Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Galloway successfully sued the Telegraph for claiming that Iraqi intelligence had paid him.

Sorry George don't sue me, love the hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Unrelated but seeing the hodge podge of various eras of military kit being fielded, from 1960s tanks, to armoured trains, and biplanes converted to UAVs is giving me real Genesis of the Daleks vibes. And this is before the nukes start flying.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
protecting myself from lawsuits by stating in a very home counties accent that I don't think that he's ever been anywhere near a baath

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

keep punching joe posted:

Unrelated but seeing the hodge podge of various eras of military kit being fielded, from 1960s tanks, to armoured trains, and biplanes converted to UAVs is giving me real Genesis of the Daleks vibes. And this is before the nukes start flying.

A deep cut, but depressingly accurate once I think about it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

As was frequently pointed out since pre-Brexit vote and subsequently, turning the UK into an isolated little island with few trading partners makes it exponentially more reliant on trade partners, which leads to a lot of kowtowing to autocrats. Plus the natural Tory admiration for autocratic regimes, and the opportunities for mutual profiteering.
I mean there was also the fact that one of their main ideas for a brexit sunlit uplands was the formation of freeports, which would basically allow the absolutely unrestricted flow of illegal cash through british ports.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

jiggerypokery posted:

Slow clap for Peter Oborne https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/russia-ukraine-war-jeremy-corbyn-right-putin-oligarchs He's been getting it for a while though, to be fair

Peter Oborne must be the only case of reverse-brainspiders I've come across this entire wretched century

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MSU study on narcissism concludes that while people tend to become less narcissistic as they get older, boomers had far more relative sensitivity, and millennials appear to be losing narcissistic traits much faster.

quote:

Chopik found that the fastest-changing age group was young adults. He also found that, contrary to popular belief, changes in the levels of narcissism are lifelong and changes don't stop at any certain age or stage in life.

"One of the most surprising findings was that -- also contrary to what many people think -- individuals who were born earlier in the century started off with higher levels of hyper-sensitivity, or the type of narcissism where people are full of themselves, as well as willfulness, which is the tendency to impose opinions on others," Chopik said. "There isn't much data on older generations, but now that Baby Boomers are aging into that phase of life, it's a huge part of the population that we need to be looking at."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Two separate of my friends have reported becoming Very Concerned at the sight of Putin's 'Z' in the dirt on white vans, is this a whole thing I've completely missed, or just pure warbrain?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Barry Foster posted:

Peter Oborne must be the only case of reverse-brainspiders I've come across this entire wretched century

The chance that is isn't the last is what I'm going in on.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

josh04 posted:

Two separate of my friends have reported becoming Very Concerned at the sight of Putin's 'Z' in the dirt on white vans, is this a whole thing I've completely missed, or just pure warbrain?

just write 'dragonball' above it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

jiggerypokery posted:

The chance that is isn't the last is what I'm going in on.

Fair enough

Do bear in mind what other people were saying though, because ultimately, never forget that

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

quote:

Door after door in Britain has been opened for Evgeny Lebedev, all the way to the House of Lords. Who has opened them, and why?

https://www.tortoisemedia.com/audio/lord-of-siberia/

You can get around the weird site and listen with this link https://www.tortoisemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/02/SIBERIAN-BARON-final-mix-FOR-TORTOISE-FEED-MIDROLL-3958.mp3

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 11, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kecske posted:

just write 'dragonball' above it
Z isn't even a Cyrillic letter. The amine should change its name to Dragonball З in protest.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

forkboy84 posted:

I've worked for Capita, it doesn't make me an apologist for that miserable company.

Stop calling everyone who disagrees with you a Russian asset lest you turn into a lib with as many holes in your brain as Carole Codswallop, a real life version of Charlie Day in that one conspiracy theory scene of It's Always Sunny.

Nigel Farage has plenty to hate him for without engaging in Russiagate drivel. Bad actors sometimes just take money from whoever because they are amoral pieces of poo poo rather than because they are taking part in a complex conspiracy to pervert otherwise perfect liberal democracy

I mean, if the person giving them the money actually is involved in trying to weaken liberal democracies because their geopolitical opponents happen to be liberal democracies, taking the cash actually is participating in a conspiracy to weaken liberal democracies isn’t it?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You can have a person who intended to weaken western democracies and then found financial support to achieve that, and you can have people who just wanted some quick cash and were willing to take it from people who's goal was the weakening of western democracies, and at this point the material difference between the two is the sum of gently caress all.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Beefeater1980 posted:

I mean, if the person giving them the money actually is involved in trying to weaken liberal democracies because their geopolitical opponents happen to be liberal democracies, taking the cash actually is participating in a conspiracy to weaken liberal democracies isn’t it?

I don't believe Nigel Farage wants to weaken liberal democracy though. Certainly less than I want to, as a libertarian communist. Nigel Farage wants to reduce the size of the state when it comes to taxes because he's a libertarian but would see an increase of it in regards to border enforcement because he's a nativist racist. But bring a nativist racist who supports cutting the welfare state into a fraction of its already reduced size is hardly incompatible with liberal democracy.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I've worked for Capita, it doesn't make me an apologist for that miserable company.

Stop calling everyone who disagrees with you a Russian asset lest you turn into a lib with as many holes in your brain as Carole Codswallop, a real life version of Charlie Day in that one conspiracy theory scene of It's Always Sunny.

Nigel Farage has plenty to hate him for without engaging in Russiagate drivel. Bad actors sometimes just take money from whoever because they are amoral pieces of poo poo rather than because they are taking part in a complex conspiracy to pervert otherwise perfect liberal democracy

Yeah, except she's actually right and demonstrably so.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You can have a person who intended to weaken western democracies and then found financial support to achieve that, and you can have people who just wanted some quick cash and were willing to take it from people who's goal was the weakening of western democracies, and at this point the material difference between the two is the sum of gently caress all.

Nigel Farage is provably one and potentially both.

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 11, 2022

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

forkboy84 posted:

I don't believe Nigel Farage wants to weaken liberal democracy though. Certainly less than I want to, as a libertarian communist. Nigel Farage wants to reduce the size of the state when it comes to taxes because he's a libertarian but would see an increase of it in regards to border enforcement because he's a nativist racist. But bring a nativist racist who supports cutting the welfare state into a fraction of its already reduced size is hardly incompatible with liberal democracy.
But, like... it's still participating.

I don't actually particularly want to do half the stuff I do at work, but I do it because they pay me. I can't really argue that I'm not participating in work stuff just because I don't actually care about most of it.

e: I also take issue with the "otherwise perfect liberal democracy" bit, because one of the many problems with liberal democracy is that it's incredibly vulnerable to fuckery by rich people(/state actors), so pointing out that that's happening is, like... yeah, it kinda sucks when you think about it?

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 11, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Like in the old joke about bacon and eggs, Lavrov is the pig and Farage is the chicken. This analogy works in other ways too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does anybody off the top of their head know how long you have to wait after general anasthetic before you can drive? The hospital has kindly decided to shove a probe up my dick for my birthday so I am planning how much time off work I will need.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Like in the old joke about bacon and eggs, Lavrov is the pig and Farage is the chicken. This analogy works in other ways too.

Except in this case, the both the pig and the chicken hosed Cameron

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

happy birthday, OwlFancier's dick

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Does anybody off the top of their head know how long you have to wait after general anasthetic before you can drive? The hospital has kindly decided to shove a probe up my dick for my birthday so I am planning how much time off work I will need.
Do they not give you the little leaflets with "here's what we will be doing and here's how long you have to wait before doing x, y, z as a guide" any more? They usually account for that and others.

iirc it's 48h minimum from the anesthetic alone plus any extra from the specifics.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It isn't today but thank you.

Guavanaut posted:

Do they not give you the little leaflets with "here's what we will be doing and here's how long you have to wait before doing x, y, z as a guide" any more? They usually account for that and others.

iirc it's 48h minimum from the anesthetic alone plus any extra from the specifics.

I assume I will get one at some point but at the moment they just told me to turn up and I only know what they're doing cos the doctor told me last time I was in. Oh and apparently I need to prove I have my jabs and a lat flow test but they do not specify what "proof" constitutes, it's a private hospital doing an NHS job so frankly I'm just glad they can find their arse with both hands.

Will book a few days off anyway, not like I take my holidays otherwise so I can enjoy a long weekend of horrible piss pain.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 11, 2022

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

It depends on exactly what anaesthetic they use and your reaction to it, but I definitely wouldn't plan to be driving that day.

(Also seems cruel to knock you out so you can't enjoy your special birthday treat, I bet if you went private they'd provide you with some amyls instead)

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
They give you a general for a probe up the dick? Seems excessive.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

They tried it without but it turns out it's going to be more of a "driling for oil" thing than a oceanographic expedition, if you follow.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 11, 2022

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

beats the last time i got probed :sigh:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

I mean, needing a general for a dick inspection because a local just won't do is at least an A-tier humblebrag

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

S-tier if you have a medical fetish

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

I mean, needing a general for a dick inspection because a local just won't do is at least an A-tier humblebrag

I mean I wouldn't want them injecting me in the dick either

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I again wish to express my absolute horror at the concept of people doing it recreationally, literally the most horrible sensation I have ever had in my life apart from the last time they did it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I again wish to express my absolute horror at the concept of people doing it recreationally, literally the most horrible sensation I have ever had in my life apart from the last time they did it.

Hey at least this time you can make it fun and ask the anaesthetist to put an alien mask on and pretend like you're from Oklahoma.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is that where they give you a jar of oxys and a medical bankruptcy form on the way out?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hey at least this time you can make it fun and ask the anaesthetist to put an alien mask on and pretend like you're from Oklahoma.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

OwlFancier posted:

Will book a few days off anyway, not like I take my holidays otherwise so I can enjoy a long weekend of horrible piss pain.

Take it as sick days if you can. My works allows pre-booking sick days if it's for necessary medical stuff

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

outofcontextdailymailquotes.txt

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Lifehack: get a local anaesthetic in your dick and it'll feel like you're wanking* someone else off!

*wanking may not succeed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can get cream for that, no need to do a nerve block on your dong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Unkempt posted:

*wanking may not succeed
I remember a lad at school enthusiastically tellinbg me that if you put a dab of cocaine on the end of your cock before you wank off you get high whilst you wank & it feels great, long story short I came in the next day & was like you did not actually try that did you