Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Happy MAR10 Day!

Sinking suspicion that we're getting a Mario trailer today, given Nintendo's push to make MAR10 a thing.

e: cursed snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

xedo posted:

Sinking suspicion that we're getting a Mario trailer today, given Nintendo's push to make MAR10 a thing.

e: cursed snipe
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1501890635468611588

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Peach looks like Link.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If the peach's castle set is the $100 kit that's going to be a sweet build

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

fuckin hell lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is dlc only usable on the primary switch? I fired up BOTW on my secondary switch and it says that DLC is available but when I go to the eshop using the button in the game, it says it’s purchased?

Not sure what to do there

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Somewhere in the eshop should be a list of stuff you've bought/previously downloaded, I forget where, but the redownload button is there

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Maybe a kart racer thread with MK being the focus like the Smash thread that’s technically a platform fighter thread.

And be sure to talk about all the Mario Karts.

Done.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3996068&perpage=40&noseen=1

Come post in my Mario Kart thread!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Mister Facetious posted:

No, you always have to press the joycons more than once, otherwise a single accidental press would wake up the console all the time, and it doesn't do that.

Totally untrue, I just woke my switch and the TV directly turned over to it with one press of home on my pro controller.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Butterfly Valley posted:

Totally untrue, I just woke my switch and the TV directly turned over to it with one press of home on my pro controller.

One.... 3 second press.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

actually one half press for 3 seconds, followed by another half press of any duration will do the trick

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

American McGay posted:

One.... 3 second press.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I love it already, but I have a slight nitpick that I didn't want to post in your thread: Super Mario Kart has 20 courses, and is the only game in the series to have 5 courses per cup (x4 cups).

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I love it already, but I have a slight nitpick that I didn't want to post in your thread: Super Mario Kart has 20 courses, and is the only game in the series to have 5 courses per cup (x4 cups).

Oops you’re right! My bad.

Please post in my thread and validate my existence! :kiddo:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Posted and I look forward to discussing the upcoming poo poo load of MK8D DLC in that thread.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

The heart in Peach's hair is weird.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Palmtree Panic posted:

I didn’t even notice it until you pointed it out, I like it!

Definite day 1 purchase for me, I went all in on the other Lego Mario stuff and it’s surprisingly clever and involved if you choose to engage with the “play-pattern”.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Palmtree Panic posted:

It's a peach,

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

She's not supposed to have teeth

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Palmtree Panic posted:

She's technically Josuke.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I do this a dozen times before anything happens

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

FBS posted:

She's not supposed to have teeth

what a sinister thing to say

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I'm still going through the OP, but you mentioned that Double Dash is the first game to do mini turbos, which are boosts from drifting but actually, MK64 had this. Sorry to keep nitpicking, but I figured you'd want to know.

But I do like the OP, it's pretty informative!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm still going through the OP, but you mentioned that Double Dash is the first game to do mini turbos, which are boosts from drifting but actually, MK64 had this. Sorry to keep nitpicking, but I figured you'd want to know.

God damnit, my bad again!

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Fly Ricky posted:

I almost never buy those retro collections but that TMNT one is insane. That’s how to do it, just throw every goddamn game in.
It's a Digital Eclipse collection and they're always the best.

I've bought every DE collection for the Switch on physical (except for the limited availability Samurai Shodown one) because they're such well-crafted pieces of gaming history.

I guess I also need to pick up the updated Aladdin/Jungle Book one but I do feel a bit burned about that. I get why they released an updated collection though.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is dlc only usable on the primary switch?
You can use DLC on a secondary switch, but only by the purchased account. Though I'd remind everyone that you can change the primary designation easily in the eShop and do it as many times as you want.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Actually, Super Mario Kart had them first, though they're mostly invisible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have willed this into existence
:allears:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank you for your service.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rosalie_A posted:

Post about them in my thread!!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Rosalie_A posted:

Yeah. You'll notice every now and then when you rip a long turn just straight off and then the kart sorta sticks in one direction & you hear the engine rev up

One thing you aren't able to do on the Switch online version (that anyone's found, at least) is the new boost technique, which allows for very liberal use of the boost mechanic both in turns & in straights. Typically you'll pull open the SNES controller & file down the little nub on the back of the d-pad, which lets you then do a bunch of faux-neutral presses on the d-pad while straight (so very gently rocking L R L R, it never de-registers the presses or whatever) so you can rip off tons of boosts everywhere. I think a good little visual of it would be KVD's recent~ record on MC4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc5pYgvLXtk

When you see the kart wiggle a little on straights, he's building up a boost. Lets him skip over tons of areas & make incredible times.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have willed this into existence
:allears:

Are both games in one download, or can you download them separately? I'm interested in Planescape but not Icewind.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Read After Burning posted:

Are both games in one download, or can you download them separately? I'm interested in Planescape but not Icewind.

One download but it’s only 4gb

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't see that deal in America, weird.

Katamari is less than a decent lunch. You'd be a fool not to buy it!!!

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Has anyone bought Ring Fit Adventure and enjoyed it enough to stick with it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

frogbs posted:

Yeah it’s great

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

frogbs posted:

Yes. It's pretty fun and has some good rpg elements. You got special moves, smoothies to make and clothing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

frogbs posted:

It's good as hell but I dropped it because I have no discipline.
Though, now that I have meds, sticking with stuff is way easier. Time to squat!!!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

No. 6 posted:

I do this a dozen times before anything happens

:same:

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

frogbs posted:

I have done it for a solid year, working up a good sweat each time. Turns out gamifying exercise into rpg battles was perfect for my stupid brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

One download but it’s only 4gb

Hell yeah. :getin: I'm thinking of giving Planescape a shot once I finish Disco Elysium, since Planescape seems like a bit of a predecessor to DE.