Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Did you know that literally a third of Xenosaga Episode III takes place in the same loving place you've blown up twice already in the series, the tower Labyrinthos? Read Listen all about it this week on Lightning Strikes Thrice.

Bonus: the above cursed image will make more sense if you do. (We're finally at the part where we can stop dancing around spoilers for the most part!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

U-TICoin would definitely exist in that world.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Samovar posted:

Jose had a video up on the Babylon Bee's 'comedy' book. Spoiler alert: It's not good. But at least he does a bit of investigation into it, too.

Do you mind posting a link?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

edogawa rando posted:

Do you mind posting a link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxbGLTqGf0

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Aaaw geeze this is horrible. I guess I'm one of the few people who know of them because I used to watch them back in the day (2014-16ish?). Another day, another milkshake duck I guess. :smith: I hope Mari and everyone else will be ok.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cheers

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

secretly best girl posted:

Did you know that literally a third of Xenosaga Episode III takes place in the same loving place you've blown up twice already in the series, the tower Labyrinthos? Read Listen all about it this week on Lightning Strikes Thrice.

I described Xenosaga to a friend and they kept stopping me in with wait what.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Always wanted to try the Xenosaga games. Shame they decided to only bring the 2nd part and nothing else to Europe.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jose playing clips from Joel Berry (the Bee's editor in chief) is really funny because I got that guy so mad about a bit I did on twitter he eventually replied to me with a bunch of screenshots of me doing it and then the Bee account blocked me.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 14, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know Babylon Bee is the right wing lovely equivalent of the Onion but I keep thinking there's another lovely knockoff as well. Is it The Hard Times?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Arc Hammer posted:

I know Babylon Bee is the right wing lovely equivalent of the Onion but I keep thinking there's another lovely knockoff as well. Is it The Hard Times?

The Hard Times is not conservative but is indeed a lovely Onion knockoff.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arc Hammer posted:

you might be thinking of it still actually. Until fairly recently Babylon Bee was just generic 'clean comedy' (not really but less raunchy than Onion at least) version of The Onion for midwestern fun churches to put on the corkboard and all. It wasn't really GOOD but it was its own thing, but then like late-Obama era it made a hard turn to "AOC STRANGLES SELF WITH SHOELACES BECAUSE SHE'S SO STUPID AND LIBERAL AND UGLY AND I HATE HER" white knuckle freak poo poo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They saw the Paul Joseph Watson tweet and said "challenge accepted."

It didn't work, mind you, but they accepted the challenge.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Paladin posted:

I realized scrolling through the Geek Remix YouTube that I'd actually watched a let's play from them once.

After playing Return of the Obra Dinn, I watched a bunch of other LPers go through it because it was fun to see how different people approached the puzzle solving. I liked seeing what clues different people did or didn't catch and what sort of reasoning they used.

The Geek Remix play through ended with them looking up all of the answers online. So that was a memorable playthrough in its own way.

lol

I think they got their start thanks to Life is Strange, with a lot of theory videos.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Brocktoon posted:

The Hard Times is not conservative but is indeed a lovely Onion knockoff.

Honestly ever since the Onion has elevated from satire to horrifying portent of what is and what will be, Hard Times has been a good replacement if you just want dumb Onion-esque jokes about music or games or what have you

I just went to their front page and laughed at multiple headlines.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm a fan of Walking Eagle News. They don't even need to try and exaggerate with all the poo poo first nations go through.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv_VXvlWYMM
Dog's Must Die recap of the end of Pt 4 recap

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I forgot Chip Cheezum had a Jojo podcast. Just in time for me to have started going back to the gym, too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DC Murderverse posted:

Honestly ever since the Onion has elevated from satire to horrifying portent of what is and what will be, Hard Times has been a good replacement if you just want dumb Onion-esque jokes about music or games or what have you

I just went to their front page and laughed at multiple headlines.

Yea Hard Drive/Hard Times is pretty solid for niche Onion-esque humor, they know their lanes and play to their strengths. The Godsmack headline also got me pretty well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv_VXvlWYMM
Dog's Must Die recap of the end of Pt 4 recap

I'm like 5 episodes behind now but I hope Chip brings up plenty of iconic Duwang lines like 'I am the loving Strong!!!'

sexpig by night posted:

Yea Hard Drive/Hard Times is pretty solid for niche Onion-esque humor, they know their lanes and play to their strengths. The Godsmack headline also got me pretty well.

That Lindsay Ellis one they did just sticks in my mind for being weirdly spiteful for no reason though.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 14, 2022

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Hee https://hard-drive.net/man-keeps-starting-side-quests-while-whole-world-freaks-out-about-main-one/

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I'm like 5 episodes behind now but I hope Chip brings up plenty of iconic Duwang lines like 'I am the loving Strong!!!'

That Lindsay Ellis one they did just sticks in my mind for being weirdly spiteful for no reason though.

Actually its very good!!1

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

RareAcumen posted:

genuine lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lindsay quittis

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CelticPredator posted:

Lindsay quittis

Lindsay L-is

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

fun hater posted:

does anyone know any other boring psyche guys i can listen to with some sort of pedigree? someone here linked me to "psychology in seattle" and i enjoyed it very much. more like that would appreciated. thank u

I'm assuming this is a general request and not specifically Munchausen's so here's some good psych creators on YT I like:

Dr Daniel Fox specializes in personality disorders, specifically Borderline, and has a lot of good info on it, mostly aimed at people who have the disorder but also helpful for general knowledge https://www.youtube.com/c/DrDanielFox/videos

Dr Tracey Marks is a psychiatrist who covers a variety of mental health subjects at a basic level https://www.youtube.com/c/DrTraceyMarks

Mickey Atkins is a licensed therapist and social worker, and is more youtubery and does a lot of reaction videos, but also has some really solid info https://www.youtube.com/c/MickeyAtkins

Cinema Therapy covers psychology education by framing it around various movies, which is cool for immediately accessible object lessons https://www.youtube.com/c/CinemaTherapySolutions

Ana Psychology is a clinical psychology doctoral candidate who covers a variety of psychology-related subjects https://www.youtube.com/c/AnaPsychology/

If you watch any of these you'll probably also see various other clinicians who have their own channels. The only one I'd actively recommend against is Dr. Todd Grande, who is a huge dick.

PiS is the real gold standard of the bunch, since it's run by someone who is both a professor and someone who's super into podcasting, so it's got the combination of high production values and extremely good info, but these are all decent for scratching different levels of the "I want to know more about headshrinking" itch.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know about spiteful, but having more people than you can comprehend yell at you for being racist is a hell of a hell of thing.

Especially since the apology never ranged as far as the orginal tweet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what happened to lindsay ellis fuckin sucked

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

People keep wanting her story to be of the Dave Chapelle kind where she does a heel turn and starts yelling about political correctness gone mad, but she had been pretty clear on the video-making thing being horrible and carrying years of people harassing her and nazis threatening to kill her parents etc beforehand to the point of unsustainability, and the “cancellation” event upsetting her because it caused people she knew to stop talking to her, which is painful, and others to treat her like she was contaminated and that her presence could contaminate them, which is humiliating.

What happened to her loving sucks. It’s ostracism, which was an ancient punishment because it is painful and humiliating. Have some compassion.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i actually do not want people to become reactionary over internet fights and would hope that the lesson being taken from this is that this specific collective of youtubers that associated with each other are fairweather friends more concerned with securing their bag

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
I think a lot of people want Lindsay Ellis to be the villain in this because they can only think of the situation in terms of the right wing talking point of "Cancel Culture" and a need to refute it. In actuality the situation surrounding Lindsay and her departure from making videos has more in common with the tabloid culture of the 1990s than it does with the modern, invented culture war and I don't think Lindsay has ever really tried to present it as a culture war thing. Her response has never been "Oh no, I've been cancelled for wrongthink by the SJW mafia" it is "I've found myself in a position where I'm under constant scrutiny from random strangers and any time one of my takes gains traction on Twitter, people start digging into my personal life and dredging up poo poo from my past that is none of their business"

It's a reflection of the bigger, underlying problem that modern social media platformscreate an environment where people no longer need to be major celebrities to be the topic of hot goss.

This thread is as guilty as anyone else of perpetuating this sort of culture: How often do we get people throwing up Twitter callout posts in here without context? How many people in here are more interested in which video producer is getting called out by someone than the actual content being produced?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

thinking about the timeline where the conversation ends abruptly after someone tells the original critic "you write ya novels shut up"

e:

oh poo poo thank you! ill check these out tonight

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fun hater posted:

thinking about the timeline where the conversation ends abruptly after someone tells the original critic "you write ya novels shut up"

e:

oh poo poo thank you! ill check these out tonight

ya twitter is an intense cesspool of freaks with inferiority complexes

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Alaois posted:

ya twitter is an intense cesspool of freaks with inferiority complexes

they're insane. they're literally some of THE most insane people online. if you put two of them in the same room together one of them will murder the other to ensure the room is theirs

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3zamnyCVP0
Someone I've seen on Tik Tok and wasn't aware he had a Youtube but B. Dylan Hollis does a thing where he makes old rear end baking recipes. This video is him trying a couple of different peanut butter bread recipes. If you've seen his Tik Toks he's more subdued in this and much more wordy.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

KingKalamari posted:

I think a lot of people want Lindsay Ellis to be the villain in this because they can only think of the situation in terms of the right wing talking point of "Cancel Culture" and a need to refute it. In actuality the situation surrounding Lindsay and her departure from making videos has more in common with the tabloid culture of the 1990s than it does with the modern, invented culture war and I don't think Lindsay has ever really tried to present it as a culture war thing. Her response has never been "Oh no, I've been cancelled for wrongthink by the SJW mafia" it is "I've found myself in a position where I'm under constant scrutiny from random strangers and any time one of my takes gains traction on Twitter, people start digging into my personal life and dredging up poo poo from my past that is none of their business"

It's a reflection of the bigger, underlying problem that modern social media platformscreate an environment where people no longer need to be major celebrities to be the topic of hot goss.

This thread is as guilty as anyone else of perpetuating this sort of culture: How often do we get people throwing up Twitter callout posts in here without context? How many people in here are more interested in which video producer is getting called out by someone than the actual content being produced?

Being angry is easy and feels good. Being correct is hard and takes time and effort. You'd think people would have learned after Vinesauce Vinny and Game Grumps Dan but I guess not.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3zamnyCVP0
Someone I've seen on Tik Tok and wasn't aware he had a Youtube but B. Dylan Hollis does a thing where he makes old rear end baking recipes. This video is him trying a couple of different peanut butter bread recipes. If you've seen his Tik Toks he's more subdued in this and much more wordy.

oh this is the guy who made the worst food made with the least amount of ingredients ive ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43IQDUuguVk

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

RareAcumen posted:

i heard (on twitter when sarah z talked about that article explicitly as a sidenote for other false info around herself and emily) that the same person who wrote that also wrote a piece that was Very Angry about sarkeesian or smth too :psyduck:

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Being angry is easy and feels good. Being correct is hard and takes time and effort. You'd think people would have learned after Vinesauce Vinny and Game Grumps Dan but I guess not.

Nah man, I've learned my lesson this time. From now on my twitter mobbing will only get the real bad guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am glad Kyle Brows Held High posted more stuff again. I hope Lindsay and her ex staff do well for themselves.