Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1502399203007471616?s=20&t=J8KxUsZqanxEj_cDOdlYMw

JESUS CHRIST SCHEFTER

E: Screenshot in case he deletes it but Schefter never does

Go gently caress yourself, schefter, you piece of utter poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1502404020551528454?t=r97zJ48nLiYEVFMhrMgX3Q&s=19

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

a neat cape posted:

EVERYONE SHUT UP

SOMEONE SPECIAL ARRIVED TODAY

I mostly lurk but I wanted to say I'm glad you got your White Hot Herbie

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I had no opinion of Schefter until today.

And boy howdy do I have a strong opinion of him now!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Panthers about to trade everything for Watson.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress Adam Schefter, gently caress Watson and gently caress the Panthers if this is true.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Bill is a 49ers fan

Edit: oh you were being mean

?? No i wasn’t i really thought he was a Chiefs fan. I guess I only remembered it was a red themed team located outside of Vegas where he lives

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Schefter fuckin sucks so much

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Maybe you should've run that one by Mr. Editor before tweeting that, Schefter.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Autoblocked by the coward Adam Schefter

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1502399203007471616?s=20&t=J8KxUsZqanxEj_cDOdlYMw

JESUS CHRIST SCHEFTER

E: Screenshot in case he deletes it but Schefter never does

That's uh....

That's a pretty poo poo take. :stare:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You guys are all so uptight. A jury said they don't have enough evidence to go to trial therefore he totally never did anything just like we all already knew!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao

Shaming folks who even accuse is some serious villain level poo poo schefter

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Schefter must run his tweets by Rusty Hardin now that Bruce Allen is out of the league.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1502408750954647556?t=OJtyi7nlHj8FHSOxEP2Qow&s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Miami were still in the race, CK would be absolutely defending Watson

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1502410734814302223?t=533nWfowQOPGczcrPIF97w&s=19

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
So are they just going to ignore the numerous ongoing civil suits? Because I'm pretty sure that is what caused teams to pause trade talk the first time around.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Lifespan posted:

So are they just going to ignore the numerous ongoing civil suits? Because I'm pretty sure that is what caused teams to pause trade talk the first time around.

Yes they're absolutely going to ignore them. He can still play if he has to pay victims.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Lifespan posted:

yeah no it was the criminal charges otherwise he'd already have played somewhere else last season

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lifespan posted:

Now that they're down to the civil suits it's just going to be treated as greedy women after a good man like any other woman who brings an accusation against someone with fame of doing something that doesn't result in jail time.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1502401473413533697

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

NO

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Everything else (and there's obviously a lot of everything else) aside how in the world could the Saints afford him?

I mean...they're the Saints, they do that on the regular...still that part would be fascinating.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

they're all so piss scared of losing access

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Or they are just terrible people.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spoeank posted:

Looking forward to RTing this when he tears his ACL.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Lifespan posted:

Hey now, those women CHOSE to take him on as a client and to give him a massage, therefore it was all consensual!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So how long til you think he gives a bullshit non apology pr answer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Everything else (and there's obviously a lot of everything else) aside how in the world could the Saints afford him?

I mean...they're the Saints, they do that on the regular...still that part would be fascinating.

They’re almost under the cap now. They’d find a way if they really wanted him. Probably by cutting some of the higher priced vets. Restructure that first year of the contract and add void years.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 12, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Pretending for one second that none of this had happened and we were in the situation where Deshaun Watson had demanded a trade and that was all:

You do whatever you can for a QB like that up to and including cutting nearly everyone you have to. I might be hesitant about losing a proven blindside tackle but beyond that? I can fix it later. You move heaven and earth for a franchise QB if you've got a roster that can otherwise compete. If it weren't for the fact that they were in our division (and the awful stuff, of course) I would argue the Colts would be the kind of team that should be trying as hard as possible to land him.

Cap? Doesn't matter. Future draft picks? Who cares, Deshaun Watson's out there doing poo poo like he did against Buffalo in the playoffs.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

One of the Bears sites (who actually has access) was saying this was all setup by the Texans organization or something. No clue why they would purposely tank their best asset's value, but these morons find a way to defend it.

Congrats to Schefter for the tweet. Not he'll be able to get inside information about a big signing 3 minutes before someone else does.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Well good thing everyone can trade for Watson now with a clear conscience :rolleyes:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Nodoze posted:

Well good thing everyone can trade for Watson now with a clear conscience :rolleyes:

I know it's twitter but holy poo poo quite a bit of tweets are fans jsut basically going YAH get him (insert your team here) and i'm like wooow.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Niwrad posted:

One of the Bears sites (who actually has access) was saying this was all setup by the Texans organization or something. No clue why they would purposely tank their best asset's value, but these morons find a way to defend it.

There’re a number of folks on the Seahawks subreddit saying that same type of thing to rationalize wanting a trade to go down. I don’t imagine it’s a theory that’s based purely on access.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don’t subscribe to that theory, Watson can go to hell. That bullshit excuse just gives them enough to hand-waive the accusations and feel fine about rooting for Watson, should he get traded.

generic one fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 12, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol I got autoblocked for that Schefter tweet too after asking how much the NFL pays him to be their PR person

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Whew, this makes me feel a little less nervous

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1502413746509160451?t=I9tX_aAO3P199eFnkVskqA&s=19

Maybe I should queue up some footage of Aaron Donald bullying Seahawks centers

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1502413746509160451?t=I9tX_aAO3P199eFnkVskqA&s=19

Colts, maybe? But yeah, agreed, Seahawks don’t meet the o-line requirement.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

I am worried a bit but the Seahawks have been good in recent years about not having awful people on the team. Awful players is a different matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

generic one posted:

Colts, maybe?

I can't see Houston trading him within the division.