Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I can't play this game. I'm married

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

I can't play this game. I'm married

play it with your S.O.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2g5Qw_jxE

dragging dates to the planetarium to listen to the ost

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

worried about killing gameclub again/setting aside a month for a dating simulator with 400 badges

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

trying to jack off posted:

worried about killing gameclub again/setting aside a month for a dating simulator with 400 badges

i don't think this will kill it, because the game is pretty great

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mysterious loyall X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2g5Qw_jxE

dragging dates to the planetarium to listen to the ost

exactly lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

i wish i could play it today

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

quote:

Writer Koji Igarashi says when he was tasked with writing the story for the game, he got assistance from his girlfriend at the time who would later become his wife. She gave him advice on how to write the story to the game, while he would play Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, the game she was working at the time. Igarashi requested to not work on a sequel to the game, and instead was allowed to request to work on the next Castlevania game instead.
lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

You should encourage player choice by making it so every anime babe badge also has an option of something you can do in Elden Ring to get it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

each badge is also tied to an ending in chrono trigger

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

play it with your S.O.

thats illegal

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Joan posted:

You should encourage player choice by making it so every anime babe badge also has an option of something you can do in Elden Ring to get it

lol I kinda like this idea

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:siren: Special Edition Imp Zone Game Club Game :siren:

Tokimeki Memorial: Densetsu no Ki no Shita de - 1996 - Deadline 4/15/22 11:59PM EST

Giving this one a month because there are so many endings plus it's a bit of a longer game especially on first playthrough (around 9-10 hours I suspect), plus people are still playing Elden Ring and other games and I want a lot of people to be able to play this one.

Tokimeki Memorial is a dating sim game in which the player controls a male freshman from Kirameki High School. The game is particularly notable for its "bomb" feature, where neglected, infrequently-dated girls would eventually become angry and gossip to their friends, severely reducing love meters across the board. In the middle of the game, when the number of known girls is high, these "bombs" became the primary concern of the player, forcing careful planning and strategies like round-robin dating. Although the feature was still present in the later games, these games considerably reduced its importance and the difficulty in avoiding it.

Players pick options as responses when promoted by the characters in the game

Writer Koji Igarashi says when he was tasked with writing the story for the game, he got assistance from his girlfriend at the time who would later become his wife. She gave him advice on how to write the story to the game, while he would play Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, the game she was working at the time. Igarashi requested to not work on a sequel to the game, and instead was allowed to request to work on the next Castlevania game instead.

The goal of the developers was to hearken back to high school days. Konami director Akihiko Nagata said "the person who created the game wanted to have experiences like this back in his high school days"

Classic 90s Konami Soundtrack included

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO660gMjUBw

This game has been one of the holy grails for translations we never got over here. Yes, it is the SNES version (which isn't ideal compared to the PSX version) but there have been a ton of modifications including voices for certain parts, and animated endings. Plus the infamously bad background scrolling has been fixed. More info found here: https://www.translated.games/snes/heartthrob

Playing the game:

The game can be found here https://cdromance.com/snes-rom/tokimeki-memorial-densetsu-no-ki-no-shita-de-jpn/ where this link also includes the patch applied, however I recommend downloading the JPN version and then getting the full files from https://www.translated.games/snes/heartthrob which includes the animations and voices. I was able to test this with SNES9x and as long as you rename the rom and patch to the same name, it will work if its just in the same folder, no need for manual IPS patching.

Special Shoutouts to Sub-Actuality for the following animated gifs of the girls, as well as creating all the badges for this special 1 month IZGC pick.

Profiles:

Shiori Fujisaki

She is the primary protagonist of Tokimeki Memorial, and the main character's best friend from childhood. Over the years, your relationship has slowly started to drift apart, but you two are still friends. However, in order to make the next leap you must become closer to Shiori.

Shiori is loved by all the guys in Kirameki High. She's beautiful, smart, kind, and good at everything from academics to sports; there's very little Shiori can't do.

Mio Kisaragi

Mio is a gentle and polite girl who has a weak body, and as such she's not good with sports. She always has her nose in a book, and her favorite author is Goethe. Her best friend is Saki Nijino.

Yuina Himoo

Yuina is a technophile who one day hopes to rule the world through the use of giant robots. She likes to bully Kyoko Izumi around, but her true archnemesis is the dreaded KOALA.

Ayako Katagiri

She is very interested in the arts, primarily visual arts. She admires the work of "R. H. Gergi" (a reference to H.R. Giger) and loves to pepper her sentences with seemingly random English phrases.

Saki Nijino

Saki is a big fan of baseball and soccer, and even serves as the manager of the soccer team at Kirameki High

Yukari Koshiki

Yukari is a well-mannered traditional Japanese girl. She enjoys knitting as a hobby, and has the habit of speaking extremely slowly and spacing out. Her father is overly protective of her.

Nozomi Kiyokawa

Nozomi is a very tomboyish girl who loves swimming. However, she also enjoys more girly pleasures like flowers and ribbons, but is usually too embarrassed to show her feminine side.

Mira Kagami

Mira is the beautiful ice queen of Kirameki Private High School, complete with her own fan club of lackeys following her around.

Yuko Asahina

Yuko can always be counted on to be on top of the latest gossip and trends. However, she can't be counted on to be on time for class. She is very good at winning UFO catcher prizes.

Megumi Mikihara

Megumi is Shiori's best friend, and is a shy girl who is afraid to speak to boys. She has a soft spot for animals, and has a pet Yorkshire Terrier named Muku.

Yumi Saotome

Yumi is the younger sister of Yoshio, and will answer the phone before him many times when you call for information. She is one year younger than the protagonist, and will enter Kirameki Private High School during the game's second year. Yumi dislikes being called and treated like a child.

Miharu Tatebayashi

A loving stalker

Rei Ijuin

Rei is the kind of guy that girls fall over themselves to worship due to his looks, power (his grandfather is chairman of Kirameki Private High School), and money. He comes complete with a fan club, thus, all the male students of Kirameki despise him, including Yoshio Saotome. Rei's butler is Yukinojou Sotoi.
His hobby is collecting jewelry.

Badges

: Ending with Shiori Fujisaki

: Ending with Mio Kisaragi

: Ending with Yuina Himoo

: Ending with Ayako Katagiri

: Ending with Saki Nijino

: Ending with Yukari Koshiki

: Ending with Nozomi Kiyokawa

: Ending with Mira Kagami

: Ending with Yuko Asahina

: Ending with Megumi Mikihara

: Ending with Yumi Saotome

: Ending with Miharu Tatebayashi

: Ending with Rei Ijuin

: Kissless, Hugless, Hand-Holdless Virgin for Life

Required Viewing on why this game is important and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-DtICmPTY

Game starts on 3/16/22 at 12AM EST - Posting this early to give people time to download the game and patches and test it, and also because I'm going to be busy most of next week and going on vacation shortly after so hopefully I will have time to get one or two badges in before the end. Good luck everyone!

lmao

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol I kinda like this idea

Blue haired girl is beating Margit with an int build, yellow haired girl is beating Margit with a faith build, main girl is beating the game, etc

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the hat will always be back on the horse

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Joan posted:

Blue haired girl is beating Margit with an int build, yellow haired girl is beating Margit with a faith build, main girl is beating the game, etc

forever alone/loser ending is looking up a walkthrough

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Joan posted:

date or die

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Foul Megumi… thou’rt unfit even to date

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

But you, I am afraid, are waifuless.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

But you, I am afraid, are waifuless.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sub actuality, if you're still in stage 4 of quarantine there are a series of screenshots i need you to take, you will know which ones they are when they arrive

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

i'm half-tempted to counter-program but also half-tempted to be a lazy shithead and just take the month off to play metroid or something

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

checking the fextralife for tips on dating mira

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

checking the fextralife for tips on dating mira

im checking with the fetlife in their steam profile goon

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

im checking with the fetlife in their steam profile goon

which one?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

sub actuality, if you're still in stage 4 of quarantine there are a series of screenshots i need you to take, you will know which ones they are when they arrive

lol I am, will do

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Lol I was going to joke that it was this game. Sick.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

no idea if this was what you had in mind but lol anyway

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol nah, its coming up as the school mission. but lol all over again at that one

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

:siren: Extra Special Edition Imp Zone Game Club Game :siren:

Elden Ring - 2022 - Deadline 4/15/22 11:59PM EST

Elden Ring is an action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game was made in collaboration with fantasy novelist George R. R. Martin, who provided material for the game's setting. Gameplay is similar to the Dark Souls series, but on a larger scale with the addition of an open world and mounted combat.

Aside from some PC performance issues it was extremely well-reviewed on release, and many consider it the culmination of both Souls games and open world games.

Steel thyself, tarnished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpwqpWLeiw

Badges

: Beat the game

: Defeat Margit with an Int build

: Upgrade an armament to its highest stage

: Defeat Astel, Naturalborn Of The Void

: Defeat Margit with a faith build

: Defeat Mohg, Lord of Blood

: Defeat Shardbearer Malenia

: Defeat Mira's Fia's Champions

: Obtain the Beast Claw

: Obtain Daedicar's Woe

: Defeat Grafted Scion (tutorial boss)

: Defeat Margit with no summons or spirit ashes

: Obtain the Sword of St Trina

: Lose a number of runes from failing to reach your death site greater than how many you would need to level up three times

Game starts on 3/16/22 at 12AM EST - But if you're already playing you can continue and your achievements so far still count. Good luck everyone!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
souls games babies need special goals for their easy games that theyre already playing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Joan posted:

Elden Ring is an action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game was made in collaboration with fantasy novelist George R. R. Martin, who provided material for the game's setting. Gameplay is similar to the Dark Souls series, but on a larger scale with the addition of an open world and mounted combat.

Aside from some PC performance issues it was extremely well-reviewed on release, and many consider it the culmination of both Souls games and open world games.

Badges

: Lose a number of runes from failing to reach your death site greater than how many you would need to level up three times

Game starts on 3/16/22 at 12AM EST - But if you're already playing you can continue and your achievements so far still count. Good luck everyone!

Cringe

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

any badges gained frm this false alternative will not be honored

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Unlike some I listen to and believe women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Joan posted:

Badges

first of all, you should feel bad for doing this and besmirching the name of Game Club. Secondly, this is unsanctioned and should be punished accordingly. gently caress you