Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c79cD3gmoPo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

kanonvandekempen posted:

Did they release paid dlc content before immortal empires last time?

No. Mortal Empires was the first "DLC". It technically released at the same time as the Blood DLC I suppose.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

so Kugath is kinda bullshit, ya? After beating him the 1st time and getting an 8 turn attrition plague on my army, he respawned with a whole new stack and I fought him again with the original, now much more injured stack. It had only been 5 turns since I last beat him and when I beat him again, it reset the timer on my attrition plague back to 8 turns. Wtf, how am I supposed to beat him if he can respawn with a whole stack in under 8 turns and keep that attrition going indefinitely?

Gonna prioritize wiping his filth off of this map so I dont have to deal with this bullshit

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Speaking of nurgle, I've just started his campaign and people were not wrong about their T1 towers, holy crap they are amazing, probably the greatest thing in the entire faction.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

kanonvandekempen posted:

Did they release paid dlc content before immortal empires last time?

Only the blood dlc IIRC, ME came out a month after 2.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

so Kugath is kinda bullshit, ya? After beating him the 1st time and getting an 8 turn attrition plague on my army, he respawned with a whole new stack and I fought him again with the original, now much more injured stack. It had only been 5 turns since I last beat him and when I beat him again, it reset the timer on my attrition plague back to 8 turns. Wtf, how am I supposed to beat him if he can respawn with a whole stack in under 8 turns and keep that attrition going indefinitely?

Gonna prioritize wiping his filth off of this map so I dont have to deal with this bullshit

Kugath can't respawn with a full stack an unlimited number of times, instead he has a recruitment pool that gets units dropped into it by each recruitment building every three turns or so - and good units dropped in less often. Also his newly recruited units are at about a third health. Finally Nurgle has some major weaknesses; low armour, slow troops, no anti-large. Shoot them to ribbons.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mordja posted:

Yeah, but only cool people have access to it.

My mom says I'm cool...:saddowns:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
With Nurgle, every stack is a crap stack

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

neonchameleon posted:

Kugath can't respawn with a full stack an unlimited number of times, instead he has a recruitment pool that gets units dropped into it by each recruitment building every three turns or so - and good units dropped in less often. Also his newly recruited units are at about a third health. Finally Nurgle has some major weaknesses; low armour, slow troops, no anti-large. Shoot them to ribbons.

Yeah but the thing is you can't interact with a Nurgle army without risking the plague even if you can set up to clear the army easily. The attrition plague is far too strong, overrides literally every source of attrition protection in the game(including encamping, being in a city) and either the computer loooooves +duration or just bullshits and resets durations at random because it'll give you 8 turn duration pretty frequently or reset durations if you get a reapplication. After seeing the "Come And Get It" global recruit bug on Ogres I'd put money on it being bugged.

It also removes any units that hits 0 count in your army instead of just keeping them at 1 hp and it's literally impossible to recover health with the plague up so plan accordingly.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

neonchameleon posted:

im able to win against Kugath in the field just fine, I just dont understand how CA thought the attrition plague lasting for 8 drat turns was reasonable. Its basically shutting down my stack for that whole time and since it only takes a few turns for Kugath to respawn and reinfect my army again, I dont really have any counterplay other than wipe out his faction or avoid fighting him at all costs

Am I getting unlucky by getting that specific plague two times in a row, or is that intended behavior when fighting Nurgle? Ive seen a few plagues that Nurgle has and none of them are anywhere near as debilitating as "attrition and no replenishment for 8 turns"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Another trick you can do with Greasus in particular (having lots of ogre neighbors in his start) is to take advantage of the huge Upkeep reduction to pile Ogres into camps as much as you can. The reason for this is because confederation can often be determined by relative strength, and this factors the total troop strength but not the Upkeep so having a massive number of ogres can give you a diplomatic edge with your neighbors. Best of all a 20x stack of ogres is a rather unappealing target and you can ferry doomstacks through multiple camps to save money.

I'm kind of curious what happens to camps when you confederate, since they can potentially let you exceed your max amount at the time.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Another trick you can do with Greasus in particular (having lots of ogre neighbors in his start) is to take advantage of the huge Upkeep reduction to pile Ogres into camps as much as you can. The reason for this is because confederation can often be determined by relative strength, and this factors the total troop strength but not the Upkeep so having a massive number of ogres can give you a diplomatic edge with your neighbors. Best of all a 20x stack of ogres is a rather unappealing target and you can ferry doomstacks through multiple camps to save money.

I'm kind of curious what happens to camps when you confederate, since they can potentially let you exceed your max amount at the time.

They stick around and you can indeed end up with more camps than your limit allows. In my ogre game I confederated Thunderguts late in the game and with their 3 camps my income just jumped into the stratosphere

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
How long did it take for the community workshop to come online before?

Missing my QoL mods.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Woof. Tried Slaanesh and I love the idea of the army but doing micro for all the cav and chariots is not my strong point.

I then tried ogres and just rolling fatboys straight into the front lines is absolutely my jam.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SteelMentor posted:

How long did it take for the community workshop to come online before?

Missing my QoL mods.

Like two weeks, but it's going to take longer for TWW3 because there's a ton of extremely nasty bugs that they're trying to squash without destroying the game's code and mods will simply complicate reports to an enormous degree.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The Daemon Prince is pretty drat ridiculously strong

You get vanguard deployment plague on all your armies which, alone, is insanely strong. You get upkeep reduction costs on whatever you want so you can field a doomstack much earlier AND when I got the final set of his armor it gave everything in my army physical resistance as well. On top of this, you can also seduce enemy units :psyduck:

The Daemon prince started pretty mediocre but drat does the faction get ridiculously strong fast

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Collapsing Farts posted:

The Daemon Prince is pretty drat ridiculously strong

You get vanguard deployment plague on all your armies which, alone, is insanely strong. You get upkeep reduction costs on whatever you want so you can field a doomstack much earlier AND when I got the final set of his armor it gave everything in my army physical resistance as well. On top of this, you can also seduce enemy units :psyduck:

The Daemon prince started pretty mediocre but drat does the faction get ridiculously strong fast

Go into his skill line and look at what he can do to furies too

e: you can buff them in all four chaos god lines as well as the favor progression buffs equals just clouds of supersonic knives basically

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 12, 2022

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
I like the new factions in this game, but I have to join the chorus in hating the new Chaos rifts. I managed to finish a Cathay VH campaign, but I only did one final Soul battle manually (Tzeentch) and auto-resolved all the others since they were so unenjoyable.
I started up a Kislev campaign and was having fun but I audibly groaned in disgust when I saw that stupid Ursun roars event. I never felt that during the Vortex campaign.

I hope the 1.1 patch makes some significant improvements.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I’ve been rolling with the disable mod activated. It’s kind of like being back to 2 in terms of pacing. Like, I largely set it. Most battles are settlement related. Still fun, but I think my #1 gripe is units just dropping orders on contact with a fleeing unit and the settlement battles exacerbate that issue greatly.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I miss the overhauls that gave dynamic garrison buildings. These added garrison units based on the building itself. The base settlement building garrisons were rather minimal and the defense building was fewer but higher tier units. Support buildings had basic low tier units but recruitment buildings would add the relavent units so you could have much stronger than average garrisons depending on the buildings you put in.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just had a massive battle for Sjoktraken, lost my entire stack but got it. It was literally down to the last man, I had Katrin left with 1 unit of ice guard and they had some trash units. Next turn as I begin recruitment, Kugath turns up to siege it with 3 full stacks. That was a nice surprise. Iceguards are so drat good, even in melee they are decent. War sleds are good but I have had trouble using them in sieges.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Alright I beat Elden Ring, have CA addressed any of the big problems yet?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

AnEdgelord posted:

They released a small bugfix patch which required a lot of people to redownload the entire game and also broke pre-patch saves.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kanos posted:

They released a small bugfix patch which required a lot of people to redownload the entire game and also broke pre-patch saves.

poo poo, I wanted to finish that skarbrand campaign

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

And it was only a stability fix, no gameplay issues addressed.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Oh well, guess Ill just have to play elden ring again

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

AnEdgelord posted:

There's another stability patch coming in a few days but the first major gameplay patch is releasing in April. They said they're making some changes to the realms, traits, faction balance, etc.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have some saves from before the patch, and they work fine. Guess I’m just lucky.

I’m nearing the endgame of my first campaign, VH/N using Slaanesh. I got the warning for the fourth roar, and I’m the only faction with three souls. Just gotta make sure I’m in a good position and go into Slaanesh’s realm first. Devotee armies are busted as hell.

I removed Skarbrand from the board. N’kari can take down Skarbrand decently if you blow N’kari cooldown abilities and Slaanesh and Shadow defense debuffing spells on him. I feel like I’ve had a harder time facing Exalted Lords of Change than Bloodthirsters. Anyone know what’s up with that? Ward save? Fussy animations?

The Regukar Keeper of Secret’s voice is so much better than N’Kari’s.

Has anyone gotten the 10 military alliances achievement? I thought a Cathayan faction might be good for it, since you can meet so many potential friends with caravans, but now I think Slaanesh might work for that too. I somehow got extremely high seduction ratings on every Norscan faction without even trying. I suppose if I’m more proactive sending out agents to chaos factions to the east it could work. I think it’s too late for that in my current campaign, as I’ve confederated one faction, some Norscans have been eliminated by the Ice Court juggernaut.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 13, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I have a Slaanesh rebel army of like 15 snoot dootler cavalry in it and I'm laughing to myself about what a bloodbath it's gonna be with that army trying to take on a T3 walled major settlement.

Good advice on spamming invocation of Ursun, as it can really shut down AI armies that switch to raiding and have to break off sieges prematurely.

Has anyone seen this "hot springs" badland map? It's hilarious, the only way to get to the opponents side is these two causeways and it's not super obvious what parts are impassible. I had a desperate fight vs Ogres I thought would be a suicide run but since the ogres couldn't really flank me they got devastated by massed ranged fire. I didn't even have the most optimal army and half their units were silver chevron gorgers but I still managed a pyrrhic victory.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
My current theory for 10 mil alliances is to fight your way down the Norscan peninsulas after they get wrecked by Kislev and to "revive as Vassal" as many factions as you can. It seems absurdly hard to keep ten minors that are close to you and willing to work with you alive past turn 50.

Or you could play on Easy campaign difficulty and rampage around babysitting and growing 10 neighbors.

Dr Christmas posted:

The Regukar Keeper of Secret’s voice is so much better than N’Kari’s.

I love N'kari's spell cast lines, especially when his angryroused shriek comes up if you're using Lash of Slaanesh. FAAAANTAAAZZZMAGOORRRIIIAAAA

Panfilo posted:

Has anyone seen this "hot springs" badland map? It's hilarious, the only way to get to the opponents side is these two causeways and it's not super obvious what parts are impassible. I had a desperate fight vs Ogres I thought would be a suicide run but since the ogres couldn't really flank me they got devastated by massed ranged fire. I didn't even have the most optimal army and half their units were silver chevron gorgers but I still managed a pyrrhic victory.

There's a few non-camp Ogre maps that are absolutely ridiculous for this. The wrong army trying to path through the coiled miles of straight line paths will neuter itself into oblivion.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 13, 2022

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Onmi posted:

So messing about with Katarin again, I'm becoming a very large proponent of being very proactive with her threats. I think the biggest challenges she faces is the inevitable Skrag wave and the Daemon Prince loving about with Bowelsteep. Rather than let that happen, I took the first portal down to Skrag's territory to stomp him the gently caress out immediately. with no real threat from the south (Vampires are a 50/50 of actually becoming a threat) you can feel safe and profitable with your southern trade.

The other benefit is this is Skrag before Gougers or other poo poo start getting in his armies. Being able to wipe out his Ogre Bull stacks in the first 40 turns basically leaves you with one less threat to deal with in the future. I think the Daemon Prince is one you also want to stomp out very early on before he devotes himself to nurgle and removing him becomes a soul crushing experience. This is also two-fold. Stomping out Skrag gives you some territory unlikely to be attacked with plenty of homeland security while stomping the Daemon Prince gives you an FoB for handling the rest of the frozen wastes.

Knocking over hellpit asap is a good idea too

I got the 10 mil alliances with Kislev naturally, all the non demon factions loved me from fight all of the demon armies constantly

This was on normal though so your mileage may vary

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Alctel posted:

Knocking over hellpit asap is a good idea too

I got the 10 mil alliances with Kislev naturally, all the non demon factions loved me from fight all of the demon armies constantly

This was on normal though so your mileage may vary

Hellpit can be a problem, but I've honestly never had a major issue with them around. They're not very expansive, so if you just manage them like your other threats, they'll be no problem. The Daemon Prince can be a massive pain due to Nurgle plagues and Skrag can rip your rear end and apply a lot of pressure in the late game. Putting Skrag down ensures the health of the Empire and a steady stream of cash from there while removing a future threat. Same for the prince.

My position for Moulder is "If you can get them before the portals, do it, if you can't, don't stress."

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I believe I've seen screenshot here of a more egregious version of this phenomenon posted before, but lol:

To be clear, the one Herald doesn't have to wait for the garrison to reinforce him in this situation.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 13, 2022

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Had Skrag get the level 3 version of the Nurgle Realm trait and then after exiting the portal some plagued Demon Prince stack just suicides against him but gives his stack the plague in the process. TEN (10) turns of attrition with no recourse. God drat.

Do Ogres really have to built the stupid Skaven discoverability building to be able to remove Chaos traits at all? Since every city you conquer becomes a minor it doesn't appear to get the inbuilt trait removal that province capitals normally get.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Ojetor posted:

Had Skrag get the level 3 version of the Nurgle Realm trait and then after exiting the portal some plagued Demon Prince stack just suicides against him but gives his stack the plague in the process. TEN (10) turns of attrition with no recourse. God drat.

Do Ogres really have to built the stupid Skaven discoverability building to be able to remove Chaos traits at all? Since every city you conquer becomes a minor it doesn't appear to get the inbuilt trait removal that province capitals normally get.

It doesn't matter if it's a "minor" settlement or not, the first settlement on the region bar should still be marked as a region capital. I've removed plenty of Chaos traits with region capitols as Greasus.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
I've noticed the AI relentlessly picks on lords and heroes with archers (hey it's just like empire earth), so if you need to get rid of a couple lords (eg while that upkeep bug is still a thing) pick a fight with the wood elves. I did an ambush battle and my nurgle herald and plague hero were half-dead within 10 seconds, neither survived the battle when small bands of like 12 archers rallied and immediately ran back to pepper a few more arrows at the guys :(

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Onmi posted:

Hellpit can be a problem, but I've honestly never had a major issue with them around. They're not very expansive, so if you just manage them like your other threats, they'll be no problem. The Daemon Prince can be a massive pain due to Nurgle plagues and Skrag can rip your rear end and apply a lot of pressure in the late game. Putting Skrag down ensures the health of the Empire and a steady stream of cash from there while removing a future threat. Same for the prince.

My position for Moulder is "If you can get them before the portals, do it, if you can't, don't stress."

My take on Hellpit as Kislev is that among other things it's a single settlement province. It's a free half-Ataman for a province that doesn't need one and deals with a potential enemy - and means that you can have Kislev, Praag, the Eastern Oblast, and Hellpit. And you don't have to go very far out of your way to deal with the inevitable gate. Just take it and be done.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

neonchameleon posted:

My take on Hellpit as Kislev is that among other things it's a single settlement province. It's a free half-Ataman for a province that doesn't need one and deals with a potential enemy - and means that you can have Kislev, Praag, the Eastern Oblast, and Hellpit. And you don't have to go very far out of your way to deal with the inevitable gate. Just take it and be done.
It is definitely worth keeping if you want it for the half-Ataman. I saw, but havent tried, the idea of gifting it to Kraka Drak for guaranteed dwarf allies which seemed like a great idea too. It's not like it's worth anything but the half-Ataman and the exotic animal trade resource.

E: also skaven only get more annoying over time. Kill them early. Throt has a decent defeat trait but it isn't worth farming.

E2: also note that if you lose a province to drop to an odd number you dont lose an already deployed Ataman.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 13, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

neonchameleon posted:

Agreed 100%. Its orange (for non-Boris Kislev) so its not a big deal if you lose it, but its a nice bit of ablative armor that also has exotic animals too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Is slaanesh bugged at the moment? I went to war with a nurgle faction and got a reduction in replenishment due to nurgle corruption and now my armies are replenishing so slowly I basically can't progress anymore. It takes like 5-6 turns to replenish 20% of a units healthbar. What the gently caress is this