Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

ive never met anyone who watched anything after Z besides the occasional dubbed movie release lol

yeah that seems like the healthiest and least painful way to deal with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

how does the japanese public perceive nfts? is the reception as bad as it is here in the west?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think from what I've heard, it's just seen as a fad in Japan.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you know it just seems fitting that the show of heroes in a corrupt corporatized structure would have nfts

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
there was a lot of initial excitement in japan for the concept (at least from what i saw, but ive heard what i saw was pretty typical) but it quickly cooled for a few reasons. first, the initial conception of what nfts are was off. for example a lot of artists thought they were more akin to a digital copyright enforcement system, so they were excited for a system that would prevent their art from being stolen (lol). second, when the big big companies like square-enix et al (though to be 100% clear s-e is one of the later versions, theyre just one i remember) people went "oh if these guys like them and talk about them like this it must be kinda lame". finally the nft weirdos did not endear themselves to people when they started doing stuff like stealing the twitter accounts of artists to shill. super bad look. it helps that for example the ceo of skeb (a self-admitted crypto fan who trades in crypto) was very upfront about what nfts are and why he didnt think they were a good fit for skeb, or artsts in general.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/buildknuckle/status/1502642303550300163?t=Ov6uiW7E2Mm7-nxurp6tew&s=19

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

dogsicle posted:

you know it just seems fitting that the show of heroes in a corrupt corporatized structure would have nfts

I was going to make this reference!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Dragon Ball Super was on TV relatively very recently. I remember my coworkers talking about it all the time at my old job lol

Yeah same, I had one coworker who was pretty normie but would still chat with me about the latest happening in Super

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I know a few folks who love Super and have never seen DBZ and really that to me is continuing the proud tradition of people who got into DBZ without having seen DB.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pokemon seems like the kind of show that should be on Toonami now. Does Cartoon Network still have broadcast rights for it?

Captain Invictus posted:

I did too for a birthday party and they had those promo mewtwo cards so I just asked for a two inch thick stack of them from the guy because he absolutely did not give a poo poo. Wonder if I still have those, they're probably worth a decent amount these days

Please find out how much these are worth and report back. I have tons of old first-gen Pokemon cards and I would love it if they are worth fat stacks today.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

Pokemon seems like the kind of show that should be on Toonami now. Does Cartoon Network still have broadcast rights for it?

Please find out how much these are worth and report back. I have tons of old first-gen Pokemon cards and I would love it if they are worth fat stacks today.

No, I’m pretty sure it’s Netflix exclusive now (or the current series is at least)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8VWrBZRdc

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

I. M. Gei posted:

Pokemon used to sometimes air on Toonami just before it died. Nowadays it might be too kid-oriented to air late on Saturday nights. Sure Toonami has other shows like One Piece and Dragon Ball that appeal to the same demographic, but I feel Pokemon is much less likely to draw an audience of late night dub anime watchers than those shows.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

dungeon cousin posted:

Pokemon used to sometimes air on Toonami just before it died. Nowadays it might be too kid-oriented to air late on Saturday nights. Sure Toonami has other shows like One Piece and Dragon Ball that appeal to the same demographic, but I feel Pokemon is much less likely to draw an audience of late night dub anime watchers than those shows.

Pokemon was always for literal children, it would be a boneheaded decision to air it at a time for weebs

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It might work if they re-aired like the first season just for the nostalgia factor, but overall there's not going to be any interest for the people who watch toonami these days.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I. M. Gei posted:

if you have any first edition holofoils in great condition they're probably worth a shitload(even more if they're "Shadowless"). Anything up to Fossil is probably worth a good amount really. And then there's those weird misprints that are worth insane numbers like the red(or was it yellow?)-cheeked pikachu.

as for the mewtwo promo, it's this one, and only worth like 12 bucks near mint. makes sense, since they had stacks and stacks of them at probably most movie theaters that showed that movie

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Larryb posted:

No, I’m pretty sure it’s Netflix exclusive now (or the current series is at least)

Yeah it is and honestly that's the best place for it to be in terms of getting kids to watch it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

gently caress I can’t believe we’re getting Tiger and Bunny 2. Hope they get back the script writer/voice director for the dub.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's presumably a Netflix dub so I'm not holding out hope, there's zero chance they get back Laura Bailey or Daran Norris, for instance

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Arist posted:

It's presumably a Netflix dub so I'm not holding out hope, there's zero chance they get back Laura Bailey or Daran Norris, for instance

Normally I wouldn’t either but they‘ve been bizarrely accommodating lately iirc, and I also would never have expected Gideon Emery or Kari Walgren to show up in a Netflix dub. But really I mostly care about the voice director/script writer since they made the dub what it was even more so than the actors (who did a great job too).

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Wasn't the time limit on Tiger's power down to so small that in the epilogue he was barely able to do hero stuff? Wonder how that's gonna play out.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I Am Fowl posted:

Wasn't the time limit on Tiger's power down to so small that in the epilogue he was barely able to do hero stuff? Wonder how that's gonna play out.

At the end of the second movie (which is really good, you should watch it) Tiger almost retires but the public reaction from his fans pushes him to stay in.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/dox_gay/status/1502740245061808128?t=oaPMvI9w35Z0EOetliodpQ&s=19

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Thanks stair.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

I Am Fowl posted:

I always figured they could do like a ten year timeskip and have Kaede as Tiger and Barnaby as older, mentor Bunny. Looks like their going for a more traditional sequel though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/1503038425196384259?s=20&t=gcsEJKIdu6H_MaHRpIG6qg

This is why I'm not too worried about the Nier anime just yet. There's a lot of stories in the lore that they can tell outside of the game itself that are suited to traditional media.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finished My Girl and I had to chain smoke reading it the whole time because it kept making me cry lmfao. that's the good poo poo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that's a good one

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Larry Parrish posted:

I finished My Girl and I had to chain smoke reading it the whole time because it kept making me cry lmfao. that's the good poo poo.

1000%

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched anime today

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read itsuya-san by the same author because it's a quick read and it also instantly slammed me in the feels lmfao. sahara mizu is a genius, apparently.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tetsugaku Letra is really good too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/47td18.mp4

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

A real classics of gaming.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/nakayosi_manga/status/1503204605882118144?s=20&t=gcsEJKIdu6H_MaHRpIG6qg

Mia Ikumi, the illustrator of Tokyo Mew Mew, has passed at 42

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

drat, I wonder if they were trying to get the new series out before that happened.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drat that’s pretty young, had she been really sick for a while or something?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was a brain hemorrhage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bitter Swap was kind of nice too but mostly I just had flashbacks to every tired piece of freaky Friday stuff I've seen and read. And remembered that at least the movie took half the time of this manga. It's really not bad, I just kind of wish it didn't have the whole gender swap angle. It really doesn't add anything.