Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ivadixit/status/1502350078358343680?t=pzK2Ult-q2SRWVH42NBE7g&s=19

Same lady that got married on a plantation, and claimed it was just a farm, founded in South Carolina in the early 1800s. The plantation's website says it was a plantation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Crashbee posted:

Likewise with 'you say like neither but will eat whatever if it makes your partner happy, clearly you are lying.'

I mean, that'd be a kinda unsettling thing to do in a relationship even if it was just literally eating pie and not having sex.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/ivadixit/status/1502350078358343680?t=pzK2Ult-q2SRWVH42NBE7g&s=19

Same lady that got married on a plantation, and claimed it was just a farm, founded in South Carolina in the early 1800s. The plantation's website says it was a plantation.

I'm a wedding photographer that has photographed multiple weddings at the millstone and that is not a plantation. The only building there was built less than a century ago. The land the venue is on may have been a plantation in the 1800s and earlier, but the same can be said of much of the south.

Now I can show you plenty of actual plantations-turned-wedding venues in the area.

Also, not defending the obvious moron there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/1502499687290617856?t=DXKElo_j96_cOVT8pOzwnA&s=19

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i dont even know where to start with that one

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Yeah, you could just tell where this was going. MLM stuff is heavily tied into evangelical Christian circles, which in turn is very politically right-wing so it's a short hop to chud-town and this kind of word salad.

I work in an industry with tons of Mormons, and so many of their wives are like this. They see MLM's as a way for women to make money and still stay at home with the babbies. We've had to do a blanket ban on any mlm "parties" because people were feeling pressures by their bosses to buy lovely candles or leggings. Almost none of them make any money. If they're lucky they break even. The joke around the office is mlm stands for "mormons losonf money".

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I work in an industry with tons of Mormons, and so many of their wives are like this. They see MLM's as a way for women to make money and still stay at home with the babbies. We've had to do a blanket ban on any mlm "parties" because people were feeling pressures by their bosses to buy lovely candles or leggings. Almost none of them make any money. If they're lucky they break even. The joke around the office is mlm stands for "mormons losonf money".

MLMs are an industry with tons of Mormons. Utah county (home to BYU) has a reputation for being one of the biggest MLM/financial fraud sources in the U.S. It's also where Nuskin and Young Family Living are headquarterd.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Mx. posted:

context: a policeman once again got away with murdering an indigenous australian

Pilots are expected to get it right every time in life or death situations, and do so at a much higher rate than police officers.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

moonmazed posted:

don't worry, they'll tell you, and derail the whole thread around them too

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
here you go: :jerkbag:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Wait, so Hitler was not directly responsible for a large number of Germans dying in WW2?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cloacamazing! posted:

Wait, so Hitler was not directly responsible for a large number of Germans dying in WW2?
No that was Communism's doing.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Famously non-German speaking population, German Jews.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Remember when we all thought Maddow was cool because she had the brave stance of, "Actually, spending money on a social safety net is good, and Republicans are being disingenuous in opposing it?"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Angry Salami posted:

Ot also wasn't just Jews in the camps.

PhazonLink posted:

I'm suprised they're using pure numbers (also good job future proofing with 10^21) usually computer nerds like to compress their numbers and go with some denser than base10.
Yeah but imagine some random boomer getting assigned 1234567ACAB

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

GreenMetalSun posted:

If, idk, screwing up a football or hockey play caused people to die, I would expect them to get it right every time, yes?

An Olympic archer carefully examining her latest performance, pauses the video at the exact moment she turns around and let's loose an arrow directly into one of the judges eye socket. "There, that's where I need improvement."

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mx. posted:

i dont even know where to start with that one

“He absolutely did.”

When someone whitewashes Hitler, that’s usually the place you start. Whatever else is going on has to be real special to be comparable.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

“He absolutely did.”

When someone whitewashes Hitler, that’s usually the place you start. Whatever else is going on has to be real special to be comparable.
But even then that's engaging with the premise that that would be somehow a point in his favour. That if he'd only genocided non-germans (or, rather, austrians) it would have been less bad. Which is an insane and revealing statement for someone to make.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 12:17 on Mar 12, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
...Oh yeah, I see that. Okay it's not as easy as I thought.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/pillieeiiish/status/1502226689383813126?s=21

Further proving my theory that tiktok discourse is just reheated tumblr discourse.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Beecocked again!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
They're only doing it because it's hip

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Social media is the idiot.

https://twitter.com/john3ners/status/1502607601581932550?s=20&t=vhLMDWEb9HM8j7xwzY3QUw

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Beartaco posted:

An Olympic archer carefully examining her latest performance, pauses the video at the exact moment she turns around and let's loose an arrow directly into one of the judges eye socket. "There, that's where I need improvement."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpaue3Jhn1o

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Angry Salami posted:

German Communists, German invalids, German mentally disabled, German Roma...

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

idiot from my hometown getting a lot of attention on facebook and trying to clap back

I am also currently cyber bullying this man. Are you the drums guy?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dr Christmas posted:

Remember when we all thought Maddow was cool because she had the brave stance of, "Actually, spending money on a social safety net is good, and Republicans are being disingenuous in opposing it?"

No

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Beartaco posted:

This is the ending of Hunger Games.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm a wedding photographer that has photographed multiple weddings at the millstone and that is not a plantation. The only building there was built less than a century ago. The land the venue is on may have been a plantation in the 1800s and earlier, but the same can be said of much of the south.

Now I can show you plenty of actual plantations-turned-wedding venues in the area.

Also, not defending the obvious moron there.

The website called it a plantation

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

They deleted it - anyone got a screenshot?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Maddow? More like Coward

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

TinTower posted:

Further proving my theory that tiktok discourse is just reheated tumblr discourse.

Where'd this idiot lean beekeeping? Kaan Academy?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Improbable Lobster posted:

The website called it a plantation

I would think a wedding planner would be an expert on what is and isn’t a plantation.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TinTower posted:

Feels like a real missed opportunity not to make the flag black and yellow. Is that taken? Let me just

Edit: oh it's the NAMBLA flag nvm

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Heath posted:

Feels like a real missed opportunity not to make the flag black and yellow. Is that taken? Let me just

Yeah that's why them hos ain't afraid of it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

CharlestheHammer posted:

I would think a wedding planner would be an expert on what is and isn’t a plantation.

Turns out I misremembered. She claims there were no slaves there. There were.

E; also she doxed people on tiktok?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Heath posted:

Beedophiles

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Turns out I misremembered. She claims there were no slaves there. There were.

E; also she doxed people on tiktok?

It was a joke, I obviously don’t think a wedding planner would be an expert in that field

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
"grits mill"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
"Burned by Sherman's troops" like why though?