Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insanitylad
Sep 20, 2004
captain I ahave a penis where My vagiana was supposed to be now giant penus.
Yup, still lurking. Best 10 bux ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Insanitylad posted:

Yup, still lurking. Best 10 bux ever.

Hell, same.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Yeah Lurkers, post.

How else can clique-y GBS superstars either completely ignore your post or dogpile and one-up you telling you WELL ACSHULLY YOURE WRONG

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ProperCoochie posted:

Yeah Lurkers, post.

How else can clique-y GBS superstars either completely ignore your post or dogpile and one-up you telling you WELL ACSHULLY YOURE WRONG

...has this....uh....happened???

P sure everytime a lurker posts we all like, "YAY LURKER! :peanut:"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I guess maybe that was an :actually: but it isn't meant to be.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ProperCoochie posted:

Yeah Lurkers, post.

this poster is stuck in 2004 gbs

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this poster is stuck in 2004 gbs

Actually youre rwrong

Coconut Pete
Jul 31, 2004

Bad Mother Fucker
I lurk because over the last 18 years I've gone to the right while the forum has gone to the left

Here's to the next 18 years

edit: can't math

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Coconut Pete posted:

I lurk because over the last 16 years I've gone to the right while the forum has gone to the left

Here's to the next 16 years

Is like one of your legs shorter than the other???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I mostly go in straight lines but sometimes I scuttle places.

Coconut Pete
Jul 31, 2004

Bad Mother Fucker

Literally A Person posted:

Is like one of your legs shorter than the other???

yeah it was polio, I'm antivaxx

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Coconut Pete posted:

yeah it was polio, I'm antivaxx

You should try crystals. poo poo is loving for real.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
look what is the worst thing that can happen if you post. Get banned? you can afford ten bux. Someone, prolly me, will make fun of you, so what? Fight back. No one cares? Same as if you didn't post

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

I like to read more than I like to write.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Fat Loser posted:

I like to read more than I like to write.

Ooooo. Tell us what you like to read. :allears:

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

Ooooo. Tell us what you like to read. :allears:

I'm pretty easy to entertain. The OSHA thread, idiots in uniform, the big dogs thread in PI, and yospos' cat thread. I used to hit up the funny pictures thread but it too consistently turns into the unfunny text about funny pictures thread and that's not really my jam.

But my favorite is and will probably always be the schadenfreude thread because the derails in that thread contribute to the thread while contributing nothing at the same time. That thread is a beautiful paradox of goons trying to out-goon each other while failing and succeeding at the exact same time. Plus, that thread has 'Ow My Balls' on when it's not goons arguing about "but what even is schadenfreude?"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Fat Loser posted:

I'm pretty easy to entertain. The OSHA thread, idiots in uniform, the big dogs thread in PI, and yospos' cat thread. I used to hit up the funny pictures thread but it too consistently turns into the unfunny text about funny pictures thread and that's not really my jam.

But my favorite is and will probably always be the schadenfreude thread because the derails in that thread contribute to the thread while contributing nothing at the same time. That thread is a beautiful paradox of goons trying to out-goon each other while failing and succeeding at the exact same time. Plus, that thread has 'Ow My Balls' on when it's not goons arguing about "but what even is schadenfreude?"

Schad thread is also one of my faves!!! The people who complain about derails are like entertainment unto themselves. One of the best and gooniest threads in GBS. Distilled.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I have found that when I read the rules thread of an unfamiliar board and adhere to those rules while posting, the resident posters of said unfamiliar board go "hmm, let us examine this post with cool-headed rationalism and then levy judgment based on its merits, rather than instantly condemning it in a toxic act of group mentality". Mostly.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

some people ITT never posted in byob and recognized how much more lax the forums have gotten in the last decade or so and it shows. (honestly when was the last time you checked into byob? you should go do that presently)

Faith For Two
Aug 27, 2015
I usually don’t have anything to contribute to discussion.

Also, keeping up with reading posts in threads takes so much time, that I don’t have enough time to keep up with all the threads I want to keep up with.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

look what is the worst thing that can happen if you post. Get banned? you can afford ten bux. Someone, prolly me, will make fun of you, so what? Fight back. No one cares? Same as if you didn't post

big upz the puffinz

JUSTPOST

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

StoryTime posted:

I have found that when I read the rules thread of an unfamiliar board and adhere to those rules while posting, the resident posters of said unfamiliar board go "hmm, let us examine this post with cool-headed rationalism and then levy judgment based on its merits, rather than instantly condemning it in a toxic act of group mentality". Mostly.

Oh come on, no one actually reads the rules threads

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Faith For Two posted:

Also, keeping up with reading posts in threads takes so much time, that I don’t have enough time to keep up with all the threads I want to keep up with.

You're contributing right now!!

:peanut::peanut::peanut:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Faith For Two posted:

Wrong.

Strigil
Oct 26, 2004
I post sometimes

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Strigil posted:

I post sometimes

I lurk sometimes.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

rear end-penny posted:

I lurk sometimes.

I'm taking extensive notes about this. :cop:

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Lurker here gotta question. Who here really knows their poo poo about international politics?

I’ve been reading the ww3 Thread and I’m not sure who really knows what they’re talking about besides unlimited shrimp who clearly does not.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BBQ Dave posted:

Lurker here gotta question. Who here really knows their poo poo about international politics?

I’ve been reading the ww3 Thread and I’m not sure who really knows what they’re talking about besides unlimited shrimp who clearly does not.

hmm I'd guess the mod that got killed at Benghazi probably knew a lot about it OP

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

efb

BBQ Dave posted:

The last person on the forums who really knew international politics died overseas.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Zil posted:

efb

The last person on the forums who really knew international politics died overseas.

Well poo poo. That sucks.

Wait is this a joke? Honest I can’t tell. If for real please tell me I want to know.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm taking extensive notes about this. :cop:

:puckin:

Miracle Max
May 26, 2005

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hmm I'd guess the mod that got killed at Benghazi probably knew a lot about it OP

:rip:

Zeinin
May 7, 2003

rear end-penny posted:

some people ITT never posted in byob and recognized how much more lax the forums have gotten in the last decade or so and it shows. (honestly when was the last time you checked into byob? you should go do that presently)

I never understood what the posting modality was in BYOB. I made a thread there once and got hella flamed. It was a lame thread but I thought that BYOB was where you didn't have to try so hard. This was also fifteen years ago

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don’t get BYOB or FYAD so I don’t post there.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I used to lurk, but now I just post.

Kalev
Dec 8, 2006

Peggy Edson posted:

Generally true, lurkers are almost always stuck in whatever year they regged

oh gently caress HELP

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
I never post but here's a picture I found.

What does it even mean????

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BBQ Dave posted:

Well poo poo. That sucks.

Wait is this a joke? Honest I can’t tell. If for real please tell me I want to know.

No its real. Vilerat worked for the state department and died in Benghazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Im irl takin a poo poo right now. How do you feel about that lurkers!?