Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Homeless Friend posted:

i cant focus on these words, my eyes just slide off

Newtypes will never be as cool as Gutts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Newtypes will never be as cool as Gutts

no one will ever be as cool as guts.

also it’s just 1 t

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's hosed up how in Gundam 0080 they put a salmon colored gelgoog in one scene where it kicks everyone's rear end and then they expect me not to think it's a cameo by char.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/jakewyattriot/status/1502877091037032451?s=21

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

kamille is my favorite gundam pilot

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

I can read it in his voice christ

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
What is "doggo + brick" is what I wanna know

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kamille is a unisex french name. Have you seen Camille Saint-Saens' glorious beard?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camille_Saint-Sa%C3%ABns

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Orb Crabmelt posted:

What is "doggo + brick" is what I wanna know

it would make a great anime

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Oh yeah that person who wanted shows with fighting should watch pui pui molcar

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Speaking of Pui Pui Molcar
Take Your Nendoroids for a Ride in a PUI PUI Molcar Nendo

quote:

A posable PUI PUI Molcar Nendoroid is now avaiable for pre-order, depicting the timid Shiromo. The lettuce-loving guinea pig car first appeared in the series as a getaway car for a bank robber. The props included with the Nendo let you recreate moments from that episode — including alternate sad eyes, a bank robber mask, a medal of courage, and a big piece of lettuce.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ive got the stream for discotek's license announcements open on another monitor and i dont even know why

we're never getting a proper release of Monster in the US, are we :smith:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
lotta bimbofication stories coming out in the last couple years :thunkher:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

such as?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Haha yeah... What if you started on HRT... Lol... Just a joke....

Unless.... 🥚🐣

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There's at least a couple fantasy anime this season about being transitioned against your will. One of them's about a guy who is incel with a best friend who is volcel, but the incel guy turns into the best friend's ideal woman after being Isekai'd.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
anime plots are catching up with 2000s era webcomics

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's at least a couple fantasy anime this season about being transitioned against your will. One of them's about a guy who is incel with a best friend who is volcel, but the incel guy turns into the best friend's ideal woman after being Isekai'd.

What are the titles?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

What are the titles?

I don't remember lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. gonna have to look 'em up

I Want to be a Woman | Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPMK3z480GI

Ok I got the hook only slightly wrong on this one. The incel is turned into his own ideal woman, while the volcel is cursed to be romantically infatuated with her.

I'm actually having a lot of trouble finding the other one, because it's not technically an isekai. It's about an old man who's a god tier wizard that ends up reincarnating as a young girl. Somebody ITT is gonna recognize what I mean.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 22:48 on Mar 15, 2022

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't remember lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. gonna have to look 'em up

I Want to be a Woman | Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPMK3z480GI

Ok I got the hook only slightly wrong on this one. The incel is turned into his own ideal woman, while the volcel is cursed to be romantically infatuated with her.

I'm actually having a lot of trouble finding the other one, because it's not technically an isekai. It's about an old man who's a god tier wizard that ends up reincarnating as a young girl. Somebody ITT is gonna recognize what I mean.

She proclaimed herself the wizards apprentice or something along those lines. I've seen it in crunchyroll but haven't watched it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout
Dear President Xi,

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

KomradeX posted:

She proclaimed herself the wizards apprentice or something along those lines. I've seen it in crunchyroll but haven't watched it

https://www.funimation.com/shows/she-professed-herself-pupil-of-the-wise-man/

is it this

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

TenementFunster posted:

Dear President Xi,

You don't need him to transition op

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

tokin opposition posted:

Haha yeah... What if you started on HRT... Lol... Just a joke....

Unless.... 🥚🐣

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the fantasy knockout show after 5 episodes is indeed fun and somewhat reminiscent of konosuba

this wizard show…. no idea. will report back

this kotaro lives alone show Netflix just put up is pretty cute - sometimes a family is a small child and a few randos

wolfs has issued a correction as of 07:51 on Mar 17, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
my thoughts on "Osama Ranking":
  1. Bin Laden

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
apparently the latest episode was creepy as hell but I dropped it on the ‘Koreans are ungrateful for Japanese colonization’ episode

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

1. Bin Laden

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

TenementFunster posted:

1. Child/adult relationship in the latest episode

:(

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Hell yeah I'll rank these kings: Oh wow they're all tied for poo poo

christmas boots posted:

Unless he's proudly striding on over to the guillotine at the dawn of a worker's revolution then I think not!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Interesting discussion going on

https://twitter.com/marinmmillerVO/status/1505365162814967811?t=fFjd87l-mbFqAcEQEUlKWg&s=19

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!
started watching City Hunter

Its pretty cool and wow what an aesthetic but boy this Ryo Saeba is something else huh

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

tenderjerk posted:

Its pretty cool and wow what an aesthetic but boy this Ryo Saeba is something else huh

Just a little excited about mokkori that's all

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

tenderjerk posted:

Ryo Saeba is on the lovely Men In Media List

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

Ryo Saeba is on the lovely Men In Media List

He is held accountable at least

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

net work error posted:

He is held accountable at least

tfw i do a No Growth

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So I'm making my 3rd attempt at reading through Berserk now that I know I won't be hanging on for an ending to the story, and the thing that's stuck out most for me rereading golden age is how the eclipse hits different in a post AoT world. The fact that a very popular manga came out since my last read that basically said "let's take the eclipse, tone it down by like 10%, and make it the baseline status quo of the entire manga" has basically broken my brain. I remember the eclipse being incredibly hard to read my first and second time through but now I'm just like "ok." I've been desensitized to fantasy manga horror I guess.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AoT has the conceit that things aren't completely hopeless since there's a chance of fighting back - so it gets by on a lot of copium. The Eclipse is one of the most singularly unfair story events ever conceived, and the only reason anybody survives it is because of supernatural intervention.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Finished Drifting Classroom and wasn't let down by the ending. Definitely recommend it and considering picking up a the hardcovers.

Looked up Fourteen because it was mentioned here and I heard it's considered a spiritual successor to tDC, but had my mind blown by the concept of Chicken George, the result of a chicken manufacturing plant accident that has studied and learned all human knowledge and uses it to avoid planetary destruction.

I feel like Chicken George is projecting in the last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
That manga about the girl who is often cute but sometimes cool is getting an anime