Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Revenge Twofold is a pretty decent miniboss theme, aye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

For real though for me at least Revenge Twofold, Triumph, Indomitable, and Finality are all really close in terms of how good they are.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
So many boss songs but they all pale in comparison to On Blade's Edge.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So many boss songs but they all pale in comparison to On Blade's Edge.

On Blade's Edge goes hard, but props to Revenge Twofold for making fighting a boss called "Lava Scorpion" seem like the most bad rear end struggle in the universe

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

MechaX posted:

On Blade's Edge goes hard, but props to Revenge Twofold for making fighting a boss called "Lava Scorpion" seem like the most bad rear end struggle in the universe

That boss cracked me up the first time I fought him because he's such a little guy. Towards the end of the fight he charges up a move called REALM SHAKER where he hops in place and there's a little poof of dust

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
sohm al hard has really loving good dungeon music too

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Leraika posted:

It's a 1.0 theme IIRC. The Thanalan battle theme?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Ibblebibble posted:

It's a 1.0 theme IIRC. The Thanalan battle theme?

I have discovered, to my displeasure, that searching youtube for 'quicksand ffxiv' is less helpful than anticipated.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Leraika posted:

It gives me the same kind of vibe as the Lava Dome from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Finally got the TT card from The Vault. These drop rates are garbage

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Leraika posted:

I have discovered, to my displeasure, that searching youtube for 'quicksand ffxiv' is less helpful than anticipated.

I gotcha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shOXxktcgcU

SE actually recently put up a YT channel with shittons of music from their games, including the Final Fantasies, its got everything from FFXIV up to Shadowbringers (but not the 5.1-5.5 Album "Death Unto Dawn" or the Endwalker album). Only problem is all the track names are in Japanese.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I gotcha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shOXxktcgcU

SE actually recently put up a YT channel with shittons of music from their games, including the Final Fantasies, its got everything from FFXIV up to Shadowbringers (but not the 5.1-5.5 Album "Death Unto Dawn" or the Endwalker album). Only problem is all the track names are in Japanese.

thank you for saving me from erp memery

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
The Hand That Gives The Rose is my favorite by a thousand-malm shot.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Any controller BLM players willing to share what their cross hotbar looks like? Now that I got the job to 90 and am practicing the opener and high level content, I’m trying to see if there’s a better way to lay out my abilities

Griz
May 21, 2001

MechaX posted:

that boss really should have been called "Hot Karlabos"

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Lava Scorpion was a real pubslayer when that dungeon first launched. Now it can often be crushed before the second hiss.

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
I'm secretly hoping they play Nemesis for the last boss of the 6.1 dungeon instead of Finality

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This is the lore text associated with Stranger of Paradise's not-Sastasha... big thinking emoji

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is the lore text associated with Stranger of Paradise's not-Sastasha... big thinking emoji

I'm a bit puzzled why they selected Sastasha as FFXIV's representation in Stranger of Paradise, because it's not iconic in the same way Crystal Tower, Figaro Castle or the Mako Reactor are for their respective games. Should have gone with something like Binding Coils or the Vault or Amarout imo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Satasha is the first dungeon in the game and thus not really a spoiler and something people who just played a tiny bit of the game would be familiar with.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They needed something for the pirates in FF1, I guess it was either 14 or 5

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm a bit puzzled why they selected Sastasha as FFXIV's representation in Stranger of Paradise, because it's not iconic in the same way Crystal Tower, Figaro Castle or the Mako Reactor are for their respective games. Should have gone with something like Binding Coils or the Vault or Amarout imo.

Each area matches one in FF1. Satasha is one of like two areas in a FF game focused around pirates.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

IMO the whole 'getting Sastasha in the leveling roulette and hating it' thing is pretty iconic.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Khizan posted:

IMO the whole 'getting Sastasha in the leveling roulette and hating it' thing is pretty iconic.

I hate every dungeon where I don't have my spammable aoe as a Sage.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sastasha gives them a pirate cave filled with luminescent coral to play in. It's a decently unique visual theme as Final Fantasy caves go, even if it's not XIV's most iconic setpiece.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hey guys it looks like I got my DirectX 11 error 11000002 sorted out. I wrote a long rear end post dedicated to the error over in the 'EffortPost Your Favorites' thread. Shoutout to Theophany here who predicted the correct fix.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3955050&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post522057114

Highlight:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Hey guys it looks like I got my DirectX 11 error 11000002 sorted out. I wrote a long rear end post dedicated to the error over in the 'EffortPost Your Favorites' thread. Shoutout to Theophany here who predicted the correct fix.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3955050&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post522057114

Highlight:

As someone who is currently trying to help someone else fix a similar DX error code on a laptop, thank you for the effortpost, and gently caress you for the solution.

God drat do I hate integrated hardware.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the SOP dungeon is satasha but with the toto-rak spiderwebs

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Heran Bago posted:

Highlight:

Now I feel slightly bad for not having anything to help but also you're welcome on the compliment?

Warmachine posted:

God drat do I hate integrated hardware.

I just managed to convince my best friend to try out the trial but his laptop has integrated graphics so it was running at sub 20 FPS and heating up like crazy.

Maybe it was a good thing though, since he made a male Highlander cosplaying an Eurovision candidate and started shouting "WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF BOOBS" on Limsa.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Sounds like he fits in pretty well, get him on consoles to avoid his computer melting

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Now I feel slightly bad for not having anything to help but also you're welcome on the compliment?

I just managed to convince my best friend to try out the trial but his laptop has integrated graphics so it was running at sub 20 FPS and heating up like crazy.

Maybe it was a good thing though, since he made a male Highlander cosplaying an Eurovision candidate and started shouting "WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF BOOBS" on Limsa.

hazardousmouse posted:

Sounds like he fits in pretty well, get him on consoles to avoid his computer melting

Yeah honestly this seems par for the course. I'm still a sprout but I wouldn't really think twice. For example, this is what I logged into the other day.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Heran Bago posted:

Highlight:

I absolutely love that effort post and that you landed on similar work arounds/solutions that I did with the error. I experienced the 11000002 error for the first time back when I first upgraded from an NVIDIA 980 to an NVIDIA 1080 Ti (factory overclocked by Gigabyte) and got around it (for the most part) by underclocking the card by exactly 212 Mhz so it would match factory stock clock speeds. I would still get the occasional crash but they were extremely rare after applying the underclock. Upgrading to an NVIDIA 3080 stopped the crash from happening entirely and its been smooth sailing since.

There was also a brief period in time between the 1080 Ti and 3080 where I was rolling with a Titan V and it turns out that card actually made the problem worse. Then the watercooling loop I was using to cool it died in the middle of gameplay, the card cooked itself and it was back to the 1080 Ti. :shepface:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I was not ready for Endwalker, god drat. The 85 dungeon, and everything immediately after that, jesus christ.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

sirtommygunn posted:

I was not ready for Endwalker, god drat. The 85 dungeon, and everything immediately after that, jesus christ.

Welcome to Shadowbringers. It's the 2020 of FF14.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

Me before the 85 dungeon: gently caress yeah, let's kick some rear end and save the world
Me after the 85 dungeon: a carrot-based diet seems pretty good, actually

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

sirtommygunn posted:

I can't wait to play through this again after the 7.x graphics update and cry a bunch again

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Tonight the Heavensward LP trots the globe looking for miscellaneous content, including a couple more holidays!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jesus the Nier raid is a lot and I only did the first one! Felt like I needed a break after Hobbes.

Engage Marx Support

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Jesus the Nier raid is a lot and I only did the first one! Felt like I needed a break after Hobbes.

Engage Marx Support

Yeah, it feels like the Nier stuff might cleave a little too closely to the source. It's fun to do, but there's a LOT of story going on between raids and the fights themselves are a bit of a chore. Fun, and I prefer "too much to do" to too little as long as nothing raid-wipes like original Orbonne, but I feel knackered after a run.

Fun as heck though, and in terms of adapting Nier bosses to a raid setup they did a great job. I look forward to seeing how they build on that sort of design in the upcoming Endwalker raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Heran Bago posted:

Highlight:

Annoyingly right is the best kind of right 💩

For real though I'm glad you fixed it, those kinds of issues are horrible to try and get to the bottom of.