Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

xedo posted:

e: cursed snipe

shut up!!! it doesn't matter!!! stop thinking about this!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

I don't see that deal in America, weird.

Katamari is less than a decent lunch. You'd be a fool not to buy it!!!

Ahem. The term is Katamari Dumbassy

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b_d posted:

shut up!!! it doesn't matter!!! stop thinking about this!!!!

lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes my Pro Controller wakes up the switch with one tap, other times I have to input an arcane message of short and long taps before it wakes the console

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Metroid Prime 4 graphics looking great, movement looks kind of stiff
https://twitter.com/11Vadu/status/1445210124692324356?t=GbmuK_2XILQzyqBE2WAOuQ&s=19

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Happy Mar10 Day

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I just can't trust pictures of jars on the internet anymore. No reason.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Are you ok?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
:69snypa:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
btw triangle strategy still owns

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The Bloop posted:

Happy Mar10 Day

I thought Mario was strictly psychedelics.

EDIT: I've asked this before but I just want to make sure. I have a Switch with a Nintendo account. I just bought another Switch to use as a secondary that will be in another location and share the account. This is possible, yes? As long as the secondary is always connected to the Internet? And it can play downloaded games as long as the primary isn't playing them? And they can access saved data for downloaded and physical games? I apologize for all the questions and thank you in advance.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 10, 2022

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I thought Mario was strictly psychedelics.

Touch fuzzy, get dizzy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Think about what the post they quoted was saying, and then its placement on this page

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Everyone post about Mario Kart in here as a prank on Xenomrph’s thread :xd:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

Today is my first time playing MK8:DX--not having played an MK game since SNES, and I am disgusted that there's no 'single racing event' for a quick spin around the tracks. The minimum is 4?!

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Would've been nice if Nintendo added more boards to Mario Party Superstars for Mario Day.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LuckyCat posted:

Idk who that is, sorry

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah, why do you ask?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've never gone from being excited for a game to being utterly disappointed as fast as I have with Chocobo GP.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Morter posted:

Today is my first time playing MK8:DX--not having played an MK game since SNES, and I am disgusted that there's no 'single racing event' for a quick spin around the tracks. The minimum is 4?!

Wait, really? Well, there are time trials, but I thought you could race just one in Vs?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Xenomrph posted:

Definite day 1 purchase for me, I went all in on the other Lego Mario stuff and it’s surprisingly clever and involved if you choose to engage with the “play-pattern”.

How much did it cost to go all-in? I’m interested but also neurotic so I’d have to buy everything. Seems like it’s a cool grand or something.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I will, I am, I have!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, really? Well, there are time trials, but I thought you could race just one in Vs?

Unless it's unlockable, I certainly can't. Lowest is 4 races and highest is 32 races.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've never gone from being excited for a game to being utterly disappointed as fast as I have with Chocobo GP.

They have a loving free-to-play model on their $50 game (albeit there is a free-to-play version, but to really get the most out of it you apparently need to buy the full version and then deal with the free-to-play bullshit on top of that).

It's a kart racer with a loving battle pass.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mega64 posted:

They have a loving free-to-play model on their $50 game (albeit there is a free-to-play version, but to really get the most out of it you apparently need to buy the full version and then deal with the free-to-play bullshit on top of that).

The currency also expires 5 months after purchase lol.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

Idk who that is, sorry

Mario is a fictional Italian plumber made by Nintendo, and he has a racing game too.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This feels illegal, is it illegal? It should be if it isn’t

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just reading about that is making me think about uninstalling the free trial, there's scum practice and there's charging you 50 bucks for a F2P mode game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lmao

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Time to play Touhou Skydrift instead.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Morter posted:

Stop complaining and go back to playing the perfect loving game

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

LuckyCat posted:

You son of a bitch

mandatory lesbian posted:

Idk who that is, sorry

You son of a bitch

Fly Ricky posted:

How much did it cost to go all-in? I’m interested but also neurotic so I’d have to buy everything. Seems like it’s a cool grand or something.
There are like 3 sets I skipped because they either didn’t look interesting or YouTube reviews said the play gimmicks didn’t work well, otherwise I think I managed to buy everything in the line except for, like, a Lego store exclusive set that now sells for like $200 on eBay or something stupid.

How much did it all cost? I don’t even want to think about it, but I got a fair number of sets on sale or discounted on eBay because they were “open box” or damaged packaging. A lot of the sets are discontinued so you’re at the mercy of the secondary market, but that can sometimes work to your benefit as I’ve gotten some good discounts.
I also scammed Walmart to get the Mario and Luigi starter courses at a significant discount because they were dumb enough to put the sets behind the wrong price sticker and the guy at the register wasn’t paid enough to give a poo poo and honored the sticker price.

I will say that storing the sets is a bit of a nightmare because aside from the Bowser Airship and maybe parts of some other sets, they’re kind of not meant for “display” and take up a ton of horizontal real estate. I have the sets pretty well broken up and stored in ziploc bags of various sizes and then separate bags for the common “connector” and base pieces, and then placed in a couple boxes.

If I had to pick some standout sets:

- Thwomp Drop is rad, Thwomps are cool and the mechanism for making it drop is clever and recreates the game mechanic really well

- Chain Chomp is rad, Chain Chomps are cool and the two-stage gimmick to defeat it is fun

- Bowser Jr’s Clown Car is really slick and the way it integrates the “flying” mechanic both into the build and into the Mario electronics is really neat

- Bowser’s Airship is a fun build and is visually impressive on its own, and the multi-stage way you “defeat” it is cool

The Thwimp is the best character pack, it’s just adorable.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1501971040137846790

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hey who wanted Super Mario Party on sale? Best Buy has you covered.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-mario-party-nintendo-switch/6255373.p?skuId=6255373

$30 off for the next 7 hours.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I questioned the wisdom of launching a kart racer exclusively on the same platform as MK8 DX, but it seemed cute and would probably be fun for FF fans even if it inevitably had less content, right?

lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I forget about it then will randomly slap on MK and be blown away at how much fun it is.

Need dat dlc right NOW

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Alan_Shore posted:

I forget about it then will randomly slap on MK and be blown away at how much fun it is.

Need dat dlc right NOW

It's probably the most flawless game of all-time, even before the DLC launches

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
The only flaw of MK8's that I can think of is that races in local multiplayer don't end automatically after the first three players have already secured 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place; everyone is forced to watch 4th and last player awkwardly reach the finish line. It's nitpicky, but previous MK games did it right and it's always felt like an odd oversight in an otherwise perfect game.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I wasn't sure about it but I'm glad I bought Triangle Strategy. I liked Octopath well enough but didn't love it and got kind of tired of it after a while and I was afraid it would be too like that, but this is a great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

mdemone posted:

It's probably the most flawless game of all-time, even before the DLC launches

No Birdo is a flaw imo