Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Same, did that poo poo on story and cant imagine the frustration of the last challenge on anything beyond easy/normal because you just get absolutely no respite between a giant and a fast hell-dog. Not my favourite way to fight machines but was worth plowing though on reduced difficulty for the OP gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Getting close to beating the Slitherfang in arena. I completely forgot that ice state/plasma state increase impact dmg, that helped me almost kill him. I should get him tomorrow hopefully. Arena and hunting lodge is the only side poo poo activity non quests I will do.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How bad are the melee pits, they're the only side content I haven't done yet and I've seen a lot of people in here complain about them

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm I feel at the end of the game I'm at the quest Singularity , which I think is close to the last quest. I'm kind of disappointed that they give you a flying mount so late in the game. I've done I feel all the side quests? I'm not sure I'm now traveling to different locations to see if I missed any quests.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How bad are the melee pits, they're the only side content I haven't done yet and I've seen a lot of people in here complain about them

They vary wildly between the easiest content in the game and super difficult, the one at the Bulwark is particularly annoying.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Well that doesn't sound fun

Also, I finally got the Skykiller and fully upgraded, it actually does less explosive damage than the Vindicator Spike Thrower which was my workhorse for the latter half of the game but it has 2 more coil slots so it does end up beating it out and getting 520+ explosive damage with the explosive damage coils I have (only have four +12% ones, not even sure if I got them randomly from chests or large machines, pretty sure it wasn't from vendors). I do miss having impact spikes though

Another similar situation is with Forgefall and Regalla's sharpshoot bow where the latter does more damage and less tear but the extra coil slots mean you can slap on stealth damage or long range damage or just more impact

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Hollismason posted:

I'm I feel at the end of the game I'm at the quest Singularity , which I think is close to the last quest. I'm kind of disappointed that they give you a flying mount so late in the game. I've done I feel all the side quests? I'm not sure I'm now traveling to different locations to see if I missed any quests.
There's several that you shouldn't be able to complete until you get the Sunwing, so you might want to check for those.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Hollismason posted:

A couple of sidequests require the flying mount and can only be progressed after "Wings of the ten" .

Centzon Totochtin posted:

For me it was the combo challenges in Thornmarsh that were most tricky to input and i had better luck following these instructions than the in-game instructions.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/122641-the-enduring-fair-warning-on-the-thornmarsh-melee-pit/

What coils do you all like to use on your bows?

After some farming rounds, upgrading legendary gear is a bit excsessive :(

And it is always the same components from the very toughest machines. Wouldnt mind if they threw in some of the mid-sized machines in there for variety, presumably haephastus uses quality parts for those too.
edit: i mean i get it, tough machines for big rewards, but still..

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 13, 2022

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Are the arena fights supposed to end as soon as you've killed all the machines, or is there something you're supposed to do to actively complete the challenge? The one time I tried the arena I killed everything, but the timer kept going and I couldn't find any way to exit the arena so I had to abandon the challenge.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

JavaJesus posted:

Are the arena fights supposed to end as soon as you've killed all the machines, or is there something you're supposed to do to actively complete the challenge? The one time I tried the arena I killed everything, but the timer kept going and I couldn't find any way to exit the arena so I had to abandon the challenge.
I think that's a bug, I've had that happen once too. When you start the match new objectives should appear to kill all machines, but the one time it bugged out it just stayed on the current mission I had selected.

Falukorv posted:

What coils do you all like to use on your bows?
I was asking about these earlier and just decided to try them out, but the X% chance to instantly induce an elemental state ones are fun, particularly on something with a high rate of fire. I slapped an acid and fire one on a hunter bow and it's pretty fun to turn a Stormbird corrosive with a single shot.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 13, 2022

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

JavaJesus posted:

Yes it should end as soon as the last machine is slayed.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Lord Hydronium posted:

There's several that you shouldn't be able to complete until you get the Sunwing, so you might want to check for those.

Yeah I got Go to the mountain top , go find the rebels outpost that fled , however I don't see any others that are requiring it just those two

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I got Go to the mountain top , go find the rebels outpost that fled , however I don't see any others that are requiring it just those two
There's one you can get in Legacy's Landfall as well. There's two women on the ship who will give it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Lord Hydronium posted:

There's one you can get in Legacy's Landfall as well. There's two women on the ship who will give it.

Oh yeah I got that one so three total and I got a trophy for it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Melee pit is useless unless you want the +1 spear dmg or trophy. Best items are locked behind arena rewards.

Finally got the Slitherfang, that poo poo gets easier once you know his moves, the only issue is time. Also how loving broken is Knockback shot, its 3 hits knocked down on any machine. The critical hit is never worth vs larger enemies, its better to just hit all their weak points if you get them in 2 elemental status they basically self implode. I didn't have knockback but in the arena they change your loadout, I definitely need to get it. It seems very clutch for 1v1s.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Also this game is so drat good looking, just look at the stars at night is a breathtaking and you just want to stop to look at it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fighting Slitherfangs confuses me. I have zero idea how you dodge the attack where they swing their whole body around - it covers *way* too much space for you to dodge.

I just fought the one for the final Amateur arena fight and *barely* won, but it was sheer attrition because I had no way (that I could figure out, at least) to dodge its attacks. In the wild you can at least use surrounding terrain, but not in the arena.

edit: At least the ones where I can bring my own gear have been pretty easy so far, since I can just go hog wild with my explosives and traps

edit2: What would people recommend I first spend arena medals on? I'm not sure if I'll be able to actually get them all, so might need to be choosy. I'm a little more interested in a weapon; my Tenakth Vindicator armor seems pretty fine for now, and if I had to choose one of these armors it'd probably be the Carja Stalker Elite (both because it looks neat, and because the extra stealth and trap stuff seems to offer the most noticeable differences in gameplay - I feel like I have enough Concentration that I don't need the extra offered by the Nora Thunder Warrior armor)

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 13, 2022

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can dodge the Slitherfang’s sweep. They have two melee attacks they like to do from a distance, one that’s just a single charge, and the other with that followup sweep that you need to roll out of with a very short delay. You can also dodge the lightning zap if you tap roll as soon as you see the beam travel. Aloy gets i-frames on her dodge so you can get out of many implausible looking attacks in this game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You can dodge the Slitherfang’s sweep. They have two melee attacks they like to do from a distance, one that’s just a single charge, and the other with that followup sweep that you need to roll out of with a very short delay. You can also dodge the lightning zap if you tap roll as soon as you see the beam travel. Aloy gets i-frames on her dodge so you can get out of many implausible looking attacks in this game.

How do you roll out of the follow-up sweep? Or are you referring to doing some i-frames thing?

edit: Oh jeez, the next fight is against 2x Snapmaw and 1x Tideripper with supplied equipment. I can't just put down my Elite Blast Traps :( (edit2: This actually wasn't so bad since everything is super weak to electricity)

Btw do you get to keep stuff you loot in the arena? I know you can loot it, but I'm wondering if it resets that like it does your equipment

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 13, 2022

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I’m saying that if you wait a natural half-second before rolling again, you should be able to avoid the sweep attack entirely.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Thinking on it a bit, Forbidden West's story is kind of a dud overall. The individual parts are excellent on their own merits, especially things like Hidden Ember that's a whole wonderful little thing to itself, but as a whole not a whole lot is really achieved.

The initial impetus is "Restore GAIA, save the collapsing biome", which progresses to encountering Far Zenith and getting the GAIA kernel and... that's largely the last we see of Far Zenith ANYTHING for most of the game. Or Sylens, for that matter. From there we get to The Base and a charge of "Find the subsystems", which breaks any real progress possible because they're nonlinear chapters playable in any order, so we're kinda lucky to get the Beta Rescue mission in there after the first one for SOME kind of plot progression.

Those subsystem retrievals run the bulk of the game, so there's no real arching story happening for most of your playtime unlike Zero Dawn, and when you do get back into a linear story path with Wings of the Ten it's now potentially 30+ hours later in gameplay. And then a rush into GEMINI, Singularity, and an ending that parks the story functionally at the same point it was 30+ hours ago (We have some subsystems, but not the one we REALLY need, still gotta save the biome from collapse in several months time), and a new looming threat added in at the last five minutes for Horizon 3 that completely overshadows the Far Zenith characters in the plot to the point their supposed actions and goal make zero sense.

I get "We want to reset the biome for our own capitalist paradise without tribal scum running around underfoot" for general moustache-twirling evilness, but it makes zero sense in light of "Oh, actually Earth is a waypoint to resupply on resources, before we peace the gently caress OUT to escape from Nemesis". If the real goal is to get a copy of GAIA and use it to terraform a new planet elsewhere, you'd think they'd peace the hell out on the Odyssey once they nab Beta and GAIA compile GAIA enroute to wherever.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Ytlaya posted:

Btw do you get to keep stuff you loot in the arena? I know you can loot it, but I'm wondering if it resets that like it does your equipment

I tested it, you don't get to keep anything.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They cover a couple of your points pretty succinctly and you even already posted the answer to one of them:

they didn't instantly peace out because they wanted more supplies, plus their optimal escape vector hadn't been calculated yet. They also assumed you were absolutely zero threat to them so why hurry to leave when they know where Nemesis is?

As far as the Biosphere goes, a post game convo reveals that with the other subfunctions back GAIA can stabilize the biosphere in about a year, though she still needs HEPHASTUS toactually get around to fixing everything, there's no end of the world issue from it anymore

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I just finished took me 70+ hours and I didn't even finish every sidequest!

I like HFBW even better than the orginal. I liked that there were a party of friends this time and the setting of the western US was more interesting and relatable than the Midwest US of the last game.

Only disappointment is that you can't actually climb the ruins of the Golden Gate Bridge. I was looking forward to that the whole game and when you finally get there can't do much. At least at the end you can fly by though.

Also one little thing that an annoying part of me brain keeps reminding me is there is no way most of anything would be left 1000 years from now.

All the buildings and skyscrappers would have rusted and fell apart on themselves in 100 years. 1000 years nothing would be left but dust.With the exception of a few bunkers.

I know it's a game but the bad part of my brain that hates fun had to keep reminding me of that. I think because it takes place in an area I live near and I'm familiar with.US construction will not last 5 years without maintenance much less 1000!
:goonsay:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IcePhoenix posted:

They cover a couple of your points pretty succinctly and you even already posted the answer to one of them:

they didn't instantly peace out because they wanted more supplies, plus their optimal escape vector hadn't been calculated yet. They also assumed you were absolutely zero threat to them so why hurry to leave when they know where Nemesis is?

As far as the Biosphere goes, a post game convo reveals that with the other subfunctions back GAIA can stabilize the biosphere in about a year, though she still needs HEPHASTUS to actually get around to fixing everything, there's no end of the world issue from it anymore

I missed the optimum escape vector bit, as I understood it I thought the plan was just pick a random direction and just go though? Also as for supplies, Tilda sure seemed to think they had sufficient supplies at the end of the game. Granted that could be just for two people instead of a dozen of course.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

By the end of the game it becomes clear that the Zeniths didn't really understand GAIA or even if it would work, most of the technology they used to get the Sirius colony up and running was either poached from long-dead Zero Dawn scientists or developed by the FZ members they abandoned. They didn't even know where to find the GAIA kernel until Sylens pinged them, after which point they were probably fumbling around in the dark some more trying to locate the other missing subordinate functions.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Fighting Slitherfangs confuses me. I have zero idea how you dodge the attack where they swing their whole body around - it covers *way* too much space for you to dodge.

I just fought the one for the final Amateur arena fight and *barely* won, but it was sheer attrition because I had no way (that I could figure out, at least) to dodge its attacks. In the wild you can at least use surrounding terrain, but not in the arena.

edit: At least the ones where I can bring my own gear have been pretty easy so far, since I can just go hog wild with my explosives and traps

edit2: What would people recommend I first spend arena medals on? I'm not sure if I'll be able to actually get them all, so might need to be choosy. I'm a little more interested in a weapon; my Tenakth Vindicator armor seems pretty fine for now, and if I had to choose one of these armors it'd probably be the Carja Stalker Elite (both because it looks neat, and because the extra stealth and trap stuff seems to offer the most noticeable differences in gameplay - I feel like I have enough Concentration that I don't need the extra offered by the Nora Thunder Warrior armor)

I ran out of metal shards fighting Slitherfang, I had to do a manual save so I could retry incase I lost all my money. This was on very hard but should apply to you, arena is definitely harder due to time limit and different loadout you might not be accustomed.

-At start of fight just put fire tripwires and explosives, you can wait for him to do an attack then put some or smokeball before he attacks then put it. Put him on burnstate, use some spikes they have good base dmg to knock off little health. With these 2 you should get atleast 15-25% of his health.
-For his tail attack you need to have space behind you, run backwards when he is close to you start rolling backward even more because he swipes twice and the 2nd one reaches further but it reaches more to the sides than straightforward.
-His head lunge run/roll to the side if you have tripwires, explosive traps, you can stop any follow up as he will get a recoil animation after hitting explosive or if he goes into burn state.
- To finish him off easiest way to do dmg is to poison the slitherfang and apply plasma state which increases impact arrow. This is easy after I fought him a million times, you need to concentration/slowmo hit his neck, put on knockback, 3 knockback shots = downed/critical state for snake. keep hitting his weakpoints and wait for stamina to regen, you need 6 knockback shots to down him twice which is enough to kill him. When he is downed switch to plasma boltblaster to trigger that component, you should have time to quickly change to poison arrow and hit any green component on him. The poison will do insane damage over time and switch to impact arrows start shooting.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 13, 2022

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
drat I got the Enduring as a errand and I really wanna finish off these melee pits but I'm so loving bad at this game when it comes to hand to hand.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Okay, game finished.

The story definitely didn't reach the heights of the original for me - it's (much) better than the tribal parts of the first game, but it kind of feels like any other "good" story. It seems like the Zeniths/Beta and then the Nemesis reveal are attempts to raise the same kind of "holy gently caress" moments in the creeping revelations of what happened to the world that we got in the first game, but the Zeniths are discussed and explained too quickly and then Nemesis is basically just a sequel hook dropped at the end.

It's nice they didn't just write HADES 2: The Revengening but I think a better way to do that would have been more Zenith politics. Tilda popping up towards the end was cool but aside from that they're basically just guys who pop up, cackle a bit, do something bad so we know they're evil and then gently caress off again. I am curious, were there hints I missed about Nemesis or what they were really after up until it was actually revealed? I pretty much took it at face value that Beta was right about their plan, but maybe there's uncertainty and clues that I missed.

edit: oh I also forgot to add, Singularity is an incredible mission. The Slaughterspine army, Zo killing Erik, the Specter Prime fight, the absolutely stunning scenery and level design, the whole thing. It completely sold me on the Zenith aesthetic, which I'd kind of felt hadn't quite worked up to that point, but it turned out what it really needed was to be presented in all it's majesty rather than some dude floating glinting completely in contrast to literally everything else.

That said, outside the big saving the world plot, there's a lot to like. The Tenakth and Utaru feel much more fleshed out and interesting than the relatively one dimensional tribes in the first game. Zo is a fantastic character, and I love Kotallo and Alva as well. Varl's death genuinely shocked me. The writing and acting is good enough to keep the side quests and errands compelling, even when they're essentially fetch quests.

My guess for DLC is heading to this burning shores place to recapture HEPHAESTUS. Maybe Vast Silver will make an appearance (did that get a mention in any of the logs I might have missed?). My sequel theory is heading over to the Quen homelands to depose the authoritarian Emperor and hopefully draw on their extensive archive of forbidden knowledge to find something to use against Nemesis. I also hope we get to slap Sylens, even if he does end the game marginally less of a bastard.

Gameplay wise, I feel like it's two steps foward one step back. The increased weapon variety is great, but hampered by the grindy upgrade system everyone's complained about. The glider is great, but before you get to do that you usually have to climb, and god forbid Aloy ever be able to find a handhold six inches from the last one when she has the option of yeeting herself into oblivion or just staying superglued to whatever she's on at that moment. The flying mount is cool, but they give it to you way too late. The other thing that really irked me was interact prompts being too tight in when the present themselves - the number of times I hit circle and wasn't quite up against the right spot of the bonfire so just rolling over it...

It's a brilliant looking game too, even on PS4, and I know others had problems but I only had two serious bugs in my 60-ish hours.

All in all, it's not as good as Zero Dawn for me (which is a serious contender for my favourite game ever) but it's still really, really good. Now on to Elden Ring.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 13, 2022

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That Burden of Command quest is complete bullshit:fighting a thunderjaw is challenging enough, but when I finally gets some damage done a loving stormbird crashes the party. Even on "story" difficulty that's wack.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alhazred posted:

That Burden of Command quest is complete bullshit:fighting a thunderjaw is challenging enough, but when I finally gets some damage done a loving stormbird crashes the party. Even on "story" difficulty that's wack.

Smokebomb, hide, override the Thunderjaw.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Alhazred posted:

I was way underleveled when I started that one. Somehow managed to cheese the Thunderjaw down, but had to run away and level up a bunch before coming back to finish the Stormbird. "Sorry kid, hang tight and I'll see you in a couple weeks!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
For Burden of Command I killed the Thunderjaw and then the Stormbird showed up and I didn't really have a big issue with it. Stormbirds are easier to fight in this game than the last one i thought

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

My guess for DLC is heading to this burning shores place to recapture HEPHAESTUS. Maybe Vast Silver will make an appearance (did that get a mention in any of the logs I might have missed?). My sequel theory is heading over to the Quen homelands to depose the authoritarian Emperor and hopefully draw on their extensive archive of forbidden knowledge to find something to use against Nemesis. I also hope we get to slap Sylens, even if he does end the game marginally less of a bastard.

Vast Silver is mentioned in the datapoints and very conspicuously too. The last discoverable world datapoint entry is a chatlog between two scientists theorizing that VS was never really captured and dismantled as once claimed. Past Silver. Curiously the final line ends with the sentence "if you wanna talk to the singularity" which shares the same name as the final story mission. "Odyssey Ready?" was the last world datapoint in Zero Dawn so I think this is all very intentionally pointing toward Vast Silver factoring heavily into the third game.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really must be missing a lot of datapoints or something because I haven't found that many

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Deformed Church posted:

Okay, game finished.

The story definitely didn't reach the heights of the original for me - it's (much) better than the tribal parts of the first game, but it kind of feels like any other "good" story. It seems like the Zeniths/Beta and then the Nemesis reveal are attempts to raise the same kind of "holy gently caress" moments in the creeping revelations of what happened to the world that we got in the first game, but the Zeniths are discussed and explained too quickly and then Nemesis is basically just a sequel hook dropped at the end.

It's nice they didn't just write HADES 2: The Revengening but I think a better way to do that would have been more Zenith politics. Tilda popping up towards the end was cool but aside from that they're basically just guys who pop up, cackle a bit, do something bad so we know they're evil and then gently caress off again. I am curious, were there hints I missed about Nemesis or what they were really after up until it was actually revealed? I pretty much took it at face value that Beta was right about their plan, but maybe there's uncertainty and clues that I missed.

edit: oh I also forgot to add, Singularity is an incredible mission. The Slaughterspine army, Zo killing Erik, the Specter Prime fight, the absolutely stunning scenery and level design, the whole thing. It completely sold me on the Zenith aesthetic, which I'd kind of felt hadn't quite worked up to that point, but it turned out what it really needed was to be presented in all it's majesty rather than some dude floating glinting completely in contrast to literally everything else.

That said, outside the big saving the world plot, there's a lot to like. The Tenakth and Utaru feel much more fleshed out and interesting than the relatively one dimensional tribes in the first game. Zo is a fantastic character, and I love Kotallo and Alva as well. Varl's death genuinely shocked me. The writing and acting is good enough to keep the side quests and errands compelling, even when they're essentially fetch quests.

Gameplay wise, I feel like it's two steps foward one step back. The increased weapon variety is great, but hampered by the grindy upgrade system everyone's complained about. The glider is great, but before you get to do that you usually have to climb, and god forbid Aloy ever be able to find a handhold six inches from the last one when she has the option of yeeting herself into oblivion or just staying superglued to whatever she's on at that moment. The flying mount iso cool, but they give it to you way too late. The other thing that really irked me was interact prompts being too tight in when the present themselves - the number of times I hit circle and wasn't quite up against the right spot of the bonfire so just rolling over it...

It's a brilliant looking game too, even on PS4, and I know others had problems but I only had two serious bugs in my 60-ish hours.

All in all, it's not as good as Zero Dawn for me (which is a serious contender for my favourite game ever) but it's still really, really good. Now on to Elden Ring.

Burning Shores would also be a nice thematic contrast to Frozen Wilds. I doubt HAEPHESTUS is the DLC goal though, because it'll probably be an accessible-anytime thing like FW was. Also HAEPHESTUS needs to stay rogue so there's rogue machines in Horizon 3 to fight.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is there anything like the Shield armor in the game? Like the first game that was the best armor?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There's nothing that's de facto "the best" although for the way most people will play the game, the Nora Thunder set from the arena has probably the most well-balanced composition of stats and skill perks.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
lol I was just running and somehow clipped inside of an invisible tree that then rendered around me, trapping me. Had to fast travel out of it.

This game, sheesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

exquisite tea posted:

Vast Silver is mentioned in the datapoints and very conspicuously too. The last discoverable world datapoint entry is a chatlog between two scientists theorizing that VS was never really captured and dismantled as once claimed. Past Silver. Curiously the final line ends with the sentence "if you wanna talk to the singularity" which shares the same name as the final story mission. "Odyssey Ready?" was the last world datapoint in Zero Dawn so I think this is all very intentionally pointing toward Vast Silver factoring heavily into the third game.

Thanks. I definitely missed a bunch of world datapoints so yeah it checks out all the important information was in those :v:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Burning Shores would also be a nice thematic contrast to Frozen Wilds. I doubt HAEPHESTUS is the DLC goal though, because it'll probably be an accessible-anytime thing like FW was. Also HAEPHESTUS needs to stay rogue so there's rogue machines in Horizon 3 to fight.

True about the accessibility thing, but I'm not sure it needs to stay rogue. It would be awkward to be in the third game having basically the same point as the second, and I'm also not sure it needs a time pressure beyond Nemesis' arrival. Maybe Nemesis, the extra advanced murder AI, can just start hijacking cauldrons once it gets a bit closer?