Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Did they patch out the bird rune farm that every Youtuber spammed a video about 4 MILLION RUNES AN HOUR? I never bothered with it but once I got to that zone I tried it and the bird stops at the cliff and just stares at me.

Don't shoot from the bonfire, go a bit further down the cliff, around where the first mobs are sitting. From there if you aggro the bird, it'll jump to its death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Infinite Karma posted:

Yes they are good. The Sword of Night and Flame is maybe the most powerful weapon in the game, and the Prince of Death Staff is pretty solid. The Golden Order Seal is a huge winner here too, there are lots and lots of good incantations and best of all, it weighs nothing.

The only bad part is there aren't of lot of weapon variety for Int/Fai that I've seen. The good news there is that with 40-50 in each, you can use a lot of cool stuff even if the scaling isn't min/maxed.

Thanks! Looking these all up (and I saw a decent amount of incantations that use both too)

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The ledge to the left. Tag and hide behind the corner there. It’s not 100% but it’s pretty reliable.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
So late, but:

Phenotype posted:

Is there anyone in this entire game who's just a chill happy person living in a nice little farming town, just enjoying their life and trying to stay under the radar?

jarburg

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has anyone gotten any real value out of the cracked jar items you can craft this time around? They seem to barely do anything for me.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Is there anything else down in deeproot other than the Crucible knight and his armor? I haven't found another path in this direction.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

ha ha ha blood man, not so tough now that blood loss only makes me stronger

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

tak posted:

The Ninth DLC when

No shortage of demigods to kill heh.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Is there anything else down in deeproot other than the Crucible knight and his armor? I haven't found another path in this direction.

Yes. You have to climb some roots upward but there are some real bosses and progress on an NPC questline.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Has anyone gotten any real value out of the cracked jar items you can craft this time around? They seem to barely do anything for me.

The sleep jar works on bosses, notably the godskin duo fight letting you turn it into a solo battle

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Are the INT/FTH things any good? I wanna level up my faith but I started as prisoner so my int starts high and would go to waste.

For Faith anyway, for PVP the madness/frenzy spells are incredibly fun. Vyke's Warspear also adds madness build up on hit.

Related: Are there any good frenzy/faith seals available before the Frenzied Flame Seal? I've been using the Clawmark Seal since I got it

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

some enemies are stunned if you set them on fire, the fire jars are good for that

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

This but perfumes. Also where do I find perfume recipes?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Jars are handy if you want a quick easy source of something you don't otherwise have on your build i.e. fire damage, status buildup

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh and Beetus, iirc the Brick Hammer is one of the weapons that is bugged where it loses power going from +24 to +25 when Heavy, which you're probably a ways out from but if you keep with it keep that in mind.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

pentyne posted:

This but perfumes. Also where do I find perfume recipes?

You get a basic kit (perfume jars + recipes) from the perfumer ruins in southern Atlus. South-west (iirc) of the first grace on the plateau after you beat the magma wyrm and take the lift up. The boss in the ruins underground will demonstrate why perfumes are cool, and it drops its own ashes, so you can summon your personal perfumer afterwards. That bubble-shield + attack buff perfume for yourself and allies is a big favourite of mine.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

tildes posted:

So late, but:

jarburg

seemed so peaceful.

I smashed them to pieces.

:doit:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
One thing I would find interesting is if whatever they have planned for the next souls like is if it was a more alive place. Instead of a world mostly dying.

Sekiro kind of did that but not really

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
btw people were talking about Martin's contributions to the lore and one thing I'm absolutely sure is his is the Omens because its yet another version of fantasy leprosy just like Greyscale from GoT, though this one involves a lot more body growths

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AnEdgelord posted:

btw people were talking about Martin's contributions to the lore and one thing I'm absolutely sure is his is the Omens because its yet another version of fantasy leprosy just like Greyscale from GoT, though this one involves a lot more body growths

Anything involving fingering surely is

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

One thing I would find interesting is if whatever they have planned for the next souls like is if it was a more alive place. Instead of a world mostly dying.

Sekiro kind of did that but not really

Sekiro literally had NPCs slowly get sick and rot because you died

But I read somethjbg about how sekiro leans very much into Buddhism and it turns out so do souls games and a huge part of Buddhism is that life is cyclical and sucks and the best thing to do is break the cycle. But then sekiro was way more explicit with it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
goddamn the hoarfrost stomp is the leg up i needed

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
well you definitely can tell he made up all the names.

offspring of Godfrey all start with G, offspring of Rennalla start with R, Marika start with an M...

G RR M

hmm...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Sekiro literally had NPCs slowly get sick and rot because you died

But I read somethjbg about how sekiro leans very much into Buddhism and it turns out so do souls games and a huge part of Buddhism is that life is cyclical and sucks and the best thing to do is break the cycle. But then sekiro was way more explicit with it

No that’s not what I meant I meant the world itself is dying and most of the world at the point the player exists is mostly history

Sekiro got around that by basing itself in the real world kind of but was the same in a lot of ways

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sometimes i like to go check on the guy who can do anything he likes now. can't he, mate?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The ending of Sellen's quest is incredible if you help her, you get more stuff and aren't locked out of respec or anything

Harrow posted:

Helping Sellen I think gets you access to some new sorceries you wouldn't be able to get otherwise, and the Azur and Lusat sets are both quite good if you ever decide to respec to pure casting (especially Azur's). Azur's hat powers up Comet Azur at the cost of increasing its FP drain, but that doesn't matter if you're using the "don't spend FP for a short time" physick, which you definitely will be if you're trying to use Comet Azur at all. That said none of it is so critical that you'll be putting yourself at a serious disadvantage for missing it so if you really feel like you want to roleplay your character as pro-Carian royal family, you can help Jerren.

Do know that you will not lose out on anything for helping Sellen, no matter how it may appear.

I ended up helping Sellen and I do not regret it!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Peffumer enemies spamming that fire ability are annoying as hell since they do it point-blank even

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Sekiro is about a local culture and way of life dying out, the scope isn't cosmic like Souls games but like, Ashina is just as completely doomed as Lothric or w/e and for roughly the same reasons.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Sekiro is about a local culture and way of life dying out, the scope isn't cosmic like Souls games but like, Ashina is just as completely doomed as Lothric or w/e and for roughly the same reasons.

Snake infestations allowed to get out of control?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Someone pointed out that Irina in Elden Ring and Ds3 are the same person.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AnEdgelord posted:

Mohg's lore is definitely a George contribution.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

Someone pointed out that Irina in Elden Ring and Ds3 are the same person.

They're not, it's just a cute reference (or more evidence of the Lands Between being a sort of purgatorial echo of the other games, if you want something more poetic).

Morne in this is a castle instead of a person, they look nothing alike, Carim is not a location in Elden Ring, etc.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nihl, nihl, nihl!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Say what you will about grum, but you do have to judge him for his lore allowing them to put hoarfrost stomp in the game

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i think Omens, like the Minor Erdtrees, are a sign that the Erdtree isn't properly / fully immortal and is attempting to propagate itself (since the "horns" are pretty obviously roots/branches). the problem with this theory is that Morgott and Mogh's births (among others) obviously predate the Shattering and the Minor Erdtrees (at least) didn't come into existence until then

it's possible the mere existence of the Rune of Death was enough to let the curse occasionally manifest but ehhh

i feel like i'm missing something

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i think Omens, like the Minor Erdtrees, are a sign that the Erdtree isn't properly / fully immortal and is attempting to propagate itself (since the "horns" are pretty obviously roots/branches). the problem with this theory is that Morgott and Mogh's births (among others) obviously predate the Shattering and the Minor Erdtrees (at least) didn't come into existence until then

it's possible the mere existence of the Rune of Death was enough to let the curse occasionally manifest but ehhh

i feel like i'm missing something

I think that the Erdtree is some sort of projection from the dimension/plane of existence the Greater Will hails from or dwells in. The arena you fight the Elden Beast in is encircled by them.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
patches is the noose that ties the from software multiverse. its also why 2 isnt part of the multiverse due to no patches. it is also the best souls game but thats besides the point.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Holy poo poo, did I just find a fake grace in Haligtree?

E: Oh, never mind. Some cockbag just put their message right on it so I got confused.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think that the Erdtree is some sort of projection from the dimension/plane of existence the Greater Will hails from or dwells in. The arena you fight the Elden Beast in is encircled by them.

well, yes and no. the Erdtree is not a purely physical phenomenon, you can tell that just by looking at it. it's definitely present on this world, though, per a bunch of lore about the Elden Ring being physically sent to the Lands Between (to say nothing of there being an entire map region physically entangled in the Erdtree's roots)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Eej posted:

Wait till you find out that you can jump over the Crucible Knight tail sweep into an easy jump attack.

Ugh gonna be hard to shake off this dark souls 2d mentality and start doing stuff like that in the heat of battle