Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm feeling incredibly stretched for points, and I'm worried I'm starting to nerf myself. My Flame Sling or Black Flame spells are starting to take 2-3 hits to kill some of the stuff I was fighting, and at 14 Mind I can only throw 4 Black Flames before running out of FP, but I'm starting to think I need more than 20 Vigor now that I'm moving into Liurnia of the Lakes. Is 24 Faith reasonable for where I'm at, around level 42? I've been putting points into Dex and End so I could finally use the Winged Scythe (which is awesome) so I'm not sure if my incantation damage is starting to fall off.

Or do I just need to upgrade my seal? I like the lightning spells from the Dragon Cult much more than the flame spells I've gotten so far, so I kinda wanted to wait til I got the Dragon Cult seal, but it looks like that's quite a ways off. Should I just upgrade the Godslayer seal in the meantime? (except now that I think about it, I need to put a few more points into Faith before I can even equip it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
idk about other people but I was under the assumption that you could only use the l2 to get the beam from the weapon during the Rykard fight like Storm Ruler worked, but you can shoot beams with the iirc r2 also, I believe this includes jump and charge attacks, made the fight incredibly easier as soon as I figured that out, I also leveled up the spear to +4. sorry I'm a bit foggy on the details, it's been a few days since I fought him and I was high.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Do you naturally progress to Caelid during the game or do you just clear it out whenever you want after you're warped there?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

idk about other people but I was under the assumption that you could only use the l2 to get the beam from the weapon during the Rykard fight like Storm Ruler worked, but you can shoot beams with the iirc r2 also, I believe this includes jump and charge attacks, made the fight incredibly easier as soon as I figured that out, I also leveled up the spear to +4. sorry I'm a bit foggy on the details, it's been a few days since I fought him and I was high.

Iirc Even R1s get the beam in that fight. I did the same thing exact thing though and it took me a few times to figure out I could jump r2s to victory.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

is there a simple formula to calculate how much max equip load i'll need to stay within medium roll for a specific equipment setup?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Once I read the spear item description and learned that L2 has a follow up attack the fight became cake

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

Late game boss spoilers:

Malenia no damage lvl 1 wretch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tOfAdBvQRQ

He's definitely cheating by using a shield but man the casual walk dodge of the ultra-death attack was so cool, thats amazing. Wh yunequip shield when dodging, does it really make a difference?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

PageMaster posted:

Do you naturally progress to Caelid during the game or do you just clear it out whenever you want after you're warped there?

I’d say Caelid is sometime after clearing out Liurnia and figuring out how to get past the Grand Lift. But really, Caelid always sucks regardless of level - level just helps you kill stuff faster there. It’s worth exploring whenever if you employ the One True Strategy of gently caress it just run.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I think my biggest gripe is that the Roundtable sucks, and you'll probably spend more time in it than any other FromSoft hub area because the game's so big. The mandatory "Did my actions in the game have any effect on the dialogue here?" checks take forever.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

PageMaster posted:

I think people will go there and either brave it, or get scared off. The guy at the roundtable hold told me Radahn was there, so I knew I had to do it eventually, and I did around level 30ish I guess. I ran past most everything.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Vermain posted:

is there a simple formula to calculate how much max equip load i'll need to stay within medium roll for a specific equipment setup?

Medium roll requires you to be under 70% of your max equip weight, so divide your planned weight by .7

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I think I love the Envoys in the capital. They're perfect little spinny boys who go doot.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

hatty posted:

Once I read the spear item description and learned that L2 has a follow up attack the fight became cake

This is probably the biggest piece of the spear's moveset. It does more damage than the initial crashdown from the L2 or a fully-charged R2.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FallenGod posted:

Medium roll requires you to be under 70% of your max equip weight, so divide your planned weight by .7

cool, ty

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You never ever have to go to Caelid to finish the game, but a good bit of side content hinges on it and the most straightforward way to the Atlus Plateau is behind it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Smol posted:

It’s hard to think of ways how they could’ve made the Great Rune system more obtuse lol

They could've made the other runes ever worth using or considering in the slightest so that you might have to engage with the system to see it's weirdness, but instead the first rune they give you is the only one worth considering lol

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
i can't beat this fail rear end game

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

are you asking for a catalog of all the weights of all armor, weapons, talismans, put against your endurance value? I mean it exists in the game already?

If you're going for a cool look with a specific weapon setup just spend a larval tear and make it happen, they aren't that rare.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Steve Yun posted:

20 years ago or so I remember reading that letting American and Japanese players play together online was a problem because the Japanese were so trusting and American players were so untrustworthy

Like, I can’t remember if it was Phantasy Star online, but there was an epidemic of American players saying cool item can I check it out? And the Japanese player would hand over the item and then the American player would log off with the item in possession.

I wonder how they’re doing with all the messages lying to players about illusory walls and jumping off points

God Trusty Patches is an American :allears:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Draga posted:

I think I love the Envoys in the capital. They're perfect little spinny boys who go doot.

Yeah they make me think of the little musicians that play music next to azathoth.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

what is this deeproot i keeep seeing people mention?

Fast thread, someone might have already answered but, in order
1.defeat Radahn, the cutscene shows you something big happened
2.find what happened: it's pretty evident but there's a location hint in the next spoiler - it's in Mistwood, Limgrave
3.explore! there's a bunch of bosses there, Deeproot is behind one of them

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Khanstant posted:

He's definitely cheating by using a shield but man the casual walk dodge of the ultra-death attack was so cool, thats amazing. Wh yunequip shield when dodging, does it really make a difference?

Unequipping the shield doesn't do anything on its own, but he's using Bloodhound's Step to cover extra ground.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

20 years ago or so I remember reading that letting American and Japanese players play together online was a problem because the Japanese were so trusting and American players were so untrustworthy

Like, I can’t remember if it was Phantasy Star online, but there was an epidemic of American players saying cool item can I check it out? And the Japanese player would hand over the item and then the American player would log off with the item in possession.

I wonder how they’re doing with all the messages lying to players about illusory walls and jumping off points

My Japanese co-workers are very, very salty that Americans post "fake wall ahead" and upvote it like crazy.

Try Fingers But Hole doesn't work in Japanese at all so they had to sit and think about it for a while too

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
help me win OPs

https://twitch.tv/epic_core_count

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Finished the game. Out of all the bosses I fought, design wise, I have to admit my favourite was (like 3rd last boss of the game) Zangief. I don't care what the subtitle says, that's Zangief!! Such a good and fun design

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Khanstant posted:

He's definitely cheating by using a shield
:wtc:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Barudak posted:

My Japanese co-workers are very, very salty that Americans post "fake wall ahead" and upvote it like crazy.

Try Fingers But Hole doesn't work in Japanese at all so they had to sit and think about it for a while too

I love hearing about stuff like this. :allears: On the one hand I feel kinda bad cause it’s definitely not something that happens over there, but on the other hand it’s hilarious when the two meet.

Oh, but you can’t tell if something is upvoted or not. The number is only total votes.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

SHISHKABOB posted:

Theres little bits of skull either on top or on the feet that you hit and once you knock off enough the mausoleum sits down and you can do a thing inside it.

Oh wow that's neat :)

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Fire Giant wasn't so tough. But I lost twice near the end simply because giant enemies and fighting on a slope are two things FROM's engine just suck at.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

i need help

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

I think people will go there and either brave it, or get scared off. The guy at the roundtable hold told me Radahn was there, so I knew I had to do it eventually, and I did around level 30ish I guess. I ran past most everything.

I need to kill him anyways so I might just do this then explore it afterwards. Will this lock any side quests or anything if I do it?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Just can. not. find my way to the bottom of stormveil, or the alcatraz place to the west.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Going through the Snow Zone but Is it me or does someone at FROM have a vendetta against giants? seems like every game they're wiped out

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

codo27 posted:

Just can. not. find my way to the bottom of stormveil, or the alcatraz place to the west.
For stormveil you just walk through the courtyard and turn left, you access the pit from ground level.

Alcatraz you can only teleport to from somewhere very far away so hopping around won't get you anywhere.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

With what? Limgrave?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hatty posted:

Going through the Snow Zone but Is it me or does someone at FROM have a vendetta against giants? seems like every game they're wiped out

Can you blame them.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
It's pretty weird that (second to last boss) Godfrey gets stronger when he murders his stand and goes full pro wrestler.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Darke GBF posted:

It's pretty weird that (second to last boss) Godfrey gets stronger when he murders his stand and goes full pro wrestler.

if by weird you mean AWESOME then yes it's pretty weird, beautifully weird even

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

With what? Limgrave?

yes OP kindly direct me in the chat

https://twitch.tv/epic_core_count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, anyone else have 90% of their summons just break and do nothing during the Mohg, lord of blood fight?