Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The mighty Northwestern Wild Cat has won its first tournament game since 2017.

Chicago teams are still Hoiberg’s weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'd like to thank Vandy for beating the absolute dogshit out of Georgia. Lest anyone thought Crean might have any redeemability left.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I'd like to thank Vandy for beating the absolute dogshit out of Georgia. Lest anyone thought Crean might have any redeemability left.

glad to know there is in fact a major conference school that gave up on the season even harder than NC State

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Disaster for Rutgers would be to lose to Nebraska or Northwestern so I guess I have to root for Iowa now.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
No tournament finals today or tomorrow, everything gets offloaded onto the weekend ahead of the selection show. Today in particular is short of drama beyond seeding implications since the bubble is one of the weakest in years, really just keeping an eye on quality mid majors loving up their seasons like Iona did yesterday.

As a side note I don’t think I’ve ever actually wanted Syracuse to win a basketball game until today.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

elentar posted:

As a side note I don’t think I’ve ever actually wanted Syracuse to win a basketball game until today.

gently caress Duke, but that's not going to happen...

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
https://twitter.com/KStateMBB/status/1501953860977500169

Bruce Weber made it official this morning. Always a good, not great coach every where he's been. He built up Southern Illinois into a MVC power, and they've struggled since he and Painter left, he took Bill Self's players at Illinois to the title game and a 37-2 overall record in his 2nd year there. After that though, it was a slow slide over the next 6 seasons and he was let go.

He went on to K-State with mixed results. 2 conference titles and an Elite 8 appearance, but 4 losing seasons, another season of missing the tournament and 4 first round exits. But for K-State, that's a big improvement over everyone but Frank Martin.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

K State is rarely good at basketball. I imagine they get worse with the next coach. Weber always had weirdly inconsistent results. Never really sure why. I think just not quite a good enough recruiter or game coach.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fire chris collins

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ding dong, the Crean is dead.

quote:

Georgia finished this season with its lowest winning percentage (.188) since the 1955-56 season. This season ended with the most lopsided SEC tournament loss in program history, 86-51, Wednesday night to Vanderbilt in Tampa.

In 1955-56, Georgia's home gym was a leaky firetrap that was so bad, Kentucky refused to play games there for more than a decade. Georgia cared about basketball just as much.

The good news is that Georgia is eyeing Jarvis Hayes, a former player (and assistant) and apparently an excellent recruiter. Georgia's basketball recruiting has been downright terrible for the past 20 years, save for the brief blessing Anthony Edwards gave them.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oklahoma probably just played their way into the tournament and Baylor probably just dropped to a 2 seed.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oklahoma probably just played their way into the tournament and Baylor probably just dropped to a 2 seed.

That was definitely a must win for OU. Only one real bad loss to Butler but they lacked enough good wins. Lots of close losses to good teams though. Florida losing helps but Indiana winning doesn't.

The Baylor loss might have secured a 1 seed for Kansas, unless they lose tomorrow. If either Auburn or Kentucky win the SEC they should get one too. Maybe Purdue can sneak in if none of those 3 win their tournaments and Purdue takes the Big 10. Not sure Arizona can drop off the 1 line at this point.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Think if VT beats Carolina Friday night we're in, otherwise we're NIT bound. Expecting the latter, but maybe we'll shoot hot.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

That was definitely a must win for OU. Only one real bad loss to Butler but they lacked enough good wins. Lots of close losses to good teams though. Florida losing helps but Indiana winning doesn't.

The Baylor loss might have secured a 1 seed for Kansas, unless they lose tomorrow. If either Auburn or Kentucky win the SEC they should get one too. Maybe Purdue can sneak in if none of those 3 win their tournaments and Purdue takes the Big 10. Not sure Arizona can drop off the 1 line at this point.

I don't think it knocks Baylor off the 1 line, but it does make it tighter if Auburn or UK wins their tournament. Kansas gets the last 1 if they make the champ game and Auburn & UK do not. Purdue is too far out, I think, even if they win the Big 10.

Tech absolutely demolished ISU. Tech could climb to the 2 line if they win the Big XII tournament. I think that Tech is affixed to the 3 line or above regardless of the remainder of the conference tournaments.

OU climbed back to the bubble, I think, with their win over Baylor. Last 4 out, hoping for no surprise AQ's. Beat Tech and I think they slide to the last 4 in, and obviously they can take the AQ slot by winning it all.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
there goes the illini shot at a 3 seed

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
And I think that knocks Auburn out of a shot at a 1.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
UNT poop it pant

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Shinjobi posted:

UNT poop it pant

Wow, that's a really low scoring game...

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/dave_matter/status/1502422417142075393?s=21 Leaders for the job are McCasland from UNT and de Vries at Drake. I would take de Vries in a heartbeat.

(Another option: Sean Miller, especially among the “gently caress morality, we need a greasy cheating gently caress who wins” element of the fan base, and I would like that as well)

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 12, 2022

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/dave_matter/status/1502422417142075393?s=21 Leaders for the job are McCasland from UNT and de Vries at Drake. I would take de Vries in a heartbeat.

(Another option: Sean Miller, especially among the “gently caress morality, we need a greasy cheating gently caress who wins” element of the fan base, and I would like that as well)

I am so relieved to hear this. I was worried that they would not only keep him around for next year, but extend him to ensure that some low 3* star recruits who need to be taught how to play basketball would be willing to come to Columbia.

The new hire could go sideways, but I guess this is where we see what we have with our new AD. Regardless, it's nice to have the possibility of getting the program back to regular top 25 relevance

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
What’s Donnie Tyndall up to?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

If Shrewsberry can recruit Penn St is going to be a monster team in 2 or 3 years.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Trevion is cool and good, one of my all time favorite Boilermakers:

https://twitter.com/twill___/status/1502503845431320579

Apparently this kept this game from making the over.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1502462591888609286

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

Trevion is cool and good, one of my all time favorite Boilermakers:

https://twitter.com/twill___/status/1502503845431320579

Apparently this kept this game from making the over.

Genuinely Trevion might be my all time fave. Just the most ultimate team player you could possibly hope for. What a dude.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Death, taxes, SDSU in the Mountain West Finals

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Your finals slate for tomorrow, minus any I forgot about :

• Atlantic East (11 AM): UMBC vs. a Vermont team ridiculously better than the rest of their conference this year
  • MEAC (1 PM): Norfolk State, the best team the conference has produced in half a decade, vs. Coppin State, who is not
  • Metro Atlantic (4 PM): Monmouth vs. Saint Peter’s, who is the best shot for a MAAC upset bid with Iona gone
  • SWAC (6 PM): Alcorn State as the 1 seed, playing Texas Southern which is the only sub-200 Kenpom team in the league
  • Mountain West (6 PM): Boise State vs. San Diego State, both safely in. MWC might get 4 in this year, and they can all cause a lot of problems
  • Big 12 (6 PM): Texas Tech vs. Kansas for seeding lines, if even that
  • Big East (6:30 PM): Villanova vs. Creighton, same
  • MAC (7:30 PM): Kent State vs. Akron, both pretty mediocre but the game itself is a coin flip
  • Big Sky (8 PM): Montana State vs. a Northern Colorado team they’re significantly better than
  • C-USA (8:30 PM): UAB vs. a Louisiana Tech team they really ought to beat; Blazers are right on the edge of the bubble so it’s their bid that would get stolen
  • ACC (8:30 PM): Virginia Tech, who probably still needs to win this one to get in, vs. gently caress Duke
  • Pac-12 (9 PM): UCLA vs. Arizona, blah
  • Southland (9:30 PM): Texas A&M-Corpus Christi vs. Southeastern Louisiana
  • WAC (10 PM): New Mexico State vs. an Abilene Christian they’re a little better than
  • Big West (11:30 PM): Cal State Fullerton vs. Long Beach State, another coin flip to close out your evening

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan has to root for Duke today.

I'd rather root for Ohio State :sigh:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to UT-UK round 3 but we’re not at home so we’ll probably get blown out again

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1502706340724199429?s=20&t=bq-Wtmh8l19tJ3Snmvq2rQ

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

four down in Ohio

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

elentar posted:

four down in Ohio

jesus

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

elentar posted:

four down in Ohio

:wow:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

WOW
https://twitter.com/BrodyAMiller/status/1502731715411914756
E: with cause

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 12, 2022

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

"With cause" is a coupon code

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

elentar posted:

four down in Ohio

good poo poo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

also reminder for those who had forgotten what with a pandemic happening between it but in 2019 will ade waived his right to contest termination for cause in exchange for lsu not firing him on the spot

which, uh, i dunno who your agent or attorney is but you gotta replace them will

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
nice flop by Fulky lol

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Not gonna win many shooting 2-20 from 3.

e: meant for GDT but whatever.

Lost opportunity for a 1 seed, still should be a 2 though.

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am devastated