Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Downfall has been announced as an unofficial expansion with the blessing of Megacrit, for release on 25th March. All seven characters from Downfall 3.1, plus the Hermit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jedit posted:

Downfall has been announced as an unofficial expansion with the blessing of Megacrit, for release on 25th March. All seven characters from Downfall 3.1, plus the Hermit.

Full announcement:

quote:

As announced by MegaCrit in their latest update, Downfall now has a Steam Store page entry and can collect wishlists! It means a lot to be 'unofficially supported' by the developers - though we still aren't directly associated with them nor is Downfall becoming any sort of official DLC (nor is it gaining a pricetag, we'll always be free)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1865780/Downfall__A_Slay_the_Spire_Fan_Expansion/

This store page will (fingers crossed) act no differently than your current workshop setup if you are already playing modded - the only thing it will offer is to skip the "play modded" step. However, this store page is mostly targeted at people who aren't aware there is a robust modding community. The goal is to have a one-click shop to get setup to play modded content and to drive visibility through a dedicated page.

Currently we are shooting for an end of March release (which would include the latest content update, featuring the integration of the excellent Hermit mod), but this may be altered. We are awaiting a technical request from Valve currently.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I sure wish it would hit the switch

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Will this be what gets me to consider a Steam deck?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
took the announcement about Downfall to be an excuse to do my first full run of Guardian, and just took it straight through to go whale-hunting

fiddly character but when your deck comes together suddenly you have nineteen strength and all your cards cost zero, which helped a ton with the poison situation I had to deal with for the final few fights

Booklegger
Aug 2, 2008
https://oohbleh.github.io/losing-seed/

A provably unwinnable seed for Silent. (for A18+)

18ISL35FYK4

You will face Lagavulin without any additional damage, and you can't possibly draw enough damage to kill him before he reduces your Strength enough that you can't hurt him.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Sure but that's nothing special. Every run I've lost was mathematically unwinnable. :colbert:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Or phone

I only play on mobile really so Downfall is pretty inaccessible

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

Mymla posted:

Sure but that's nothing special. Every run I've lost was mathematically unwinnable. :colbert:

Have you tried multiplying everything by 2? :argh:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Booklegger posted:

https://oohbleh.github.io/losing-seed/

A provably unwinnable seed for Silent. (for A18+)

18ISL35FYK4

You will face Lagavulin without any additional damage, and you can't possibly draw enough damage to kill him before he reduces your Strength enough that you can't hurt him.

This must be for PC because on Galaxy my first card reward has masterful stab and blade dance

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

A pretty interesting and super long read about the history of competition among Slay the Spire top players: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srvds6

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You are playing Defect and trying to path for Elite + Elite + Burning Elite in Act 1.

You did a boss relic swap with Neow (Cracked Core -> Coffee Dripper). Your first two drafts give you a Sweeping Beam and Compile Driver. On floor 3 your third draft gives you the choice between a Leap, Ball Lightning, and Echo Form. You have two floors (Unknown and Hallway) before the first elite. After the elite, there are two Unknowns, a Treasure, and a Hallway before the second elite, then another Hallway before the burning elite.

Do you draft the Ball Lightning or Echo Form?

edit: what I did: I went for the gusto and took the Echo Form, figuring that I couldn't pass on such a run-defining card this early even if it meant sacrificing a very reliable attack card even if it was a common. The unknown event was Cleric, where I removed a Strike. The fourth hallway event gave me Go for the Eyes/Ball Lightning/Barrage and I immediately grabbed the Ball Lightning. The elite was a Lagavulin which was a piece of cake with 3 rounds to draw the Echo.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 3, 2022

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
A1 elites will let you set up on turn 1/2 most of the time. With coffee dripper you can even play another card with that echo form and you drafted 2 draw cards.

Honestly what potions did you have, that would influence my decision a lot.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

You are playing Defect and trying to path for Elite + Elite + Burning Elite in Act 1.

You did a boss relic swap with Neow (Cracked Core -> Coffee Dripper). Your first two drafts give you a Sweeping Beam and Compile Driver. On floor 3 your third draft gives you the choice between a Leap, Ball Lightning, and Echo Form. You have two floors (Unknown and Hallway) before the first elite. After the elite, there are two Unknowns, a Treasure, and a Hallway before the second elite, then another Hallway before the burning elite.

edit: what I did: I went for the gusto and took the Echo Form, figuring that I couldn't pass on such a run-defining card this early even if it meant sacrificing a very reliable attack card even if it was a common. The unknown event was Cleric, where I removed a Strike. The fourth hallway event gave me Go for the Eyes/Ball Lightning/Barrage and I immediately grabbed the Ball Lightning. The elite was a Lagavulin which was a piece of cake with 3 rounds to draw the Echo.

ooooooooo echo form go brrrrrr

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dyz posted:

Honestly what potions did you have, that would influence my decision a lot.

I had only the one Fire Potion

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Fire potion is probably the best potion you could have for the first act 1 elite.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

neongrey posted:

ooooooooo echo form go brrrrrr (rrrr) (rrrrr) (rrrrr)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Harriet Carker posted:

A pretty interesting and super long read about the history of competition among Slay the Spire top players: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srvds6
The funny part is LC held most of the winstreak records at the time he was promoting winrate. LC did truly shittalk jorbs a lot tho ha ha.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

NGL act 1 coffee dripper => echo form is a ballsy move. One bad elite fight and you can't heal for the boss.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

No Wave posted:

The funny part is LC held most of the winstreak records at the time he was promoting winrate. LC did truly shittalk jorbs a lot tho ha ha.

:justpost: some of LC's poo poo talking.

The more I watch Jorbs the less I like him, especially on IC.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

You did a boss relic swap with Neow (Cracked Core -> Coffee Dripper). Your first two drafts give you a Sweeping Beam and Compile Driver. On floor 3 your third draft gives you the choice between Echo Form and two other cards. You have two floors (Unknown and Hallway) before the first elite. After the elite, there are two Unknowns, a Treasure, and a Hallway before the second elite, then another Hallway before the burning elite.

Sorry, what was your question?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I didn't clip it (this was a year ago at this point) but jorbs' summary of things LC said was accurate. Tbh LC was mostly annoyed at how jorbs talks to his viewers.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

For over an hour from about 2:37 lol https://twitch.tv/videos/1409539657

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Goddamn Lifecoach is obnoxious to watch.

How the hell are people watching him do 5 hour runs.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Today's android daily was fun

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've been reaching Nirvana by cooking while playing Slay the Spire. I play until a decision point, then I think about it while cooking. So I decided to make a stream of me explaining how to do homemade bacon while playing StS.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1414248882

I might fix up my audio set up and make a few more, this was just a casual attempt to see if I liked doing it and if it worked well.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Llamadeus posted:

For over an hour from about 2:37 lol https://twitch.tv/videos/1409539657

"americans are more ok with putting people down" *goes off on a rant about how this dude sucks*

sure ok buddy

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I would not have taken compile driver on top of sweeping beam, probably, because defect has decent starting offense and I have more draw than things to draw into right now, and then ball lightning would be more tempting. Echo Form is fun but in Act 1 it's a curse in so many fights

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I've been playing a lot of round-robin Slay the Spire ascension climbs and through the process of taking everyone from A0 to A12 (thus far) it's interesting how much I've flipped my opinions on the characters. It used to be, in order of preference to play, Watcher > Defect > Ironclad >>> Silent. After 40+ runs it's now Silent > Ironclad >>> Defect > Watcher.

I think part of the difference is Silent and Ironclad got a bunch of cards buffed/changed over the last several patches, which has made their drafting a whole lot more interesting. Whereas Defect and Watcher are just generally powerful, which makes playing through their runs feel really samey (unless you actively gimp yourself by trying for an oddball draft or something like that).

e: for example, latest Ironclad run gave me Fiend Fire from Neow, then the first draft gave me a Power Through. This will be fun :mrgw:

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
For some reason I feel like I forgot how to play watcher. Like now when I play her I feel like I can just never get a good deck going.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

metachronos posted:

For some reason I feel like I forgot how to play watcher. Like now when I play her I feel like I can just never get a good deck going.

Same but Ironclad. I got my first A20 heartkill a few weeks ago with IC and haven't manage to get my A19 account even into the fourth act since

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Post your runs.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
thought experiment for defect, based on a very strong repeatable starting hand i set up.

very important relics I had: mummified hand and unceasing top.

upgraded Seek, 3 upgraded Storms, Boot Sequence.

was using seek every start to grab upgraded Amplify and Echo Form, and then playing amp-> echo forms-> storms and boot-> w/e came out of the top.

would it have generally been better to play one of the storms first, and have more energy for the top vs having 2 echo forms going? it's definitely riskier than the echo form play, which is always going to be good for future turns but prevents you from snowballing quite as hard turn one. i had one curse in a 40 card deck, that was basically the only thing that would slow the top down (and i had an aggregate in there, which looking back i should have grabbed instead of echo form maybe)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

creamcorn posted:

thought experiment for defect, based on a very strong repeatable starting hand i set up.

very important relics I had: mummified hand and unceasing top.

upgraded Seek, 3 upgraded Storms, Boot Sequence.

was using seek every start to grab upgraded Amplify and Echo Form, and then playing amp-> echo forms-> storms and boot-> w/e came out of the top.

would it have generally been better to play one of the storms first, and have more energy for the top vs having 2 echo forms going? it's definitely riskier than the echo form play, which is always going to be good for future turns but prevents you from snowballing quite as hard turn one. i had one curse in a 40 card deck, that was basically the only thing that would slow the top down (and i had an aggregate in there, which looking back i should have grabbed instead of echo form maybe)

That's the beauty of seek. Need a fast start? Play the storm or something else. Need a big setup? Play the double echo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm trying to watch Jorbs' streak on youtube and it's turning into a bit of a rough watch. I just finished 11-0 and there's like 12 hours over the next four videos. :lol:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MJeff posted:

I'm trying to watch Jorbs' streak on youtube and it's turning into a bit of a rough watch. I just finished 11-0 and there's like 12 hours over the next four videos. :lol:

Yeah his 14th one where he got the World Record is over 4 hours by itself.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Goddamn downfall is good poo poo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Oh jorbs beat the record?
I remember my kids were watching terrence HMS' 12th run and they were mad they had to stop watching to go to summer day camp. When I picked them up like 5 hours later they were super excited that the game was still going.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh jorbs beat the record?
I remember my kids were watching terrence HMS' 12th run and they were mad they had to stop watching to go to summer day camp. When I picked them up like 5 hours later they were super excited that the game was still going.

Lifecoach's first WR Watcher run took 11 hours.

E: played a demo of the STS boardgame on Friday. I'm under NDA so I can't go into detail, but it captures the game pretty well.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Gyshall posted:

Goddamn downfall is good poo poo

latest iteration of the goblins is insane

i really like how they'll just totally change up their approach to characters from version to version, to make them more streamlined