Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

B-Rock452 posted:

If a trainer can't tell someone has been a professional athlete for years they are terrible at their job. Also you seem weirdly angry at this woman.

You don’t understand he’s a “long time gym rat” I’m sure he has valuable advice to offer a professional athlete that he refers to like a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How about some more FREE CHILDCARE DRAMA

AITA For kicking my sister out for trying to make me her babysitter?

quote:

I (F31) agreed to allow my sister Melanie (F21) and her 2 year old son Jacob to move in with me temporarily when her boyfriend kicked her out. I didn’t want to do this, but I allowed myself to be talked into it by our mother. I was very clear about my rules and expectations. I did not want her to pay any rent or utilities – I wanted her to save up for her own place instead. I was clear that this was temporary. I said she could have 4 months. I admit that from the moment she moved in I was counting down the days until she moved out. My sister and I don’t have the best relationship – we are very different people. I also have no desire to live with a small child. I love my nephew – but I want to love him in small doses. I was also very clear that I was not a babysitter for Jacob. I own my own business and, like the rest of my employees, I work from home. My office is the basement I was clear that neither she nor Jacob were to be allowed on that floor while I was working because I do not want any distractions.

Mel does work and she has a babysitter for Jacob, but the sitter is less than reliable. Mel’s best friend was her back up sitter – but she has since gotten a job and is no longer available. I told Mel at the time she needed to find another backup and that I wasn’t it. She said that she would. Well, she didn’t. Two weeks her sitter called and said she wasn’t available – and Mel told me that she needed me to watch Jacob. I said no as I was working. We argued. Mel ended up leaving Jacob with me and going to work – leaving me no choice but to watch him. I had to postpone several meetings because of this. I told her to never do it again but she argued she had no choice as she would be fired for calling in (they have an attendance policies and she has called in enough to be at that point). I told her she needed to find a solution but I wasn’t it. I also told her if she did it again that she would need to leave.

Last week it happened again. Despite me telling her that I had several important calls – she went to work leaving me with Jacob. This time I decided to not just put up with it. I drove to her company with Jacob. I asked the receptionist to ask Mel to come down and when she did I told Jacob to go to his mom and I left. Less than an hour later she is back at the house (in the basement while I am working) yelling at me that I had gotten her fired. I told her she had gotten herself fired – all I did was refuse to be her babysitter. We got in a huge argument and I told her to get out. She stormed out.

Now Mel, my mom and half the family is on my rear end for what I did to “my poor sister” and how I need to let her back in the house. I’ve told her she can come get the rest of her stuff (she came and got some of it the day after she left – yelling at me for what a horrible person I am the entire time). I don’t think I did anything wrong but enough people are yelling at me I am coming her to check . AITA?

That one escalated even more than I expected from the title :stare:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sounds like a self solving problem once OP grew a spine

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

B-Rock452 posted:

Hey they said they are a "long time gym rat.". That is definitely the equivalent of an actual pro athlete

The “miss professional athlete” comment in particular inspired me to go the extra mile by spending 30 seconds to look up his poo poo in YLLS and if he thinks wants to double down on this trust me buddy you really don’t lol.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

weird

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No teachable moment here, alas:

AITA for telling a coworker it’s weird she has a collage of her celebrity crush at work?

Updates:

quote:

Edit: one of my coworkers saw this post and pointed out the reason why Keira doesn’t have pictures of her family at work. Turns out she has a wife. We live in Texas. I feel like poo poo for dumping on her for not having so pics like the rest of us. But come on, Eddie Redmayne is still a weird looking dude.

Edit: Keira just found out. I AM hosed!
:sickos:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I still struggle to get my head around how so many people seem to have a "haha you touched it last so now it's your problem" attitude to children. Like all the stories of people who sneak a child into someone's house because then they'll have to babysit them.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

quantumwell posted:

Perhaps miss professional athlete doesn't look as professional as she thinks, having a hissy fit over a trainer offering advice is a bit over the top and I say this as a long
time gym rat who has been given unsolicited advice that I ignore without blowing up.

I can assure you that the times a man has been given unsolicited advice by a woman in a gym are many orders of magnitude smaller than a man has offered a woman his.

In other words, please let me mansplain mansplaining to you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel bad that the shitbag lady got fired, I think the sister should have called CPS rather than that... but I mean it was also a totally reasonable thing to do, so I don't feel that bad.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Western mores I think have more of a bias against the person who is perceived to have “blown up” the situation while “face” cultures tend to assume the blame lies with the person who “instigated” it regardless of who actually is really at fault in either situation. So it makes sense there is a unwritten social more that making a huge deal of it is just a bad as doing it here despite it being insane to abandon your child to an unwilling stranger.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Yeah it’s something that in my family I would’ve wanted to know about, but I can see why they didn’t tell him from what he’s doing now. I don’t know why inheritance brings out the worst in everyone.

If it's escalated to the point of dad's got to sell the house to get out of debt then it seems reasonable to involve all the siblings at that point and see if they can contribute. As it is,

quote:

She told me that she and her husband have been struggling to pay two mortgages for years while also raising four kids (not my kids, not my problem) and getting no income from the second house, but that was her CHOICE, and she got a house out of it.

He's not wrong. He's kind of an rear end in a top hat for the not-my-kids and the apparent utter unawareness of anything going on with dad's life before showing up at the funeral going welp where's my third of the loot drop then, but sis did score herself the entire house out of it without giving her brothers a chance to contribute. Maybe they could have given dad the full value of the house if they'd teamed up and agreed on percentage shares...

Though I find it hard to call her the rear end in a top hat for that, since it looks rather like both brothers buggered off and left her to do the daily dad maintenance stuff. I'd want to know a lot more about the family dynamics before pronouncing judgement on them all.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

axolotl farmer posted:

I can assure you that the times a man has been given unsolicited advice by a woman in a gym are many orders of magnitude smaller than a man has offered a woman his.

In other words, please let me mansplain mansplaining to you.

We had a guy at my old gym who was so bad with that, just this little twerp who would run over and lecture you about god knows what.

He eventually tried to tell a woman who was literally on the us Olympic weightlifting team (and worked at the gym) that she was going to hurt her back by deadlifting the way she was. The end result was everyone started mocking him so bad he left the gym.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I feel bad that the shitbag lady got fired, I think the sister should have called CPS rather than that... but I mean it was also a totally reasonable thing to do, so I don't feel that bad.

I would much rather be fired than have CPS get involved with my kids. I’m not anti-CPS; my wife is a social worker. But it’s a huge headache with massive risks if CPS comes knocking.

Runcible Cat posted:

If it's escalated to the point of dad's got to sell the house to get out of debt then it seems reasonable to involve all the siblings at that point and see if they can contribute. As it is,

He's not wrong. He's kind of an rear end in a top hat for the not-my-kids and the apparent utter unawareness of anything going on with dad's life before showing up at the funeral going welp where's my third of the loot drop then, but sis did score herself the entire house out of it without giving her brothers a chance to contribute. Maybe they could have given dad the full value of the house if they'd teamed up and agreed on percentage shares...

Though I find it hard to call her the rear end in a top hat for that, since it looks rather like both brothers buggered off and left her to do the daily dad maintenance stuff. I'd want to know a lot more about the family dynamics before pronouncing judgement on them all.

His sister got a house, but she paid most of the value (OP doesn’t mention how long ago she bought it so it could’ve been very close to the value at the time) and then did not collect any rent on the property, while also paying taxes etc. She may have come out ahead in the whole deal but for all she knew he was going to live to 90 and she would’ve taken a huge loss.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

His sister got a house, but she paid most of the value (OP doesn’t mention how long ago she bought it so it could’ve been very close to the value at the time) and then did not collect any rent on the property, while also paying taxes etc. She may have come out ahead in the whole deal but for all she knew he was going to live to 90 and she would’ve taken a huge loss.

Then why not involve the brothers to help with the finances and spread the load of supporting dad? It was a calculated risk with a prize of "we get the entire house" at the end.

Ed: also the longer dad lives the less money the brothers get, which may have added a delightful tang of spite to the whole thing if the brothers were as neglectful as I suspect...

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 11, 2022

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The sister bought the house for what was probably fair market rate at the time and was nice enough to let her dad live in the house. She owes nobody anything.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Runcible Cat posted:

Then why not involve the brothers to help with the finances and spread the load of supporting dad? It was a calculated risk with a prize of "we get the entire house" at the end.

We don't know that the brothers were even accessible or gave a crap until the siren call of "inheritance" pulled them back in.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AITA for thinking my boyfriend should have gotten me a better gift?

quote:

I (23 F) and my boyfriend (27 M) have been dating for almost 3 years. For context our first year together we didn’t get each other gifts since it was early on in our talking stage. And the year after he said he was tight on money and couldn’t get me anything which I was understanding of. For his birthday a couple months ago I got my bf a gift for his hobby, it was around $400ish. I’m aware this is a pricey gift but I enjoy giving gifts and recently I’m doing well financially so I was happy to get something I knew he would love. My birthday was last month and my bf on the other hand got me a T-shirt.. his already used T-shirt… the one I wear when I last minute sleep over at his house. He says he likes to “give practical gifts” and he knows I like the shirt since I always wear it at his place but now its “officially mine”. I didn’t want to be rude the day of so I just accepted it. He has a better job now but still makes less money than I do but he always said he wasn’t a good gift giver so I just let it go. It’s been bothering me because although I don’t expect gifts to be equal monetarily, it honestly feels like he didn’t even attempt to get something for me. I just found out that for Christmas he got his best girl friend a diamond necklace and honestly that made me feel like crap. I brought it up to him today and now he’s mad at me saying that I’m a gold digger, that I shouldn’t expect expensive gifts just because I give them to others, and that his reasons for giving me the T-shirt were more meaningful than just some worthless necklace that every woman probably has. AITA for feeling like I should’ve been given a better gift?

:laffo:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Absurd Alhazred posted:

We don't know that the brothers were even accessible or gave a crap until the siren call of "inheritance" pulled them back in.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, we don't know so we can't really judge. I like the idea that the brothers were checked out in every respect and sister scored herself the family home, but there's no way of telling from what's been posted whether the brothers would have helped out or co-bought the house if they'd been asked.

But as far as we can tell from that post they weren't given the chance.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, we don't know so we can't really judge. I like the idea that the brothers were checked out in every respect and sister scored herself the family home, but there's no way of telling from what's been posted whether the brothers would have helped out or co-bought the house if they'd been asked.

But as far as we can tell from that post they weren't given the chance.

I think my main issue with how you’re framing it is that she didn’t “score” the house. At absolute best, she scored the difference in value between the house at the time she bought it and the price she paid, minus what she could’ve collected in rent over the (?) years she let him live there, and any taxes or fees she paid as the homeowner.

There’s not nearly enough information provided to determine how much that score was, but it was well south of the value of the house.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

B-Rock452 posted:

We had a guy at my old gym who was so bad with that, just this little twerp who would run over and lecture you about god knows what.

He eventually tried to tell a woman who was literally on the us Olympic weightlifting team (and worked at the gym) that she was going to hurt her back by deadlifting the way she was. The end result was everyone started mocking him so bad he left the gym.

"smartest-guy-in-the-room" syndrome is so loving annoying

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

I think my main issue with how you’re framing it is that she didn’t “score” the house. At absolute best, she scored the difference in value between the house at the time she bought it and the price she paid, minus what she could’ve collected in rent over the (?) years she let him live there, and any taxes or fees she paid as the homeowner.

There’s not nearly enough information provided to determine how much that score was, but it was well south of the value of the house.

Yeah, the details could easily flip the narrative. Like maybe the daughter convinced the dad to sell under market value, and she's actually an rear end in a top hat predator in that regard, but from the op get more of a vibe that the op and his bro are assholes.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Western mores I think have more of a bias against the person who is perceived to have “blown up” the situation while “face” cultures tend to assume the blame lies with the person who “instigated” it regardless of who actually is really at fault in either situation. So it makes sense there is a unwritten social more that making a huge deal of it is just a bad as doing it here despite it being insane to abandon your child to an unwilling stranger.

there's a fantastic reddit post (not something I thought I'd ever write) kinda adjacent to this and very relevant to a lot of these AITA posts

quote:

Don't rock the boat.

I've been thinking about this phrase a lot lately, about how unfair it is. Because we aren't the ones rocking the boat. It's the crazy person jumping up and down and running side to side. Not the one sitting in the corner quietly not giving a gently caress.

At some point in their youth, someone gave the boat a little nudge. And look how everyone jumped to steady the boat! So they do it again, and again. Soon the family is in the habit of swaying to counteract the crazy. The boat rocker moves left, the steadiers move right, balance is restored (temporarily). Life goes on. People move on to boats of their own.

The boat-rocker can't survive in a boat by themselves. They've never had to face the consequences of their rocking. They'll tip over. So they find an enabler: someone so proud of their boat-steadying skills that they secretly (or not so secretly) live for the rocking.

The boat-rocker escalates. The boat-steadier can't manage alone, but can't let the boat tip. After all, they're the best boat-steadier ever, and that can't be true if the boat capsizes, so therefore the boat can't capsize. How can they fix the situation?

Ballast!

And the next generation of boat-steadiers is born.

A born boat-steadier doesn't know what solid ground feels like. They're so used to the constant swaying that anything else feels wrong and they'll fall over. There's a good chance the boat-rocker never taught them to swim either. They'll jump at the slightest twitch like their life depends on it, because it did .

When you're in their boat, you're expected to help steady it. When you decline, the other boat-steadiers get resentful. Look at you, just sitting there while they do all the work! They don't see that you aren't the one making the boat rock. They might not even see the life rafts available for them to get out. All they know is that the boat can't be allowed to tip, and you're not helping.

Now you and your partner get a boat of your own. With them not there, the balance of the boat changes. The remaining boat-steadiers have to work even harder.

While a rocking boat is most concerning to those inside, it does cause ripples. The nearby boats start to worry. They're getting splashed! Somebody do something!

So the flying monkeys are dispatched. Can't you and your partner see how much better it is for everyone (else) if you just get back on the boat and keep it steady? It would make their lives so much easier.

You know what would be easier? If they all just chucked the fucker overboard.

Changed to neutral gender because the original had a whiff of sexism about it (yay reddit)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Runcible Cat posted:

She didn't really "get an entire house out of it" considering she paid for it. By OP's own admission she paid at least 80% of the market value (probably more, since he's trying to paint her as the bad guy) and whatever discount she got was literally necessary for her to carry the mortgage on someone else's house. In all likelihood juggling two mortgage payments has probably eaten up every dollar she saved on the house and then some; it's entirely possible that she is net negative money out of the whole deal.

Now granted, this definitely is something that would typically be a family discussion to allow the financial burden to be spread around for the net benefit of all, but I have a crazy hunch that the brother who swooped in to vulture dad's estate before the body got cold, declares that his nieces and nephews aren't his problem, and wants to sue his sister over a very low 5 figures of inheritance that she sacrificed and suffered to get probably wouldn't have been enthusiastic about ponying up tens of thousands of dollars to help out dear old dad.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

AceClown posted:

there's a fantastic reddit post (not something I thought I'd ever write) kinda adjacent to this and very relevant to a lot of these AITA posts

Changed to neutral gender because the original had a whiff of sexism about it (yay reddit)

I guess yeah. The analogy there assumes the “instigator” and not the person who escalated is the one who is “wrong” which isn’t always the case because the reverse can

Like for example take an equally homophobic white midwestern vs immigrant Chinese family, if it turns out the kid is gay and a adult makes a scene about it from my understanding and limited experience the white homophobes might still consider the person making the scene the rear end in a top hat while the Asian family would likely see the adult making a scene as simply responding to the “instigator.”

Of course the same situation but it turns out the kid is a homophobe themselves rather than gay and someone is mad about it the Asian family would be more inclined in that situation to focus on the actual problem while I’d image the typical assimilated American family to still be biased against the person “making a big deal.”

Dunno if I’m talking out of my rear end here but the videos budding alt righters used to do where they go out and calmhitler while recording “CRAZY FEMJNISR SJW PURPLE HAIR TRIGGERED” probably wouldn’t work in the context of a face culture.

At least from my experience almost everyone in my insanely large extended family at least 3 generations in so pretty typical “western” context and it seems like if there’s any interpersonal conflict everyone seems to initially take the side of whoever seemed calmer.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 11, 2022

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Yeah, the details could easily flip the narrative. Like maybe the daughter convinced the dad to sell under market value, and she's actually an rear end in a top hat predator in that regard, but from the op get more of a vibe that the op and his bro are assholes.
Bro doesn't care, don't taint him with the OP's brush

quote:

I turned to my brother for support, but he just shrugged and said he couldn't find it within him to care about a house after we just buried Dad.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Super cool of the workplace bully to throw in an edit that outs this woman to anyone else that might recognize these details but not already know about Kiera's wife. He's clearly learned his lesson about minding his own business!

the holy poopacy posted:

She didn't really "get an entire house out of it" considering she paid for it. By OP's own admission she paid at least 80% of the market value (probably more, since he's trying to paint her as the bad guy) and whatever discount she got was literally necessary for her to carry the mortgage on someone else's house. In all likelihood juggling two mortgage payments has probably eaten up every dollar she saved on the house and then some; it's entirely possible that she is net negative money out of the whole deal.

Now granted, this definitely is something that would typically be a family discussion to allow the financial burden to be spread around for the net benefit of all, but I have a crazy hunch that the brother who swooped in to vulture dad's estate before the body got cold, declares that his nieces and nephews aren't his problem, and wants to sue his sister over a very low 5 figures of inheritance that she sacrificed and suffered to get probably wouldn't have been enthusiastic about ponying up tens of thousands of dollars to help out dear old dad.

I agree with all of this. I also think that it should have been mostly up to the father about whether he wanted to check in with OP about the sale. If the sons weren't as close to him, dad may not have wanted to share his struggles with them. He also could have been trying to avoid any drama about the subject... because the kind of person who'd call his sister a thief for buying a house at a fair-sounding rate may have a track record of getting hotheaded about family stuff. And if OP is this mad over not getting more money, his father might have assumed that OP couldn't (or wouldn't) have helped out in the first place.

I also don't think it would have been wrong if the father intentionally arranged things so that the kid who lived nearby and spent more time with him could get some extra value out of the house after his passing. The daughter was probably helping with more than just finances, especially since OP mentioned that some of their dad's money went to "treatments," which suggests an ongoing medical issue.

It's good for families to be wary of potential cases of elder abuse, but this sounds more like OP was happy for his sister to be their father's main caretaker while he just stood by waiting on a check for a third of the house's Zillow estimate at the time of the funeral.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

deety posted:

Super cool of the workplace bully to throw in an edit that outs this woman to anyone else that might recognize these details but not already know about Kiera's wife. He's clearly learned his lesson about minding his own business!

Mostly I'm hoping there's a lawsuit in his future, but yeah, on second thought, it's more :smith:.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Bro doesn't care, don't taint him with the OP's brush

I think OP is the rear end in a top hat but so much is unwritten.

I’m guessing they haven’t actually even started the formal process of dividing the estate and he’s already jumping the gun but it’s all vague enough to make him sound as reasonable as possible.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If she got fired for that she was on thin ice to begin with. You don't get fired for a single incident.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I think OP is the rear end in a top hat but so much is unwritten.

I’m guessing they haven’t actually even started the formal process of dividing the estate and he’s already jumping the gun but it’s all vague enough to make him sound as reasonable as possible.

Comedy chaos option: Dad never updated his will to reflect the house changing ownership. All the money and the house goes to the lawyers.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Bonster posted:

If she got fired for that she was on thin ice to begin with. You don't get fired for a single incident.

In the comments, OP says they get fired if they accumulate enough points, and points are handed out for call-ins, late arrivals, etc. It genuinely sounds like the sister was really struggling with childcare options and her job attendance suffered as a result. She couldn't afford daycare either. I feel pretty bad for the sister. I think the real rear end in a top hat in that story, as it is in so many stories, is capitalism.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sisal Two-Step posted:

In the comments, OP says they get fired if they accumulate enough points, and points are handed out for call-ins, late arrivals, etc. It genuinely sounds like the sister was really struggling with childcare options and her job attendance suffered as a result. She couldn't afford daycare either. I feel pretty bad for the sister. I think the real rear end in a top hat in that story, as it is in so many stories, is capitalism.

Yeah, I don't think OP was wrong at all, there just wasn't any overall great option for that situation.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for uninviting my cousin, brother, uncle and dad to my wedding over a prank?

quote:

I f22 grew up in a family where men prank and tease each others. eversince my fiance (Tim 23) and I got engaged, my cousin, brother, dad and uncle joked about running some 'tests' to see what "type" of man Tim is. They've done stuff like forcing him to play chess 4 times in a raw, secretly slashed his tires to see if he'd fix it himself like a man or get help like those "lazy" guys, They'd asked him questions like what joke he'd like to tell his future MIL, his opinions on abortion, jesus, gender equality etc. They also tested his fishing and hunting skills, overwhelmed him with hypothetical scenarios to test his decision making abilities/mental strength. They kept calling him slow and soft but he has medical condition (asthma) but they think he's making 'excuses'. I demanded they stop, but dad said this is just typical stuff men challenge each others with and said that I was ruining the fun.

Last week, They took Tim on a 3 day trip and hid his inhaler, he left them and returned in 7hrs and told me, I was seething after he said they admitted to hiding it as a "challenge", I exploded on them when they returned. Cousin asked if "little timmy ran to me to tattle". I yelled that all 4 of them are uninvited to my wedding. My brother freaked out saying it was a prank and they were going to give it back, Dad said they'll apologize if I insist but Tim will have lost the little respect they'd gained for him and in their eyes will always be "the soft college kid" who's not up for the challenge. I called him and the others awful then I left.

My cousin is begging that we talk, my uncle has been quiet, but dad is so mad and now he's getting mom involved to get me to reconsider this decision. But I keep refusing to re invite them. Mom is saying I'm exaggerating and should let bygones be bygones and not let this ruin my relationship with my family.

AITA? For making it my hill to die on or am I exaggerating?
Real men suffocate to death before admitting they need sissy girl help.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is this wedding prank season?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for uninviting my cousin, brother, uncle and dad to my wedding over a prank?

slashing someone's tires is a pretty funny prank

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

"You know what's a good idea? Waging a campaign of harassment against my daughter's fiancée after being explicitly told to stop to make sure he's a "real man". I can foresee no negative consequences from this that I can't myself throw a tantrum to get out of."

Jaysus gently caress some people.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Lmao "did little Timmy come and tattle to you?" *Goes and tattled to the mom*

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Sisal Two-Step posted:

This is so painful. I'm glad that tim has the OP so firmly on his side, because otherwise i imagine severing would be a good plan on his end

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Just send them an invite to the wrong venue, eight hours away. "It's just a prank!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Just send them an invite to the wrong venue, eight hours away. "It's just a prank!"

And when they open up the door? Acid vat.