Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dabir posted:

I guess for Megaliths, the BLS link would work. I always feel uneasy about leaving that thing out on the field even though targeting and destruction protection is pretty great.

On the other hand, Megaliths can make this idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Holy poo poo!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I don't understand this Silent Gadget deck. Let's take two and a half archtypes and beerslam them so that you'll never have enough support for whichever monsters you wind up with in hand. Also I love the "beware this trap card!" in the match description when the only back row removal is a single feather duster.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

blizzardvizard posted:

Dinosaurs? Yeah half their cards need their main monster zones to be empty so the field spell kinda messes them up

Yeah, Dinosaurs sort of roll them. I haven't actually lost to a Sky Striker deck.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I love how the machine translation hosed up all the verb cases so the descriptions that are supposed to be talking about your opponent's deck all read like instructions on how to play the one you're getting.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

WHY IS THIS LOANER DECK PLAYING SHIELD AND SWORD

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Wait until you see the Yugi vs Atem loaner

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFAo_AniM6g

Huh. I was sure Speed Duels was dead.

Edit: Pre-nerf Middle Age Mechs, Geartown, a solid fusion skill, and UAGG? I think Ancient Gears is a viable deck.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 11, 2022

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Not dead, just on life support.

The Battle City Box was a huge success so they're trying it again.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So this is what it feels like to play a good deck

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Edit: This ain't the anime thread!!!!!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
There's a new Weather Painters solo gate. A new icon, but it requires 200 light/dark and 150 fire/water/earth/air orbs to unlock. No new cards and new decks added. There's also been a banner datamnied for a N/R only event.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Konami, are you busy with something else? Duel Links has gotten more content :P

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If I had to guess, they're probably trying to get all the cards ready to catch Master Duels up to the present all at once, rather than doing so piecemeal or one expansion at a time. Which, if they are, also likely means that they need to lay the groundwork for adding sets that are currently still in R&D.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I do wonder what they're going to do for archtypes that got single cards added for support. Does Trouble Sunny show up in a solo gate? Randomly get added to the pack? Only show up in Master Packs?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

If I had to guess, they're probably trying to get all the cards ready to catch Master Duels up to the present all at once, rather than doing so piecemeal or one expansion at a time. Which, if they are, also likely means that they need to lay the groundwork for adding sets that are currently still in R&D.

Considering they just delayed the end date of the bonus packs to the end of April, I can only imagine this is exactly what's happening.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Ardeem posted:

I do wonder what they're going to do for archtypes that got single cards added for support. Does Trouble Sunny show up in a solo gate? Randomly get added to the pack? Only show up in Master Packs?

Yeah, I've got the same thought. Myutant Mutant is a huge part of that deck, but when it gets added, how do you get it?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Probably a mixture of new secret boxes and having to craft it from the master box

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
In other news, I really need to figure out something remotely resembling a mill deck, because I just managed to accidentally get that win against a Gizmek deck and it was hilarious (he kept trying to keep Orochi on the field, but Kozmo's field presence and destruction just kept being too much for him, and eventually a Maxx C backfired).

Is there a deck that can sort of do that, even if it's only 'dumb gimmick' viable? I saw TheDuelLogs swinging around Empty Jar, is that the only one that can keep up beyond the 'exploit Maxx C with infinite special summons' strategy?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Cleretic posted:

is that the only one that can keep up beyond the 'exploit Maxx C with infinite special summons' strategy?
If it's to win Maxx C challange, maybe try Trickstar to spam summon and then pack hand destruction cards like Trickstar Reincarnation to win or at least ruins some of their key cards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ardeem posted:

Decks that can win Maxx C challenge: Drytron, Synchron, Mayakashi, Six Samurai...

Also Trickstar, Infernity, and I'm pretty sure Speedroids.

If what you specifically want to do is win via milling as your main game plan, the deck you want is Ghostrick.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Funnily enough this just came up in my YouTube recommends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gApWFivj0GI

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The best current mill deck is probably an inferno tempest banish deck featuring necrofaces.

In the future we are getting a dedicated mill deck, but that's still a ways aways.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Julias posted:

The best current mill deck is probably an inferno tempest banish deck featuring necrofaces.

In the future we are getting a dedicated mill deck, but that's still a ways aways.

Can I hear more about either of these? I'm not in the loop on upcoming sets and cards, and your description of the existing mill deck slunds like, honestly, complete word salad; I can only really recognize 'banish'.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Inferno Tempest is a quick-play spell you can activate when you take 3000 or more battle damage in a single battle. It banishes all monsters from both players' decks and graveyards. Necroface is a monster which, when banished, banishes the top 5 cards of both players' decks. So you give your opponent something massive like a kaiju, run a 0 atk monster into it, drop Inferno Tempest, banish your three Necrofaces and pass turn to win the game.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I think Cleretic was asking about hte new arcethypes.

One of which is Mysterune https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Mysterune

They're based on first person RPGs and are built around slamming out your guys from the extra deck immedietly and using there effects for protection while you recycle quick play spells for disruption and milling.

quote:

Spring of the Mysterune
Field Spell:
You can activate "Mysterune" Quick-Play Spell Cards from your hand during your opponent's turn. Once per turn, if you activate a "Mysterune" Quick-Play Spell Card: You can target up to 3 "Mysterune" Quick-Play Spells in your GY; place them on the bottom of the Deck in any order, then draw that many cards.

quote:

Deceit of the Myster Rune
Continuous Spell:
You can only control 1 "Deceit of the Mysterune". Each time a Quick-Play Spell Card is activated: Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck.

Most of your quick play spells disrupt AND mill but you don't get to battle BUT your monsters are really only there to give further protection and searches.

ALSO THEY BANISH not send to GY so you can slap in SOul absorption and Fire Princess to be a huge rear end in a top hat.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 13, 2022

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I was asking about both, actually. And both of them sound absolutely wonderful. gently caress yeah, I want to aggressively play Morrowind at my opponent.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I was asking about both, actually. And both of them sound absolutely wonderful. gently caress yeah, I want to aggressively play Morrowind at my opponent.

It's just disgusting. Very excited for it.I wonder if you could slap in some of the spell counter lords to really accelerate poo poo. you're limited to 1 of each quick spell per turn but there's like 7 of them so you just gotta keep searching.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So this is what my deck looks like right now.

I rebuilt it trimming all the fat, maximising my copies of every consistency booster and cutting down everything else until I hit 37 cards, then I added 3 maxx C in that space and trimmed it down even more to add some more disruption. Only now, I'm not sure if I've trimmed too much, but I still feel like I don't have enough disruption. I've got no Ash Blossom, only one Called by the Grave, only two Dark Ruler which I'm definitely going to need going second. What's a good ratio of hand traps and disruption to use? Could also use suggestions for a link 1 or 2 to get Gallant Granite off the board after I've used its effect, otherwise it's hogging two possible banishes for Block Dragon.

E: Just found Gravity Controller, so don't worry about suggesting links. Dropping Vespenato for it.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 13, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's just disgusting. Very excited for it.I wonder if you could slap in some of the spell counter lords to really accelerate poo poo. you're limited to 1 of each quick spell per turn but there's like 7 of them so you just gotta keep searching.

Yup.
The set it comes in, Tactical masters, is just really off-kilter. The other two decks that come in it are Valiants and Labyrnth.

Valiants is a pendulum deck based on RTS that cares about the monster zone right above the pendulum zones and being moved from zone to zone.

They have a card that searches Senet Switch.

a card that hasnt seen a single reprint since 2006.
(not counting the reprint that comes with this set, naturally)

Labrynth are a Trap-control deck that has supports normal traps, and does most of their work using traps that arent part of their own archetype. their low level monsters all have quick effects that either set a trap card or let you activate it the turn it was set, and you use the several control effects now open to you for interaction.

They're based on the Deception games by Tecmo.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 13, 2022

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/td5hgi/yugioh_ocg_april_2022_banlist/

From the comments:

Newly Forbidden:
Imperial Order (Limited ⇒ Forbidden)
Predaplant Verte Anaconda (Limited ⇒ Forbidden)

Newly Limited:
Water Enchantress of the Temple (Semi-Limited ⇒ Limited)
Fusion Destiny (Forbidden ⇒ Limited)
Rite of Aramesir (Semi-Limited ⇒ Limited)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Harmonizing Magician (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Orcust Harp Horror (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Night Assailant (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Tri-Brigade Fraktall (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
The Beginning of the End (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Branded Opening (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Divine Wind of the Mist Valley (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Pot of Prosperity (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Raigeki (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)

Newly Unlimited:
Altergeist Multifaker (Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
A Hero Lives (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
Memories of Hope (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
Metaverse (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cleretic posted:

Can I hear more about either of these? I'm not in the loop on upcoming sets and cards, and your description of the existing mill deck slunds like, honestly, complete word salad; I can only really recognize 'banish'.

This is a sample deck list, giving you an idea of the skeleton, though I'm sure you could optimize it and put in better tech choices.

Here's an example of how it works

https://m.imgur.com/a/0dMXwSN

And yeah the future deck is the rune deck, though it isn't officially out yet.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've been thinking of the upcoming N/R festival, and I'm strongly considering trying some sort of True Draco control deck for it. You lose Skill Drain and the field spell, along with Dinomight Knight, but the core of the engine is entirely available. You can swap Dreiath III for Dinomight Knight. The only gap I can find in the strategy is that I can't find any good Normal or Rare cards to replace the package of draw spells that most True Draco decks run.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

...Holy poo poo, I already liked what I saw of Labrynth, but hearing this comparison just makes me want to play them even more.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think Cleretic was asking about hte new arcethypes.

One of which is Mysterune https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Mysterune

They're based on first person RPGs and are built around slamming out your guys from the extra deck immedietly and using there effects for protection while you recycle quick play spells for disruption and milling.

Most of your quick play spells disrupt AND mill but you don't get to battle BUT your monsters are really only there to give further protection and searches.

ALSO THEY BANISH not send to GY so you can slap in SOul absorption and Fire Princess to be a huge rear end in a top hat.

Mysterune also work well with Magical Muskets of all things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJhpjfXZ2cY

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

triple sulk posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/td5hgi/yugioh_ocg_april_2022_banlist/

From the comments:

Newly Forbidden:
Imperial Order (Limited ⇒ Forbidden)
Predaplant Verte Anaconda (Limited ⇒ Forbidden)

Newly Limited:
Water Enchantress of the Temple (Semi-Limited ⇒ Limited)
Fusion Destiny (Forbidden ⇒ Limited)
Rite of Aramesir (Semi-Limited ⇒ Limited)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Harmonizing Magician (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Orcust Harp Horror (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Night Assailant (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Tri-Brigade Fraktall (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
The Beginning of the End (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Branded Opening (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Divine Wind of the Mist Valley (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Pot of Prosperity (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Raigeki (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine (Unlimited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity (Limited ⇒ Semi-Limited)

Newly Unlimited:
Altergeist Multifaker (Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
A Hero Lives (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
Memories of Hope (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)
Metaverse (Semi-Limited ⇒ Unlimited)

The Order is no longer Imperial.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm hoping we won't see that ban list for a while in MD because two of my favorite decks are fusion based and use Verte Anaconda pretty heavily.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The MD banlist is years behind already, I wouldn't worry about that.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Mysterune also work well with Magical Muskets of all things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJhpjfXZ2cY

oh gently caress yeah :getin: i already had a magical musket shell just from when i was building a burning abyss deck and they were in the same secret pack, now i have a reason to keep it around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Valiants also seems like it'll be insanely fun. You force your opponent ot play an SRPG in a card game format where you're physically shoving their monsters into the spell/trap zone like they're crystal beasts to brick them up.

Hell on of them acts as a archetype fusion when it's summoned by movement and you can forced that on an opponents turn and one of hte fusions just let's you set an effect monster to any spell/trap zone as a main phase only quick effect.

You just slap their boss monster into the s/t to be a brick.