Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Every loving time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I hit the wall every time because the 5% of the time it actually is a hidden path is worth it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Harrow posted:

I hit the wall every time because the 5% of the time it actually is a hidden path is worth it

half my messages are for real hidden walls :colbert:

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

EmmyOk posted:

I’m just sipping that tea waiting for people to acknowledge it’s barely different to DS3 💅

Yeah, ER is pretty much a giant DaS3 DLC. There's a few neat addittion and a few lames ones, but it is like 98% the same thing except gigantic. The single best change to me is how the coop pools work & that change is great. It was always fun helping people in coop, but I didn't want to hang around in an area I cleared and I don't want to coop in any area I haven't cleared solo myself, so it owns that ER pool summoning can get you summoned across the map, and usually to a mage or archer plinking away at an Erdtree Avatar doing zero damage and unable to dodge a single one of its attacks lol

Currently being summoned to the crystal twins fight a lot, which feels pretty bad rear end since the summoners all seem to be mages and I'm using a giant rear end hammer, so I get to save their rear end and do pretty much all of the damage on both of them.

Average Bear posted:

It's crazy how everyone I invade in PVP is a spell caster. It's so easy to kill those noobs.

I really don't get why casters seem to be so popular in the Souls series. The ranged stuff is super boring in PvE imo and almost all ranged attacks sucks in PvP, or at least anything that's not meant to harass during melee rather than doing direct damage. I haven't started on ER PvP yet, so maybe that's different, since I've only seen invaders when helping coop hosts out and you have to be retarded to lose in 2v1 or 3v1. I don't have an opinion on PvP being exclusively opt-in yet, but I haven't seen an invader having a remote chance of a win yet since it has strictly been uneven numbers.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

dude cmon lol

that's how it worked in the last 3 games dude.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Harrow posted:

you can reveal illusory walls by rolling into them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

larry must be destroyed

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

larry must be destroyed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

larry must be destroyed

Larry Perish

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dead Meat Larry.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

powerstanced twinblades are absolutely incredible. the one good weapon from dark souls 2 is finally back

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fungah! posted:

lmfao at patches just noping out of the radahn fight, also th radahn phase change is one of the sickest things ive ever seen. hell the whole fight is, it's so fuckin cool

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/881920856501157948/951623126326865930/how_my_fight_with_radahn_is_going-ma2uozul46m81.mp4

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

larry must be destroyed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fungah! posted:

larry must be destroyed

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Are there any item descriptions or lore things that reference the marshmallow man trumpet guys? Really want to know their whole deal lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

goferchan posted:

Are there any item descriptions or lore things that reference the marshmallow man trumpet guys? Really want to know their whole deal lol

23 and me

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

You can get their trumpet as a drop but it doesn't really say anything, just that their instruments can't be played by a mere human "or perhaps it is too early to sound the call." which is kind of cool and ominous but that's basically the whole thing.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
It'd be nice if you could toggle individual summoning pools on/off after the first activation from the map menu. I like helping hosts clear whole levels sometimes, but sometimes I just wanna fight bosses and not help someone through the ant ruins just for them to instantly die to the Dragonkin Warrior

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Grandmother of Five posted:

It'd be nice if you could toggle individual summoning pools on/off after the first activation from the map menu. I like helping hosts clear whole levels sometimes, but sometimes I just wanna fight bosses and not help someone through the ant ruins just for them to instantly die to the Dragonkin Warrior

yeah or like give secondary rewards or something. like if you start at the first pool nd get through the whole level to the boss door you get one arc and if you beat it you get two

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive said it before but i absolutely love the "sign me up for anything" golden effigy. its pretty much always instant, and it's either a boss fight or Im helping a newbie explore a dungeon for the first time and pointing out loot, throwing out buffs, it owns. feels like the jump-in jump-out multi of mhworld

my only complaint is that the level range is so broad I get summoned for lv.10 dungeons and oneshot everything all the time lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

extremebuff posted:

ive said it before but i absolutely love the "sign me up for anything" golden effigy. its pretty much always instant, and it's either a boss fight or Im helping a newbie explore a dungeon for the first time and pointing out loot, throwing out buffs, it owns. feels like the jump-in jump-out multi of mhworld

my only complaint is that the level range is so broad I get summoned for lv.10 dungeons and oneshot everything all the time lol

how does this work? it just puts your summon sign in every dungeon?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

how does this work? it just puts your summon sign in every dungeon?

i think theres a distance and per dungeon sign limit but yeah pretty much. its a wicked good idea but there are some kinks they couldve worked out

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

they all get erased when you start ng+ so ive been deliberately skipping a lot of them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i think theres a distance and per dungeon sign limit but yeah pretty much. its a wicked good idea but there are some kinks they couldve worked out

i think you need to activate the statues to be able to pool your summon sign there. i think the other issue is because of the open world nature there are people clearing limgrave dungeons at lv.100 lol. at least when that happens I get the easiest rune arc ever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

let me guess: rykard

got my rear end badly beat by that and the big boy at the top of the mountain so im going back to atlus to clear up that area lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's funny using it in the early game on my second character and watching people struggle with tree sentinel even when I put on the shabiri talisman and tank the boss for them

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i never would have found margit the random overworld enemy in altus plateau if i wasnt doing a horseless run.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

i never would have found margit the random overworld enemy in altus plateau if i wasnt doing a horseless run.

the first evergaol in the area being uber godrick refight with no summons allowed loving owned and I felt godlike when I kicked his rear end

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

It is a tiny and super simple thing, but imo the way to permanently destroy skeletons (that aren't raised by necromancers) in ER is a better mechanic and more satisfying than doing holy/divine damage in past souls. It might be hugely annoying to do without lock-on depending on your weapon's moveset, but I've found it works well with what I've happened to use so far.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

It is a tiny and super simple thing, but imo the way to permanently destroy skeletons (that aren't raised by necromancers) in ER is a better mechanic and more satisfying than doing holy/divine damage in past souls. It might be hugely annoying to do without lock-on depending on your weapon's moveset, but I've found it works well with what I've happened to use so far.

it naturally pushes you to use large blunt weapons and it pwns

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i think a part of why my playthrough is so long this far is because i walk instead of sprint to take in all the environments, along with note taking, but going horseless is insane

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

lmao