Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do we want
This poll is closed.
nothing 64 22.70%
no quid pro quo 63 22.34%
it all 44 15.60%
YTURMP 111 39.36%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

tenderjerk posted:

They already had imo the best vocalist in numetal history, why would you want to detract from this

because they harmonize really well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gott 'em!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_fcdP0UVqw

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Alice Piss Stains

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

zerocool more dogs

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

T-Paine posted:

are you all ready for this: Alice in Chains loving sucks

lol

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

I first heard Alice in Chains during Ken's intro in the Street Fighter anime movie, that was cool

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Not a lot of talk about Deftones either
they had a huge run with Around the Fur and White Pony, tons of radio play

It's not 100% my jam but I like Chino's voice well enough

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

90s bands overplayed to terribleness

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Sublime

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

imagine how many elections you could win by changing your name to donald trump

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

My unpopular opinion is that Jerry Cantrell could have handled all the vocals just fine and Layne Staley was never really necessary to the band

maybe unpopular but you are 100% right

cantrells vocal harmonies are what made them sound good anyone could have growled and mumbled like layne and it would have sounded the same

see their unplugged appearance where layne was nodding off on heroin and cantrell kept them sounding tight

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Not a lot of talk about Deftones either
they had a huge run with Around the Fur and White Pony, tons of radio play

It's not 100% my jam but I like Chino's voice well enough

Deftones is a different beast entirely, yeah they're broadly also a part of numetal, but they were notorious for not touring with anyone in that scene, and they listen to like bjork or the cure, instead of whatever influenced korn or somethin

Also they make consistently good music which largely bucks the trend of numetal

deftones is like numetal for indoor kids

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

tenderjerk posted:

My unpopular opinion is that Jerry Cantrell could have handled all the vocals just fine and Layne Staley was never really necessary to the band

....I've possibly never seen anything more wrong in my life.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

weird that the dogs seem like the least photo shopped thing in this picture what is up with those peoples faces/hair

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

magiccarpet posted:

90s bands overplayed to terribleness

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Sublime

yes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

tenderjerk posted:

Deftones is a different beast entirely, yeah they're broadly also a part of numetal, but they were notorious for not touring with anyone in that scene, and they listen to like bjork or the cure, instead of whatever influenced korn or somethin

Also they make consistently good music which largely bucks the trend of numetal

Everyone should listen to and be inspired by Bjork

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

that's 70s prog rock dumbass

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

mdemone posted:

....I've possibly never seen anything more wrong in my life.

you hate that im right :chaostrump:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

🎶 Boner's gonna make you fart

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

T-Paine posted:

that's 70s prog rock dumbass

what the!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Crufts is going to give us new modern dog faces to cut/paste

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Yeahhh he comes to gently caress the rooster, aw yeahhh

masterpiece 🤘

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

🎶 Boner's gonna make you fart

Many such cases.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I wish I could fuckin see

Buddykins take me to the doctor!

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1501677579190910976

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1501949283276316673

Trump!

Glumwheels has issued a correction as of 17:43 on Mar 10, 2022

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

My brother-in-law's sister has a transitioning teenage child and now I'm helping him and my parents find out if they will be accessories to a crime the next time they visit them in tx :toot:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
hair force one

Apr 7, 2003

Once they go through the trans kids they're going to go after everyone else, this is just the start of the revenge tour.

Once they have uncontested perpetual control of the federal government nowhere will be safe for anyone who wouldn't fit in as an extra on the Andy Griffith show and once they work out their cruelty on anyone who isn't them they'll fall on each other. They're anger addicts and live solely for conflict.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Mar 10, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Reposting from the covid thread:

Have we released the bats?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Once they go through the trans kids they're going to go after everyone else, this is just the start of the revenge tour.

Once they have uncontested perpetual control of the federal government nowhere will be safe for anyone who wouldn't fit in as an extra on the Andy Griffith show and once they work out their cruelty on anyone who isn't them they'll fall on each other. They're anger addicts and live solely for conflict.

that article is about trumps jalopy plane

Apr 7, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

that article is about trumps jalopy plane

I meant the other tweet

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/maddiehanna/status/1501919488039690240?cxt=HHwWgIC93aP08dcpAAAA

quote:

A sign at Fugett Middle School in the West Chester Area School District inviting students to join a Gender-Sexuality Alliance caught the eye of GOP gubernatorial candidate Bill McSwain, who blasted it as an example of “leftist political indoctrination” in a Facebook post.

McSwain, a former U.S. attorney whose hometown is West Chester, has since deleted the post, which included a photo of the sign and pledged: “This ends when I’m governor.”

But the message — and another social media post from a Republican operative accusing the school of “grooming” students — drew outrage from parents who saw it as targeting children and their district.
yeah, i'd love to be proven wrong and hysterical on this, but i really think that most people are going to be shocked at the furiousness with which the gop starts stomping on non-straight people's faces once they get their landslide

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

It wasn't even his plane, respect the grift

Apr 7, 2003

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/maddiehanna/status/1501919488039690240?cxt=HHwWgIC93aP08dcpAAAA

yeah, i'd love to be proven wrong and hysterical on this, but i really think that most people are going to be shocked at the furiousness with which the gop starts stomping on non-straight people's faces once they get their landslide

Their messaging is coordinated and top-down, they've decided as a party that LGBTQ hate will win them elections and unlike the Dems they actually deliver on what they promise.

2022 is going to be the best year of the rest of our lives.

Apr 7, 2003

McSwain also ran an ad in PA where he flies in a helicopter over Philadelphia and the word "violent criminals" is superimposed over the part of the city where the most black people live.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

beautiful big Thursday!

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

DrPossum posted:

:) I hope everyone is ready for an extremely blessed and good Thursday. Today is the day that will be less stupid and horrible than yesterday.

bet

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Man Musk posted:

don't know if i've told the thread yet, but i'm starting a mercenary company

send your application to catboyrevolution@protonmail.com

if approved, there is a lifetime of adventure and profit to be made

do you have to be a catboy?

also I will not intentionally kill

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1501716319313428481?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

well, a barely-even-plausible school shooter rumor zipped around our school this morning and about 75% of the students either left on their own or called their parents to come get them

I mean, I guess now I don't have to teach a lesson for the three kids that are still here.