Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

What shows didn't disappoint you and ended great? For me - Beast Wars, Gravity Falls, Castlevania, Golden Girls and Mystery Science Theater 3000

The Gravity Falls finale is pitch perfect :discourse:

Other great finales: Buffy and Angel, the Wire, Dickinson, Orphan Black, Mr. Robot, The Good Place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I hope AEW finale will be good.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Roseanne

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/1503082707902939139

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Shard posted:

What shows didn't disappoint you and ended great? For me - Beast Wars, Gravity Falls, Castlevania, Golden Girls and Mystery Science Theater 3000

The Good Place

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Shard posted:

Twin Peaks & Farscape.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

What shows didn't disappoint you and ended great?

seinfeld, wings, carnivale iirc. i havent watched any tv series in the past 10 years except for breaking bad and better call saul

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!
carnivale... ended great...

:thunk:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

graph posted:

seinfeld, wings, carnivale iirc. i havent watched any tv series in the past 10 years except for breaking bad and better call saul

i’m hype as gently caress for the new season

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

maruhkati posted:

Twin Peaks & Farscape.

What year is this?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mad Men has the best ending

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
The Shield.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Eat My Fuc posted:

i’m hype as gently caress for the new season

i only watched the first couple eps of season 4 then covid hit and i got super depressed and didnt watch the rest then my dvr died and they wouldnt xfer them :\

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shard posted:

Wrestlemania 30 was a great series finale.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

graph posted:

i only watched the first couple eps of season 4 then covid hit and i got super depressed and didnt watch the rest then my dvr died and they wouldnt xfer them :\

You're missing out big time, the back half of Season 4 rules.

Shard posted:

Like graph I haven't watched many TV series outside of Better Call Saul, Always Sunny and Fargo, but none of those series have ended yet and Fargo S4 fuckin sucked (not looking forward to S5 with it being set in 2019)

uhhh does Porkin Across America count?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

I'd second a lot already mentioned here, but Sopranos.

Oh, and loving Justified.

"We dug coal together?"
"We dug coal together."

:cry:

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I hope no one recommends Silver watch Game of Thrones

Shows that ended great:
Seinfeld
The Last Airbender
Futurama x2
2019 NCAA basketball tournament

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
WCW Nitro had one of the best last episodes in the history of television. The spinoff sucked though. Reboot is pretty good.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Oh, and loving Justified.

"We dug coal together?"
"We dug coal together."

:cry:

Amen.

30 Rock had a good ending.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

WCW Nitro had one of the best last episodes in the history of television. The spinoff sucked though. Reboot is pretty good.

Nah I didn’t like Reboot ending on a cliffhanger.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle posted:

Parks and Recreation

You have gone too far this time

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Dexter's Laboratory episode 'Last But Not Beast' is a good final episode, and no further episodes happened after that.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/Takesoup/status/1503038281361297408

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Japanese wrestlers really do put western wrestlers to shame when it comes to hair

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!
His hair is unreal

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Not where I would be standing around yujiro, personally

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seams posted:

Japanese wrestlers really do put western wrestlers to shame when it comes to hair

And yet also there is Tetsuya Naito, makes you think

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The Shield had a “good” finale.

The main character ends up “getting away with it” by admitting, under an immunity deal, every crime he committed. The FBI agent that was hiring him looked absolutely appalled by everything he did but he was smug the entire time. So they put him at a desk job and he does not get to live the crazy life anymore and it is killing him inside.

And related to wrestling, another cop who got busted for everything (Walton Goggins) pulled a Benoit.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
mpw getting a little shine on their local news

https://twitter.com/EditorAndrew/status/1502891459657314312

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

graph posted:

I was super into Carnivale until that cliffhanger ending. Now I don't start watching shows that are plot driven until I know they are gonna finish the drat story

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Wire

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So the interference is still out of control at NJPW? I haven't watched since before AEW started

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1502947171775426562

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Only during Bullet Club matches (and most especially House of Torture, the sub-unit of EVIL, Togo, SHO, and Yujiro).

There are a lot of Bullet Club matches.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Absolutely this.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

TheKingslayer posted:

Absolutely this.

It is the most satisfying thing possible.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I'm a mature adult and many good mature adult shows have already been suggested so I'm going to personally mention Justice League Unlimited. A very good mature adult show with a very good ending.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Samurai Jack finally getting brought back and getting a real ending was good.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Sandman McMahon posted:

I'm a mature adult and many good mature adult shows have already been suggested so I'm going to personally mention Justice League Unlimited. A very good mature adult show with a very good ending.

Spoilers for a cartoon I guess, but….

Lex with the Anti-life Equation was so loving good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/QTMarshall/status/1503177641397993475?s=20&t=oVMy5CNgWMdCa7yYf4yswg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I like how Farscape ended, and how Stargate SG-1 ended, same for Babylon 5, TNG, I was sad how rushed the new DuckTales was but it was overall incredibly excellent in callbacks to classic Scrooge stuff and the voice cast was top notch.

Supernatural could have ended like seven different times but they chose the COVID ending to wrap it all up and that sorta sucked. Amazing World of Gumball had a super frustrating cliffhanger that never got sorted.

I'm hoping that the Metalocalypse and Venture Bros. can satisfyingly wrap up their stories.