Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cinara posted:

The gold people are talking about in t3 comes from selling unbound materials.
Not entirely. Abyss Raids give ok gold, you get more una tokens for ~4k/gold week, tradeskills are better gold, collectibles are better gold for now, and endless chaos lets you make 3k gold/hr for a few hours then it climbs down to as low as you want it to (ok this is unbound materials).

Once they add the missing content that was supposed to be here before argos there are even more ways to make a few thousand per week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Brain In A Jar posted:

As a new player, I think that people calling for an FFXIV-style gutting of the start of the game are probably seeing things a bit through jaded lenses. I've just completed the Lastra Forest dungeon, and honestly the pacing has been fine, apart from some self-inflicted dicking around to get area completion for places I wanted the 50% reward from.

You're levelling at a steady enough clip that you're unlocking skills pretty regularly at this point, and having that time to play around with combos and see what feels fun to you has been important for me. The plot is actually not as bad as I've seen people complain about, especially if you do the sidequests and early rapport stuff that provides a bit more context. Also, this is probably the first time I've seen MMO sidequests be considerate to my time as a player, and from a kmmo that's a real shock. Everything's on a pretty streamlined route, and it's just a cruisy kind of vibe.

I get that if you're on your 4th or 5th alt you're sick of slamming G through the cutscenes, but that seems like a systems tweaking issue, not a content one. GW2 handles this pretty well, by rewarding a bunch of stuff you do with levelling tomes. Admittedly, the world is big enough and not on rails that you can do different zones levelling your alts, but spending any time at max level means collecting a bunch of free levels that you can just throw at your next class you want to max.

I can't see how trimming what little fat that remains from the new player experience would improve anything, but I can definitely see it making things worse.

If you came to this game for the gameplay and you don't care about the story at all the pacing is "how long do I have to walk and press G until the next dungeon/setpiece" I was sick of slamming G on my very first character before I left the first continent. I paid so little attention to the story that you could have just given the whole game the power pass treatment and had Beatrice yapp at me between set pieces and the experience would have been the same.

I will agree that it's nice that they make the quests easy to complete and not make you grind 50 mobs to drop 2 items, as well as having the side quests usually being on the main quest route so you're not going out of your way for them.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Khorne posted:

Not entirely. Abyss Raids give ok gold, you get more una tokens for ~4k/gold week, tradeskills are better gold, collectibles are better gold for now, and endless chaos lets you make 3k gold/hr for a few hours then it climbs down to as low as you want it to (ok this is unbound materials).

Once they add the missing content that was supposed to be here before argos there are even more ways to make a few thousand per week.

I was doing the invasion treasure maps for a few thousand a week already, and that's t1.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You only have to do the story once though and you’ll never touch it again.

There’s like 3 systems to level dudes that don’t involve touching the story.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
As some people keep asking maybe we can put this in the OP

the setting "Battle Effects Display" under Gameplay -> Controls and Display enables you to only include supportive effects of party members

And if youre an old goon and your eyes get tired after 10 hours of constant flashing, there is a photosensitivity mode that can be enabled in the accessibility section.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IMO combat outline is a good one to turn on. It can really help to see where you are with some of the bigger dudes.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
good tips, I also roll with large cursor because my dog brain loses it all the time even with most spell effects off

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't wait until I finally max out Neria and never have to visit Prideholme again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I can't wait until I finally max out Neria and never have to visit Prideholme again.

Well are you doing that other lady at the same time??

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

You only have to do the story once though and you’ll never touch it again.

There’s like 3 systems to level dudes that don’t involve touching the story.

Seems less the case for the post 50 story unless I missed something.

Or at least last I checked it looked like I'd have to pay out the nose in gold.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Seems less the case for the post 50 story unless I missed something.

Or at least last I checked it looked like I'd have to pay out the nose in gold.

Yeah true but people are mostly complaining about the 1-50 story.

The one true slog is the 2nd awakening story like it’s not a bad story it’s just ungodly long and makes you go all over. It’s a decent prolog though imo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m just glad I have every song except the ones that are adventure tome locked and most of those aren’t that bad to get.

I’ll have every song soon though and I’ll be glad to done with that poo poo too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Can I do Harmony Island multiple times per day? I'm trying to get this god forsaken song so I don't have to do this again and I just realized it's RNG based but the other entries for harmony island on the event thingey show as "claimed" already.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Wish I could just blast the Starlight Island guy off the top of the tower and be done with it. Jesus!

MarcusSA posted:

The one true slog is the 2nd awakening story like it’s not a bad story it’s just ungodly long and makes you go all over. It’s a decent prolog though imo

Nah I checked out after that ridiculously stupid bit where you play Armen for a little while, I don't care anymore it's just 'Esc' immediately.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

The leveling and story stuff would honestly be way more bearable if you didn’t have to acknowledge each individual line of text before reading the next. You’d still have the poo poo where you have to go back and forth between 2 people that are like 5 feet apart, but that’d be fine if you could hit escape and gently caress off without reading any of it (or if they gave you all the text at once but some people like this style of dialogue I guess).

e: I’d also appreciate if they included some or all of that dialogue in the quest log for the times when I mash G through it and miss the instructions and the quest log is all “draw the rest of the loving owl”

Hefty fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 12, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

explosivo posted:

Can I do Harmony Island multiple times per day? I'm trying to get this god forsaken song so I don't have to do this again and I just realized it's RNG based but the other entries for harmony island on the event thingey show as "claimed" already.

Once a day is the limit for getting rewards.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lmao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No?

Are we talking about the faire song one with the secret entrance? I'm pretty sure I knocked that one out in a day. It's not an adventure island.

I need a song from an adventure island now, and that one is apparently once a day, but it might not even show up? I still don't actually understand how adventure islands work, I'll check the compass and it will just say there is no more for the day.

Whoops, Harmony is the one I need, Lullaby is not daily limited.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pro tip for this event.

Buy the una skip ticked and use them on the ghost ship daily. You can actually only fight the ghost ship once a week but the daily pops up … well every day.

You can get the ship in 15 days vs 15 weeks if you try and do it without the skip tickets.

Might be one of the best uses for the tickets atm.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Well are you doing that other lady at the same time??

Which Neria? :v:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Yorn ruled and it’s extremely hosed that I can’t be a dwarf. This next continent is too edgy and gloomy. Not enough drinking and slapstick comedy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

No?

Are we talking about the faire song one with the secret entrance? I'm pretty sure I knocked that one out in a day. It's not an adventure island.

I need a song from an adventure island now, and that one is apparently once a day, but it might not even show up? I still don't actually understand how adventure islands work, I'll check the compass and it will just say there is no more for the day.

Whoops, Harmony is the one I need, Lullaby is not daily limited.

Just check the alarm setting page(click the cogwheel after you expand out the alarm tab thing in the top left corner). That will tell you what days thing spawns and what time while also being accurate. The compass has been busted for a while now.

MarcusSA posted:

Pro tip for this event.

Buy the una skip ticked and use them on the ghost ship daily. You can actually only fight the ghost ship once a week but the daily pops up … well every day.

You can get the ship in 15 days vs 15 weeks if you try and do it without the skip tickets.

Might be one of the best uses for the tickets atm.

This is a pro tip. imo best ship. Astray more like trashtray with garbage resists and mediocre durability. Sure it can go fast, but that's all it does.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Ashtray goes very fast INTO THE DRAIN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
As far as I can tell, there are three ships used primarily in the endgame. Estoque for all around use, Eibern's Wound for anything that has you going into the Dead Seas a lot and for ghost ship buff, and Astray for move fast.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Where does the killer whale fall into that?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/issue-within-the-tytalos-guardian-raid/258031

From my personal experience, on my alt, Tytalos can now do his heavy damage attack when there are no sand tornadoes to protect you.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Yeah they definitely broke something with his fight when they made those changes recently. He doesnt always have sandstorms going when he does his one hit move. If you dont over gear it enough to survive you're just boned

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Yeah they definitely broke something with his fight when they made those changes recently. He doesnt always have sandstorms going when he does his one hit move. If you dont over gear it enough to survive you're just boned

Technically, you can use the ropes and cliff as means to dodge the attack, but it's not entirely reliable since being near there means making Tytalos attack near enclosed area, making its other attacks hard to dodge.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Ugh, when I did Tytalos before the nerf, I was the only one that even tried to do the mechanic properly, the rest of the group ran away and hid for like half the fight.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I got to T3 and realized its going to take a lot of effort to get high ilevel but have no real reason to go higher because getting to 1370 for argos is miserable i heard. You can run the abyssal dungeons at 1340. So I started selling all my honing mats on the market and I'm making a ton of gold from people trying to push to 1370. Going to exchange some of my gold into crystals and save up on that. As well as keep a good supply of gold until the rush is over and they changed honing rates or it drops in price and new content is out.

I guess I can finally start working on an alt next. Its quite unfortunate all the cool classes I wanted to try isn't out yet (arcana, lance master, artist) but I am having fun with my scrapper alt so far.

boloney
May 29, 2021
What does Elemental Blessing do?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Flair posted:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/issue-within-the-tytalos-guardian-raid/258031

From my personal experience, on my alt, Tytalos can now do his heavy damage attack when there are no sand tornadoes to protect you.

There is a distance component as well now when there's no sandstorms. I barely survived when I got a whole screen away from it. Unless that was because overgeared.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Velveteen posted:

I got to T3 and realized its going to take a lot of effort to get high ilevel but have no real reason to go higher because getting to 1370 for argos is miserable i heard. You can run the abyssal dungeons at 1340. So I started selling all my honing mats on the market and I'm making a ton of gold from people trying to push to 1370. Going to exchange some of my gold into crystals and save up on that. As well as keep a good supply of gold until the rush is over and they changed honing rates or it drops in price and new content is out.

I guess I can finally start working on an alt next. Its quite unfortunate all the cool classes I wanted to try isn't out yet (arcana, lance master, artist) but I am having fun with my scrapper alt so far.

It’s good to get to 1340 because igrex is less annoying than the scorp and the abyss dungeons are good. 1370 is definitely a bitch to get to though. I’ve only missed maybe one day of dailies since launch and I’m 1350 and I’ve been 1350 for a few days now because every single honing during that time has failed

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Good Citizen posted:

It’s good to get to 1340 because igrex is less annoying than the scorp and the abyss dungeons are good. 1370 is definitely a bitch to get to though. I’ve only missed maybe one day of dailies since launch and I’m 1350 and I’ve been 1350 for a few days now because every single honing during that time has failed
I'm 1350 at the moment but have 420 bound leapstones & 5040 bound guardian & 1225 bound destruction (with 1355 weapon).

I'm pushing 1355 for sure, likely tomorrow, so I can do the higher endless chaos, but I don't know if I'll try for 1370 until a week from wednesday. I'd feel really dumb if they buffed upgrade rates right after I did it because the cost is insane. Up to 1355 isn't too bad if you use solar grace & solar blessing for 9->11 and optionally for 11->12. Not worth using unbound or buying on the market, but it is cost efficient if bought from maris at 750-800g per 95 crystals.

There are lots of bad calculators & spreadsheets going around. Even maxroll's is very naive and doesn't seem to total things up or represent what "average" is correctly.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 13, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Good Citizen posted:

Really? I found the scorpion to be pretty tame compared to something like Alberhaustic. As a sorceress I can stand just outside of the aoe shockwave but close enough to counter the boss because it has a slow speed counter. The rest of the attacks are slow and telegraphed.

I'm currently sitting at 1325 with +6? Next tier of upgrades is a 60% chance of success. I'm guessing 1340 is around +8? I guess I can push for 1340. But I'm probably stopping there if I do. I would rather just work on tripods and gems and make gold before pushing ilevel hard. Especially after finding out other versions of the game had a flat 20% higher chance of honing success and a lot of people seem to be whining right now. Who knows what amazon might do.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

notwithoutmyanus posted:

There is a distance component as well now when there's no sandstorms. I barely survived when I got a whole screen away from it. Unless that was because overgeared.

You are overgeared. My alt bard at ilvl died even when I was almost two screens away.

Velveteen posted:

You can farm gold from the whales in the auction house and hope/wait for the honing bonuses.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Do we know if the honing balance changes are going to really happen? AGS had them in those pathnores but then they were quietly removed werent they?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

Really? I found the scorpion to be pretty tame compared to something like Alberhaustic. As a sorceress I can stand just outside of the aoe shockwave but close enough to counter the boss because it has a slow speed counter. The rest of the attacks are slow and telegraphed.
Scorpion is kinda easier than the second boss as berserker too. There's only really two tricks to the scorpion: you have ages to dash out after he leaps & kill the adds.

They're both pretty easy though. At least, they're hard to dodge everything while doing optimal dps but they have low enough hp & do low enough damage that you can mess up a bunch and kill them 4:50-6:30 pretty much every time.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Velveteen posted:

I'm currently sitting at 1325 with +6? Next tier of upgrades is a 60% chance of success. I'm guessing 1340 is around +8? I guess I can push for 1340. But I'm probably stopping there if I do. I would rather just work on tripods and gems and make gold before pushing ilevel hard. Especially after finding out other versions of the game had a flat 20% higher chance of honing success and a lot of people seem to be whining right now. Who knows what amazon might do.

If you have a pally with cleanse then igrex is trivial. None of his stuff does enough damage to matter. Scorp is at least annoying because you can get matched with people who don’t focus the adds and then you gotta dance around those AOEs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Do we know if the honing balance changes are going to really happen? AGS had them in those pathnores but then they were quietly removed werent they?

There were removed. Nonetheless, the change will most likely happen given that KR/RU has them. The question is when. Will it be next few months? Next few years? I feel like the decision will be data driven to make the most amount of profit.