Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Joint Training showed that somehow Horikoshi had never read a manga with multiple 1v1 fights happening simultaneously before because there's no way in hell anybody who had written one of those once would do 5 of them in a row

The end of term examines were multiple 2v1 fights happening simultaneously. Which I think the anime adapted to them being in a row instead. Or maybe it was the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

oh jay posted:

The end of term examines were multiple 2v1 fights happening simultaneously. Which I think the anime adapted to them being in a row instead. Or maybe it was the other way around.

Somehow Horikoshi has never read his own manga then

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

*insert debunked rumor that he forgot about the traitor subplot*

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

oh jay posted:

*insert debunked rumor that he forgot about the traitor subplot*

he probably should have, all things considered

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Joint training was truly the arc I think most people realized that the majority of the side characters were going nowhere, and Horikoshi really didnt know what to do with the school setting with regards to the plot.

Happy page 1337

It's doubly disappointing, because Horikoshi was actually doing a pretty solid job rotating focus between different side characters and giving them their own character arcs until.... I want to say Overhaul arc? It was there where Tsuyu, Uraraka and the Spiral Girl just disappeared for the entire arc and did basically nothing, when you would expect for them to be major characters getting as much of focus as Kirishima or Suneater did, based on how characters were handled in previous arcs.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

christmas boots posted:

Deku's last quirk lets him amplify another person's quirk, used in tandem with the boost from one for all, he supercharges Eri's quirk and rewinds the world itself back to when young shigraki's quirk was about to activate. Deku saves him and changes the timeline.

Back in the present, All Might and his successor, the New Symbol of Peace Tenko Shimura help class 1-A take down All for One.

Doesn't this happen in NBC's Heroes?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TheKingofSprings posted:

I admire how Toriyama has become completely immune to the shackles of popularity and obligation that grab onto so many mangaka who're known for one big thing, but I don't think this is how you go about copying that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hiddenriverninja posted:

Doesn't this happen in NBC's Heroes?

Heroes had a guy who could copy other people's powers and one who could steal them. It had a dude who could turbocharge other powers. And it had a guy who could freeze and teleport through time and space.

I don't think it did that specific one.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Deku gets to the battle only to find jeaniest and explosion murder king dynamight already turned shigaraki inside out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
What's the expectation of the new chapter, anyway? Toga wants to ask Deku the same questions she gave to Ochako while we get an explanation of Shiggy's new nonsense?

I have to say that I'm not terribly optimistic about anything interesting happening with this Toga and Deku interaction.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kanos posted:

I think Overhaul suddenly pulling a complete 180 on being an entirely self-absorbed murdering child-torturing monster dickhead because Deku tried to weakly lecture him is a terrible enough idea that it might fit into the way the manga has been going for a while. :haw:

If it wasn't for the ending being rushed I'd 100% believe this would happen at some point. Thankfully there's no time left for it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

christmas boots posted:

Heroes had a guy who could copy other people's powers and one who could steal them. It had a dude who could turbocharge other powers. And it had a guy who could freeze and teleport through time and space.

I don't think it did that specific one.

I'm thinking of something like Ando supercharging Hiro for time shenanigans, but I think it might have been either to travel way back in time, or to teleport a massive group of clowns

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Oxxidation posted:

he probably should have, all things considered
Nah, that much was fine

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

What's the expectation of the new chapter, anyway? Toga wants to ask Deku the same questions she gave to Ochako while we get an explanation of Shiggy's new nonsense?

I have to say that I'm not terribly optimistic about anything interesting happening with this Toga and Deku interaction.

My guess is whatever happens between Toga and Izuku here will solidify whatever he’s thinking of doing against Shigaraki, save or destroy the villain.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

I admire how Toriyama has become completely immune to the shackles of popularity and obligation that grab onto so many mangaka who're known for one big thing, but I don't think this is how you go about copying that.

I still admire Tatsuki Fujimoto responding to a popularity poll by giving the winning character PTSD before killing her off. Twice.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/1483/my-hero-academia-chapter-347?2022-03-11

lol

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
cut back to dabi.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Deku-kun... was the coolest!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Cool, actually.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Love to see Amajiki, my depressed son.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

not only did Shiggy rules lawyer Stars, now he's cheating Aizawas quirk too. I don't have a :nallears: big enough.

Can someone just bonk Toga on the head and get her out of here? She's not remotely relevant in fight of this caliber anyway

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Haven’t read the chapter yet but did Mirko die/get badly injured again or was it just a fakeout?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Haven’t read the chapter yet but did Mirko die/get badly injured again or was it just a fakeout?

just lost her cyber limbs, immediately got spares.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

not only did Shiggy rules lawyer Stars, now he's cheating Aizawas quirk too. I don't have a :nallears: big enough.

Can someone just bonk Toga on the head and get her out of here? She's not remotely relevant in fight of this caliber anyway

Deku should just accept and become her boyfriend, lol. If it stops her from being a threat until this is over why not?

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 11, 2022

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Electric Phantasm posted:

just lost her cyber limbs, immediately got spares.

Kind of funny that she's apparently more durable than her metal limbs. That's the true power of bunnies!

I also think it's funny that Toga is just so crazy and in love with Deku that Danger Sense just doesn't affect her.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Larryb posted:

She has a vending machine with spare limbs nearby.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Nephthys posted:

Deku should just accept and become her boyfriend, lol. If it stops her from being a threat until this is over why not?

Because being her boyfriend involves being stabbed to death, I think.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

She has a vending machine with spare limbs nearby.

A rude but accurate way to refer to Momo.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 11, 2022

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

SpacePig posted:

Because being her boyfriend offices being stabbed to death, I think.

A rude but accurate way to refer to Momo.

Momo doesn't have the mechanical knowledge to do that either. And if Mirko used them she wouldn't feel like she won even if she survives

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

347 spoilers: I wonder if this is setting up for an Ochaco confession.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

347 spoilers: I wonder if this is setting up for an Ochaco confession.

About loving time if so

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Because being her boyfriend offices being stabbed to death, I think.

Yeeeeah I guess. But this is Deku, some light stabbing is only a mild inconvenience for him. You can't really call him a friend if you haven't grievously injured him at some point.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Brandfarlig posted:

Momo doesn't have the mechanical knowledge to do that either. And if Mirko used them she wouldn't feel like she won even if she survives

Isn't her whole role in this particular matchup that she knows all the specs for the poo poo they'll need for everything? I'll actually be kind of disappointed if it ends up that Mirko just has a set supply of replacements rather than Momo finally being useful and realizing her potential for the support class rather than hero class.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SpacePig posted:

Isn't her whole role in this particular matchup that she knows all the specs for the poo poo they'll need for everything? I'll actually be kind of disappointed if it ends up that Mirko just has a set supply of replacements rather than Momo finally being useful and realizing her potential for the support class rather than hero class.

I think it's more Momo makes the materials and Hatume builds it.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Hori been playing Elden Ring with all the grafted fingers

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Finally, MHA is good again.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Going to be very disappointed if this setup doesn't soon result in a thousand Togas turning on each other when they all try to stab Deku at once.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sindai posted:

Going to be very disappointed if this setup doesn't soon result in a thousand Togas turning on each other when they all try to stab Deku at once.

"Et tu, Toga?"

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Sindai posted:

Gonna be very disappointed if this setup doesn't result in Deku and Toga dating

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's what's happening right now though???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Sindai posted:

Manifesting Twice's quirk would also potentially manifest the mental instability of not knowing who's the real you. Toga creates a thousand Togas, half turn into Deku, half turn into Uraraka, they all fight each other because they disagree on who she loves more.