Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shifty Pony posted:

cg(ender)s: no loving clue. fluidity is weird and nothing feels right except screaming "gently caress it!"

is screaming "gently caress it" a gender?

why, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Shifty Pony posted:

cg(ender)s: no loving clue. fluidity is weird and nothing feels right except screaming "gently caress it!"

is screaming "gently caress it" a gender?

i figure so, yeah

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

So I went to the goth club last night and it was pretty fun but I got "I see you reading all these people! Yass Queen!"-ed at in the smoking area right before I left. Okay jagoff, you clocked me. I'm clocky. But srsly I've got a Chelsea and my jeans are cuffed above my boots. Even given the erroneous assumption that all trans women are into drag this one was a stretch.

And no, I was not reading anyone. I don't do that because I am a marshmallow. I was looking at their butts.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
why do people gotta be that way

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

divorcing myself from the cis male gay community is one of the best things i ever did for my mental health

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
We have a new hire who is very "grew up in the sticks, loving being gay in the big city" now, and he is a special kind of exhausting due to this fact while also not being actively harmful? Can definitely see how one would come to that "no more of this" conclusion after only a couple of weeks around him.

I think my first realization this was gonna get under my skin was when he began explaining gay undertones of Madonna's "Vogue" to someone twice his age who was humoring him despite clearly realizing the 101 poo poo before he was born

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

secretly best girl posted:

We have a new hire who is very "grew up in the sticks, loving being gay in the big city" now, and he is a special kind of exhausting due to this fact while also not being actively harmful? Can definitely see how one would come to that "no more of this" conclusion after only a couple of weeks around him.

I think my first realization this was gonna get under my skin was when he began explaining gay undertones of Madonna's "Vogue" to someone twice his age who was humoring him despite clearly realizing the 101 poo poo before he was born

god my desk at work was next to someone like that for a while except he also had a goddamn marketing degree and said things like "el oh el" out loud

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I dunno I try to remind myself that I too was once young and insufferable and that given time and guidance they can become like me, old and somewhat-sufferable

This did not apply to my one male coworker who would not stfu about NFTs (I had to duck out of the way on zoom calls to roll my eyes)

He eventually stopped and I'm pretty sure it's because he his ape or whatever got stolen

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I dunno I try to remind myself that I too was once young and insufferable and that given time and guidance they can become like me, old and somewhat-sufferable

This did not apply to my one male coworker who would not stfu about NFTs (I had to duck out of the way on zoom calls to roll my eyes)

He eventually stopped and I'm pretty sure it's because he his ape or whatever got stolen

this is sort of how i feel

also, young people of all stripes do this in all domains of knowledge

being an excited young gay is no different, and i think it's worth having some sympathy, to some extent, when being around people who are getting to live their truths for maybe the first time in their lives

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

think i'll skip that phase thanks

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

carry on then posted:

nobody's suggesting it's required, everyone's different

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

mediaphage posted:

some people never stop if the other person has tits and an rear end that won't quit (this may just be my own personal experience)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

carry on then posted:

as official yosmom I say do it or you're grounded

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mediaphage posted:

this is sort of how i feel

being an excited young gay is no different, and i think it's worth having some sympathy, to some extent, when being around people who are getting to live their truths for maybe the first time in their lives

thing is dude wasn't much younger than me, he was just Like That

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

met his boyfriend at the company christmas party though, he was nice and not at all annoying :shrug:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The only reason I skipped that phase is because of the massive amount of trauma associated with it all.

And all that energy manifested in a different way that caused a bit of trouble.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

thing is dude wasn't much younger than me, he was just Like That

queers are often socially behind a lot of their straight peers for many reasons, some quite obvious

i try not to judge, just smile and nod

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Our crypto guys are aggressively straight. Yes, we have multiple. That's the joy of being a startup.

I don't doubt the new dude will fit in more in time, it's just right now our "we have every flavor of queer under the sun" nature is leaving him a little geeky interacting with half the staff and especially in the middle of very long weeks my tolerance for dudes I knew 15 of in high school is low.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i love my husband we are both equally awkward weirdos

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

iospace posted:

one admitted to using an 18g for his shot once by mistake and regretted life for a good few minutes :v:
Oh no lol

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

in some ways I'm pretty glad it took me so long to accept what I had going one because I'm solidly past the experiment with everything phase of my life and my wife has been a wonderful help as I try to find a style I like.

on the other hand figuring out that I was bi while I was still dating might have been nice, if a bit complicated.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I had sympathy winces with him. On that note of needles, I haven't decided if the 25g are worth the slower shot speed, but they definitely hurt less in the long run.

Also, with one exception, all my cis male T patients are completely chill. They're normal guys in my experience, and none of them are obsessive about their T except that exception. Hell, another admitted his wife (who is a nurse) does his shots for him. Might as well let the pro do it :v:.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i could never do shots on a regular basis like that, anyone that does is braver than any soldier

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
You get used to it when it's keeping you alive. Though I was only using tiny 4mm insulin needles. (Now I have a pump so it's just one stick every 3-4 days instead of 3-4 times a day.)

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space
ya, (e) shots own hard. never gonna switch to something different

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I thought I was gonna have a much bigger deal than it ended up being because I am a huuuuuuge baby when someone else gives me a shot but it was just like *boop* and I barely even felt it go in

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021
I'm mad at the hoops I have to jump through to fill a syringe with a 23g needle (no real good source for larger drawing needles and also $$$$$) but apart from inflammation site injection and minor backflow and occasional hitting a blood vessel injections own

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I thought I was gonna have a much bigger deal than it ended up being because I am a huuuuuuge baby when someone else gives me a shot but it was just like *boop* and I barely even felt it go in

I Would Die

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Captain Charisma posted:

I'm mad at the hoops I have to jump through to fill a syringe with a 23g needle
Oh noooooooo 😬

Are you injecting with the same needle you draw with?!?!

I will send you draw needles if you need because ouch ouch ouch ouch and also health risks

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oh no oh god don’t inject with 23s especially not the one you used to draw with

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

23s are fine to inject with, what are you talking about. Drawing with a 23 though sounds like torture.

You can also inject with your draw needle. Not advised, but it's allowable. The biggest thing is to clean off the top of your vial before drawing. Use a swab to wipe it off before your draw.

If you're not using an 18 to draw, fix that.

iospace fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 16, 2022

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

well I’m a wimp and 25s are already owie :( I most certainly know my gauges I swear cough cough

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

I draw and inject with a 21, I am invincible

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

tbf i use a 21 to draw and a 25 to inject. my biggest issue is coring, cause I had to get a new vial once when a piece of plastic ended up in the mix. maybe I’ll ask about 18s

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pollyanna posted:

tbf i use a 21 to draw and a 25 to inject. my biggest issue is coring, cause I had to get a new vial once when a piece of plastic ended up in the mix. maybe I’ll ask about 18s

What we're taught in the pharmacy is to go in at an angle. I'll try to get a photo when I do my next shot.

e: which isn't till Saturday, welp.

iospace fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 16, 2022

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i will eat pills until i die because gently caress stabbing myself every five days

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
men can get monthly shots why can't i

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'd much rather start shots again than keep dealing with these flimsy fuckin e patches

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

Hoping to switch to shots in a week or two. I hate carrying around maracas full of pills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
I'm on Estradot patches, they're small and stay on well and very needs suiting. However one time they weren't available and I had to use another brand whose equivalent patches were massive and didn't stay on and that was p miserable