Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not eating the breakfast my father prepared?

quote:

And, well, since my father is my father, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he'd know that.

Some people take their parents for granted and you can really loving tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

Ziv Zulander posted:

The ancient Romans used to put lead into their wine to make it sweeter. Humanity in general just friggin loves the stuff

Now I'm wondering if the walls at my grandmas house taste sweet

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not remembering birthdays?

Reddit reminds the poster there are these things called calendars/phone reminders.

poo poo, I put reminders on my phone just in case for my friends' and nephews' birthdays because I don't want to forget, and it's easy to when there's like a dozen to remember.

I'm terrible at poo poo like this, so I keep reminders on my phone, the calendar on my computer, email alerts and even a physical calendar at work. Just don't ask me "What day is my birthday?" because I will have no loving idea.

It's not that I don't care, my brain just doesn't generic people stuff well. So I set all the reminders in the world.

Because that stuff is important to people. And if they're important to you, then you make drat sure to keep track of those dates.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

no_tears posted:

It's one reason toddlers are at risk for eating paint chips.

This might not be true.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm terrible at poo poo like this, so I keep reminders on my phone, the calendar on my computer, email alerts and even a physical calendar at work. Just don't ask me "What day is my birthday?" because I will have no loving idea.

It's not that I don't care, my brain just doesn't generic people stuff well. So I set all the reminders in the world.

Because that stuff is important to people. And if they're important to you, then you make drat sure to keep track of those dates.

Are you me? This is basically my setup. I'm also terrible with what day of the week the day currently is and frequently get that wrong. Years of shift work completely broke my ability to keep track of a calendar in my head.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's this, 100%. I do not remember dates. Instead of becoming a NEET and pissing off everyone that means anything to me I decided to deal with it and simply keep a calendar. That used to be an actual paper calendar and has obviously been a phone thing since that's been an option.

This goes under the category of weaponizing self-diagnosed disorders as a means to not have to do poo poo.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Are you me?

I sure am, getting a smartphone after relying on flip phones all my life was a game-changer.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

no_tears posted:

You'd remember if you hadn't eaten so much of the paint there.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for refusing to give up my study for my stepdaughter?

quote:

I [41F] have been living with my boyfriend Matt [40M] for two years, together for four. Matt has a daughter, Phoebe [F7], who lives with her mum, literally around the corner. It's maybe a three minute walk between our houses, so Phoebe spends a lot of time at ours but always sleeps at her mum's.

However, Phoebe's mum is moving to a bigger house because she's expecting another baby. This means Phoebe will be about thirty minutes away, so will be spending nights with us.

We have what's technically a two-bed house, but one of those bedrooms is my study. I WFH in a job with high data security requirements. Matt wants me to give up my study so Phoebe can have a bedroom. While I could technically put a bed in my study and share it with Phoebe, it would make it harder for me to work, and it would mean she couldn't be in her bedroom during working hours.

I've suggested that either we move to a three-bedroom house, or look at converting our attic into a bedroom. Either of these options would involve borrowing money and Matt has a near-phobia of debt due to his chaotic childhood. (I own our current house outright, having inherited it from my gran before I met Matt. I don't charge him rent; we split utilities and groceries proportionate to income; I cover all maintenance costs but he helps out with the labour.)

He says I'm being selfish for putting myself before Phoebe. I say he's being selfish for the same reason.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

NTA and breakup.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

"This hand tastes so delicious I can't believe I never thought about biting it before?"

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Bonster posted:

It's one reason toddlers are at risk for eating paint chips.

This might not be true.

No, it is. Lead tastes sweet, that's why some people eat paint chips.

Mx. posted:

AITA for flipping out on my husband for selling my antique clock while I was at the hospital?

oh honey

Hey now, aren't you being a little hard on OP? With all the income her husband makes charging a toll on the bridge he just bought with this clock money, he'll be able to buy an even better clock. He said the check was in the mail, and it's impossible to lie about that.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not eating the breakfast my father prepared?

The thing is, I don't eat salty breakfasts, I havent for years. When I tried to have scrambled eggs for breakfast like a month ago, it made me feel unwell for half of the day.

I'm willing to bet her father dumps a bucket of salt on everything.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

I'm willing to bet her father dumps a bucket of salt on everything.

That or it's mostly a power move of the "respect me authority/person" thing. Ordering your adult children around in minor ways is like oxygen to these people.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Invisible Clergy posted:

No, it is. Lead tastes sweet
Well that certainly explains a lot about your posts.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

Some people take their parents for granted and you can really loving tell.

You are clearly not someone whose father could not figure out what they liked or didn't like for motherfucking decades despite being reminded over and over again because he was often responsible for dinner! But at least my dad has the grace to apologize when he fucks it up yet again.

She hasn't done this for years and instead of going "Oh poo poo, sorry, you're right," he screamed until she cried. The dad is the rear end in a top hat here. I wouldn't take that dad for anything, much less granted.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

pentyne posted:

That or it's mostly a power move of the "respect me authority/person" thing. Ordering your adult children around in minor ways is like oxygen to these people.

It's your weekend and you want to sleep? No, I've cooked breakfast, so get out of bed and eat. Now!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

You are clearly not someone whose father could not figure out what they liked or didn't like for motherfucking decades despite being reminded over and over again because he was often responsible for dinner! But at least my dad has the grace to apologize when he fucks it up yet again.

She hasn't done this for years and instead of going "Oh poo poo, sorry, you're right," he screamed until she cried. The dad is the rear end in a top hat here. I wouldn't take that dad for anything, much less granted.

I think I'd have had to have a father, or mother, that made food to know what that's like. It's also totally normal and not immature at all to assume that everyone around you understands your dietary preferences.

The dad was a douchebag, but he did apologize, which indicates some superficial recognition of wrongdoing. All I'm saying is that the kid doesn't seem like much of a prize, and that maybe (just maybe) there are in fact tiers of lovely parenting below "they made me a breakfast I couldn't eat and acted badly about that."

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my RA I pay to go to school here and she can go ahead and try to stop me from spending time in my apartment?

quote:

My (18F) school, like basically every college, requires freshmen to live on campus. However, at my school, like 99% of people live on campus all four years. It’s considered extremely weird to live off-campus. It’s not even thought of by most students, and the only people who ever do are usually veteran students in their thirties. And there aren’t very many veterans.

But it’s very common for students to live on campus, but have an apartment downtown for weekend parties or whenever they feel like staying somewhere else. I obviously live in my dorm, but I have an apartment in the city center where I throw parties, and I stay there whenever I feel like leaving the dorm.

My roommate is jealous that she always has to stay in the room since she had nowhere else to go, and we don’t get along in general, so she reported to the RA that I’m “not living on campus.” I guess she thought the RA can make me live on campus or something.

The RA hates our room since my roommate always causes problems for her by trying and failing to report me for various things. The RA came to “remind me” that all freshmen students must live on campus. I said I do live on campus (I pay for a dorm, it’s part of the bill). I just happen to spend a lot of overnight time at my apartment in the city.

It was extremely annoying. The RA was like “Well, freshmen are supposed to stay on campus.” The thing is, the school has absolutely no ability to control what I do or where I go, as long as I’m paying for residence on campus. If I have an apartment elsewhere, and I stay there, no one can do anything about it, as long as I’m paying for my dorm on campus. What I’m doing is actually very popular with students.

I pay $70K a year for school, and campus housing is included in the cost. As long as I pay for housing, in reality, I can stay wherever I want. They can’t do anything if I, an adult, decide I want to have an apartment. It’s not like they can seize my personal property or inquire about it at all.

So I told the RA “I pay my bill for housing. If the school wants to try to stop me from owning an apartment or wants to try to control my movements, they’re welcome to try it.” Because they obviously can’t actually do anything.

So the RA was just like “Well, I have to tell you that freshmen must live on campus, so I’m just saying that.” And she left. She told my roommate that she can’t actually do anything if I want to pay for housing and pay for an apartment elsewhere though. As long as I pay the housing bill, I can do whatever.

So my roommate said I “mentally abused the RA” and “gaslighted her” or something.

The gently caress kind of rich people uni is this

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my RA I pay to go to school here and she can go ahead and try to stop me from spending time in my apartment?

The gently caress kind of rich people uni is this

Again one of those stupid posts where what the hell does she want Reddit to do for her exactly? Either they have a policy in place that includes checking up on whether freshmen use the included accommodations or they don't. She'll find out soon enough!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Jfc people are paying two rents to throw parties???

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

quote:

My (18F) school, like basically every college, requires freshmen to live on campus.

This is very weird.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Lone Badger posted:

This is very weird.

It's unusual that the cost is included in tuition, I'm used to them just requiring it when it costs extra and is about twice as expensive as just sharing an apartment/house in town. At least then you realize it's a grift.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

mind the walrus posted:

I think I'd have had to have a father, or mother, that made food to know what that's like. It's also totally normal and not immature at all to assume that everyone around you understands your dietary preferences.

The dad was a douchebag, but he did apologize, which indicates some superficial recognition of wrongdoing. All I'm saying is that the kid doesn't seem like much of a prize, and that maybe (just maybe) there are in fact tiers of lovely parenting below "they made me a breakfast I couldn't eat and acted badly about that."

Lmfao what the gently caress are you talking about, this psycho yelled at his daughter until she cried because she didn't want breakfast

I really hope you never have kids lol

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It was a thing at my college too but it was more a "We strongly encourage freshman to live on campus" thing, to get them used to dorm life and also make it easier to get to classes.

The same way the also strongly encouraged seniors to not live on campus but gently caress them I wasn't paying gas for that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Honestly, "campus" is such a tax avoidance scam.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
You can even imagine some non-grift reasons to want 1st year students on campus (helps them adjust to their newfound adulthood, makes it more likely they make friends and stick around).

Paying for a second apartment off campus is some extremely rich person poo poo, though, especially with the cost of university tuition nowadays, so I don't have a ton of sympathy for her.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Brandfarlig posted:

Several if not most Chinese dynasties had succession issues due to emperors dying in their thirties from mercury poisoning as a result of trying to find elixirs for eternal life.
For most of the last of the 19th century, the Japanese Imperial family died young of beriberi. Highly-polished white rice will do that to you.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

This isn't "everyone around you," it's her dad. Her dad is one of the people who feeds her. It's reasonable to expect that someone you eat meals with might absorb the things that you don't eat and that make you sick, especially if they do the food-making. It's reasonable to point that out so they remember in the future and then eat something else. What did you want her to do, eat it and puke? It is also reasonable to be miffed when it doesn't happen. Everyone gets miffed at their parents every so often. Even good parents.

It is not reasonable to scream at your kid until they cry and only apologize when your wife makes you AND tells you what to say. Those things are, in fact, particularly bad! Like yeah, the dad isn't hitting her, but he's screaming until she cries over a minor misunderstanding, over something the kid would probably be just a bit annoyed at if it didn't lead to screaming. That's bad.

All I'm hearing is "I had it worse, so I resent people who had it better (even marginally). They can't be unhappy about it, or they're assholes." That's a bad place to be, man. :therapy:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Incoherence posted:

You can even imagine some non-grift reasons to want 1st year students on campus (helps them adjust to their newfound adulthood, makes it more likely they make friends and stick around).

Paying for a second apartment off campus is some extremely rich person poo poo, though, especially with the cost of university tuition nowadays, so I don't have a ton of sympathy for her.

quote:

It’s always jealousy, dude, on Reddit. I’m certainly not going to be apologetic or meek or “gracious.” I have money, and I’m just fine with that. I don’t owe anyone anything, especially deference.

quote:

It’s the exact same thing. If someone is that thick that they think any 18-year-old student saying “I pay $70K” is talking about themselves individually, not their family, I’m concerned for their intelligence. And please, all of you were saying my dad pays and disrespecting my mom (And women in general), so don’t change your sexist tune now.

OP seems to generally be an rear end in a top hat, just not for the reason they asked. They're weirdly defensive about something the RA doesn't even seem to care about, but there's not any reason for the roommate to make an issue of it in the first place. The roommate is probably on their own for the first time and assumed the dorm would be some forced socialization, instead they were bunked with a rich kid who just noped out to their apartment on a regular basis.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
My [28F] boyfriend [30M] of 2 years has told me I can't replace the popsicle maker he got me without seriously offending him. Should I just let it go?

quote:

Posted by u/popsiclecurse

As relationship problems go, this isn't really the worst one to have. But for our first Christmas together, my boyfriend asked me what I wanted and I said I wanted a single quick pop maker. Basically it's a little thing that sits in your freezer and if you put some juice inside it freezes in a minute or two and bam, you have a popsicle. Pretty neat right? Except when he went to the store they didn't have the single version so he bought one that makes three at a time. This seemed fine to me since three is better than one after all. But after using it a couple of times it became apparent that three is also significantly larger than one and there wasn't always enough room in his pretty small freezer, which was a problem because it needed to be chilled for like 24 hours before use (I kept it at his place because I lived with a hoarder housemate and there was NEVER enough room in our freezer). Keeping a popsicle thing in your freezer to make you a popsicle whenever you want is pretty cool. Planning 24 hours in advance if you want a popsicle is kind of a chore, so I soon stopped using the thing.

Anyway, that was 2 years ago and I still like the idea of instant popsicles so I've floated the idea of selling/giving away the large thing and getting the one-pop version a few times but for some reason he hates the idea to the point that he even said if I don't want it he'll take it, therefore I can't get rid of it because I'd be getting rid of his stuff (btw he's never made a single popsicle with it and there's no reason to suspect he'd start). He's said getting rid of it would mean I don't appreciate his gift which seems pretty unfair considering I asked for a specific product and got something else. Besides, I do appreciate the gift, I just feel like it's impractical. Now that I've moved in there's even less freezer space because I have to cook for my cat and half the freezer is perpetually taken up by cat food. His response to this is to say I can take up as much space as I want in the freezer with the popsicle thing and he'll make space which is nice but also dumb considering I could just replace it with a smaller thing! Probably dumber is his suggestion that I buy the smaller version but keep the bigger one that is definitely never going to be used again. I think the main issue is he seems to think it's disrespectful to ever get rid of a gift because he also keeps a foot-tall Smurf statue and a giant pizza cutter (he has never made a pizza in his life) in the kitchen for no reason other than because they were gifts. Anyway how do I convince him I do appreciate his gift but it's my drat popsicle maker now and I can do whatever I want with it? Or should I just buy the smaller thing and accept that one of our cupboards will be taken up by a useless appliance forever?

Edit: God drat some of y'all are way more invested in this popsicle business than either of us are. Thanks for the advice everyone else.

tl;dr: Boyfriend gets offended by the idea of me getting rid of white elephant popsicle maker help
From the archives, using the "search for random keyword that popped into your head" method.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Incoherence posted:

My [28F] boyfriend [30M] of 2 years has told me I can't replace the popsicle maker he got me without seriously offending him. Should I just let it go?

From the archives, using the "search for random keyword that popped into your head" method.

I don't think your former housemate is the only one with hoarder tendencies, OP.

Also.... cook for your cat?! What?!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

OP seems to generally be an rear end in a top hat, just not for the reason they asked. They're weirdly defensive about something the RA doesn't even seem to care about, but there's not any reason for the roommate to make an issue of it in the first place. The roommate is probably on their own for the first time and assumed the dorm would be some forced socialization, instead they were bunked with a rich kid who just noped out to their apartment on a regular basis.

I feel sorry for the RA. On one hand, they’ve got the roommate who doesn’t quite seem to get that college is not summer camp, and on the other, they’ve got the OP who doesn’t quite seem to get that the RA does not give a poo poo and is just crossing their Ts.

The OP should also probably be aware that prissy-pants private universities, which it sounds like she attends, hold her enrollment in their palm, and they’ll only extend it so long as the money she’s paying them outweighs the headache she’s causing, so her “gotcha” attitude is fairly naive.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

OP seems to generally be an rear end in a top hat, just not for the reason they asked. They're weirdly defensive about something the RA doesn't even seem to care about

> I have money, and I’m just fine with that. I don’t owe anyone anything, especially deference.

> If someone is that thick that they think any 18-year-old student saying “I pay $70K” is talking about themselves individually, not their family
Your family has money.

I just want to know what % "very common" to have a separate apartment actually is.

OP is definitely Leighton from Sex Lives of College Girls.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't think your former housemate is the only one with hoarder tendencies, OP.

Also.... cook for your cat?! What?!

She might be preparing “raw” food. You grind and mix up a bunch of stuff at once and freeze it pre-portioned. It’s…idk, it’s a lot of work and pet food & nutrition is a contentious subject.

Myopically rich college roommates are certainly something. I heard multiple stories of rich kids throwing out and buying new dishware instead of cleaning their own loving plates.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my sister actions have consequences and she doesn’t deserve her kid?

quote:

My (19F) sister (27F) and her husband have been thinking about having a baby for awhile. My sister is very type A so she had her midwife and birth plan and backup hospital all planned before she was even pregnant.

I don’t morally believe in childbirth as there are tons of kids who need adoption but my mom is excited to be a grandma and I live with her so I feel like I’ve heard constantly about this kid for way more than 8 months.

It’s honestly been like 2 years of my mom talking to everyone including me and knowing how I feel about it about this baby. I’m burnt out.

This Friday my mom dragged me to my sisters for dinner and my sister was obviously upset. She said she didn’t want to talk about it but my mom convinced her to and she told us some complications had come up and she was being moved from midwife care to a male OB. She was extremely upset about this. My crush wants to be a doctor and is a super nice guy so I asked her what her issue was with male doctors. Gender shouldn’t matter.

She said (in front of our mom!) she had trauma from men in the medical profession and was really upset her whole plan was changing and she was really worried and uncomfortable. I pointed out literally any profession of person can be a creep and the majority of DRs are professional so she should just get over it. She also dated a doctor so…?

Also a quick google search will tell anyone birthplans change all the time. It’s part of the deal. Also relevant here we live somewhere with given healthcare so you can’t just like pick and choose doctors. If she knew she had these hangups she really should have either figured it out before getting pregnant or not gotten pregnant.

She then said she was trying to stay with her midwife even if it might be “a bit” riskier. This made me really annoyed. My mom was supportive which appalled me so I told her that it was a stupid and selfish decision and that actions have consequences. If she knew she would have these issues she should have adopted in the first place and I told her she didn’t deserve her kid if she wouldn’t sacrifice her comfort for actual physical safety for one day.

She kicked me out of her house and now my mom is barely speaking to me. My friends and crush who knows A LOT about medicine already totally agree with me as does logic I feel but my family is pissed. I know my words were harsh but I just wanted her to see the reality of the situation. AITA for stating the obvious?

quote:

I don’t morally believe in childbirth

While I think that adoption is admirable, just HOW does OP think that these magical children appeared in the system?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my sister actions have consequences and she doesn’t deserve her kid?

While I think that adoption is admirable, just HOW does OP think that these magical children appeared in the system?

People making deals with unlicensed, fly-by-night witches.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Evil Willow posted:

Stork.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Evil Willow posted:

Maybe she's an antinatalist: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinatalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for not making my teenage son wear a helmet when he skateboards?

quote:

My (42M) son (15M) is a good kid and loves to skateboard. He's actually pretty talented, and is even "sponsored" by the local skate shop. He's skated since he was 7. Until he was 13 or so I always made him wear a helmet. He started resisting wearing a helmet around then, and while I would prefer that he does wear a helmet, I know I can't control every aspect of his life. By that point his body had learned how to fall "correctly" when he screws up a trick (I used to skate back in the day, if you skateboard you know what I mean). So I made a compromise with him - if he's just out street skating with his friends, he doesn't need to wear a helmet, but if he's at a park that requires it or is skating a bowl or half pipe, or if he's otherwise attempting something dangerous for the first time, then he needs to wear one. He readily agreed and has been good about wearing a helmet in those circumstances.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago my wife (41F) was running an errand the other day and saw our son skateboarding, doing tricks down a small 5-stair set, and he wasn't wearing a helmet. She flipped out, pulled over, yelled at him in front of his friends and made him come home. Now... it's not that my wife didn't know about my helmet "rules", but in her view what he was doing qualified as dangerous (he can ollie down stair sets almost 3x that size). She's never really loved that he's been into skateboarding (she always wanted him to do team sports) and as such, I don't think she fully appreciates how good he is for his age nor does she understand that he knows what his limits are and what he's doing. She is now insisting that he wear a helmet at all times much to my son's chagrin.

I pointed out to her (privately) that this is ridiculous. He's at an age where he can make this choice himself, and on top of that, our daughter (14F) who does cheer and gymnastics and doesn't have to wear a helmet despite head injuries being fairly common in those sports. To make my point, I got one of those cheerleader helmets and declared that she now needs to wear a helmet too since her brother has to now. Our daughter is kind of a weirdo and to her credit thinks this is all pretty funny, and said something like "I will be known as the Helmet Queen" and started wearing it at practice. My wife is now freaking out because she doesn't want our daughter to stick out at games or competitions and make people think that she's special needs (yes, seriously she said that). My wife is saying I'm both undermining her and encouraging our son to do dangerous things, and that our daughter is going to get bullied for wearing a helmet. So AITA?

r/relationships: "I will be known as the Helmet Queen"