Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Sereri posted:

Found the culprit and deployed a fix version ... to everyone. Hell, even to those weirdos using the Amazon appstore.

Thanks for beta testing, everyone.

Thank you so much for helping us OLED theme goons with our need for as many pixels to be off as possible! :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

sliami posted:

hi! i think i can see future emojis in this app... and nowhere else ?? 🫠🫧🥹🫴🫳🫵🫰🫡🫦😶‍🌫️< these. if you can't see them here's an img example:

i'm on android.

not a complaint. just interesting

Huh, weird. Only the last one shows up in your post, but when I quote it, they all show up in the edit box, but in a different order than in your screenshot. Also on Android btw.

E: Ok, and in my post, again only the last one shows in your quoted post.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

They are in different orders, that's a screencap from another post. The foggy face emoji isn't new, so that's why it shows up—the rest are actually new ones .
🫶🧌 < So are these !

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

sliami posted:

They are in different orders, that's a screencap from another post. The foggy face emoji isn't new, so that's why it shows up—the rest are actually new ones .
🫶🧌 < So are these !

That's so weird, the exact same thing happens on my end (even with an android update a few days back. I can see these ones on the quote page, who knows what happens when I post

e:

:ms:/:iiam:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I can see all those emoji and I'm on Android 8.1 and I pray none of you are on anything even more ancient.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

I'm android 11 (LineageOS 18) and I can't see but maybe two of them. Fun stuff

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
11 here too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All of those work fine on my Android 10 phone.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Probably an interaction with the fix for hiding ignored posts, but, with that option enabled I am getting taken to the page before the latest when opening threads, frequently.

E: Actually it's definitely when there are new posts on that page but I've ignored them all, so it's correct function.

ArcMage fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 16, 2022

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It looks like if someone quotes a post in archives and you tap the link in the quote header, it just does nothing. (maybe it goes to the post as expected if you have archives?)
Would some kind of 'needs archives' toast be possible?

If you need examples to test, the PYF Funny Forum Quotes thread is full of these

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Here's a weird bug that's for a specific enough situation that I haven't seen it before. In OLED mode, if someone puts strikethrough tags on the outside of spoiler tags rather than the inside, it shows the strikethrough line on top of the spoiler tag. Example post text and app output:

As far as I can tell, it's specific to the app and its OLED theme only, other spoilers seem to work fine either way.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Here's a weird bug that's for a specific enough situation that I haven't seen it before. In OLED mode, if someone puts strikethrough tags on the outside of spoiler tags rather than the inside, it shows the strikethrough line on top of the spoiler tag. Example post text and app output:

As far as I can tell, it's specific to the app and its OLED theme only, other spoilers seem to work fine either way.

I hope someone gets fired for that blunder

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

That's obviously a secret app club feature we can use to flex on the non app users.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I looked at a specific user's posts in a thread, then went back to the thread list, and this happened.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Banned for hacking.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh hey, that just happened to me, too. Also on the last page of the discusses specific user's posts, it started including posts from other users after.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Dabir posted:

I looked at a specific user's posts in a thread, then went back to the thread list, and this happened.

That threads owes you a bunch of answers.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hyperlynx posted:

Also on the last page of the discusses specific user's posts, it started including posts from other users after.

That's how it's always functioned in the app as far as I know.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
A bunch of different threads have pages that fail to load for me.
This one fails to load page 1020 but 1019 and 1021 work

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Can you load that failing page with your web browser to see if someone on your ignore list posted there?
On the forum side we changed how ignored post placeholders display to no longer take up so much space; it's possible the app is trying to access information from one of the links that no longer exists (without failing gracefully).

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm unsure but will check tomorrow. Fwiw I just noticed the same issue happening

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

astral posted:

Can you load that failing page with your web browser to see if someone on your ignore list posted there?
On the forum side we changed how ignored post placeholders display to no longer take up so much space; it's possible the app is trying to access information from one of the links that no longer exists (without failing gracefully).

No ignored posts on that page

It's quite a few threads, I can get more examples if that would help

e: pages 1-9 and 11-12 won't load, but page 10 does

tak fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 1, 2022

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Yeah, I had this happen in a different thread and it turned out there were ignored posts there. Weird, I was sure the change wouldn't mess with the app. I'll have to debug it later to see what's happening.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I also have that problem since last night (European time). If I check this very thread here, page 1 doesn't load for me in the Android app and it contains an ignored post, other pages (eg. 2-10 and the last one) do work and I didn't see ignored posters.

I first noticed it in the Ukraine thread on DND where an ignored poster shows up at least once a page:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993516 The website version works fine. In the app, page 1170 works right now. Before that, pages 1160-1163 eg. work even if they have ignored posters, but in some weird semi-cached form (jumping to a post in the middle, from where the page is formatted like new posts) even though I cleared the app cache. Pages 1164-1169 don't work at all in the app.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I don't ignore users, and I haven't noticed the issue.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I've got it happening that there's an unread post at the end of a thread that I can't read bc every time the thread loads it shows the post above, one by an ignored user, as the one I haven't read. Actual new post is missing

Across the entire forum, unread counts don't seem to update correctly if an ignored user is on the page

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BonHair posted:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

BonHair posted:

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I'm having this same issue, the ignore feature being the problem explains why its so erratic. Once again the brave neverignore faction is vindicated.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I use ignore a lot on the app because it's so easy to click the post anyways. Just reminds me to look at the name before responding

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Cleared out the ignore list and can confirm it resolved the problem.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

tak posted:

A bunch of different threads have pages that fail to load for me.
This one fails to load page 1020 but 1019 and 1021 work

Having the same issue. And no I will not clear out my ignore list. I refuse to be assaulted by bad opinions

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

thehoodie posted:

Having the same issue. And no I will not clear out my ignore list. I refuse to be assaulted by bad opinions

I have some bad news about these forums, and indeed, the Internet.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

thehoodie posted:

lol

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Update has been submitted. Let's see how long it takes Google to send this out.

Sorry everyone

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

BonHair posted:

Big dick energy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sereri posted:

Sorry everyone

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Turns out I did have an ignored post on that page that I missed lol welp

Sereri posted:

Sorry everyone

You're a true hero you know

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Sereri posted:

Sorry everyone

Already got the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Update is up and the threads work again, you're Awfulesome :)