Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do we want
This poll is closed.
nothing 64 22.70%
no quid pro quo 63 22.34%
it all 44 15.60%
YTURMP 111 39.36%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Everybody but me in my family is a schoolteacher. Boy did I choose wisely. To America schoolteachers are still glorified babysitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

goth smoking cloves posted:

I still like harton even if his covid takes are lovely.

Is there something special about this week? Everyone seems to be tripping over themselves to have stupid meltdowns in the spam.

I've been good, I'm just thinking about pasta. I have pants on at this very moment with pasta shapes printed on them.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Is there something special about this week? Everyone seems to be tripping over themselves to have stupid meltdowns in the spam.

march meltdownness

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

petit choux posted:

Everybody but me in my family is a schoolteacher. Boy did I choose wisely. To America schoolteachers are still glorified babysitters.

There is a reckoning coming for america on every goddamned front
our health, our education, our economy, our rights, our global standing, and so on

it's terrifying and impossible to keep up with the ways everything is exploding and burning around us all the time

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

our health, our education, our economy, our rights, our global standing, and so on

it's terrifying and impossible to keep up with the ways everything is exploding and burning around us all the time

lmao yeah it owns

just loooooool

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Decades of Reaganomics coming to fruition

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
Grimes so so loving funny

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

petit choux posted:

This weird dude named Richard Mitchell was kind-of a crank, and published a newsletter by hand-setting type on an old offset press in his basement, back in the 1980s. He was a classics professor at a small college in New Jersey mostly graduating teachers. He was obsessed with how the education system kept getting worse and worse, year after year, generation after generation. It was not so much about teachers individually, but about how the overall system was degrading. His work is interesting to read, as he went from making fun of extremely stupid things published by school systems and school officials, to more philosophical books. Thankfully for him he died in the 90s and did not have to experience his brain exploding from the 21st century.

His book The Gift of Fire is pretty good if anybody's interested.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Koirhor posted:

D- not a brickable dog

:dafuq:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Decades of weakened democratic institutions with no pushback has to come to a head eventually.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

It's interesting how much of america being a shithole is due to the failure of reconstruction
Obviously a cursed country from the start but you know

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

tenderjerk posted:

Grimes so so loving funny

thousands of reporters desperately trying to get in touch with elong musk to get his definitely very normal take on this

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

is this real?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

you better be careful out there, Nonsense

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Yeah it's crazy how teachers and doctors/nurses are getting poo poo on.

Genuinely must be getting pretty scary being a teacher at this time

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/brianmfloyd/status/1502129200789999620?s=21

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Does Grimes still smell like a roll of nickels?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Man Musk posted:

14 of the hardest narcissists you’ll ever see, son

Oh, speaking of which, thanks for linking that article yesterday morning. Read most of it, still have it open. It's a good'n.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
just a little whoopsie at work haha, tgif!
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1502322770734202881?cxt=HHwWgoC--bWmqdkpAAAA

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

the 'spam not gonna like this..

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

for anyone who hasn't seen the border closing ceremony in the preview pic, it rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0ue-XGl9c

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshABlock/status/1502315205875089409

"U THINK FARTS AND BUTTS ARE FUNNY MISTER? HUH? DO YA?"

I played detachable penis for second graders and made the news

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Manning has a history of hanging out with nazis
I assume grimes is some kind of nazi because she made more elon musks so she is clearly evil

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

So Russia is or will be using chems is my takeaway.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/thispaul/status/1502050247039672323?s=21

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

just a couple nuclear powers having some laughs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

In an effort to bring peace to the thread, here’s a picture of my corgi in her toy basket. Namaste.

corgi posting good postin

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1502341317631692802

lmfao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CODChimera posted:

Yeah it's crazy how teachers and doctors/nurses are getting poo poo on.

Genuinely must be getting pretty scary being a teacher at this time

This more than anything (well... this and all the GOP states going full kill-mode on trans kids and mothers) makes me think we are in a death spiral

who the gently caress is going to go into teaching or nursing see what they get paid and how they get treated and how does a society function with whatever dregs we drag up to replace the ones that quit

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

petit choux posted:

Oh, speaking of which, thanks for linking that article yesterday morning. Read most of it, still have it open. It's a good'n.

same long af though it's pretty cool gives a better face to the other SA heh

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/04/mohammed-bin-salman-saudi-arabia-palace-interview/622822/ posted:

Many of the Saudis I met professed a deep love for America. “I spent seven years at Cal State Northridge,” one told me, before rattling off a list of cities he had visited. He was one of several hundred thousand Saudi students who’d attended U.S. universities on government scholarships in the 2000s. “I studied finance,” he said. “But I never graduated. I had a wonderful time.” He listed his American friends, who had names like Mike and Emilio. “I drank and did too much meth, and my grades weren’t good.”

“Is it possible to do just the right amount of meth?” I asked.

“When I came back, I stopped.” He looked out the window of the coffee shop at the parched cityscape. “This country is the best rehab center on the planet.”

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

LAPD has a larger budget than the North Korean military, lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
The book described butts in various colors, shapes, sizes and types (example: fire proof, bullet proof, bomb proof).The book described butts in various colors, shapes, sizes and types (example: fire proof, bullet proof, bomb proof).

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

GIVE THEM MORE MONEY!!!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Doesn't Russia know that we are the only ones allowed to invade countries because of non-existent chemical weapons?

Putin's been reading my posts apparently.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Vim Fuego posted:

The book described butts in various colors, shapes, sizes and types (example: fire proof, bullet proof, bomb proof).The book described butts in various colors, shapes, sizes and types (example: fire proof, bullet proof, bomb proof).

wouldn't the bomb proof butt also be bullet proof and fire proof, just get that

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
https://twitter.com/matthew_petti/status/1502231421376737280

putin gay, so what

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

wow m night shyamalan is doing documentaries now

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Vim Fuego posted:

The book described Trumps in various colors, shapes, sizes and types (example: fire Trump, bullet Trump, bomb Trump)

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Korean Boomhauer posted:

march meltdownness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

This more than anything (well... this and all the GOP states going full kill-mode on trans kids and mothers) makes me think we are in a death spiral

who the gently caress is going to go into teaching or nursing see what they get paid and how they get treated and how does a society function with whatever dregs we drag up to replace the ones that quit

yep, i saw the writing and got out