Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm not mad they're adding more raid content I won't see for months, but I am annoyed they don't just add in the rest of the classes already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Yeah, think it would have been more well received if it was endgame raid AND a new character

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

kliras posted:

the new update wiped a bunch of markets because of additional means of acquiring items, might wanna check what kind of stuff crashed in value within the last 24h so you don't hoard too much of it

Can you elaborate on this as to what the new means are or link to a summary? I haven't had a chance to hit the patch notes if its in there.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Wayback posted:

Can you elaborate on this as to what the new means are or link to a summary? I haven't had a chance to hit the patch notes if its in there.
Markets haven't crashed yet. Prices always spike down after reset and climb back up around the end of the weekend or on tuesday. It's a continuous cycle.

Altho I don't know what alternative means the poster is talking about. The race event tokens are a nice bonus but that's not that many materials for T2/T3. There are lots of T3 resource sources that aren't in our version yet that would crash some of the T3 mat markets.

T2 prices will keep going down although not by much. Shard bags will definitely tank because they aren't really needed for alts. Leapstones & guardian stones should equalize with mari's shop prices or go slightly below them pretty soon in T2. I don't think we will see them massively crash like they did in EU.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 10, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SkyeAuroline posted:

Same :( No mount in the new set either. Waited to make sure it wasn't a fad that was going to fall off in a week with folks I knew who were playing, then got started one day too late for it to be possible to reach it... and the people I know who play all burned themselves out besides me.

For those that are feeling burned out already, or feel like they are about to be, the best advice I have is to just do your chaos dungeon dailies each day. Keep up with the honing mats, and maybe the storyline when that unlocks at item level milestones. This way you don't stay too far behind when new content / balance changes come that might make the game more fun. Unless of course you decide that Lost Ark is just not for you at all and nothing is going to change that, and that is totally valid too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

funkmeister posted:

Yeah, think it would have been more well received if it was endgame raid AND a new character

Yeah, I think everyone was under the impression that they were adding a new character this week too because AGS did kinda make it seem like that was happening even if they didn't outright say it. Their communication needs some work.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

remigious posted:

I missed getting the mount for logging in by one day and I am absolutely crushed :(

the chocobo mount? you can get a yellow version in the post-50 continents, the one before yorn I think.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I just got first place in the grand prix event. Pretty easy given the amount of bs we have to dodge during the guardian and abyss dungeon.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I just wanna play scouter.

I've tried nearly every class to 20,and while that is not a good baseline for me it's odd that Striker has been my favorite so far (I usually avoid melee classes) and Artillerist is my current go to. Such an odd pairing, but I like not having to mash another button to do work. And the builder/spender system of the Strikers and Scrappers (although scrapper gets wonky in big fights) really clicks with me. Hoping Scouter will do that too.

Plus I'll make a Hammerman. Because builder/spenders in a heavy cc build sounds good and fun.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
SPEAR LADY WHEN

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

afkmacro posted:

the chocobo mount? you can get a yellow version in the post-50 continents, the one before yorn I think.

Good to know I didn’t miss out on it forever!

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Good Citizen posted:

SPEAR LADY WHEN

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

SPEAR LADY WHEN

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Yea, been saving my 2nd power pass for her and it looks like it is going to be a while :[

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I would like to have summoner back please.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I have a love/hate with my wardancer main. On the one hand, it's super awesome to be fairly mobile and back attack all day, but I almost never get to counter with the beautiful counter it has, as it's a frontal counter not a rear one. Meanwhile sorc is fun immediately and gunlancer feels kinda boring, while sharpshooter is interesting. What to try next for alts?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Indecisive posted:

dunno why people are making such a big deal about them adding argos in for the <1% who can fight it.. when theres already a ton of other content that only those people can access. you know its not going anywhere right? its permanent content that will be there when you get there. jesus there's so much poo poo in the game at launch that people will be slowly trickling into over months, who gives a poo poo if there's 1 more thing you can't do yet

It's not 1% in or barely sub 1% it's maybe at best .1%, at best.

The problem is that has never happened in another region where a raid has been released the f2p can't access. Compound on top of it the fact that Argos drops time gated drops that don't exist in other regions that restart your t3 honing to +6. Which means they will shoot up to 1400+ very quickly. This means if you aren't in there this week or next, you'll be behind by the time valtan is released next month.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

It's not 1% in or barely sub 1% it's maybe at best .1%, at best.

The problem is that has never happened in another region where a raid has been released the f2p can't access. Compound on top of it the fact that Argos drops time gated drops that don't exist in other regions that restart your t3 honing to +6. Which means they will shoot up to 1400+ very quickly. This means if you aren't in there this week or next, you'll be behind by the time valtan is released next month.
The 1370 hard modes of the existing abyssals dropped that gear already. Which also didn't happen in other regions.

It's overall not worth worrying about much, because once people get there there will be plenty of other people to do it with.

I do agree the pace is a bit concerning. There are lots of people who aren't 1370 who have played other versions to very high ilvl content and have played hundreds of hours since release.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 10, 2022

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Good Citizen posted:

SPEAR LADY WHEN

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
I got stunlocked in the MAR10cart race by the dragon that spits lightning. I was first to reach it, then watched every other racer blow past me (through the lightning puddles that I was stuck on) as I kept repeatedly being re-stunned before I could move even an inch.

I eventually got out but people were already finished the race by then (this spot happens maybe 1/3rd of the way through the track).

Overall, 10/10 for hilarity!

On an unrelated note, I just today discovered that you can go backwards in time in the Mari shop and actually purchase things from the 6hr sales that you missed. So many T2 shard bags!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I have a love/hate with my wardancer main. On the one hand, it's super awesome to be fairly mobile and back attack all day, but I almost never get to counter with the beautiful counter it has, as it's a frontal counter not a rear one. Meanwhile sorc is fun immediately and gunlancer feels kinda boring, while sharpshooter is interesting. What to try next for alts?

Yeah my Wardancer is 1345 and it's pretty fun in group/raid content but the damage output is still lower than the fotm classes despite what feels like a more difficult rotation/positioning checks/etc. Everyone from KR/RU keeps saying that WD becomes S-tier later in t3 so I'm sticking with it as my main but doing stuff on my Artillerist or Paladin definitely shows how pitiful WD AOE is in comparison.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Wow the event gives a lot of stuff! Like a ton of honing materials, engraving books, pirate coins and special sailing coins, and other stuff.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

Wow the event gives a lot of stuff! Like a ton of honing materials, engraving books, pirate coins and special sailing coins, and other stuff.
Yes, every week.

You also get 100 event coins per non-infinite chaos dungeon and rested dungeons give 200.

I didn't do any other daily/weekly content yet so I don't know if it gives rewards too.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Your 2 Guardian Raids a day also give event coins

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Khorne posted:

Yes, every week.

You also get 100 event coins per non-infinite chaos dungeon and rested dungeons give 200.

I didn't do any other daily/weekly content yet so I don't know if it gives rewards too.

If you mouse-over at the Arkesia Event Coin, it will outright say what activities give them: Chaos Dungeons, Guardian Raids and Arkesia Grand Prix

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I just happened to log in when the event is starting and I ended up doing a quick race. I started off last place getting pooped on and stunned by everyone. Until I got to a section of lightning storms where 90% of the people were stunned and I dashed past everything and barely made it into second place. That was fun. But my team still lost so that was unfortunate.

Khorne posted:

Yes, every week.

I heard your alts can run dungeons too and its all shared per roster if you want the stuff quicker. Only downside is the ilevel purchase requirement for better stuff. You need T2 for blue engraving books and T2 honing mats, and T3 for purple engraving books and T3 mats. Can't buy them now and save up when you get there.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Your 2 Guardian Raids a day also give event coins
Time to clear my banked extra souls on alts. I am going to max out the vendor in one day at this rate.

I'll still race everyday anyway because it's fun.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 10, 2022

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Velveteen posted:

I heard your alts can run dungeons too and its all shared per roster if you want the stuff quicker. Only downside is the ilevel purchase requirement for better stuff. You need T2 for blue engraving books and T2 honing mats, and T3 for purple engraving books and T3 mats. Can't buy them now and save up when you get there.

Aw man that's a bummer with the purple books. Would have been nice to be able to bank up a nice stash of them for once I needed them.

But yeah the daily race is once per roster but the chaos/guardians are per character so each of them can run those for more coins.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

So is it always 800 tokens for the daily event race? i think i got 100 each clear of chaos dungeon and was at 1k after the race ( I think my team won? the end kinda happened fast)

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Oh, so the race isn’t a limited time thing? Is there a reason you can’t just hold onto the currency until you’re T3 instead?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It is time limited. It will last only for a month or so, so you will have around 4 shop refreshes. If you get into T3 in that time, it might be worth it, but I wouldn't wait unless you are really close.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
You can buy out the shop each week if you do both guardian raids, chaos dungeon runs, and a race win or lose every day during the event. This is for all three tiers of materials too, so if you don't need a tier you can do less.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Everyone take a run on the track. The hat is +15 charisma.

With just my main and alt doing their dailies and the race, I was able to pick up the full set of leapstones (I'm still on t1), the hat, max pirate coins, max sailing coins, max una's instant tickets, and legendary card pack. Pretty generous on the tokens for sure. And I still have 80 tokens left with all that purchased.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I'm sitting on lots of blue crystals and also ~60k gold currently. I'd love to spend the gold on a skin pack or something that will continue to gain value over time but I'm hearing reports of people selling high value things on the marketplace and then using Amazon to reclaim the stuff citing fraud or something similar. That's a pretty lovely situation and I'm really hoping something changes soon because shelling out that much cash for an investment only to have it immediately removed from you due to a false fraud claim would really suck.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Given circumstances, Amazon completely loving up something and doin both about it is not a surprise.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Suprfli6 posted:

I'm sitting on lots of blue crystals and also ~60k gold currently. I'd love to spend the gold on a skin pack or something that will continue to gain value over time but I'm hearing reports of people selling high value things on the marketplace and then using Amazon to reclaim the stuff citing fraud or something similar. That's a pretty lovely situation and I'm really hoping something changes soon because shelling out that much cash for an investment only to have it immediately removed from you due to a false fraud claim would really suck.
You could try to flip lawmakers. It's a bit risky though. The set kinda sucks and there are a lot of them in circulation. They were 22k due to a coordinated pump by youtubers & streamers who snapped up a bunch at 400g-4k early on, but they're down to 14k now and might crash down to 8k. They're pretty much guaranteed to inflate with the market if the price craters, but a lot of the founder skin stuff seems risky because when they add more skins people will lose interest for the most part. Lawmaker is particularly risky because most of them don't look good at all. The plat skin has some cool ones but is 80k-90k (was 120k+ during the pump).

There seems to be a very limited number of cerberus mount boxes in circulation, but they're actively selling at ~185k each. There may be more in circulation than people think but some people with them don't have enough gold to list them (9.5k deposit to list @ 185k).

I've been debating selling my cerb box because 180k gold now is worth more than millions later to me personally. At the same time, I haven't sold any of my founder stuff or used the crystals from it beyond buying a boat skin when I unlocked the boat. I'd kind of like to stay "semi" f2p as a personal goal, but a 180k windfall sounds nice.

oh uh, the coordinated pump was a few people put out youtube videos & mentioned on stream that people were making millions buying skin boxes, opening them, and selling the components. It's actually true that this was and maybe still is profitable, but it's pretty risky and due to the videos prices pumped from people trying to make quick gold rather than from people who actually want to own the skins.

I don't have any great auction house/market money making ideas at the moment. I was dumping excess gold into great honor leapstones when they were 350g-400g, but that ship has sailed and they're up to ~750g. And while their cost relative to honor should be over 1k, that's likely not going to happen and their price will decrease over time if anything. I suppose if I had millions of gold I'd consider trying to control collectibles and certain crafted stuff, but I think a number of people are already doing that. The volume on some stuff is insane. I think longterm the money will be in trying to flip accessories/ability stones once legion raids drop. Short-term you're just gambling on a greater fool in the accessory market. And, pheons are super expensive at ~100g ea currently which makes really turning a profit difficult unless someone really underestimated what certain engraving combinations are worth.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 11, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't get the grand prix thing. I showed up at the spot on the dot and nothing appeared and now I have to wait two hours to figure out what I did wrong?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't get the grand prix thing. I showed up at the spot on the dot and nothing appeared and now I have to wait two hours to figure out what I did wrong?

A thing appears and you hit G on it until it whisks you away afaik. You also need the daily quest.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

QuantaStarFire posted:

A thing appears and you hit G on it until it whisks you away afaik. You also need the daily quest.

Well, it didn't, and judging by the people standing around me when and after the countdown went off, it didn't for them either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The currency from the grand prix can also be earned from chaos dungeon dailies.