Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lmfao

Yeah I’m pre-ordering this game holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the only bad thing I’ll ever say about strangers of paradise in my life is that it’s kinda ridiculous how blurry this game is even on PS5. Nioh 2 Definitive Edition looked so much better, what happened?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
https://twitter.com/PowerfulHag/status/1503420224682422274?s=20&t=K72aAoRLvRbj9IvwJjJisQ

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
"That's my secret: I'm always an angry man."

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I only just noticed that when you clear a mission for the first time you unlock an alternate version that has higher reqs but gives more rewards. Might try one out tomorrow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

my only concern having just finished the latest demo is it feels way easier than the demo before was, even on Hard mode

I of course already have it preordered anyway though

The game does ramp up but I recommend starting on hard

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Ibblebibble posted:

I only just noticed that when you clear a mission for the first time you unlock an alternate version that has higher reqs but gives more rewards. Might try one out tomorrow.

The sidequests seem to involve running through the missions in reverse, starting from just outside the boss area. At least that's how the demo side missions were.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Hard has different enemy placements and boss attack patterns, it isn't just bigger damage numbers.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Its pretty remarkable how stupid this game is going to be. Starting to think I want to kill Chaos now.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/powerfulhag/status/1503420224682422274?s=21

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Hard has different enemy placements and boss attack patterns, it isn't just bigger damage numbers.

Does it drop higher level/rarity loot as well? The UI looks like it's the same but in the 2nd demo I think the harder difficulty upped the gear strength as well didn't it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Does it drop higher level/rarity loot as well? The UI looks like it's the same but in the 2nd demo I think the harder difficulty upped the gear strength as well didn't it?

You have a higher chance of better gear. Finishing the game unlock a Chaos difficulty were things are harder and you unlock new ways to level. Chaos itself has multiple difficulty options too.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How's demo performance on the PS4?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Zerilan posted:

Smooth but it looks like mud.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He didn't cut her off, he listened to the whole thing and then said his side of the story, it just happened to be much shorter

Honestly, the fact that he listened to her whole story and only interrupts the wackos grandstanding about their power shows his intuition on these things

A decade of Cleritic doing the same poo poo and the same people fall for it

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zerilan posted:

It appears to be relying very heavily on dynamic resolution scaling so it frequently looks super grainy and low-res, but it's tolerable in battle. Cutscenes look pretty :wtc: sometimes though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I beat the boss of the demo's last level and all Jack's friends are like "wow, he's strong" and "yeah! he's back to normal!"

what? when did he imply he felt off or in any way differently than normal?

is there stuff that's not in the demo or is this just nonsense? I love it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I beat the boss of the demo's last level and all Jack's friends are like "wow, he's strong" and "yeah! he's back to normal!"

It seems heavily implied there's an amnesia or time loop thing going on... but at the same time if they never explain it lol

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

I think there’s big chunks of game excluded in the demo, yeah. Just the necessary cutscenes to set up the who/what/why (Chaos/Chaos/Chaos).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HD DAD posted:

I think there’s big chunks of game excluded in the demo, yeah. Just the necessary cutscenes to set up the who/what/why (Chaos/Chaos/Chaos).

You poor sweet summer child

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

HD DAD posted:

Considering we can import our demo savedata into the main game... I think what we're seeing is the final product.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair that bit does get explained later

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So does the full game have a bestiary like the Nioh games?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair that bit does get explained later

Does it even need explaining? Chaos needs to be killed.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Arrrthritis posted:

Does it even need explaining? Chaos needs to be killed.

Chaos = bad. Killing Chaos = good.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ImpAtom posted:

You have a higher chance of better gear. Finishing the game unlock a Chaos difficulty were things are harder and you unlock new ways to level. Chaos itself has multiple difficulty options too.

Oh hell yes it has Nioh style difficulty options? I always thought that was one of the neatest NG+ difficulties in a game. Does it include entirely new tiers of gear too?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Oh hell yes it has Nioh style difficulty options? I always thought that was one of the neatest NG+ difficulties in a game. Does it include entirely new tiers of gear too?

Yep. You can get special Artifact Gear that has two affinities instead of one as well as Crests you can use to alter affinities

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ImpAtom posted:

The Diablo comparisons were accurate...

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Still not done with the demo yet. Why does the lead-up to Bikke have to be such a pain in the rear end? It's like a toss up whether I can get the beefy guys on their own or if they all gang up on me at once. I'd probably be better off running past everything.

Bikke himself: I get him. I get his attacks, and I get that he keeps calling in backup, but the lock-on/camera does not do me any favors and I wind up eating too many perfectly dodgeable/shieldable hits trying to reorient myself. Trying to use Swordsman/Pugilist but either my attacks are too slow or I'm not doing that much damage.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Using -ga spells against Bikke is extremely good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Diablo comparisons were accurate...

Yeah it's not inaccurate to say that Nioh/SOP takes inspiration from lootgaem for its, uh..loot. Nioh 2 (maybe a later patch of N1) let you filter stuff from being pickupable, which was nice.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Grimthwacker posted:

Still not done with the demo yet. Why does the lead-up to Bikke have to be such a pain in the rear end? It's like a toss up whether I can get the beefy guys on their own or if they all gang up on me at once. I'd probably be better off running past everything.

Bikke himself: I get him. I get his attacks, and I get that he keeps calling in backup, but the lock-on/camera does not do me any favors and I wind up eating too many perfectly dodgeable/shieldable hits trying to reorient myself. Trying to use Swordsman/Pugilist but either my attacks are too slow or I'm not doing that much damage.

Ronin's default R2 works well because you just dodge away from one of his big slow attacks, charge it up, and drop 2-3k damage on him before he can hit you.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Bikke isn't too difficult if you just yeet a spear at him while he's charging at you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah it's not inaccurate to say that Nioh/SOP takes inspiration from lootgaem for its, uh..loot. Nioh 2 (maybe a later patch of N1) let you filter stuff from being pickupable, which was nice.

You can do it in the options here and I *really* recommend it. Start at like 1 or 2* (you can still pick up greys if you want, you just have to manually do it) and then bump it up the further you get along. No, you don't need that grey katana. You are barely going to use it. It doesn't even make good vendor trash.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Arrrthritis posted:

Bikke isn't too difficult if you just yeet a spear at him while he's charging at you.

This can be used to solve any problem tbh.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I was planning on going back to Horizon after finishing Elden Ring but somehow this completely stupid game diverted me, lol.

It is really bad in a lot of ways but if you’re looking for that grungy old PS2 ARPG feeling then this is the jam, baby

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
The thing that annoys me the most about this game is that no boss seems to be able to be stunned at all (Bikke was annoying, Black Knight was more so due to this reason). Like, you don't need to have them juggled like normal enemies, but give me something game.

If anything, the game is going to make me squeeze it in-between Triangle Strategy and a DMC5 replay (that, and my SO really wants to see this dumb story unfold too). So congrats Jack, you got my $60

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/enigma0451/status/1503513501314293762

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

You can do it in the options here and I *really* recommend it. Start at like 1 or 2* (you can still pick up greys if you want, you just have to manually do it) and then bump it up the further you get along. No, you don't need that grey katana. You are barely going to use it. It doesn't even make good vendor trash.

Ah they did keep it, good poo poo