Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

who should be the fifth guy of my stable of riddle, rvd, and the rascalz? i was thinking Green Kane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

who should be the fifth guy of my stable of riddle, rvd, and the rascalz? i was thinking Green Kane

the godfather

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sadly they have removed him. pimpin ain't easy.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Road Dogg used to have pot references on his shirt, but I’m not sure if he prefers the green.

Re: DLC characters - I generally found them better looking than the base game characters, at least for current roster members. Legends still looked like crap though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

STONE COLD 64 posted:

X Pac is a weed guy right?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stone cold's model is probably the best looking one ever for a wrestling game. im surprised they didnt use it in advertising, it's pretty impressive looking

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

STONE COLD 64 posted:

stone cold's model is probably the best looking one ever for a wrestling game. im surprised they didnt use it in advertising, it's pretty impressive looking

Not having hair is going to do that. All of the bald people look great. There is a reason why main characters for video games for the longest time had little to no hair at all

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

sadly they have removed him. pimpin ain't easy.

people have apparently found Godfather's model in the game files, no idea if its a myRise situation like Dijakovic and Nikki Cross though

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Nothing in WWE2K22 will ever compare to MDickie's open world mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHocYWWtylc

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

zetamind2000 posted:

Absolutely MDickie should be doing licensed WWE games. Rolling out of bed in the morning & the bed collapses. Perfect metaphor for life.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

zetamind2000 posted:

Holy poo poo there's a roaming mode now?!?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
No ability to visit Middle East, fight Jesus and get crucified? How disappointing...

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

the dream is for all mdickie games to be crammed into one big super-mdickie game where you can do anything. become a wrestler. become a pop star. do drugs. go to prison. meet jesus. whatever the hell else he's made

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

the dream is for all mdickie games to be crammed into one big super-mdickie game where you can do anything. become a wrestler. become a pop star. do drugs. go to prison. meet jesus. whatever the hell else he's made

Fight Zombies, wind up on a desert island, play soccer, engage in a Time War, star in the next Jackass movie...

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
There was another patch for 2k22 today or last night but as far as I can tell it hasn't fixed anything

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Angry_Ed posted:

Fight Zombies, wind up on a desert island, play soccer, engage in a Time War, star in the next Jackass movie...
I'd love a minigame with the bigbumpz engine inverted - inflict as much damage with unsafe moves and landings through objects as possible.

It's how I play the normal mode, but it doesn't give me extra points for it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Paracaidas posted:

I'd love a minigame with the bigbumpz engine inverted - inflict as much damage with unsafe moves and landings through objects as possible.

It's how I play the normal mode, but it doesn't give me extra points for it.

I almost want to say that might be part of the Deathmatch Wrestling game that Gackdaw is making but I might have just imagined that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

zetamind2000 posted:

Holy poo poo

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Prob a bad time to ask with a new game having just come out, but how do I get better at Def Jam Vendetta (PS2)?

cpu is mostly kickin my rear end... and when I win it either takes way too long, or I somehow manage to do it in like 90 seconds. there seems to be no middle ground and it feels kind of random. I basically know the fundamentals of the No Mercy controls, but there's gotta be some kinda big holes in my game that I'm not aware of.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
If youre doing cpu vs cpu universe in 2k22, make drat sure to change the difficulty to normal for tag matches, otherwise they last for a ridiculously long time with the AI barely ever attempting a pin and will most likely end in a double count out.

Legend difficulty in general is pretty fucky, a drat ember moon vs mandy rose match went on for an hour because they refused to use any finishers or signatures and NEVER attempt a pin

edit: FOR FUCKS SAKE the AI literally cannot do top rope standing finishers, at least not Ember Moon's, it just hops down from the turnbuckle and runs at the opponent gently caress YOUUUUUUUUU

Dont bother setting tag finishers, if they werent default, AI wont use 'em.

edit2: you cannot change the tag belts for a show unless you change it to a singles belt first

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 11, 2022

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok so do I have to do this drat backflip ddt? I’ve been fighting Eddie for 30 mins and he just shrugs out every time I drag him to the ropes

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

X JAKK posted:

If youre doing cpu vs cpu universe in 2k22, make drat sure to change the difficulty to normal for tag matches, otherwise they last for a ridiculously long time with the AI barely ever attempting a pin and will most likely end in a double count out.

Legend difficulty in general is pretty fucky, a drat ember moon vs mandy rose match went on for an hour because they refused to use any finishers or signatures and NEVER attempt a pin

edit: FOR FUCKS SAKE the AI literally cannot do top rope standing finishers, at least not Ember Moon's, it just hops down from the turnbuckle and runs at the opponent gently caress YOUUUUUUUUU

Dont bother setting tag finishers, if they werent default, AI wont use 'em.

edit2: you cannot change the tag belts for a show unless you change it to a singles belt first

https://realsport101.com/wwe2k/wwe-2k19-sliders-guide-for-a-realistic-experience/ I haven't seen a guide specifically for 2k22 yet, but in theory these settings might help

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

X JAKK posted:

If youre doing cpu vs cpu universe in 2k22,

What is the appeal of watching the computer have matches? I never understood this

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

https://realsport101.com/wwe2k/wwe-2k19-sliders-guide-for-a-realistic-experience/ I haven't seen a guide specifically for 2k22 yet, but in theory these settings might help

2k22 took out a bunch of the sliders, by the way

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Found easy mode nvm :banjo:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's really dumb that the graphics settings are under the "Extras" menu and not just, in Options

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Drakkel posted:

2k22 took out a bunch of the sliders, by the way

Yeah I don't remember looking super closely at the sliders when I went through the settings to switch on blood and swap to hold button instead of mashing for those prompts.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Astro7x posted:

What is the appeal of watching the computer have matches? I never understood this

s'good for bettins and drinkins

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Astro7x posted:

it beats having fun or bettering yourself

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Astro7x posted:

I wanna see what'll happen, although I sim matches in Fire Pro so...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Astro7x posted:

Because some of us like to run our rasslin' games like outlaw mud show promotions and watch as the parade of CAW mutant rasslers we made up proceed to commit botch after hilarious botch for our amusement

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna suplex my boss at my tag partner's funeral. That's wrestling nirvana.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I’m still not good at Fire Pro :/

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It’s fun to see what happens sometimes. Even on Fire Pro on PC where I can book a specific outcome I like seeing how the match plays out. It’s sorta like having a model train set but less costly.

The 2k games aren’t great for simulation because everyone has the same AI but even then there’s fun to be had.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Because some of us like to run our rasslin' games like outlaw mud show promotions and watch as the parade of CAW mutant rasslers we made up proceed to commit botch after hilarious botch for our amusement

It's this.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Lol nice UI bug I got

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I know bugs and we're all jaded and poo poo but uh

I am having a lot of fun with WWE 2K22 so far. Like, it's fun to... play...!?!???!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I wish the MDickie game everyone is always talking about was on xbox. :(

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I am having a lot of fun with WWE 2K22 so far. Like, it's fun to... play...!?!???!

Watching newlegacy stream it and go "this is actually okay" has been really, really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cartridgeblowers posted:

It looks decent honestly but I can’t justify purchasing it with that many DLCs until the complete edition is like 30 bucks.

Glad it’s not a total pile of poo poo though, by the time I play it there will probably be a lot of NJPW and AEW CAWs. Have fun with it my friend!