Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

quantumwell posted:

AITA for saying sandwich ingredients are hard to procure?

I need to know more about the unique ingredients and themes of this sandwich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVImfBMvXzE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

Oh man that's spot on, Labs will see you eat something and know that is eternally edible now. I have to be careful they don't see me eat oranges etc off the trees or they'll start going for it. They already eat the aforementioned grapes but they also eat peaches, plums, pears and anything else that falls to the ground in the backyard.

I want your backyard. You live in a fruit salad.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I want your backyard. You live in a fruit salad.

I hate grass and mowing lawns so when we moved here I planted a bunch of fruit trees and just prune them to keep them a certain size. We don't have a big backyard but if you're willing to sacrifice lawn space you can grow a decent amount of fruit from well looked after trees.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

I hate grass and mowing lawns so when we moved here I planted a bunch of fruit trees and just prune them to keep them a certain size. We don't have a big backyard but if you're willing to sacrifice lawn space you can grow a decent amount of fruit from well looked after trees.

What you got going on under the trees?

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013
This sandwich obsession goes deeper than I thought

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/sandwich-king

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for not wanting unsolicited advice while I’m working out?

quote:

Okay, a little background. I (33F) have been a professional athlete for 16 years and have trained in my sport since I was 5. I’m also an athletic coach for pre-professionals all over the world, and am certified in many athletic training methods. I’ve had 4 reconstructive knee surgeries and since then have had a very customized physical therapy regimen put together by my orthopedic team.

I do a lot of cross training and tend to use the gym not only for traditional workouts but also to execute my PT.

Recently I was at the gym doing my pt routine when a trainer starts flagging me down from across the room, when I looked over he starts gesturing to me to add an element to my exercise (by demoing it and pointing at the difference), his expression was as if to say I wasn’t challenging myself enough and I should try this ,more advance version, of the exercise. Mind you, I purposefully wasn’t doing that advance version due to my torn meniscus that gets aggravated when I rotate on a weight bearing leg.

I looked at him with a look of shock and dismay, and I was clearly offended that he would go out of his way to give me unsolicited advice, and said “no”. He responded with “ohh you don’t need my help! Sorry!” And I said “correct, I don’t need your help, and I definitely didn’t ask for it” I was fired up after that and felt insulted. I turned to my bf and said at full volume “I’m a professional athlete with injuries, how dare he tell me how I should conduct my workout, gently caress that” and I packed up and left.

Sure, he had no idea that I was working with injuries or am well versed in athletic training, but to me that is what set me off even more. As a coach, I wouldn’t THINK to offer advice to someone without first knowing what their physical circumstance is and what their fitness goals were and I couldn’t believe he thought he had the right to interject.

On top of that, I know for sure that he wouldn’t do that to another man. So it feels condescending on a whole other level.

Am I overreacting?

I’d love y’all’s thoughts. Especially from the l women in here, since I know the gym experience can be vastly different for women than it is for men.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Baronjutter posted:

What you got going on under the trees?

Unfortunately still grass but there's less of it and it doesn't grow as rapidly or thickly due to the shade so it's a small victory. My next planned step is to underplant/double plant with smaller shrubby things and grasses to ultimately create a garden/orchard rather than a lawn but it's all got to be done in the right order (at least according to the reading I've done)

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Soylent Pudding posted:

I understand where she's coming from, but as a coach and trainer herself she ought to realize that the trainers
in a gym have to schmooze people to hopefully get another paying customer.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for "stealing" my friends family recipe?

quote:

I (27f) have a friend, Sam (34f). She sometimes hosts "dinner parties" that are really just our friend group going over to her place to eat. Sam started doing this around Thanksgiving last year, and at the beginning, she was a tad unorganized. This led to her being frazzled and rushed and generally not fun to be around for like half the night.

Now, I like to cook, so after the first couple get togethers, I offered to help Sam in the kitchen to get things ready. She accepted, and things started to go smoother. She wouldn't let me do anything major because she still wanted it to be "her" party, so when I would come over a bit early, it was usually to help with things like processing ingredients, stirring, and cleaning. Smaller stuff that let Sam free up her hands. After she got a better handle on how to prepare for her parties, she didn't need my help anymore and told me I could stop. She's been doing everything alone since.

One time when I was helping, Sam decided to make her family's secret recipe. It's a chicken casserole. She said that she only made it once or twice a year, always around the holidays, because it was special.

I thought it was good and wanted to try making it myself. Because I was helping Sam out with the side dishes when she made it and because I have a really good memory, it was pretty easy for me to reconstruct the recipe. I made it for myself a few times, and after tweaking it a bit, I was satisfied that I'd gotten it right.

I had my sister (33f) and her family over for dinner a couple weeks ago and decided to make the chicken casserole. Everyone loved it, and my sister asked me about the recipe. I told her where I learned it and gave her the recipe.

Word somehow worked it's way back to Sam and she was pissed. She called me, yelling about how I'd "stolen" her family's secret recipe. I told her it's just chicken casserole and not worth screaming at me for, but she just called me a word that rhymes with bunt and then disinvited me from all future dinner parties.

Obviously, the rest of our friends found out and they're split. Some agree with me and say it's just a recipe for chicken casserole and not worth being upset about. It's not like Sam run's a restaurant or patented the recipe, and now after stealing it I'm using it to make money or directly compete with her for business. I just like it, so I make if for myself. It's nobodies business but my own.

The rest of our friends say I'm an rear end in a top hat because the recipe wasn't mine and that it was special to Sam. I shouldn't have "learned" it without permission and I should stop making it now. I told them that was stupid and that I wasn't doing that, and now they're mad at me too.

Am I really the rear end in a top hat here? It's just a stupid recipe

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mx. posted:

she just called me a word that rhymes with bunt and then disinvited me from all future dinner parties.

gently caress around, find out

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quantumwell posted:

I understand where she's coming from, but as a coach and trainer herself she ought to realize that the trainers

Telling her to do something that would hurt her FROM ACROSS THE ROOM isn't great schmoozing. Yeah, he didn't know it would hurt her, but he also didn't ask her for any information whatsoever and had no idea who he was dealing with.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My most deeply secret and treasured family recipe, chicken casserole

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 11, 2022

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

That's not so much unsolicited advice as a gym employee desperate to hook a sale for PT sessions.

Not a great sign in general but it's not nearly as bad as I thought. Complaining to the manager won't help because the same manager probably screamed at that guy to sign an extra 5 people per month or he's getting hours cut.

Captain Hygiene posted:

My most deeply secret and treasure family recipe, chicken casserole

Reminder that most passed down family "secret" recipes are actually from the back of a box printed in the 40s-70s.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The concept of secret family recipes needs to die. Share that poo poo, don't be weird about it. It's a chicken casserole not the IP rights to a major franchise.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

pentyne posted:

That's not so much unsolicited advice as a gym employee desperate to hook a sale for PT sessions.

Not a great sign in general but it's not nearly as bad as I thought. Complaining to the manager won't help because the same manager probably screamed at that guy to sign an extra 5 people per month or he's getting hours cut.

Reminder that most passed down family "secret" recipes are actually from the back of a box printed in the 40s-70s.

Like a car salesman who tries to cheat customers by selling them extended warranties and rust proofing and tire insurance and stuff because the margins in the industry are thin and his boss is pressuring him to make X amount of sales because his job is commissioned based, having an excuse doesn’t make the trainer in this instance not a mansplaining prick.

Mx. posted:

There really aren’t that many different ways to make a chicken casserole. Like the Nestlé toll House cookie recipe, if you compare 100 peoples “secret“ family recipes, most of them are going to be pretty similar. Nice that the trash took itself out, OP'sfriend sounds like a bitch

Baronjutter posted:

The concept of secret family recipes needs to die. Share that poo poo, don't be weird about it. It's a chicken casserole not the IP rights to a major franchise.

Also this. If there’s no financial stake like OP said and it’s not being sold for profit in a restaurant or something then literally who gives a poo poo?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

quantumwell posted:

"Schmooze" them by giving them unsolicited, uninformed advice that doesn't take into account any information about their current fitness or any medical issues they might have, from across the room? The replies that are telling her to report this idiot to the gym have it right, the next time might result in a lawsuit when someone rips a tendon or something.

e: fb

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 11, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

pentyne posted:

Lol, I forget if I mentioned it here before but I spent decades of my life thinking my grandma's pumpkin pie recipe was an old family creation, then one day I asked my mom about it because I couldn't find the recipe card and she was like "oh, just look it up on the Libby's website" :negative:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Captain Hygiene posted:

My most deeply secret and treasured family recipe, chicken casserole

The secret ingredient is my poor kitchen hygiene!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Elissimpark posted:

The secret ingredient is my poor kitchen hygiene!

Smh Looks like you are thinking of the toilet chicken emotionally and not with rationality :smuggo:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

Also this. If there’s no financial stake like OP said and it’s not being sold for profit in a restaurant or something then literally who gives a poo poo?

Stupid people feel like a precious personal thing is lost, debased or their own value in the knowledge is diminished.

Healthy people go "hell yeah I'd love to share my family recipe, maybe it can be your family's someday too!"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Barudak posted:

Stupid people feel like a precious personal thing is lost, debased or their own value in the knowledge is diminished.

Healthy people go "hell yeah I'd love to share my family recipe, maybe it can be your family's someday too!"

OP didn't ask, though.

And maybe using capitalism and how it treats creative works as your benchmark for traditional knowledge transmission is a bad idea. Just a thought.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I thought it was a sequel to the sandwich recipe guy and now I'm really disappointed.

I love that one so much.

Yes, I have a sandwich idea so groundbreaking, I need you to pay me money for the sheer privilege of making it. No, I won't tell you what it is. Money now, please.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I could see it if it was like some massive 12 hour, painstakingly developed artful meal, but it's loving chicken casserole. You can probably throw together a decent approximation just from looking at it, and yeah, as someone who likes to cook I can't imagine the mindset of getting mad at someone liking my food enough to want to make it themself.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for saying sandwich ingredients are hard to procure?

This reminds me of BFC and E/N superstar Blue Story, who would not stop blowing her budget on fast food and Star Wars toys with a baby on the way. She came up with One Weird Trick to cut down on the cost of her work lunches: buy fancy bread from one sandwich shop, take the bread to a different sandwich shop with a salad bar she liked and use the salad bar to build her perfect sandwich. She did not listen to any suggestions to learn to build the sandwich at home with ingredients from the grocery store. I wonder sometimes how her kid is doing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I love that one so much.

Yes, I have a sandwich idea so groundbreaking, I need you to pay me money for the sheer privilege of making it. No, I won't tell you what it is. Money now, please.

AITA for trying to sell my sandwich recipe to various deli's in my town?

quote:

Recently I came up with what I think is a very delicious and innovative sandwich recipe. The ingredients compliment each other beautifully even though the combination is unique.

I came up with a basic business idea to generate some extra money from this sandwich. The city I live in has a lot of deli's, old school kind of places and also newer "hipster" kind of places and everything in between. I have been approaching the managers at these deli's with the following proposal:

For a one-time fee of $50 I will sell them the recipe and also conduct a training session for their staff on how to properly make the sandwich and also to educate them on the themes present in the sandwich. Then, I will take a 20% cut of the the price for each sandwich sold. (So let's say just 1 deli took my deal, and they charged $10 for my sandwich, and they only sold 10 of them per day. I'd make $140 per week ($190 the first week with my fee) and basically $560 per month. From ONE place. But to be honest I have faith my sandwich would probably sell around 40-50 per day given the volume of customers and the quality of my sandwich, so you do the math. Plus I'd be having more than one deli sell it...ka-ching!)

I have approached 11 deli managers so far and every one so far has said no, and a few of them have even acted weird or even rude to me on the matter. Twice I got into a slight argument based on the interaction. They don't seem to understand the value of my sandwich, I think maybe many of them are too proud to take on a recipe from an outsider, but I feel I am being reasonable.

When I explained to my friends what I am doing and that I intend to keep approaching deli's on this matter, many of them claimed I was being an rear end in a top hat by doing this. They think it is rude basically to ask a deli to sell my recipe and that I shouldn't fight for my dreams. I think my terms are generous and I am really only helping these deli's if they would only open their minds, if they sold my sandwich their profits would grow measurably even after I take my cut. Is it really that rude to try to sell my recipe? My friends are threatening to not go to lunch with me anymore because I have promised them I will try to sell my recipe when we do so, but all I am doing is trying to hustle. This has caused interpersonal conflict because I defend my dreams with passion, which leads to my friends accusing me of overreacting. (And yes I am passionate when I try to sway deli managers too, I even cried once, but it is with their own interest in mind not just my own.)

AITA?

quote:

Maybe I am not explaining something correctly, but the clever part of my business plan is that with this method I do not have to expend any funds on things like location rental, employee wages, supplies, etc. Yes if I opened a shop I could charge more for the sandwich, but those expenses would eat into it.

With my business model I am basically selling my expertise and recipe (an intellectual property) and I do not have to make any expenses at all. My 20% might be a low fee, but it is pure profit with no deductions at all. In the end it adds up to a very nice income, particularly after I sign up a few deli's.

Now, keep in mind this is advantageous to the deli as well, this helps them. They keep 80% of the profit and they get increased customers as word of mouth spreads about their new sandwich. I am driving business to them they otherwise would not have. The income I drive to them would more than cover the extra ingredients they have to buy.

Also great, dinner theater ketchup guy

AITA for not participating in my friends "scheme" to convince a restaurant to buy his ketchup?

quote:

My friend, Zoltar (fake name), has been obsessed with ketchup ever since I met him. He is always trying out different recipes to make his own ketchup and getting me and all our friends to try them. Recently he made "his best ketchup yet". I tried it. It wasn't bad. It was ketchup. Now he has decided he is "finally going to break into the ketchup game."

He is convinced he is going to launch his own ketchup company and grow it to be one of the top providers of ketchup in the US. He literally has a photo of Heinz ketchup on a dartboard. He throws darts at it and mutters things like "I'm coming for YOU".

Anyways he has a scheme he wants me and others to participate in. Essentially it involves us all going to a restaurant, sitting at different tables, and enacting lines from a scene he wrote that will culminate in all of us trying and loving his ketchup and convincing the manager to buy it. He wants us all to memorize lines.

The gist of it is one guy is supposed to call over a waitress and say he likes the french fries, but hates the ketchup. I am supposed to lean over (from another table) and say "Sorry to butt in, hah hah, but I have to agree. I'm tired of this old fashioned, factory produced ketchup. Where's the real tomato flavor?" After a few other people do this, my friend is going to say "You guys won't believe this, but I'm a ketchup chef, and I have a few samples. Would you want to give it a shot?"

At this point everyone is supposed to try the ketchup and act astounded by it and basically all exclaim it is the best ketchup they ever had. I am supposed to stand up on my table and "make a trumpet sound effect" and then yell to the entire restaurant "We have the best ketchup ever made over here! Everyone come on over!"

One of the other people is supposed to get the manager of the place over and we are all supposed to try to convince him or her to buy an order of my friends ketchup. He is going to act "surprised and embarrassed" and try to tell us to "stop putting this poor guy on the spot" in regards to the manager. He then assumes he will make a "huge sale". Then he wants to do this same "operation" at other places in town.

I told him no way am I doing this. I hate public speaking/acting and having attention focused on me, also the idea is just so loving dumb and crazy to me. I told him that straight up. He acted offended and said I am "ruining his dreams."

I am astounded by this but some of my friends agree and think he is showing "hustle" and that we should all help him launch his ketchup business. Aside from his ketchup obsession Zoltar is one of my best friends but it seems our friendship is being ruined. A lot of people are telling me I am a jerk for going against his dream and not helping out.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

pentyne posted:

AITA for trying to sell my sandwich recipe to various deli's in my town?

Love it so much :allears:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Baronjutter posted:

Recipes as lists of ingredients and basic instructions are also not even copyrightable. If you want to copyright a recipe in your cookbook you basically only have copyright of the artful prose parts that talk about how it tastes or smells, or anecdotes and stories related to the recipe.

“Mix ingredients A, B Slowly mix in ingredient C and D, bake in a casserole dish at 450° for an hour” is not copyrightable.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
A few of my friends are into cooking, and swapping tips and ideas is pretty much the norm, as I expect it is with any sort of creative hobby. Calling someone a oval office because they "stole" your chicken casserole recipe is the whitest thing I ever heard.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

A few of my friends are into cooking, and swapping tips and ideas is pretty much the norm, as I expect it is with any sort of creative hobby. Calling someone a oval office because they "stole" your chicken casserole recipe is the whitest thing I ever heard.

No, in fact a lot of cultures take recipes very seriously. Thinking that this, like other traditional knowledge, is worthless and that there's no legitimate concern with you just picking it up from someone without permission and spreading it around is way more in line with the white American immersion in cultureless, traditionless consumer capitalism.

The main thing all of you are missing is consent. She didn't give OP consent to take her recipe. OP didn't ask.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I like that sandwich boy thinks skepticism of his idea is only because people don't understand it.

"No see what you guys are missing is that I want to make all the money without actually doing any of the hard work."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

quantumwell posted:

This sandwich obsession goes deeper than I thought

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/sandwich-king

I am repulsed by his "Funky Winkerbean" smirk

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
So, like, even if the sandwich was better than sex, the margins on restaurants are so thin, a massive 20% revenue cut makes it never worth it for the restaurant.

Then he's charging an absurdly low up front cost. It just seems so backwards. Even if he had the perfect product, there's no way he could make money doing this.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

I like that sandwich boy thinks skepticism of his idea is only because people don't understand it.

"No see what you guys are missing is that I want to make all the money without actually doing any of the hard work."

He’s the idea man don’t ya know?

Also laughing at his completely inability to realise his 20% cut is probably in the best case the entire delis margin, or more likely more than their typical margin so it literally is “you do all the hard work for nothing and pay me for the privilege”

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Recipes as lists of ingredients and basic instructions are also not even copyrightable. If you want to copyright a recipe in your cookbook you basically only have copyright of the artful prose parts that talk about how it tastes or smells, or anecdotes and stories related to the recipe.

“Mix ingredients A, B Slowly mix in ingredient C and D, bake in a casserole dish at 450° for an hour” is not copyrightable.

Is this why every recipe online has someone's life story for the first 10 pages?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The main thing all of you are missing is consent. She didn't give OP consent to take her recipe. OP didn't ask.

That's the issue in my mind that makes her an rear end in a top hat, that she didn't even ask if she could share it. Doesn't matter about the provenance of the recipe.

Also:

quote:

galpalactic

me: *googles how to mash potatoes*

some food blogger: My childhood home was full of wind and light. On a brisk Autumn evening, it often felt as if the outside was in. My younger sister, my mother, our favourite cousin, our dog, our other dog, our dog’s sister, and I would sit on the floor in the living room for hours, lit only by the moon and candlelight

me: *scrolls for several minutes*

some food blogger: It was at that moment, with my tiny hands clasped tightly around a mason jar filled with fireflies, that I realised the true value of family. My dog and my dog’s sister came and sat quietly at my feet. We stared up at the sky together, and I felt truly connected to both the Earth at my feet and the ancestors who shared the blood that ran through them, for the first time realising that

me: *scrolls for several minutes*

some food blogger: and when we finally made it home, our cheeks flushed with laughter and cold, there were warm mashed potatoes waiting for us. I will always remember their fluffiness, perfectly mirroring the light feeling I carried with me for the entire next week. This is my favourite cousin’s recipe from that very day, modified slightly to not be loving awful. Boil an potato and smush it up with fork and botter. NOT A RAW, Salt, pepepr. In it

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 11, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

erosion posted:

Is this why every recipe online has someone's life story for the first 10 pages?

How else are you supposed to let folks know your thoughts on the events of September 11, 2001

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

erosion posted:

Also SEO

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Rudager posted:

He’s the idea man don’t ya know?

Also laughing at his completely inability to realise his 20% cut is probably in the best case the entire delis margin, or more likely more than their typical margin so it literally is “you do all the hard work for nothing and pay me for the privilege”

Right? And he calls 20% a "low fee." Like he can't conceptualize that there are other costs that go into running a restaurant, and it's just him and the restaurant owner rolling in cash. Like, I bet he contemplated asking for 50% because he saw that as fair.

Also, nobody would ever take him up on this because the worst thing you can do as a business owner when confronted with a litigious "ideas guy" is listen to them. That just gives them ammo to sue you if you ever make anything remotely like their idea.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

coronatae posted:

This reminds me of BFC and E/N superstar Blue Story, who would not stop blowing her budget on fast food and Star Wars toys with a baby on the way. She came up with One Weird Trick to cut down on the cost of her work lunches: buy fancy bread from one sandwich shop, take the bread to a different sandwich shop with a salad bar she liked and use the salad bar to build her perfect sandwich. She did not listen to any suggestions to learn to build the sandwich at home with ingredients from the grocery store. I wonder sometimes how her kid is doing.

Oh hell yeah, the "froofy sandwiches" woman from I think one or more of the bad with money threads. She kept buying sandwiches with deli meat in them while pregnant despite every poster (and her doctor) telling her pregnant people are not supposed to eat them. Given that that's the standard of care and she and her husband had a four figure monthly budget for buying the latest Gluup Shitto action figure, probably not too well. She was also like, weirdly evasive about posting pics of her star wars hoard and kept putting ones from gis because she claimed she was worried about being doxxed somehow by showing people a bunch of boba fets on a shelf.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

This is correct. This is the reason why mommyblogs have a 10,000 word novel about how the author went to Tuscany on her gap year before giving you the recipe: that's the copyrightable part.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Yeah, that's normal behavior for regular people. Trading recipes with people is fun, a good way to bond and get exposed to new dishes, and when they tell you how they made it you can learn things you wouldn't have thought of on your own and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I don’t get the secret recipe thing at all. I’ve brought printed copies of recipes to get-togethers when I’m making something I know people there might really like.

My aunt had a secret pepperoni dip recipe she wouldn’t give out. Now she’s dead and I don’t get the pepperoni dip. Thank goodness the integrity of the recipe I’m sure she got off a box of cream cheese is intact though.

Edit:

Invisible Clergy posted:

This is correct. This is the reason why mommyblogs have a 10,000 word novel about how the author went to Tuscany on her gap year before giving you the recipe: that's the copyrightable part.

I think that’s more about SEO.