Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wendigee posted:

okay so I tried watching cosmopolis... and... does something happen or is it just weird awkward interviews in a limo with his supposed friends and staff that somehow appear in his limo every 15 minutes for the entire film?

ouija: origin of evil kind of sucked too :(

I really like both of those films!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sunk Dunk posted:

well i mean look at 7 of 9
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1249803774119383040
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1249805885066473472
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1249806643128229888
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1249807465790582784
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1249808242319831040
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1249808732751417344

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

thank you white lady for barack obama

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

priznat posted:

Yeah it bugs me that all these folks have more money than they could ever need and they're still grindin'. Take a break ffs. Stupid boomer mindset.

It's almost like pro athletes who want to continue the glory days, but they don't have to compete with the younger, more vital, up-and-coming talent that would absolutely do a better job in the same role.

I was struck at the behind-the-scenes of Indy 4. It was like a college reunion - 'we just have so much fun making movies'... but none of the fear or hunger they had when younger.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Lister posted:

The new picard episode is out today as well. The violence is back baby! Elnor has traded decapitations for throat slitting and Q backhands Picard to give him a bloody nose.

Can't wait for the boys to see this :allears:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/terrymatalas/status/1502033168374796295?s=21

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Hahaha, I forgot star trek discovery gave Spock dyslexia. Christ, what a bad tv show.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
for the reboots... not the new

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Whoever made that prop remembered that TAS episode, so surely SOMEONE on the crew doesn’t hate Star Trek? Could it be true?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The United States posted:

<that viral twitter thread about how Voyager resulted in Barack Obama's presidency>

It's a great story, but Jack Ryan was never going to win Illinois in 2004. Kerry beat Bush by over 10 points in the state, and whoever was the Democratic nominee was a lock for that seat. But it does give us the mental image of Jeri Ryan being annoyed and wanting to leave a BDSM club, so who can say if this myth is really worth busting?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

LanceHunter posted:

It's a great story, but Jack Ryan was never going to win Illinois in 2004. Kerry beat Bush by over 10 points in the state, and whoever was the Democratic nominee was a lock for that seat. But it does give us the mental image of Jeri Ryan being annoyed and wanting to leave a BDSM club, so who can say if this myth is really worth busting?

This is not correct at all. We have had two Republican Senators in the last 25 years. Republicans win statewide elections like that all the time. An attractive enough Republican candidate in Illinois absolutely can win. Probably not against Obama, who is amazingly charismatic, but it would have been uncomfortably close.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

LanceHunter posted:

I think what's notable is how much of an rear end in a top hat Jack Ryan was that he was married to Jeri and all he wanted to do was force her to have sex in public and with other people in bdsm sex clubs, most men would count their blessings just to be married to her, but no, not enough for Jack, he had to be abusive and controlling and treat her like a piece of property

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Whoever made that prop remembered that TAS episode, so surely SOMEONE on the crew doesn’t hate Star Trek? Could it be true?

It's his memory alpha page but in the first person.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Wendigee posted:

okay so I tried watching cosmopolis... and... does something happen or is it just weird awkward interviews in a limo with his supposed friends and staff that somehow appear in his limo every 15 minutes for the entire film?

No that’s pretty much it apart from him having little side quests occasionally. It’s all about the monologues!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I think what's notable is how much of an rear end in a top hat Jack Ryan was that he was married to Jeri and all he wanted to do was force her to have sex in public and with other people in bdsm sex clubs, most men would count their blessings just to be married to her, but no, not enough for Jack, he had to be abusive and controlling and treat her like a piece of property

Weird how this sort of thing keeps happening. Oh well, we'll never get to the bottom of this

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

gotta maintain copyright in the distant future where money is no longer necessary

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yeah, forced/coerced swinging is a Republican thing. John Bolton’s first wife divorced him over it. Paul Manafort allegedly forced his wife to do it once. And then of course Roger Stone was famously kicked off Bob Dole’s 1996 campaign after a personal ad he placed looking for men to bang his wife while he watched was discovered, but at least Roger Stone’s wife is into it, so… progress. :thumbsup:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

gotta maintain copyright in the distant future where money is no longer necessary

since the main currency of the federation is your reputation I can imagine having your name all over your book is more valuable than it is now. Copyright might just mean “don’t claim you wrote this rear end in a top hat” in the future

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Origami Dali posted:

Wait. For that matter why is the copyright just “Spock?” That isn’t his full name

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gutcruncher posted:

Wait. For that matter why is the copyright just “Spock?” That isn’t his full name

what's his full name? :raise:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Mr. Spock

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Cubone posted:

what's his full name? :raise:

Humans can’t pronounce it. His mom gave up

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Stink Billyums posted:

there was a recent movie about a guy rewatching a vhs of wil wheaton pretending to be your friend over and over until he goes insane. the star trek promo stuff reminded me of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS3jG3KKXVs

That's based on a real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMi86xNrPpU

Found Footage Festival have done a deep dive including an interview with the guy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

None of this would have happened if Sisko had just listened to Dukat and let the Cardassians kill the Maqis.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4ey-EmLm4

did a meme gaslight me

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Goldman Sachs

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
very much enjoyed the latest episode of severance, if you aren't watching severance you're missing out

christopher walken and john turturro trying to navigate their weird feelings for eachother in the mk hr ultra hellscape they exist in where their departments are manipulatively being pitted against eachother might be the only romance story ever that didn't make me gag. and it even moved the plot forward too. really good poo poo

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's based on a real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMi86xNrPpU

Found Footage Festival have done a deep dive including an interview with the guy.

ha i knew it was probably based on some weird subgenre of vhs tapes but i didn't know it was that 1:1

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
wait i take that back the love story in the handmaiden didn't make me gag either but that's it

i still haven't seen benedetta so that might change soon

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
it's the mandela effect

kalel posted:

Goldman Sachs
good point yeah

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

it's the mandela effect

anyone else seen the mandela effect movie?

watch out, the mandela effect is gonna get you!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mac and Cheese posted:

very much enjoyed the latest episode of severance, if you aren't watching severance you're missing out

christopher walken and john turturro trying to navigate their weird feelings for eachother in the mk hr ultra hellscape they exist in where their departments are manipulatively being pitted against eachother might be the only romance story ever that didn't make me gag. and it even moved the plot forward too. really good poo poo

ha i knew it was probably based on some weird subgenre of vhs tapes but i didn't know it was that 1:1

Yeah that episode of Severance was fantastic. This show rules just completely.

Just hits so well with the oddness and mystery that keeps getting weirder, rules.

I am always aware it could be a Lost style disappointment but fuckit I’m all in

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022
So I wouldn't have thought that Australia's worst News website would feature the boys but there you go...

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...4d861d1d2bc7c85

"Popular YouTube channel Half in the Bag..."

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

priznat posted:

Yeah that episode of Severance was fantastic. This show rules just completely.

Just hits so well with the oddness and mystery that keeps getting weirder, rules.

I am always aware it could be a Lost style disappointment but fuckit I’m all in

yeah turns out those numbers on the screen don't even mean anything, they were just playing minesweeper the whole time

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

billymumphrey posted:

So I wouldn't have thought that Australia's worst News website would feature the boys but there you go...

From the article:

Eskandari replied, “Yes this is true my guy I directed four movies with him so I know first hand.

Lmfao.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

billymumphrey posted:

Somehow Bruce Willis has dementia

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Hillary 2024 posted:

Somehow Bruce Willis has dementia

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

priznat posted:

No that’s pretty much it apart from him having little side quests occasionally. It’s all about the monologues!

Yeah it owns

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quote:

They added, “The good news is that although there is the real concern of dementia fears, it largely has not impacted his ability to work in Hollywood – and in true super hero form – he won’t slow down because new technology like ear pieces allows actors of his caliber not to skip a beat.”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

grim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You can check out any time you like but u can never leave... really makes u think!