Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Star Trek Discovery S04E11 asks deep questions like: what if Arrival, but boring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Though honestly when I think of Worf as chief of security, I think of the time when...uh was it some Cardassians? came on board and he proposed to Picard that they probably shouldn't let them freely wander around sensitive areas of the ship like it was some brand new security paradigm. Though I'm not sure that reflects poorly on Worf so much as Starfleet in general.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

There are 3 lights!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Though honestly when I think of Worf as chief of security, I think of the time when...uh was it some Cardassians? came on board and he proposed to Picard that they probably shouldn't let them freely wander around sensitive areas of the ship like it was some brand new security paradigm. Though I'm not sure that reflects poorly on Worf so much as Starfleet in general.

Starfleet has a long tradition of allowing people to wander around their ships unsupervised with unfettered access to all sorts of critical areas and computer terminals.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
"haha no we can't share our quantum torpedo tech with you but if you wanted to spend some time alone next to the torpedo bays, around 0200, you might find the experience rather illuminating"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not to mention giving them the ship's tech manuals as bedtime reading.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Remember the paranoid aliens that thought that the federation was going to spy on them.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Like if you’re an alien and you’re a dick the obvious thing to do is to go after a security system or something but the really clever ones probably should do more passive aggressive things like tweaking replicator recipes and putting, like, small amounts of cocaine or weed or something in the food

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Just go into the captain's quarters and rearrange all his furniture by moving them 3cm to the right.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Gatts posted:

tweaking replicator recipes and putting, like, small amounts of cocaine or weed or something in the food

Lol. This is Gene's future we're talking about, they wouldn't even notice unless it's enough to OD

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The real villains remove the cocaine

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

mycomancy posted:

Ed Mercer is more like Picard in TNG than Picard in the movies.

* Picard does a casual shuttlepod drive-by of Bev's quarters to see if she's with somebody else *

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

"Computer, two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls."

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Tiberius Christ posted:

"Computer, two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls."

"You have exceeded your monthly recreational substance quota, Commander Riker."

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Admiralty Flag posted:

"You have exceeded your monthly recreational substance quota, Commander Riker."

Computer, security override authorization Riker 4-2-0-6-9.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Riker to LaForge, reroute warp power to the replicator in my quarters THAT IS AN ORDER LIEUTENANT"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'll be on the batter bridge

Sir, don't you mean the battle bridge?

It's Saturday morning, ensign, it's the batter bridge until 1400 hours.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The turbolift doors open like the scene in the shining, but with cum

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

"Captain, some foreign substance has gotten into the Enterprise-E's bio-neural gel packs. I'll see what I can do down here in Engineering."

"Very good, Geordi. Keep me apprised of the situation. Bridge crew, ideas of what happened?"

* Riker whistles tunelessly and walks out of the conference room. *

- OR -

"Computer: execute Riker holodeck program 1, 'Operation: Buckfutter'."

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Admiralty Flag posted:

"Captain, some foreign substance has gotten into the Enterprise-E's bio-neural gel packs. I'll see what I can do down here in Engineering."

"Very good, Geordi. Keep me apprised of the situation. Bridge crew, ideas of what happened?"

* Riker whistles tunelessly and walks out of the conference room. *

Unrealistic. Geordie would absolutely be the one loving the enterprise computers

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Gutcruncher posted:

Unrealistic. Geordie would absolutely be the one loving the enterprise computers

True, but I was implying it was seepage beyond the holodeck's containment capabilities

Excuse me, I have to go take a shower after writing that sentence

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Man how was there never a Voyager episode where the gel packs got ripshit on some kind of space cocaine? So much wasted potential

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Danaru posted:

Man how was there never a Voyager episode where the gel packs got ripshit on some kind of space cocaine? So much wasted potential

They did catch a cold one time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think Neelix made a cheese or something so terrible it infected the ship.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I sometimes wonder if some of voyager's writers were doing too few drugs to be creative or too many drugs to care

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Tighclops posted:

I sometimes wonder if some of voyager's writers were doing too few drugs to be creative or too many drugs to care

Voyager was supposedly the height of Braga’s coke problem.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Danaru posted:

Captain, the ship appears to...want to start a business with me?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Kibayasu posted:

I think Neelix made a cheese or something so terrible it infected the ship.

Get the cheese to sickbay.

HD DAD posted:

Can totally believe that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

HD DAD posted:

Christ I wish it was mine

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

HD DAD posted:

How does one have a coke problem and make things more bland.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

mycomancy posted:

Captain, the ship appears to...want to start a business with me?

No discovery season 5 spoilers please

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

if geordi was down to gently caress computers he wouldn't have been so devastatingly lonely for all of tng.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Automatic Slim posted:

No discovery season 5 spoilers please

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Continuing with season five of ds9 and I think it is weird that Keiko appears unaware that she's like....one moment away from cucking herself. I hate the term but goddamn this O'Brien baby subplot is weird as hell, even if I get that it's cause Kira's actress was legit pregnant.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

keiko was definitely trying to bang kira and obrien is just terminally oblivious

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The end of that episode being Bashir asking two couples what they were doing before immediately regretting it was worth it, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it never occurred to her that there might be a problem with kira because keiko is fundamentally unable to imagine o'brien having sex.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Prurient Squid posted:

Remember the paranoid aliens that thought that the federation was going to spy on them.

Was that the alien world who were introduced to the federation because they caught the federation spying on them?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Automatic Slim posted:

The Blandness really came in as a studio thing. Piller, I think, was able to deal with Berman and the Studio better, since he was elevated to exec at about the same time Berman was, but Braga was promoted after years of serving under him and I suspect Berman never respected him the way he respected Piller. Combine that with the fact that Braga was unable to manage the writers room in a way to keep it a happy and enjoyable and conflict-free place to work the way Piller famously did, and the whole writing thing just turned into dispirited people turning in formulaic scripts. So you can see how being coked off your head would leave you unable to deal with these issues.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cocaine doesn't actually make you more creative or interesting in general.