Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I don’t know for a fact it was self-referential, but I doubt he’d dog on a cast-member like that and also he is aware of his dogshit sleep and nutrition habits that don’t do great things to his physical and mental wellbeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

I don’t know for a fact it was self-referential, but I doubt he’d dog on a cast-member like that and also he is aware of his dogshit sleep and nutrition habits that don’t do great things to his physical and mental wellbeing.

i feel like griffin is not the type of working actor who would think it was funny if he was personally dragging down an entire production, it sounds like some eccentric poo poo some significantly more famous person did

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
He also hosed up his back during production so it could be a reference to that period. Was confused about that bit as well

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I started listening to BC after Griff and ... and David! should up on HDTGM for Justice League and have binged the whole series.

I love this meandering podcast.

Violator
May 15, 2003

fatherboxx posted:

1) Alex Ross Perry using most of his episode to do a lecture on american horror movie history was wonderful
2) Memoirs of Invisible Man episode mostly talking about Chevy Chase and where did it all go wrong with him multiple times was nice

I’ve had this podcast in PocketCasts for a long rear end time after hearing one of the hosts on WHM years ago, but never started listening until the Carpenter series. I’ve enjoyed them all but these two really stand out as excellent. Going through the back catalog now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Violator posted:

I’ve had this podcast in PocketCasts for a long rear end time after hearing one of the hosts on WHM years ago, but never started listening until the Carpenter series. I’ve enjoyed them all but these two really stand out as excellent. Going through the back catalog now.

The Michael Mann episodes are pretty good too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

poly and open-minded posted:

I started listening to BC after Griff and ... and David! should up on HDTGM for Justice League and have binged the whole series.

I love this meandering podcast.

I came in some time earlier when Griffin guest starred on We Hate Movies, but I did the same. Went back a binged a bunch of older series. I've deliberately kept a few of the longer series back for when I have some long drives ahead, or when a new game that I can podcast and play comes out, because this is the perfect podcast for either of those. Long and super interesting, but possible to dive in and out of if I need to.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 8, 2021

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I though i was totally desensitized to podcaster vocal tics but then I heard Paul Rust's laugh
the horror

Kurt Russell and son being huge Evil Dead fans is very cute.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Aw yeah, my two favorite pods coming together. :rock:

(How is this not the longest episode ever?)

EDIT: Ahahaha I definitely posted this five minutes into the episode.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 15, 2021

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

Aw yeah, my two favorite pods coming together. :rock:

(How is this not the longest episode ever?)

Probably because Gourley had to leave early

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I will eat my hat if they don't make a reference to Alien$ for Vampire$

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

poly and open-minded posted:

I will eat my hat if they don't make a reference to Alien$ for Vampire$

So when and where for the stream, and more importantly; are we talking beanie, baseball, homberg or something easy like, I dunno, a yarmulke?

I'm gonna feel real stupid if they did and I missed it (I listen while doing stuff) but I'm 99.9% sure it didn't come up)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

jojoinnit posted:

So when and where for the stream, and more importantly; are we talking beanie, baseball, homberg or something easy like, I dunno, a yarmulke?

I'm gonna feel real stupid if they did and I missed it (I listen while doing stuff) but I'm 99.9% sure it didn't come up)

dawg they made a big show out of it with David saying every letter

lmao they talk for like 15 minutes out of 2 hour episode about the movie, great job (movie deserves it)
they do an American Pie trivia game ffs

imagine Blade having just THAT opening scene and then it is just Wesley Snipes being an insufferable rear end in a top hat for the rest of the movie berating N'Bushe Wright without any dead bloodsuckers, thats John Carpenter's Vampire$

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The American Pie Presents crossover pitched was excellent.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

dawg they made a big show out of it with David saying every letter

lmao they talk for like 15 minutes out of 2 hour episode about the movie, great job (movie deserves it)
they do an American Pie trivia game ffs

imagine Blade having just THAT opening scene and then it is just Wesley Snipes being an insufferable rear end in a top hat for the rest of the movie berating N'Bushe Wright without any dead bloodsuckers, thats John Carpenter's Vampire$

Ah dammit. I remember the American Pie detour but didn't remember hearing that.

Gonna go find a hat to chew in shame when I give that episode a relisten. I listened right after today's special features release of Santa Clause which was much easier of a listen cause that was a childhood semi-regular and I've come to kinda enjoy how into those kind of movies Griffin really gets.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

fatherboxx posted:

You nailed it, that's exactly right. God, Vampir€s is so poo poo.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Really enjoyed the pre-shooting “where is he now?” discussion about Alec Baldwin. Anyway I’m with David on the movie in that it’s fun guilty pleasure.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
Just been listening to the Memoirs of an Invisible Man episode. Griffin keeps pointedly saying stuff like:

"It must be hard to work on something where the main star has to wear a lot of prosthetics and make up and then only has a bit of energy before they say they're done for the day. I imagine. And you have to structure everyone's day around getting the shots with them that are necessary before they decide to walk off set. Just guessing...."

I assume he's referring to working on the tick here. Did Serafinowicz really have that kind of status on that? It seems like just as much of an opportunity for him as anyone else and I'm surprised he would have been able to diva it up that much.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

OrthoTrot posted:

Just been listening to the Memoirs of an Invisible Man episode. Griffin keeps pointedly saying stuff like:

"It must be hard to work on something where the main star has to wear a lot of prosthetics and make up and then only has a bit of energy before they say they're done for the day. I imagine. And you have to structure everyone's day around getting the shots with them that are necessary before they decide to walk off set. Just guessing...."

I assume he's referring to working on the tick here. Did Serafinowicz really have that kind of status on that? It seems like just as much of an opportunity for him as anyone else and I'm surprised he would have been able to diva it up that much.

I think he’s referring to one Griffin Newman

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The Gillman posted:

I think he’s referring to one Griffin Newman

don't think griffin is the one wearing a lot of prosthetics here?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
ha, maybe he is talking about Serafinowicz.

quote:

Q WObviously, the superhero suit/costume is one of the most important elements when making a show.
A I think one thing all superhero costumes have in common is that all actors who have to wear the superhero costumes hate wearing them. It looks good, so I suppose that is the important thing.

Q What is yours made of?
A I think it’s some sort of special spandex, like three-ply. It is nonbreathable, and it doesn’t have much give in it. It is a bit of a struggle to move sometimes. If I get it in the right position, I can bound around and stuff. Once everything is all working, it is pretty good fun to bounce around in it. But it is a physically demanding part, more than I have previously been called on to do.

Q Is it comfortable? Hot? Cold? Can you breathe?
A The strange thing about the costume is that it mimics whatever temperature it is outside. So if it is cold out, I’m cold in it. If it is hot, it gets quite hot in there and I am sweating. It is kind of terrible in any weather. Like today — I was pretty slimy by the end of the day.

Q I imagine, due to cost, there aren’t a whole lot of extra costumes lying around. Do you have to be very careful with your diet and not eat any extra-big meals over the weekend, or skip dessert?
A That hasn’t come up yet, but no, I definitely can’t gain any weight. My body has started to form to the shape of the costume. But I don’t have the energy for any fun right now anyway. As soon as I am done for the day, I am spent, a wreck, a husk of a man. I am basically a puddle at the end of the day. I have no social life. I don’t want to do anything. In fact, this 10 minutes with you is as social as it gets for me these days.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tick-peter-serafinowicz-talks-costume-woes-antenna-acting-not-spoiling-memories-140249154.html

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
He was absolutely talking about himself. He was injured during the second season and they had to work around him quite a bit.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
He repeatedly says he's talking about the title character. The blankies subreddit also think he can only have been talking about Serafinowicz.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
Fair point then. He’s usually so self deprecating I just made that connection myself

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Very glad a chunk of Benedetta episode is dedicated to the discussion of fart artistry

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I would help fund a biopic of the world's greatest fartist but only if the lead is played by a method actor.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Absolutely gutted that I can't listen to todays episode because my dumb country still have cinemas closed. :(

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
It’s streaming on HBO Max in the US if you are able to VPN your way to that.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Eggnogium posted:

It’s streaming on HBO Max in the US if you are able to VPN your way to that.

Lmao I would rather drag a cinema rear end-end first across borders than sign up for a paid service in the US that I'd then need to cancel to watch one movie. Nah, this will be a "give me an easy option or its :filez: time until I support the purchase via hard media release later" situation sadly.

I was even able to see Tenet in a pretty private and safe feeling experience so I don't know what changed so much for cinemas since then.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just started listening to this pod. Pretty good, weird to learn Arthur had a podcast and all that.

What in the gently caress is wrong with griffin in the split episode. I don't understand how in the gently caress you can spend so long, and waste so much time not understanding anything that happened.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Some crazy bastard went and did it, they made Wordle for the absolute dorks who are into this stuff: https://boxofficega.me/

I got 0 right

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Colonel Whitey posted:

Some crazy bastard went and did it, they made Wordle for the absolute dorks who are into this stuff: https://boxofficega.me/

I got 0 right

I got 3 right. And actually saw 4 of these in the theater. God drat.

This spoiler doesn't actually name the movies, just references their quality. This is more an indictment of me than speaking to their quality.

I like this game!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I saw one of them in theaters and have never seen the others, and didn't even know two of them existed. It's pretty fun even when you can't figure them out, I just wish it wasn't one per day!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/blankcheckpod/status/1501598200360325123?t=lvciHpumoR-5Qz2_dX_TaQ&s=19

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Darkman is criminally underrated

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Hell yes
The hosliest of series

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Crimewave seems like the perfect movie for them

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Neither have seen THE QUICK AND THE DEAD so that's going to be a blast.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Gaius Marius posted:

I really need to rewatch that. I remember it disappointing me as a kid by not being Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gaius Marius posted:

... eh, I enjoyed watching 5 scenes on YouTube more than sitting down and watching the whole movie, and that one Neeson gif going "why?"