Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Tonight I cracked a couple of beers, chucked some podcasts on and followed the Way of the Bot to get a Bard to 30, and they're surprisingly fun. My "main" is a Deathblade at 40, and the bard's ability to stack absurd AOEs just absolutely wrecks poo poo. I died for the first time playing the game in the morlock water temple, which was mostly because I was used to being able to dash through enemies for grouping, and also being lower on gear/levels from doing main quest only, but aside from that I'm thinking I might switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Ok, I'm still working through the quest Escape to Freedom and I am just straight dead in laughter. Oh god these devs are amazing and so self aware. For those that haven't experienced yet, you know that funky secret map with the animal intestine look? It is the start of the chain that leads to this. Sooo worth it.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Flair posted:

There were removed. Nonetheless, the change will most likely happen given that KR/RU has them. The question is when. Will it be next few months? Next few years? I feel like the decision will be data driven to make the most amount of profit.

The now deleted roadmap showed one legion raid coming april and another in may. The ilevels for that are way into the 1400's so If they do follow that roadmap we're going to get a ton of content where only 0.1% of the population gets to see. I have a feeling they'll make things easier once they come.

Not to mention apparently we're also missing a lot of side content that gives a lot of materials from other versions of the game. I saw a video on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjjb30TaBog

We are so starved for honing material and apparently 1340-1370 was a huge gear gap in korea it was changed. But not for our version.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
Im 480 atm, do I still just hone gear, I have a single +8 else its 9 and weapon 10?
Do you collect guardian souls on first kill or second?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yup! Hone all the way to +15 then you’re eligible to earn T2 gear.

The bad news is you’re through the easy half of honing and each level gets more of a failure chance the rest of the way.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Right now is a glorious time to make money in T3. You get a good amount of free bound mats from the event that's going to be on all month and sell everything that's not nailed down to your character for mad profit.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

whydirt posted:

Yup! Hone all the way to +15 then you’re eligible to earn T2 gear.

The bad news is you’re through the easy half of honing and each level gets more of a failure chance the rest of the way.

Ohh drat

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

Ok, I'm still working through the quest Escape to Freedom and I am just straight dead in laughter. Oh god these devs are amazing and so self aware. For those that haven't experienced yet, you know that funky secret map with the animal intestine look? It is the start of the chain that leads to this. Sooo worth it.

Not an emptyquote

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like someone forgot about daylight savings time

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Good Citizen posted:

If you have a pally with cleanse then igrex is trivial. None of his stuff does enough damage to matter. Scorp is at least annoying because you can get matched with people who don’t focus the adds and then you gotta dance around those AOEs
This is where berserker comes in. At 1325 you can one shot every single add in a single sword storm or hell blade with most spawn configurations.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 13, 2022

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Pro tip for this event.

Buy the una skip ticked and use them on the ghost ship daily. You can actually only fight the ghost ship once a week but the daily pops up … well every day.

You can get the ship in 15 days vs 15 weeks if you try and do it without the skip tickets.

Might be one of the best uses for the tickets atm.

I'm looking for a new ship and I'm still like 11 days away from the one from peyto so I'm interested in this too. You're saying use the daily una task completion ticket on the bleak night fog daily right?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ah good, today I just realized the harmony island thing is only Saturday and not Sat/Sun. loving sucks that I guess I just have to wait a week for another shot at getting the thing I need to finish that island. I do like this game but I'm finding myself doing less and less outside of the dungeons/raids because I have to look up all the islands I'm going to to make sure it's a quest chain I can actually finish.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

afkmacro posted:

I'm looking for a new ship and I'm still like 11 days away from the one from peyto so I'm interested in this too. You're saying use the daily una task completion ticket on the bleak night fog daily right?

Yes.

You have to have actually done the pirate ship and it’s daily once though before you can actually use the skip ticket.

After that you can just use a ticket on it every day and when the reset happens just do the quest again and not waste a ticket.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Well, with daylight savings coming into effect now all the timers in game are off by an hour for me.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Yes.

You have to have actually done the pirate ship and it’s daily once though before you can actually use the skip ticket.

After that you can just use a ticket on it every day and when the reset happens just do the quest again and not waste a ticket.

Thanks appreciate it, I haven't done it yet so I guess I gotta wait till tuesday or something to get started. There are way too many island rewards locked behind dailies, it's kind of tough to focus.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Someone has spent all of two minutes in mspaint modifying the abysmal T3 honing rates chart with the gated content that's still not in the international version. It remains to be seen which path Amazon will take in regards to releasing the end game; whether they will appeal to the unwashed masses and up the rates giving the players more false sense of hope to keep them spending on crystals, or maximize their shareholder revenue through focusing on the 1% streamer, youtuber, whale market and just push out unreachable content as they've been doing.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I upgraded from 1350 to 1355 and it used up all my bound armor shards & a lot of my leapstones & a million silver. Rest in peace hoarded mats.

Now I'm wondering if the market is going to rubberband a bit if they change upgrade rates. Suddenly people are going to need all those mats they've been selling.

afkmacro posted:

For non-stronghold sailing, Estoque is very hard to beat. Especially after getting it to 5 or 7 (+1 crew, +base speed, unlocks the rest of the boost bar). Sailors like cals (relic & legendary), Pupuring (legendary? for 40k coins), the free resist one or the slightly better one for 20k in rohendal, etc really make it hard to beat. It has the most relevant resists for sailing events on top of being pretty fast and reasonably durable.

Eiburn's is kind of worth it if you can get Berald. I'm working toward it and have been dumping my free una's tickets into the bleak night fog daily for lazy leapstones and progress toward it.

Astray is eventually worth it in a vanity way. It's super expensive. Getting the ship isn't that expensive, but making it competitive with an estoque is very expensive due to crew, upgrades, etc.

The other issue is the ship skins look the same on all ships and there's no way to hide them.

For stronghold, yes give me all the ships.

They are doing a sailing overhaul at some point this year. Maybe ship choice will get more interesting or at least there will be more of a reason to use something other than those three ships.

If you're getting Eurus soon and haven't upgraded your estoque or have the low level materials to upgrade it, it's also alright. I'm personally going to use estoque for ages probably.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 13, 2022

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Velveteen posted:

I got to T3 and realized its going to take a lot of effort to get high ilevel but have no real reason to go higher because getting to 1370 for argos is miserable i heard. You can run the abyssal dungeons at 1340. So I started selling all my honing mats on the market and I'm making a ton of gold from people trying to push to 1370. Going to exchange some of my gold into crystals and save up on that. As well as keep a good supply of gold until the rush is over and they changed honing rates or it drops in price and new content is out.

I guess I can finally start working on an alt next. Its quite unfortunate all the cool classes I wanted to try isn't out yet (arcana, lance master, artist) but I am having fun with my scrapper alt so far.

The ship has sailed on selling the mats. The time to do that was 2 weeks ago. Prices are about as low as they are going to go.

I also think it's mokopium that honing changes will come before Valtan. They may add more materials to the event shop, but I'd be really surprised to see honing changes before Valtan as that's when the other regions got it which would probably be 4-5.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

The ship has sailed on selling the mats.
Unbound leapstones from guardian raids in t3 are still worth selling on NA east. I've been selling @ 240g-250g ea all week. This is a 2 week high. Big leapstones from endless chaos are also good money and selling at ~800g.

Mat prices also spiked to their highest ever around thursday. Now they're at their lowest ever. I regret starting to hoard on tuesday ¬ selling on thurs out of greed, but whatever. I plan on pushing 1370 after this reset but I don't know if I'll have the mats or gold to do it. Not sure if I will either, up to 1350 isn't bad if you hoard upgrade chance stuff but 1350->1355 is setting money on fire and 1355->1365 is the same thing while 1365->1370 is even worse.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 13, 2022

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Khorne posted:

Unbound leapstones from guardian raids in t3 are still worth selling on NA east. I've been selling @ 240g-250g ea all week. Big leapstones from endless chaos are also good money for quite a few buys.

Mat prices also spiked to their highest ever around thursday. Now they're at their lowest ever. I regret starting to hoard on tuesday ¬ selling on thurs out of greed, but whatever. I plan on pushing 1370 after this reset but I don't know if I'll have the mats or gold to do it. Not sure if I will either, up to 1350 isn't bad if you hoard upgrade chance stuff but 1350->1355 is setting money on fire and 1355->1365 is the same thing while 1365->1370 is even worse.

I'm well aware. I hit 1365 on my Paladin last night and hoping to hit 1370 today or tomorrow.

The more characters you have the better.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I'm two successful hones away from t3... The agony :negative:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I think I’m just going to take my time on the pushing to 1370, sell my unbound, and level all my alts. Most of the content is fun and there’s no reason for me to push the 1370 grind right now. I got two of my alts to T2 this week and am just having a blast on them.

I think I’d probably play the game less and hate it if I burned everything to hit 1370.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Whoever made Naruni island is a sadist! You need to catch 101 Naruni's who randomly walk away when you try to pick them up. You're only hope is rng is in your favour and they don't try to move before the bar fills up. It takes like 10+ tries to catch even one if you're lucky. I managed to grab one and immediately song of escaped out of there. Someday I'll get the island token.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
Is there any reason to not exchange all the gold I accumulate for crystals, leaving just enough for whatever day-to-day things it's used for?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

The Gripper posted:

Is there any reason to not exchange all the gold I accumulate for crystals, leaving just enough for whatever day-to-day things it's used for?
You can't turn crystals back into gold and there are limited uses for crystals while gold fuels upgrades, stronghold, ways to make more money, and materials that have fell below mari's prices.

It's not entirely clear to me how much liquid gold someone should keep, but in terms of crystals hoarding over 6k or so isn't needed and keeping the balance lower than that is probably smart in the current market unless you have a ton of gold and nothing to spend it on.

If you have way less gold than the scale of having 6k crystals, then it makes sense to turn gold to crystals for certain things that are gating you (T2 leapstones, T3 leapstones, T3 guardian stones, T2 guardian stones if they stay at 25g per 10 like they were today) because you can sell unbound versions and multiply your resources.

Currency Exchange advice: the order stays up for 36 hours but you can cancel at any time for 0 fee. You can get crystals way cheaper than the prices at primetime if you put an order up and leave it there until ~10am-11am est. This works because whales hit the exchange hard and people don't put up as many gold->crystal orders between ~midnight and ~10am. Also, the people racing to the "bottom" in terms of pricing tend not to play at those times.

I don't know the cheapest at the moment, but when people were paying 800, 900 I was still buying batches of crystals at 755-770 or so. I think it still doesn't really dip below 750, but it might if amazon keeps on top of bots this week due to a lack of inflation.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 14, 2022

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

Khorne posted:

You can't turn crystals back into gold and there are limited uses for crystals while gold fuels upgrades, stronghold, ways to make more money, and materials that have fell below mari's prices.
It seems like at the moment though T3 (and some T2) materials are cheaper in Mari's shop than in the AH by a significant amount, so crystals are better value there (and like you said, selling T3 mats right now is huge gold). And with gold getting cheaper to buy with RCs it doesn't sound like holding more than I'm going to spend is worthwhile either.

Gold also isn't incredibly hard to obtain and the gold:crystal conversion has been hovering around the 750-850 mark for a while but it's creeping up, and I figure once more people get to T3 that's only going to get worse. If I wanted to buy skins in the future it would be a lot more cost effective this way right?

If I wasn't willing to spend any actual money in the shop though I could see the math working out differently.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

The Gripper posted:

It seems like at the moment though T3 (and some T2) materials are cheaper in Mari's shop than in the AH by a significant amount, so crystals are better value there (and like you said, selling T3 mats right now is huge gold). And with gold getting cheaper to buy with RCs it doesn't sound like holding more than I'm going to spend is worthwhile either.

Gold also isn't incredibly hard to obtain and the gold:crystal conversion has been hovering around the 750-850 mark for a while but it's creeping up, and I figure once more people get to T3 that's only going to get worse. If I wanted to buy skins in the future it would be a lot more cost effective this way right?

If I wasn't willing to spend any actual money in the shop though I could see the math working out differently.
It's definitely worth using them as described. Two things on skins: (1) they come to blue crystals a month later, (2) you can't trade them after if you bought them with blue crystals (I think).

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 14, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Crystals are the stable currency (ish) where as gold really isn’t.

Buy as many crystals as you can right now imo. Crystals are the end game currency.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
this is good for crystalcoin

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Velveteen posted:

Whoever made Naruni island is a sadist! You need to catch 101 Naruni's who randomly walk away when you try to pick them up. You're only hope is rng is in your favour and they don't try to move before the bar fills up. It takes like 10+ tries to catch even one if you're lucky. I managed to grab one and immediately song of escaped out of there. Someday I'll get the island token.

The paths aren't really "random", there are certain spots where they'll always stay still long enough for you to grab and other spots where they'll always move on too quickly.

The fastest way to finish it is to find a spot where there's a bunch of places that they'll stay put for long enough, and just wait for them to show up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Khorne posted:

Yes but there's a lot of things crystals can buy that don't really have alternative sources.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Jabor posted:

The paths aren't really "random", there are certain spots where they'll always stay still long enough for you to grab and other spots where they'll always move on too quickly.

The fastest way to finish it is to find a spot where there's a bunch of places that they'll stay put for long enough, and just wait for them to show up.

Exactly. There’s a spot where two of the paths stop and you can grab one every 10 seconds or so. Just look for the spot where 20 or so people are standing and you’ve found it. Then, like most things in the game, Naruni is an exercise in pressing G a lot

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Paranoid Peanut posted:

I'm two successful hones away from t3... The agony :negative:

I feel this agony, but I am somewhat farther away. For the event shop, I only have the t3 materials left since I cannot buy t3 mats as a t2 character, so if I do not get to tier 3 by reset, I think that's the end of my journey.

Flair fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 14, 2022

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I've plugged in the ranges into https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/upgrade-calculator to estimate the materials cost with the developer revealed honing rates for upgrading a full set of gear from 1340 to 1370, and got some rough market quotes averaging between the highs and the lows of recent history, showing that if you were to source it all from the market, at least on US West it may cost you over six hundred thousand in gold.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fuuuuuuuuck that :eyepop:

Elroy Jetson
Sep 25, 2021

Don't ping me.

MarcusSA posted:

Pro tip for this event.

Buy the una skip ticked and use them on the ghost ship daily. You can actually only fight the ghost ship once a week but the daily pops up … well every day.

You can get the ship in 15 days vs 15 weeks if you try and do it without the skip tickets.

Might be one of the best uses for the tickets atm.

This is, in fact, a pro tip. Gonna do this.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
The current US honing rates are worse than in Korea and we also have less honing may sources.
Thanks AGS?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just limped into 1100 having used every material and some help from a friend for more leapstones for one last try but I made it :shepface:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

explosivo posted:

Just limped into 1100 having used every material and some help from a friend for more leapstones for one last try but I made it :shepface:

Feeling this because I just barely managed to hit 1100. My last bit of resources was spent on a 44% hone and I got lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I laughed because it was the exact same thing going from T1>T2, like obviously it slows down towards the end but it truly feels like sputtering across the finish line on E