Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Trump posted:

I think it was either Spanish, portugeese, italian or french (heh). And my guess is it was released in the late 00s. The main character uses the internet to find sexual partner in a couple of scenes.

The first act reminds me alot of "Young and Beautiful".

I remember two scenes:

Girl is at a museum. She gets interested in an older man, steals his glove and runs off, he runs after her and they end up having sex.

One of the last scenes where she is forced blindfolded to orally satisfy alt of men. This takes place in a basement/dungeon where she had been before freely

Ill get creep of the year hat for this post, but its really bugging me

Reddit suggested Chaotic Ana, but not it either. It's pretty mundane in it's expression, where Chaotic Ana was prety bizarre. I think I might have mixed up two movies and a dream while half asleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Not sure if this is the right thread but I figured i'd try.

When Spider Man 3 (2007) came out, I remember going to the theater and seeing a weird ad before. I can't remember if it was for a movie or a product. Essentially the ad was a dude who was trapped in some sort of lab, and when he woke up his head was shaped like a box (think like a human body with a weird minecraft-character head), and then he saw a bunch of other people waking up with the same weird shaped heads.

Can anyone remember what the hell this was? I was only 9 years old so its a weird faint memory.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Kvlt! posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread but I figured i'd try.

When Spider Man 3 (2007) came out, I remember going to the theater and seeing a weird ad before. I can't remember if it was for a movie or a product. Essentially the ad was a dude who was trapped in some sort of lab, and when he woke up his head was shaped like a box (think like a human body with a weird minecraft-character head), and then he saw a bunch of other people waking up with the same weird shaped heads.

Can anyone remember what the hell this was? I was only 9 years old so its a weird faint memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TceMh6cW9Eg

Origami Dali fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 5, 2022

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Hi, new nightmare.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

That's it! Thank you so much it was driving me nuts. I don't know why the hell they used that to advertise scions lmao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

That's it! Thank you so much it was driving me nuts. I don't know why the hell they used that to advertise scions lmao

the scion xb was famously square, op

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Okay I have almost no information on this one, but I've been trying to remember it for years and want to reference it to someone. It's a movie or show and someone is doing the slow prance, sneaking around.

At some point it's revealed that people can see them sneaking around, but they keep doing it to the confusion of those watching.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa in Parks & Recreation?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Metaline posted:

Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa in Parks & Recreation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyEBeHvNJvE

Heh, assume you mean this scene. Not it but good to watch again.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
The South Park where they pretend they're ninjas?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cat Hatter posted:

The South Park where they pretend they're ninjas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccozjEe9f4

Hahaha yes that may very well be it. I feel like I saw it somewhere else too but that definitely ticks the box.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Medullah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccozjEe9f4

Hahaha yes that may very well be it. I feel like I saw it somewhere else too but that definitely ticks the box.

Well poo poo, I threw that out as a joke because they have such a distinctive style it usually sticks in your brain what you were watching. Happy to be of service though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cat Hatter posted:

Well poo poo, I threw that out as a joke because they have such a distinctive style it usually sticks in your brain what you were watching. Happy to be of service though.

I still think I'm thinking of something else but this is close enough to what I wanted to use it for that I call it a win. I vaguely remember two people doing it, but I've killed a lot of brain cells.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Medullah posted:

Okay I have almost no information on this one, but I've been trying to remember it for years and want to reference it to someone. It's a movie or show and someone is doing the slow prance, sneaking around.

At some point it's revealed that people can see them sneaking around, but they keep doing it to the confusion of those watching.

Opening credits from Catch Me If You Can?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nv2S_S9MlU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Weird guess but this reminds me of the music video for Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Medullah posted:

I doubt this, because it's not the same creeping style, and doesn't exactly meet the "confusion of those watching", but maybe this scene from Pink Panther?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4vz4_EX0E

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nah not it but always a classic.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Medullah posted:

That's bound to be in a Scooby Doo cartoon as well.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I think it's from a movie. I remember a guy singing Rod Stewarts "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?", with a heavy Chinese accent.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

ChocNitty posted:

I think it's from a movie. I remember a guy singing Rod Stewarts "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?", with a heavy Chinese accent.

All I can think of is So I Married An Axe Murderer where his dad sings it with a heavy Scottish accent.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

ChocNitty posted:

I’m almost positive it’s from the tv show Big Train. The sketch is here, but the Rod Stewart bit is just before this clip starts (I think).

https://youtu.be/uNBOknvbPL8

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ChocNitty posted:

I'm sure that Jackie Chan did that in a movie once, but I can't tell you which one.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Torquemada posted:

I’m almost positive it’s from the tv show Big Train. The sketch is here, but the Rod Stewart bit is just before this clip starts (I think).

https://youtu.be/uNBOknvbPL8

Yeah it made me think of the evil hypnotist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxiOfepOxe8

Oh LOL I was confusing two requests. This was the sneaking one.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Dammit, now I think he was maybe singing Hot Legs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
GBS request:

Raspberry Bang posted:

I’m looking for the ending of this conservative Christmas movie. All I remember is a kid is on stage and there is a cut to a flashback, or maybe some footage of this guys last report, about some soldier in a cheap looking bunker talking about freedom and why he’s fighting. Then he gets blown up. The crowd cries and gives a slow clap.

I have vague recollections of this film being discussed, I think it might have actually been a live feed to the church service back home so they saw the soldier die in real time

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

GBS request:

I have vague recollections of this film being discussed, I think it might have actually been a live feed to the church service back home so they saw the soldier die in real time

Last Ounce of Courage

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Origami Dali posted:

Last Ounce of Courage

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
GDT has one for the thread
https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/1506336380342849539?t=jOOOEmiRO85TiTFPu2vI-g

E: Oh, weird. He deleted it. Must have worked it out himself.

E2: New tweet, more detail
https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/1506336910851026946?t=Hq6qHLXy328l8RVJFE1A7w

Shanty fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 22, 2022

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

What movie is this from

https://m.imgur.com/r0dKhvz

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Trinity Goes East.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
what dis
https://i.imgur.com/Kmm7ENZ.mp4

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

The Last Starfighter

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DEATH BLOSSOM

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

I had that movie on VHS (recorded off of HBO) and watched it so many times. Not sure why, because even as a kid I thought it was boring in places and dragged quite a bit. I think I just wanted to be the guy who played a video game SO WELL he got to go to space.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

regulargonzalez posted:

I think I just wanted to be the guy who played a video game SO WELL he got to go to space.

I saw this on original release in the 80’s when this seemed like a likely career path. Most of the generation-x ennui and grumpiness stems from being misled about stuff like this.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

SpaceCamp also contributed to my certainty that I was space-bound

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Have a movie caught in network TV, may or may not have been a made for TV movie, 1979 - 1984 or so.

Haunted house or evil AI running a house, probably in love with female resident though I was too young to get that. I remember a scene where someone is driving in to see her and the gates crush the car killing the driver with woman screaming/trying to help.

End of movie has house on fire with 'final'-ish shots of fire laping at CCTV monitors still trained on the woman.

As this is a 38-45 year old memory I probably have many details wrong.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Demon Seed 1977?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Hughlander posted:

Have a movie caught in network TV, may or may not have been a made for TV movie, 1979 - 1984 or so.

Haunted house or evil AI running a house, probably in love with female resident though I was too young to get that. I remember a scene where someone is driving in to see her and the gates crush the car killing the driver with woman screaming/trying to help.

End of movie has house on fire with 'final'-ish shots of fire laping at CCTV monitors still trained on the woman.

As this is a 38-45 year old memory I probably have many details wrong.

Demon Seed

^efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

regulargonzalez posted:

SpaceCamp also contributed to my certainty that I was space-bound

I’m from the UK, and we went to Florida on holiday when I was about 10, visiting the Kennedy Space Centre. I was so surprised to learn Space Camp was an actual real thing.