Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Anyone having a weird issue where Guardians of the Galaxy's brightness is cranked WAY THE gently caress UP and there's no way to sufficiently get it back down? I'm on Series X and have tried enabling and disabling Dolby Vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

otter posted:

I heard the Batman Arkham games are good but only the 3rd one is on gamepass. So I bought the collection. So it will probably end up on gamepass now. Before I play it.

The first 2 games were on Game Pass from February 2019 to February 2020. So Game Pass veterans already had a chance to play them.

Also unfortunately the Xbox One remasters are kinda trash visually.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arkham Asylum is sooooo good. I love that game

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Tayter Swift posted:

Hey so is there a legit way to get on a waitlist or something for a Series X? I don't mind waiting a while but I do want to pay MSRP instead of a scalper tax.

Try the Hotstock app.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Tayter Swift posted:

Hey so is there a legit way to get on a waitlist or something for a Series X? I don't mind waiting a while but I do want to pay MSRP instead of a scalper tax.

I ended up getting an email from Microsoft to do a "build your bundle" in their store in a 24 hour window. I had to get a second controller and spend $24 on Assassin's Creed Valhalla, but I got my console. Be advised, whatever digital game you buy just gets added to your Microsoft/Xbox account, it's not a code you can flip on SA-Mart.

If you go to the Microsoft Store, you should get this popup:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Arkham Asylum is sooooo good. I love that game

Despite fundamentally not meshing with the combat system at all, absolutey marvelous title ruined by having sequels.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pirate Jet posted:

Anyone having a weird issue where Guardians of the Galaxy's brightness is cranked WAY THE gently caress UP and there's no way to sufficiently get it back down? I'm on Series X and have tried enabling and disabling Dolby Vision.

Yep I have the same issue, posted about it here. Super bright with the black levels all wonky and the colours don’t look as vibrant as the pc version. Other games look fine so I don’t think it is Xbox or tv issues, although I did try fiddling with the settings.

Googling didn’t turn up anything either so just living with it.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Barudak posted:

Despite fundamentally not meshing with the combat system at all, absolutey marvelous title ruined by having sequels.

Arkham City was good.

Arkham Knight however can get hosed. The batmobile was awful to drive and have to use in combat which they built several missions around because "Well we have the batmobile"

Also the main villain is the most obvious poo poo if you have any knowledge of Batman from the last like 30 years. I remember starting that game and as soon as the main villain is introduced I said It's going to be Jason Todd isn't it? and didn't bother actually finishing the final missions to find out because I was sick of the games poo poo at that point and instead looked it up online and realized I'd wasted many hours of my life on a game I hadn't enjoyed.

Asylum loving rules though god drat what a great game.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Cruising around in forza from the comfort of my home listening to a Spotify playlist.... xbox stays freakin winning

https://twitch.tv/epic_core_count

The only fail is that spotify doesn't go to the stream?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

Arkham City was good.

Arkham Knight however can get hosed. The batmobile was awful to drive and have to use in combat which they built several missions around because "Well we have the batmobile"

Also the main villain is the most obvious poo poo if you have any knowledge of Batman from the last like 30 years. I remember starting that game and as soon as the main villain is introduced I said It's going to be Jason Todd isn't it? and didn't bother actually finishing the final missions to find out because I was sick of the games poo poo at that point and instead looked it up online and realized I'd wasted many hours of my life on a game I hadn't enjoyed.

Asylum loving rules though god drat what a great game.

I think with Knight I wouldn't have cared if the marketing build up hadn't been "you'll never guess who it is" when even, like, in game its not much of a surprise so much as Batman not wanting to admit it.

The open worldishness of City lost me a bit. It was good but like, a half step back for me.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
xbox stays winning

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stealth tank :butt:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TheScott2K posted:

I ended up getting an email from Microsoft to do a "build your bundle" in their store in a 24 hour window. I had to get a second controller and spend $24 on Assassin's Creed Valhalla, but I got my console. Be advised, whatever digital game you buy just gets added to your Microsoft/Xbox account, it's not a code you can flip on SA-Mart.

If you go to the Microsoft Store, you should get this popup:

Holy poo poo. I checked my outlook account and had an email from Thursday. My xbox should be here in 3 days! Thanks for the heads up!!

Got Elden Ring for my game bundled game so not terrible. This is awesome. I've been trying to get one for over a year. This is the first time I've gotten an offer through the email. I signed up months ago because people said there was a chance it'd be offered. Yay!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Xbox stays winning

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

Xbox stays winning

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Xbox ways stinning!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

1glitch0 posted:

Holy poo poo. I checked my outlook account and had an email from Thursday. My xbox should be here in 3 days! Thanks for the heads up!!

Got Elden Ring for my game bundled game so not terrible. This is awesome. I've been trying to get one for over a year. This is the first time I've gotten an offer through the email. I signed up months ago because people said there was a chance it'd be offered. Yay!

LoL that's exactly how it happened for me. Someone said "check your email" and there was a days-old email in there from Microsoft.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Barudak posted:

I think with Knight I wouldn't have cared if the marketing build up hadn't been "you'll never guess who it is" when even, like, in game its not much of a surprise so much as Batman not wanting to admit it.
It's super weird considering the game interrupts itself with flashbacks showing how Jason got to that point from the start

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Interestingly it looked like it was the dolby vision setting on the console that was making gotg all grey, perhaps the tv doesn’t support it (it’s from 2017). Looks great with both that and hdr turned off (I tried turning just hdr off and it didn’t work and tried DV off and that worked, haven’t tried with just hdr on).

The story is really excellent, and after the initial weirdness of being used to Chris Pratt as Peter I like the video game guy better now.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Today I got my chance to do the Gold conversion trick, and for some reason it offered me the $1 deal. I used it way back when it was first a thing, so I don’t know why I gave me the chance again, but I’m certainly not complaining. I was gonna use Microsoft Rewards points, but now I can get the $100 credit I was saving up for without waiting to recoup the spent points. Xbox wireless headset here I come.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Thanks for the Batman info. I only paid $20 for the Arkham Collection which I guess has all the dlc.
I spent the whole morning going to Costco and the grocery store and when I got home my wife flipped a biscuit about the kids being too wound up so all I can play for the rest of the day is my switch since I’m stuck at the trampoline park with my kids. So no Batman for me today.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
a trampoline park?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Disposable Scud posted:

a trampoline park?

It's exactly what it sounds like.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Disposable Scud posted:

a trampoline park?

If you watch Bad Moms Christmas they go to one. The kids get to let all their energy out, and when we get home they are too tired to be little shits. On the bright side the Traeger is doing the heavy lifting for dinner tonight. Tri tip and baked potatoes with roasted asparagus and broccoli, red and green peppers.

They’re having fun and they are not on screen time so it’s a win even if it does cost $40 for 2 hours.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Trampoline parks rule for both kids and parents, much like Xbox Game Pass

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A couple years ago pre covid some guy died at a trampoline park here but I think he was drunk as hell.

Don’t let adults go in those we are not made of rubber like kids are!!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I saw my friend break his leg on a trampoline when I was 8 and I swore I would never hop on one again. I have kept this oath so far

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How does anyone play Jump King and not fly into a homicidal rage? If I tried this game it would end in an 18 hour stand off at an Arby's.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Finished Guardians of the Galaxy, what a great Game Pass game. I don’t think I’d replay it even for collectables but enjoyed the entire thing while playing it. Had some pretty emotional bits, kinda like the movies (especially the 2nd).

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

If I knew Guardians of the Galaxy was this good I would have bought it on release. Everything about it is excellent. The graphics, animation, combat, dialogue, pacing, sound design, and music, etc. I loved it all.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah props to the voice actors too they did a great job with established characters.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I could have done with like, 25 percent less dialogue in GOTG

It's mainly a problem in the bits where the amount of dialogue is clearly much more than the amount of time you'd spend exploring the area so you either move forward enough to cut everyone off, or just circle around like a dumbass

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

priznat posted:

Finished Guardians of the Galaxy, what a great Game Pass game. I don’t think I’d replay it even for collectables but enjoyed the entire thing while playing it. Had some pretty emotional bits, kinda like the movies (especially the 2nd).

How long is it? Trying to decide if I should play it on or off stream.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RodShaft posted:

How long is it? Trying to decide if I should play it on or off stream.

All total it was probably about 20 hours for me, could be off a couple hours either way not sure. Probably worth the download depending on the streaming bitrate.

I wasn’t rushing but I’m not a completionist either, I missed some collectables or whatever.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

runchild posted:

Today I got my chance to do the Gold conversion trick, and for some reason it offered me the $1 deal. I used it way back when it was first a thing, so I don’t know why I gave me the chance again, but I’m certainly not complaining.

This is normal if your previous Ultimate subscription ended more than around 8 months ago (not sure how long the cooldown period is exactly).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Lammasu posted:

How does anyone play Jump King and not fly into a homicidal rage? If I tried this game it would end in an 18 hour stand off at an Arby's.

You play it when you're a streamer and you earn money from your suffering.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Zat posted:

This is normal if your previous Ultimate subscription ended more than around 8 months ago (not sure how long the cooldown period is exactly).

But my Ultimate subscription had just ended that day? Maybe it’s specifically 8 months since the end of the time you were given in the last conversion, because I did add 9 months via Rewards points.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I have this random game on my Xbox series x. Does anyone know what it is

https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Beef-Beta/9mz23hq4rhqv

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

runchild posted:

But my Ultimate subscription had just ended that day? Maybe it’s specifically 8 months since the end of the time you were given in the last conversion, because I did add 9 months via Rewards points.

Oh yeah, that could be a real possibility. I can't think of any other explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

aperfectcirclefan posted:

I have this random game on my Xbox series x. Does anyone know what it is

https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Beef-Beta/9mz23hq4rhqv

It's what's for dinner (pre-beta).