Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

They added, “The good news is that although there is the real concern of dementia fears, it largely has not impacted his ability to work in Hollywood – and in true super hero form – he won’t slow down because new technology like ear pieces allows actors of his caliber not to skip a beat.”

Ironically he constantly skips a beat while he's waiting for the next line to be fed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The United States posted:

it's the mandela effect

good point yeah

Wait, it's not called the mandala effect?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

Wait, it's not called the mandala effect?

It's about people who swear Nelson Mandela died in prison.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Nelson Mandala died in prison????

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uber driver Sucked me off????

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

no that's a myth. He's still alive

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

kalel posted:

no that's a myth. He's still alive

Is that so strange? All the people who have sucked me off are still alive.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
last night i had a dream jeri ryan killed Mike and it was very sad

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
So they're gonna make a biopic about Billy Joel, but they aren't allowed to use any of his music, his likeness, or even his name. Sounds like a hoot and a half.

https://consequence.net/2022/03/billy-joel-biopic-no-rights-greenlit/

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

why that sounds like Mike's life long dream

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

X JAKK posted:

So they're gonna make a biopic about Billy Joel, but they aren't allowed to use any of his music, his likeness, or even his name. Sounds like a hoot and a half.

Piano Guy.

Coming to a theater near you streaming soon.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

X JAKK posted:

something something 30 rock

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

AARD VARKMAN posted:

last night i had a dream jeri ryan killed Mike and it was very sad

Tiberius Christ posted:

why that sounds like Mike's life long dream
"wait... no... seven, not like this....
this is like how you killed Icheb in Picard, I would prefer to be killed in any number of different ways from when Star Trek was still good. Sure, dying like Spock in Wrath of Khan is probably off the table but I have some other ideas..."

(I googled who seven killed I'm not watching that poo poo even the RLMs about it aren't fun for me)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

X JAKK posted:

Closing montage of the movie set to Willy Jormp-Jomp's megahit "New Jersey Mindset"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

PostNouveau posted:

Closing montage of the movie set to Willy Jormp-Jomp's megahit "New Jersey Mindset"

Open the Billy Joel movie to a carefree opening shot of children playing in Central Park, to the tune of Jay-Z's "New York State of Mind"

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Stink Billyums posted:

there was a recent movie about a guy rewatching a vhs of wil wheaton pretending to be your friend over and over until he goes insane. the star trek promo stuff reminded me of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS3jG3KKXVs

Wow! They finally found a perfect role for Will Wheaton: creepy pathetic white guy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
and here he is, folks - Wide Island's own Jilly Boel!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Automatic Slim posted:

Piano Guy.

Coming to a theater near you streaming soon.

*watching a guy whose face you can't see playing piano in a bar*
"Wow, would you look at that piano m-" *lawyer whispers in the directors ear*
"Wow, would you look at that man playing the pia-" *lawyer whispers in the directors ear*
"Wow, would you look at that guy on the pi-" *lawyer whispers in the directors ear*
"Wow, would you look at that guy performing on the musical instrument!"

Can't wait for the unrated DVD revelease with the full scene where a guy is making love to his tonic and gin

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Haha to this day people just don’t believe me that the dedication never mentioned the Mujahideen. I have the goddamn tape and can prove it at any time motherfuckers!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

gently caress Billy Joel anyway. his music isn't awful but it's so overplayed and overhyped especially in ny. let his legacy die

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

lobsterminator posted:

Is that so strange? All the people who have sucked me off are still alive.
it's a little strange. almost all the people who've sucked off Kevin Spacey are dead

sorry im trying to delete it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

In the middle they'll have a montage set to his classic hit, "Moments Witnessed in a Sicilian Eatery"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mac and Cheese posted:

anyone else seen the mandela effect movie?

watch out, the mandela effect is gonna get you!

your graphics card is dying

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

X JAKK posted:

They did this a couple years ago with David Bowie (Stardust) and no one bothered to go see it.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Uhoh Picard S2E2 is also good, at least there's a great scene of Q and Picard getting bitchslapped

This better not fuckup its got a different feel than disco season 2 even starting out

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
thinking about this scene from Peacemaker and chuckling to myself

https://i.imgur.com/F0Xks4H.mp4 sound on

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Freddie Stroma stole every scene which in that cast is a hell of an accomplishment

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

One of the best moments in the season for me was Vigilante beating the everliving gently caress out of the skinheads in jail. He's the goofy comic relief, so having him actually be extremely good at what he does caught me off guard.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i watched death race 2k. this movie is so funny. it reminds me if paul verhoeven was like 75% less subtle (and he's not that subtle). some of the gags and gore are pretty good and for no reason everyone gets a fully nude massage (except stallone who has a towel over his rear end). there is also just a nazi competing for some reason? americas greatest sporting event where only 5 people are competing and you just let a full blown nazi participate lol. they also try to make david carradine sexually attractive like the girl is so horny for him for no reason. the plot also makes no sense and it is so cheap. anyways 3.5/5.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mozi posted:

and here he is, folks - Wide Island's own Jilly Boel!

Uptown dude

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sunk Dunk posted:

i watched death race 2k. this movie is so funny. it reminds me if paul verhoeven was like 75% less subtle (and he's not that subtle). some of the gags and gore are pretty good and for no reason everyone gets a fully nude massage (except stallone who has a towel over his rear end). there is also just a nazi competing for some reason? americas greatest sporting event where only 5 people are competing and you just let a full blown nazi participate lol. they also try to make david carradine sexually attractive like the girl is so horny for him for no reason. the plot also makes no sense and it is so cheap. anyways 3.5/5.

this movie is great, but the 2008 remake with Jason Statham was surprisingly decent

very different movie though, the statham one is more like a gritty violent mario kart

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Don't Let Me Drown (2009)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JFeGD5pmf0
Made years after 9-11, but they nailed the overall vibe of society at the time - angry, scared, but carrying on with their lives. All TV channels talking about it. Details are spot on, clothes, etc. And in the middle of this, two teens in New York, falling in love.

The kids, Lalo and Stef, are from minority hispanic/black families, so it adds some tragedy and drama dealing with cultural differences (such as the macho father trying to protect his daughter, by beating the gently caress out of everyone around him, being scared of immigration, police, etc), in the middle of american paranoia about the attacks.

Well made, well paced, and above all I thought it was honest - teens act like teens, innocent, but also a little edgy, trying to make adult choices but lacking the experience to handle things. Dramatic moments aren't exploited, they just happen, and the movie and characters move on, like in life.

I award this 4 out of 5 Comfys and a "Lifeguard of the Year" award because nobody drowned here, in fact there's very little beach, or swimming at all, so good job keeping everyone safe from the water

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

rydiafan posted:

One of the best moments in the season for me was Vigilante beating the everliving gently caress out of the skinheads in jail. He's the goofy comic relief, so having him actually be extremely good at what he does caught me off guard.
Yeah that was good. I definitely expected him to get his rear end kicked in that scene.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Aight I am watching Turning Red because there's nothing else to do and :canada:

Movie's fun and funny enough, solid 7/10, but I'm blown away with the accuracy of the scenery and architecture, including the geography of the parts of town the movie's taking part in, the CN tower is exactly where it's supposed to be for scenes in Chinatown/Kensington Market

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dog, the new Channing Tatum film and Spider-Man NWH are both out “online”

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dog, the new Channing Tatum film and Spider-Man NWH are both out “online”

Thanks for the tip, dog.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TheSwizzler posted:

Freddie Stroma stole every scene which in that cast is a hell of an accomplishment

it's really funny that he wasn't the original actor for vigilante, and they swapped him in when filming was almost done, and refilmed every scene with the old guy at that point.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCN7-6PcdYY

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"You wanna explain to me how we have a $2600 dollar electric bill?!"

"No, I do not!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010