Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

happyhippy posted:

full homopathic

I too often go fully pathologically homo

Libra posted:

Big Gravity trying to keep us down.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Thinking about Paul manaforts daughters getting him arrested for Ukrainian money laundering because their mum got hooked on valium to cope with the swingers parties

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Spangly A posted:

Thinking about Paul manaforts daughters getting him arrested for Ukrainian money laundering because their mum got hooked on valium to cope with the swingers parties

Partyoffamilyvalues.txt

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm sorry if you disagree with this sigma grindset, we'll always need ditch diggers

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm sorry if you disagree with this sigma grindset, we'll always need ditch diggers

Back when it was a Thing and unavoidable, I heard about alpha and beta "male personalities". The gently caress is a sigma grindset?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

simplefish posted:

Back when it was a Thing and unavoidable, I heard about alpha and beta "male personalities". The gently caress is a sigma grindset?

quote:

A Sigma Male is your typical lone wolf. He is independent, self-sufficient, confident, and strong enough to be Alpha. He lets possible mates come to him, just like he does with friends and career opportunities. When these things come to him, however, he can be easily good at them

They're the sexy loner underdog wolves. They are the ones wearing wolf shirts that make the ladies cream.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They're the sexy loner underdog wolves. They are the ones wearing wolf shirts that make the ladies cream.

Nice Guys without the nice?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

simplefish posted:

Nice Guys without the nice?

More that it's a way to explain away that you are actually extremely Alpha, it is simply by your own Alpha choice that you have no friends or girlfriend.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think I've seen more memes mocking the edgy sociopath 'grindset' than I have unironic ones.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Don't forget the omega and gamma male.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dameius posted:

Omega Male... wasn't that a 70's movie about fighting Blackulas in the dystopian 70's future?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Guavanaut posted:

I think I've seen more memes mocking the edgy sociopath 'grindset' than I have unironic ones.

Hi I just wanted you to know today has sucked and these made me lmao

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Dameius posted:

Isn't Dr. Manhattan a Gamma male? It's been a bit since I read Watchmen.

(Seriously though, there's fuckin' more of these things?)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think there's more than there's Greek letters, I think the Greek letters are even dipole and spectral and all sorts of poo poo. I've seen the letters doubled, I've seen math symbols involved, idfk anymore

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m a slytherin virgo infp chandler beta male

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Guavanaut posted:

You all want to get stupid?

I'd say to ask them why eggs don't float in the low-density fluid we call air, but air is invisible and thus doesn't exist.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So where does the egg fall in space? I mean if you put it in a jar of water its still denser than its medium, so that should make it fall even in zero G, according to that. So which side of the jar does it "fall" against?

I mean you can ask the same thing on earth if gravity truly is a lie. The result should be the same.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Well in space there's the solar wind to take into account

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

simplefish posted:

So where does the egg fall in space?

Well, for something to "fall" it has to go from one location to another. We cannot know something's location and speed at the same time, so if you see an egg moving, it isn't "any" where, and therefore is simply a figment of your overactive imagination.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Tnega posted:

Well, for something to "fall" it has to go from one location to another. We cannot know something's location and speed at the same time, so if you see an egg moving, it isn't "any" where, and therefore is simply a figment of your overactive imagination.

smash mouth imagine the eggs

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Imagine 4 eggs at the edge of a glass. Say a direct copy of the egg nearest the glass is sent to the back of the line of eggs and takes the place of the first egg. The formerly first egg becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls into the glass.

Density works the same way.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Remember the 70's? The decade that was known for having a booming economy and stable petro-politics?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I vaguely remember the words gas and crisis used together in the news.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Dr. Faustus posted:

I vaguely remember the words gas and crisis used together in the news.

You must have misheard someone saying Chrysler for sure.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I checked, .49 in 1975 would be 2.58 USD today. Even pre-crisis that's a very "not great, not terrible" number.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

When I was 15 and first started driving, the RaceTrac on the way to the highway was selling regular for $0.85/gal of year 2000 money, ballpark $1.40 today

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

LonsomeSon posted:

When I was 15 and first started driving, the RaceTrac on the way to the highway was selling regular for $0.85/gal of year 2000 money, ballpark $1.40 today

I worked at a RaceTrac in Georgia in '99 and has was .69 a gallon when I left to go to BMT. $1.18 in '22 money.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
It blows my loving mind that gas was ever under a buck in my lifetime.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

D34THROW posted:

It blows my loving mind that gas was ever under a buck in my lifetime.

when i first started driving (2001) i could fill up the (12 gallon) tank for less than :10bux: it was great

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Y'all are starting to sound like the people we make fun of here. :D

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In 2001 I got a gameboy advance and ate cheese enchiladas to extreme punditry, because my 8th birthday was september 11, and by god kids these days don't know how to have your country go off the deep end for your birthday

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Handhelds used to run on double trouble AA

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Junkie Disease posted:

Handhelds used to run on double trouble AA

Six of them.
For four hours, if you're lucky.
I would play Game Gear facing the wall because the changing extra battery pack we got for it had like a two foot cord.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Game Gear was downright efficient compared to the Sega Nomad.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Medullah posted:

Game Gear was downright efficient compared to the Sega Nomad.

The Nomad is so cool though. A literal handheld console! My favorite part of the wikipedia entry is that it mentions its incompatibility with the 32x and Sega CD multiple times.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

aBagorn posted:

when i first started driving (2001) i could fill up the (12 gallon) tank for less than :10bux: it was great

I started driving to school in September 2005. Then I remember seeing gas prices in my area double after Katrina. And this is in NJ, which has some of the lowest gas prices in the country (and wonderful full service.)

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=EMM_EPMR_PTE_NUS_DPG&f=W

Countrywide, the last time gas was under a buck was Feb 1999.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

GoutPatrol posted:

(and wonderful full service.)

The craziest politics yet posted in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You'll only put the pump in my cold, dead hands