Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

File photo: sad Drake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gona need pix of that radass whip

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Stopping in, jase lmao I’ve told stories about your bets before and got one more now I guess :aaaaa:7

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

gently caress yeah! Congratulations, jase! You're a legend and legends live forever :)

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
It’s ordered and should be available by the end of the month. 184k in cash. the fully loaded one was 224k but because I paid upfront they gave me a nice discount.

My wife is gonna lose her poo poo when I get that bad boy delivered to the house.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

King

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

jase1 posted:

It’s ordered and should be available by the end of the month. 184k in cash. the fully loaded one was 224k but because I paid upfront they gave me a nice discount.

My wife is gonna lose her poo poo when I get that bad boy delivered to the house.

man i'm so stoked for you

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
jase really won

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

jase1 posted:

King poo poo my dude

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jase1 posted:

ive wanted to be driven around in a maybach for like a night like ive belonged in one for a while now. i belong in a dented 1990s minivan, so go make some memories with your spouse and enjoy. that rules. you rule. she rules

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hell yeah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That rules

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jase1 posted:

Blessed

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

hell yeah man. by my count you still have around 100k in a free roll?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jase1 posted:

gently caress yeah!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That rules. Call it the gently caress Greg Hardymobile.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

jase1 posted:

Like a fuckin' boss.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol so fuckin awesome.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

You should 100% post it to social media #Spivacgotmethiscar or something

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I have made a lot of enemies over the years so I stay completely off social media. That’s a pretty quick way to get robbed by someone looking for revenge.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jase1 posted:

I have made a lot of enemies over the years so I stay completely off social media. That’s a pretty quick way to get robbed by someone looking for revenge.

nothing but love here though

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LionYeti posted:

You should 100% post it to social media #Spivacgotmethiscar or something

he should have spivac drive it to the house

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

My bookie said I was the only one to bet on Spivac and he had bets totaling over 500k on Hardy.

I laughed.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

jase1 posted:

My bookie said I was the only one to bet on Spivac and he had bets totaling over 500k on Hardy.

I laughed.

That is an excellent detail that cannot be left out of this story. I really love that the bookie still made money on the fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jase1 posted:

I laughed.

your win also had greg hardy cut. lol.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
anybody sweating tonight? I've got a decent amount on santos in the main but not much interest in the rest of the card

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Spokes posted:

anybody sweating tonight? I've got a decent amount on santos in the main but not much interest in the rest of the card

Good luck, but from now on the minimum bet in here is 200k FYI.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

jase1 posted:

This of course is my favorite thread ever so I figured I would share this here first because regardless of who wants to see me lose or who wants me to win it was always a loving blast.

You'll always be a winner.

You don't know me from Adam, but I heard about this on a Discord forum and immediately remembered you from reading your writings here years ago. That's relatively rare - reading dozens of various internet threads a day, your writing (and experiences) had to be something special to make you stick out in my mind. I don't really have anything to say other than I'm sorry you're going through this, and to let you know that another person (and I know there are so many beside me) finds your writing and experiences thrilling and memorable. Thank you for sharing these parts of your life with me. I hold hope that you'll continue to be able to do so, but either way, you have already left a big mark.

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 18, 2022

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I can’t say enough how much I appreciate the kind words. So a quick update. Chemo isn’t doing anything besides making me sick as gently caress. So after length conversations with my wife and my doctor I have stopped the chemo. They did a quick surgery and removed my gall bladder and my spleen due the how hosed they are from the cancer. So my time is limited and my wife and I agreed to spend that time partying our loving asses off.

So I booked a flight to vegas called in every marker that every deadbeat owes me and called in every favor and used every reward I had to get an amazing suite. I invited some of my closest friends and we gambled and partied all night. I was able to get them to provide a dealer and we played 5-10 pot limit Omaha all night long and had a blast. The next day a friend was able to score me some peyote which was top on my bucket list of things I haven’t done yet. So we ventured out into the desert found a beautiful area hiked for what seemed forever tripping my balls off. Eventually we made a fire and I wanted to wander off by myself. I walked as far as could until I could just see where I started. Found a huge rock climbed up on it and laid down and stared at the stars until the sun came up. Most amazing and beautiful experience of my life. It really let me come to terms with my death and just enjoy the ride until I’m gone.

The next morning we drove back to hotel and I realized my bankroll is still pretty flush and since I’m going balls out then I might as well bet a big one. I know it’s not mma but I wanted to share it with you guys because this is the og thread.

100k on Villanova -5.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

king loving poo poo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

go nova. go jase

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this makes me both sad and happy. keep keeping us posted on your adventures man, and i'll be rooting for villanova

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'd need more than peyote to bet like that :aaa:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

oh and did your mrs get the maybach? did she flip?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
gently caress yes jase! Top poo poo man.

Go Nova

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jase1 posted:

I can’t say enough how much I appreciate the kind words. So a quick update. Chemo isn’t doing anything besides making me sick as gently caress. So after length conversations with my wife and my doctor I have stopped the chemo. They did a quick surgery and removed my gall bladder and my spleen due the how hosed they are from the cancer. So my time is limited and my wife and I agreed to spend that time partying our loving asses off.

So I booked a flight to vegas called in every marker that every deadbeat owes me and called in every favor and used every reward I had to get an amazing suite. I invited some of my closest friends and we gambled and partied all night. I was able to get them to provide a dealer and we played 5-10 pot limit Omaha all night long and had a blast. The next day a friend was able to score me some peyote which was top on my bucket list of things I haven’t done yet. So we ventured out into the desert found a beautiful area hiked for what seemed forever tripping my balls off. Eventually we made a fire and I wanted to wander off by myself. I walked as far as could until I could just see where I started. Found a huge rock climbed up on it and laid down and stared at the stars until the sun came up. Most amazing and beautiful experience of my life. It really let me come to terms with my death and just enjoy the ride until I’m gone.

The next morning we drove back to hotel and I realized my bankroll is still pretty flush and since I’m going balls out then I might as well bet a big one. I know it’s not mma but I wanted to share it with you guys because this is the og thread.

100k on Villanova -5.

Sucks that the chemo wasn't working, but I'm glad you're going out on your terms. o7

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Put 3.5 units on Villanova in your honor

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
loving legend.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hell of a way to wrap it up, jase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

100k on Villanova -5.

we go agane