Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Reddit is tied with Facebook for 'I can't wait for this to be replaced by something else' sentiment among the saner part of it's userbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

wtf is that alternative build some sort of giant robot beaver?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol changing to old. works just fine
https://old.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/tbftwn/creator_viking_boat/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Can I not just repost the pic here?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

esperantinc posted:

That's just Reddit trying to push you to their app on mobile. Loads fine for me on a desktop.

Yeah this is circumventable by putting your phone browser into desktop mode for that page. Or at least it has been for me.

(Twitter's similar bullshit requires copying the address into an incognito mode tab instead.)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The_Doctor posted:

Can I not just repost the pic here?

seems like a mod question, the custom forever has been links but I'd love to see images in the thread instead

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
The current way LEGO handles it (begrudgingly) is that leak discussion and even photos are okay as long as we are not the originator of the leak. Wait until it circulates around a little before you post if you want to be safe, but leak images should be fine to put here. Let's maybe put them in spoiler tags for folks who prefer to wait for reveals.

Edit: to explain, they used to come down on anyone circulating leaked pics at all, and you especially couldn't do it of you were LRFM (LEGO Recognized Fan Media). Ofc, the non LRFM outlets kept doing it anyway, leading to some particularly outspoken LRFM posters like Just2Good complaining that they were missing out on views (and therefore revenue) by not being allowed to even discuss the existence of leaks when the rest of the internet was already talking about it. A number of them quit their LRFM and Ambassador roles, and LEGO relented on the restrictions.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 11, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you do post an image maybe put it on a private site or use unlisted links, imgur and instagram links tend to disappear fast once the lego legal machine starts patrolling.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
More LEGO business to discuss: B&P is now temporarily closed while they update to the merged B&P/PAB system in all regions. Expect "novelty" parts (pieces made for one or two sets, usually printed elements) to not be there when it reopens. They will all be removed for now while LEGO figures out what they want to do about them. Also, for RLUG members, in-store AFOL Days and associated discounts will be ending after the next one. Subsequent AFOL Appreciation Days (the new term) will instead offer an exclusive GWP at a 75 [your currency here] spending threshold.

None of this is great news. We're losing part availability and discounts, and people who didn't or can't join a LUG will start missing exclusives. Even the LEGO insiders in the B&P Discord server were, uh, less than excited to break this news.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bird with big dick posted:

wtf is that alternative build some sort of giant robot beaver?

Fenrir maybe?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Carbohydrates posted:

More LEGO business to discuss: B&P is now temporarily closed while they update to the merged B&P/PAB system in all regions. Expect "novelty" parts (pieces made for one or two sets, usually printed elements) to not be there when it reopens. They will all be removed for now while LEGO figures out what they want to do about them. Also, for RLUG members, in-store AFOL Days and associated discounts will be ending after the next one. Subsequent AFOL Appreciation Days (the new term) will instead offer an exclusive GWP at a 75 [your currency here] spending threshold.

None of this is great news. We're losing part availability and discounts, and people who didn't or can't join a LUG will start missing exclusives. Even the LEGO insiders in the B&P Discord server were, uh, less than excited to break this news.

Thanks for posting this - I had a B&P order I never bothered actually purchasing but I was still able to buy it from my cart just now.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Huh that's definitely taking some cues from the old Vikings theme:

Kinda neat to see, I guess we're getting to where sets from 2005 are at least slightly nostalgia fodder.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Cloks posted:

seems like a mod question, the custom forever has been links but I'd love to see images in the thread instead

xzzy posted:

If you do post an image maybe put it on a private site or use unlisted links, imgur and instagram links tend to disappear fast once the lego legal machine starts patrolling.

Yeah the official rule as far as I'm concerned is don't post leaks as attachments since those would be hosted on SA's servers and could cause a hassle for Jeff and Astral. Image embeds from any other host are fine.

corgski fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 12, 2022

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I knew there'd be a 2x VIP weekend with the modular available long before I ever caught up building the old modulars and Daily Bugle. Anyway get your 2x points on everybody woo Jane Goodall monkey set I guess?

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

I just used some vip points for a sweepstake and had to fill in my adress. That never happened before. Did i win something?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

sorry if already posted by this is weirdly satisfying to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehuGtleLz6U

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My budget only allowed for grabbing the new Lambo, Lotus, and Ferrari Speed Champions. Double points is double points :shrug:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

got a sack of neon orange pieces and it had three of these in it

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...ecorated%5D#T=C

feelin' a little lego blessed

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

My budget only allowed for grabbing the new Lambo, Lotus, and Ferrari Speed Champions. Double points is double points :shrug:

But it was double points so you can now double your budget. It's math!

I'm currently watching Lego Masters Australia's Christmas special because I had no idea that was a thing back in December.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The online LEGO store has Assembly Square in stock… that seems weird? I don’t think I’ve seen it in stock online for a while

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PowerBeard posted:

But how many bodies did you have to pour in? Thats the real question!
lmao

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The online LEGO store has Assembly Square in stock… that seems weird? I don’t think I’ve seen it in stock online for a while

I sometimes think they're never gonna retire that set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My local store always has it in stock. They even have a display model that has been up for years.

People keep predicting it will retire soon but it sort of feels like they just keep it in production as a big starter set to get people hooked on modulars.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Voice of Labor posted:

got a sack of neon orange pieces and it had three of these in it

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...ecorated%5D#T=C

feelin' a little lego blessed

My wife's rummage find has 2 of these and a bunch more pieces, exactly enough to build half of 5 separate sets.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I got the new batmobile on sale for 30% off and it’s my first technic and boy howdy is it fun. I’m tempted to dive right in and get some other technic builds lol. The light up features are neat too.

I’m torn on Assembly Square, it’s a good set, it’s big, it’s diverse but it just doesn’t feel as focused as the other sets. Garage, bookshop, diner are all neat and focused on a clear theme. I do agree it’s an excellent starter set to draw people into modulars, it’s just that it’s the one I got last so maybe that’s why I’m so lukewarm on it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Building the new Mercedes F1 Speed Champions and it has a black PLATE 1X1X2/3 aka two 1x1s stacked. Wonder why they decided to make this part?

https://brickset.com/parts/design-86996

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Seems like a horrible part to add for a company worried about how many bins of different parts they have in inventory, but if it means prying apart less 1x1 plates I guess I'm for it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I guess it simplifies instructions in places where you use it? Otherwise you would need to stack them in an inset or across two steps.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I encountered that part recently in Studio and would love it if it had a side stud but as is it is pretty useless.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

smackfu posted:

Building the new Mercedes F1 Speed Champions and it has a black PLATE 1X1X2/3 aka two 1x1s stacked. Wonder why they decided to make this part?

those are in a lot of non lego brick sets. part of it might just be lego cribbing from chinese brick makers

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Could be they took inventory of how often their sets included 2 stacked plates and the cost savings of a new piece was there.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

smackfu posted:

Is the stud hollow all the way through? I suppose that might give you more options.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

EvilJoven posted:

Could be they took inventory of how often their sets included 2 stacked plates and the cost savings of a new piece was there.

Possibly. I've heard (no confirmation though) that that's part of the reason some parts have been updated to have holes in them, for example this to this. Sure, it's only a tiny amount of plastic, but when added up over the quantities that are produced it's quite a substantial saving in material.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

3 in 1 pirate ship on sale. What are peoples thoughts? I have nothing to build right now, but also no space?

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Snowmankilla posted:

3 in 1 pirate ship on sale. What are peoples thoughts? I have nothing to build right now, but also no space?

It's excellent. I didn't think I'd like the sails, but they've grown on me. Brick built hull is a nice change from the ships in the regular pirate lines. Goes together great, has some neat building techniques, looks good, and bonus if it's on sale.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

There's a special kind of misery when messing up building an 80's technic set. All those black pins that have to come out :argh:

I remember Lego even used to have illustrations to show how to pop out difficult pins (building jigs and such)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Some of the new City Space sets are really nice. They seem to be getting closer to Classic Space.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lunar-research-base-60350

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Snowmankilla posted:

People would have raved about it more if Barracuda Bay wasn't around. It's a good set.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doctor Spaceman posted:

People would have raved about it more if Barracuda Bay wasn't around. It's a good set.

People would have raved about a lot if Barracuda Bay wasn't around. That's what happens when the GOAT shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

Some of the new City Space sets are really nice. They seem to be getting closer to Classic Space.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lunar-research-base-60350

just built this for my 5y/o it's a fun set