Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a similar jump off an elevator in a late game secret area where unfortunately there's nothing to find and I was so tempted to leave a message to get people to try the jump and waste their time but in the end I acted with honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

herculon posted:

I appreciate that every message telling me there's an enemy to the left or right has never led me astray.

Yeah, every now and then I'll get annoyed with all the memes and consider going in offline mode, but then I get my rear end saved by a helpful "be wary of left," or I get in a situation where I'm beat to poo poo, out of healing items, haven't seen a site of grace in forever, and am considering turning back but then I start seeing a bunch of "grace ahead" messages that give me the motivation to push through a little more. Or just come across a joke that's actually funny, like "Didn't expect weak enemy, therefore time for introspection" immediately after the Nokron City mimic tear boss room.

I really love this style of multiplater, like indirect co-op where you can get some help from someone without them ever entering your game. Getting likes or using structures or vehicles left by other players in Death Stranding was the same kind of feeling. I hope other games start taking inspiration from it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Gato The Elder posted:

I know there are still at least two field bosses I need to go back for as well as the sewers that the plague guy gave me a key for

I did this part earlier and the guy gave me bad vibes so I killed him but just barely survived one of his swings.

Also yeah I climbed an ash-covered carriage up to a side door because I figured I was close to a bonfire but instead found the "real" round table hold. FromSoft has done this kind of thing before but it always hits.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It gives me the same vibe as the DS3 Untended Graves

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I did this part earlier and the guy gave me bad vibes so I killed him but just barely survived one of his swings.

Also yeah I climbed an ash-covered carriage up to a side door because I figured I was close to a bonfire but instead found the "real" round table hold. FromSoft has done this kind of thing before but it always hits.

this time it hits for me because it made sense for the Hunter's Workshop to have a real world counterpart, it was a dream, after all

but if this is the real world roundtable hold, what is the place I've been going to?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah the version in Bloodborne is less unsettling because we know from the start the Hunters Dream is an alternate dimension, but this definitely felt like Untended Graves

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

I think like crumbling farum Azula being frozen in time the same thing is going on with round table hold. I figured the reason that the hold starts to fall apart towards the end of the game is that the magic holding it together is starting to fade

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
lol at the deathblight/curse animation

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I beat Rennala first try and was feeling a bit cocky so I used the item from Varre go visit the Lord of Blood and that was frankly even more unpleasant than expected. Then I went to the Atlus Plateau for the first time and visit a mansion full of absolute freaks. I'd like to go somewhere nice soon please.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

what the hell would possess a person to buy items from this, genuinely? is it some kind of MMORPG brain disease, I genuinely don't understand. just watch someone else play it at that point

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bicyclops posted:

what the hell would possess a person to buy items from this, genuinely? is it some kind of MMORPG brain disease, I genuinely don't understand. just watch someone else play it at that point

Mental illness

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

there are like a million youtube videos now instructing you on how to break the game in 30 minutes, because the only thing that limits you from immediately getting a +20 wep is knowing where to go. i really dont get it lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

It's cheap enough, and I consider it a tip jar.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Found a weapon that can Death Blight 💀, guess theres a legendary weapon for all the builds, this ones the dex/faith one, wonder if death works on enemies?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the first time i played dark souls 1 i summoned my friend to help with capra demon and he dropped a n unupgraded silver knight straight sword for me. it was awesome

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Where’s this from, mmo hmo?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

by that logic no one should ever even buy a video game in the first place since technically youre "buying" the items when you buy the game. oh sorry, my apologies, that would be using logic though wouldnt it? and we cant have that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Me, sitting on the shitter playing Burrito Bison.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Me, sitting on the shitter playing Burrito Bison.

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

by that logic no one should ever even buy a video game in the first place since technically youre "buying" the items when you buy the game. oh sorry, my apologies, that would be using logic though wouldnt it? and we cant have that.

This.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Orange DeviI posted:

Where’s this from, mmo hmo?

Yes.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The story boss of Volcano Manor is the coolest poo poo in the world

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't particularly like it but I acknowledge it's the best type of that boss they've done.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

just got the talisman achievement lol, i thought it was 'get all talismans'

idk what is designated as legendary, i guess the soreseals or anything with a gods name in it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The story boss of Volcano Manor is the coolest poo poo in the world

Absolutely nailed the creepy voice acting

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

mbt posted:

just got the talisman achievement lol, i thought it was 'get all talismans'

idk what is designated as legendary, i guess the soreseals or anything with a gods name in it

The legendary weapon/spell/talisman thing felt sort of weird like maybe they felt they needed to put it in since it’s an open world game. They even have the same color coding MMO items do to denote rarity lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think I'm getting pretty drat close to the end here and probably the most "feels" I've gotten so far is surprisingly from the Finger Reader in Roundtable Hold coming around on your act of heresy. "Don't worry, my dear... I'll see it to the end with you, if it please."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ghosthotel posted:

The legendary weapon/spell/talisman thing felt sort of weird like maybe they felt they needed to put it in since it’s an open world game. They even have the same color coding MMO items do to denote rarity lol

its a compromise with their previous tradition of “collect every ring, spell and incantation in the game”

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ghosthotel posted:

I'm never gonna get that poo poo haha. I could play this game for 1000 hours and never find everything by myself.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I discovered today that those achievements are profile wide lol. I got the legendary armament one yesterday and went to check my inventory and realized I only got one of them on my second character, so you don't even have to do them on the same character let alone same run, which is nice. I don't think it worked like that for the other games.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I discovered today that those achievements are profile wide lol. I got the legendary armament one yesterday and went to check my inventory and realized I only got one of them on my second character, so you don't even have to do them on the same character let alone same run, which is nice. I don't think it worked like that for the other games.

That's actually cool. I wonder if that's only for NG+ or for a fresh file?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's actually cool. I wonder if that's only for NG+ or for a fresh file?

I never got the sword of night and flame or the ruins greatsword on my main character, I got the night and flame one on my second, and I got the ruins one in NG+ on the main character, which popped the achievement. So either you're allowed to miss a couple of them or it counts all my characters under my Xbox profile lol. either one is neat. I just need all the talismans and spells and the ending achievements to plat now...

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Finished the game. Goddamn what a journey, what a great great game.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Advanced the plot a little bit in the Capital but there's still tons for me to do. I remember thinking bosses wouldn't be as aggressive in this as they were in Sekiro but drat I'm glad to be proven wrong

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Just had a sudden burst of realization about all the IRL poo poo I've been putting off for two whole weeks. gently caress

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fortaleza posted:

Just had a sudden burst of realization about all the IRL poo poo I've been putting off for two whole weeks. gently caress

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Ha ha ha... Yeah...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fortaleza posted:

😬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Fortaleza posted: