Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

40 is 7 years away for one and 14 years away for another. I’d also be wary of assuming Wilson will play til 40. He has taken a lot of abuse over his career and his ability to move isn’t what it once was. Brady broke people expectations about this sort of thing but he (and Brees) were a lot better at keeping their jerseys clean. Wilson also hasn’t been a top tier QB for the last two years.

I mean a lot of this describes Stafford as well and Russ got a higher price. Sure he could go for a super high price but I don't know who Watson waives his no trade clause for and is cool with that team being crippled now that he's there.

The Texans being able to say "only at this price" goes as far as Watson's willingness to play at that team. Just think people are underselling how powerful that no trade could end up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Do like most bucs fans and see where Brady ends up

big heel turn if you're becoming a masshole

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

FizFashizzle posted:

Really need the eagles to do that thing they always do and swoop in out of nowhere.

This is hard to swallow.

https://twitter.com/nat_nfldraft/status/1503029181235539973?s=21

Please don't wish this evil on us.

Gardner Minshew is like a top 16 QB. People saying he's bad just don't like things that start with "f" like "football" or "fun" or "gently caress the Cowboys." Like he's not suddenly gonna be Aaron Rodgers but he's not some dogshit throwman like Darnold.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Quiet Feet posted:

Gardner Minshew is like a top 16 QB. People saying he's bad just don't like things that start with "f" like "football" or "fun" or "gently caress the Cowboys." Like he's not suddenly gonna be Aaron Rodgers but he's not some dogshit throwman like Darnold.

He’s bad.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Quiet Feet posted:

Don't you know? If you don't have a top 5 QB there's no point in playing a season or watching the games or having fun. You should just tank as hard as possible for a lottery ticket.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You know it's the offseason when people have hot takes about Gardner loving Minshew.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hindsight is 20/20, but if the Saints end up trading a bunch of picks and Lattimore for Watson, in the end it would've been way cheaper just to pick Watson instead of Lattimore. Of course they could've moved up one spot and got Mahomes instead but :sigh:.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Really don't think Watsons price will be that high after what we saw will Wilson's.

Unless Tepper goes full moron

Wilson’s much older than Watson though. That’s worth a great amount of value.

3 firsts, a 2nd and Brian Burns would’ve been my guess as to what they’d have to give. Not BOTH their super young super talented defensive studs

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/rpierret/status/1503049983175675915

https://twitter.com/318_jah/status/1503060702466088966

Same bullshit going on at most Saints sites. Similar to all the 2016 anti-Trumpers that were 2017 publicly drinking the kool-aid, they'll be Deshaun fans in no time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wwwwwooooooow.

"Football ain't full of choir boys."

What the gently caress. Yeah, that guy is going to be waving the flag all happy like the second Watson throws a TD for the Saints.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MJeff posted:

Wwwwwooooooow.

"Football ain't full of choir boys."

What the gently caress.

He’s right, it’s apparently full of priests.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SaintsForecast/status/1503075755135324169

Pfffft. What a tool.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Time posted:

He’s bad.

K.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whoever the Colts get is gonna be a roll of the dice so it's just a matter of how much they give up to get the person and making sure they have a backup plan.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/comments/tdd9ap/graziano_seattle_has_checked_in_on_the_situation/

I choose to believe this to the exclusion of all else

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I would just like to say I think Burns is very over valued and I wouldn't be upset if he was part of a package.

I don't think the dude can hold up in the NFL, I think he was mostly exposed as a one trick pony last year, he was constantly taking bad angles and being caught out of position, etc.

sasfreeagent.jpg me whatever, I just don't think he's going to survive as an every down starter in the NFL.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I definitely hope this is true. Do people really think Willis will fall to the 9th pick? It seems like there are a couple of picks before that that need a QB just as bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MrLogan posted:

Yeah, last year really changed the narrative that Matt Stafford is average at best and needs to be carried by the team (?)

Which is a bit silly as Goff made it to the super bowl so it’s not like Stafford dragged them there. But realistically football narratives seem to be pretty silly

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

Which is a bit silly as Goff made it to the super bowl so it’s not like Stafford dragged them there. But realistically football narratives seem to be pretty silly

Goff made it to the super bowl with a stacked roster and one of the best offensive coaches in the league.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

:hmmyes:

Time posted:

He’s bad.

Maybe, but they aren’t likely to get anyone better, and he may be entertaining too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Goff made it to the super bowl with a stacked roster and one of the best offensive coaches in the league.

And? Doesn’t effect my point very much, as my point wasn’t Goff was some great QB. Though lions fans do seem to be talking themselves into him a bit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Goff is fine. He beat the Packers, but really, that's not that impressive.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

Goff is fine. He beat the Packers, but really, that's not that impressive.

But it’s usually pretty hilarious and/or enjoyable.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Lifespan posted:

I definitely hope this is true. Do people really think Willis will fall to the 9th pick? It seems like there are a couple of picks before that that need a QB just as bad.

Willis has Bust written all over him imo. He may have the legs but i read and see in some recaps he doesn't yet have the ability to really move through reads and just bails to play hero ball with his legs at any hint of pressure. That's gonna get him killed RG3 style (who took a lot of hits not counting the fedsx field turf)

Hawks plz just ride out a bridge qb until next year plz

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fartknocker posted:

But it’s usually pretty hilarious and/or enjoyable.

Oh it was definitely that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ0yAM_9eWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdIkHMNjWAo

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Willis has Bust written all over him imo. He may have the legs but i read and see in some recaps he doesn't yet have the ability to really move through reads and just bails to play hero ball with his legs at any hint of pressure. That's gonna get him killed RG3 style (who took a lot of hits not counting the fedsx field turf)

Hawks plz just ride out a bridge qb until next year plz

Josh Allen’s outlier success will be a reign of terror as franchises gamble on raw high upside prospects - and fail to develop those prospects.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Josh Allen’s outlier success will be a reign of terror as franchises gamble on raw high upside prospects - and fail to develop those prospects.

Allen has caused so many analytics nerds to go the complete opposite route they had been on for years. "Completion percentage doesn't improve from college to the pros, so go with the best college QB" to "I don't care he only completed 55% of his passes in the MAC, he is 6'3" and runs a 4.65 40."

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1503098183467114502

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Woozie66 posted:

Allen has caused so many analytics nerds to go the complete opposite route they had been on for years. "Completion percentage doesn't improve from college to the pros, so go with the best college QB" to "I don't care he only completed 55% of his passes in the MAC, he is 6'3" and runs a 4.65 40."

Willis isn’t even an Allen or Herbert style athletic freak. He’s 6’ and 220. He’s more like Jalen Hurts though he’s got a better arm than Hurts and he’s more elusive as a runner.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Brady negotiating his release with the Glazers.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Willis isn’t even an Allen or Herbert style athletic freak. He’s 6’ and 220. He’s more like Jalen Hurts though he’s got a better arm than Hurts and he’s more elusive as a runner.

Good point. And Liberty ain't even Wyoming when it comes to prestige and competition.

Related, what was Willis' story as a recruit? How the hell did he end up at Jerry Falwell U?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
He was an Auburn transfer iirc.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

"one more"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

shirts and skins posted:

He was an Auburn transfer iirc.

Dude that couldn't beat out Bo Nix is a 1st round prospect? Lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dude that couldn't beat out Bo Nix is a 1st round prospect? Lol

Sometimes college coaches are extremely stupid. Alvin Kamara couldn’t get playing time at Tennessee because he was stuck behind Jalen Hurd on the depth chart.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Joe Burrow and Justin Fields were transfers too. It happens.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't care much about Brian Burns but watching the Franchise even propose something this stupid for a rapist makes me wonder if even if the trade doesn't go through if there's any possibility of success with the current regime.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

He’s gonna pull a Jordan on the Wizards. What sad sack team is he going to be able to buy a partial ownership stake of?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

He’s gonna pull a Jordan on the Wizards. What sad sack team is he going to be able to buy a partial ownership stake of?

I think Stephen Ross has already been rumored as offering such a thing, so Miami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

fartknocker posted:

I think Stephen Ross has already been rumored as offering such a thing, so Miami.

The 9ers have TWO QBs they can send back!