Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
You know, the acid vats probably a little over crowded if you need to put half your family in there, maybe this calls for the wood chipper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Real men die by getting squished in a hydraulic press

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

[Ominous Finnish chattering in the distance]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Foo Diddley posted:

slashing someone's tires is a pretty funny prank

Real missed opportunity to go on a reverse tire slashing spree and see how happily all these big manly men go about fixing it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dramatika posted:

You know, the acid vats probably a little over crowded if you need to put half your family in there, maybe this calls for the wood chipper?

wood chipper first, then all the viscera/bone fragments can just be dumped right in the acid vat, those things usually have adjustable discharge spouts that you can aim

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

They open the doors into the venue, but the building was just a facade. They stand in an open field littered with cranes. Their gaze follows the cranes up into the sky where pianos and bank vaults are suspended dozens of feet in the air, as far as the eye can see. The last thing that goes through their mind is ACME 1 TON, printed on the side of a large trapezoidal weight

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Just send them an invite to the wrong venue, eight hours away. "It's just a prank!"

Send them to a (I’m making a tiny logical leap from the subjects they interrogated OP’s fiancée about) gay wedding.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Real missed opportunity to go on a reverse tire slashing spree and see how happily all these big manly men go about fixing it

do it the day of the wedding, while they're all out at the false venue you sent them to. when they call a tow truck the guy shows up with an acid vat

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm not sure how a real man would fix slashed tires that doesn't involve help. You can't patch a slashed tired. What do you do, sew it back together?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I'm not sure how a real man would fix slashed tires that doesn't involve help. You can't patch a slashed tired. What do you do, sew it back together?

My assumption is they only did one and were watching to make sure he jacked up the car and set a spare himself, rather than calling roadside assistance.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Send them to a (I’m making a tiny logical leap from the subjects they interrogated OP’s fiancée about) gay wedding.

Why does a gay couple need to deal with these assholes on their special day?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why does a gay couple need to deal with these assholes on their special day?

Fair point. Perhaps instead have an officiant there who believes they’re there for a large poly wedding to each other.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Fair point. Perhaps instead have an officiant there who believes they’re there for a large poly wedding to each other.

I would gladly dive into an acid vat before attending a poly wedding.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Foo Diddley posted:

slashing someone's tires is a pretty funny prank

I want to know more about this. If this had happened to me the first thing I'd do would be to announce while looking at who I thought it was that did it, that I'm calling the police. There's hundreds of dollars in damages and I'm going to need a police report for my insurance report. I'm sure my insurance company would need to investigate it to sue whoever did it to recover the money...

You have to put a stop to that poo poo, and hard.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I know people have suggested the acid vat or a hydraulic press for Tim's bullying in-laws. But how about a good ol' fashioned dip into a volcano? Surely that is man enough for them.

AITA for telling my boss that my coworkers were not following our companies’ long standing tradition of fellowship/team-building while he was away on vacation?

quote:

I hope I can explain this clearly. I work for an amazing small engineering/contracting firm. It was founded by my current bosses dad who was pretty open about it being a Christian company. Since day one of the doors opening every day at 3:16 in the afternoon everyone who is in the office or out in the field together has to stop what they are doing and meet for a few minutes of group time telling each other what we are thankful for. It started off as a mandatory prayer session but my boss was sued in the 1990s so they changed it to fellowship and it is 100% not religious now. Now that zoom is a thing everyone has to get on their company phone and zoom into into the meeting it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour depending on what people have to say. My boss says it’s our most important tradition and it’s why we are so successful as a company because these fellowship sessions reassure everyone that we are more of a family than a job.

My boss recently bought a second home in Aspen Colorado and decided that he wanted to spend this entire winter skiing. I’m the office manager and he left me in charge of day to day dealings in the office while his son is in charge of all operations. One thing I noticed that is that after about a week or so people started finding excuses to not attend the fellowship meetings even though they are mandatory. I sent out a company wide e-mail reminding everyone and no one responded so I started approaching people individually and all of them made the same excuse that 3:16 in the afternoon is not a good time and they have meetings with customers or suppliers. I reminded all of them that it’s never been an excuse in the past—they all sort of “yes, and” me which made me feel like crap.

I brought it up to the son and he said to just ignore it and we have to trust people to do the right thing with their job. To me this was wrong because it’s always been mandatory. I emailed my boss and he was furious so he sent out a company wide e-mail saying that anyone documented as missing the fellowship meetings will be written up with a warning then fired when it happens again.

I thought that would be the end of it up but people are assuming I’m the one that emailed him and have been so cruel to me. Most of it is things like not being asked if I want to be on the office lunch order but an older woman who was worked for the company for almost 40 years literally came up to my desk and called me a “tattle tale.”

To me I was just doing what my boss asked for something that is obviously very important to him and the way he runs his company. But since I want to get along at work, AITA?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for telling my boss that my coworkers were not following our companies’ long standing tradition of fellowship/team-building while he was away on vacation?

Boy things are always tough when you work in a Narchitecture firm.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I think this video got removed from their Youtube channel.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DemoneeHo posted:

The meting is at exactly 3:16 pm ? No, not religious at all anymore.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DemoneeHo posted:

I know people have suggested the acid vat or a hydraulic press for Tim's bullying in-laws. But how about a good ol' fashioned dip into a volcano? Surely that is man enough for them.

this story is so loving American it hurts.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

DemoneeHo posted:

a lot of MLM places do culty bullshit like this. i don't think i ever heard of it happening at a legit company, though

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Foo Diddley posted:

a lot of MLM places do culty bullshit like this. i don't think i ever heard of it happening at a legit company, though

there's a barbecue chain (mission barbecue?) that has everyone stand up daily at noon and listen to the national anthem "to honor the troops"

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Foo Diddley posted:

My workplace has a pretty cringy thing that is not religious at all. We have a daily meeting and at the end we have to bring up someone, every day, from the manufacturing floor to say thanks to and thank them for whatever good thing it is they did.

Which I’m sure was meant as a good thing, but 1) every day is too much 2) everyone knows we have to do one a day so they know they’re only up there because we had to pick someone and it isn’t as sincere and 3) for some reason our plant manager (micromanaging rear end in a top hat) insists on filming them all and posting them to our Teams channel for…??? to watch.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
learning about some great places to work today

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DemoneeHo posted:

quote:

I emailed my boss

[...]

I thought that would be the end of it up but people are assuming I’m the one that emailed him and have been so cruel to me.

Huh!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Is yeeting someone into the sun entirely out of fashion?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i love the throwaway "my boss was sued about this exact thing in the 90s" line, lmfao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress"

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Dramatika posted:

The acid vat works pretty quickly, it'll get through the backlog easy enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTVd_WxblGI

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

fuckin furious this doesn't have age/gender

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Some amazing replies in that one.

quote:

No offense but I’ll listen to the guy who owns a 2 million dollar ski house as to what is detrimental to his business. He says we are successful because we have these meetings.

quote:

Yeah and amazon says they don't treat their workers like poo poo? whats your point

quote:

We get stuff delivered from Amazon nearly every day and our driver loves working for Amazon

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Gooch and brooch don't rhyme!!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How dare you share my secret soup recipe!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA- I refused to help my stepsister cover up her period

quote:

I'm not from the US, and I don't know proper english

I am 16f. Riley(16f) is the daughter of my dad's girlfriend. My dad has been dating his girlfriend for a year now. Riley and I started high school together 2 years ago. We wave at each other in the hallways but that's about it. We aren't close. The incident happened earlier today.

After first hour of school Riley pulled me aside and told me she had bled through her pants. I always carry an extra pair of pants with me because this has also happened to me. So I offered her the jeans I had, she said no. I asked her if she wanted to call her mom and ask her to bring a change of clothes, but she said no as it would make it too obvious about what happened. When I asked her what she wants from me then, she said she wants me to give her the dungaree which I was wearing and I should put on the jeans instead.

I said no as I was wearing a short top underneath and it was a low waist jeans, so if I raise my arms or sit down, I would be showing my abdomen and waist. Showing skin goes against the school dress code. Riley told me I wouldn't show skin if I was careful with my clothes, and she was right. But I didn't want to be feeling self conscious all day and it was still a risk even if I was careful so I said no again.

She begged me to do it since she felt uncomfortable asking her friends for a sweater or something to cover up and she didn't want to call her mom as she would be at a family gathering. I said no again and I left for class. I didn't see her again till I got home. Riley and her mom show up at my dad's place, and he wasn't home. Riley had told her mom what had happened and her mom started berating me. She said I should understand since I know sometimes periods can be a mess. I told her I offered her jeans which she could have worn since she wasn't wearing a short top, to which I was told I was still in the wrong here. At this I told them that Riley can't be picky when she _needs_ something. They called me an AH, told me they expect an apology and left.

I don't know if Riley's mom told my dad, he isn't home yet, but I don't think I was wrong here? But I also have experienced having bled through pants in public, and I know it can be embarrassing, so I don't know. AITA?

GIVE ME YOUR PANTS.

NO NOT THE GURGLESPURT ONES

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Walrus posted:

Gooch and brooch don't rhyme!!!

they both rhyme with "ouch"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

is it uncool to call overalls overalls so you have to call them dungarees now?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA- I refused to help my stepsister cover up her period

GIVE ME YOUR PANTS.

NO NOT THE GURGLESPURT ONES

Before I started reading I really didn't have a clue how the op wasn't the rear end in a top hat but lol. Give me your pants indeed

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

carry on then posted:

there's a barbecue chain (mission barbecue?) that has everyone stand up daily at noon and listen to the national anthem "to honor the troops"

The first time i went to mission bbq, all of the employees were young blonde women (except for the manager). So when the national anthem started to play, seeing all of these women stand perfectly still with no emotion in their faces was an incredibly unnerving experience. It's what i imagine the Fox News offices to be like.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
[quote="Sisal Two-Step" post="522055234"]
AITA for uninviting my cousin, brother, uncle and dad to my wedding over a prank?
Her lovely-assed redneck family needs to be given the wrong date for the wedding, and then she should go no-contact. gently caress all of them.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

teen witch posted:

[Ominous Finnish chattering in the distance]

"Real men are very dangerous, and we must deal with them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

carry on then posted:

I go there occasionally, but not at noon