Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A.o.D. posted:

If an actual war happens, yes, otherwise probably not, but there may be exceptions?

I meant more for congressmen being bought and paid for and not like actual potential treason poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I knew it was obvious, but I didn't realise it was that blatant.

It's part of the fallout of being scandal-a-minute for four years. There's never enough time to swallow the whole elephant so lots of stuff gets leftover. He was probably saying the Central Park 5 deserved the death penalty for being too Black the next day or some poo poo.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Dudes may in fact rock
https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1503491064254144516?t=EgLrar8GXAv8lVeXD6P91A&s=19

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Technical time! No Hi Luxes yet.

https://twitter.com/uaweapons/status/1503491064254144516?s=21

Edit: that’s what I get for not reading the posts that I have unread.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hey did you all see this gun on this truck?

https://twitter.com/uaweapons/status/1503491064254144516?s=21

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It even got called out at the time!

What I don't understand is why Putin waited so long for the invasion. I think maybe he didn't believe Trump could lose and was hoping the us would leave NATO in his second term.

Look at how a little statesmanship at the right time and some conciliatory actions have essentially brought all of Europe into a sense of mutual reliance and willingness to work together.

Now, think about how that could have gone horribly wrong into innuendo and backbiting about ‘what they did to our Ned’ back in the day if there had been someone shoving sticks into the spokes.

It’s not a happy thought.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/notwoofers/status/1503509416204713987?s=21

I attribute this all two incompetence and not actual deliberate Russian planning, assuming it even happened.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

It's part of the fallout of being scandal-a-minute for four years. There's never enough time to swallow the whole elephant so lots of stuff gets leftover. He was probably saying the Central Park 5 deserved the death penalty for being too Black the next day or some poo poo.

I think it was when he live tweeted threats at ethnically Ukrainian Alexander Vindmann during his testimony.

Remember that part of all that was when they pushed Vindmann out of his role as advisor on Ukraine and Russia matters and replaced him with Devin Nunes stooge/staffer and all around sketch guy Kash Patel?

Yeah, that seems even more fishy in hindsight. Like, what reason would you have to remove the expert from the analysis system unless you are looking to provide bunk analysis to reach pretextual conclusions?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Murgos posted:

Look at how a little statesmanship at the right time and some conciliatory actions have essentially brought all of Europe into a sense of mutual reliance and willingness to work together.

Now, think about how that could have gone horribly wrong into innuendo and backbiting about ‘what they did to our Ned’ back in the day if there had been someone shoving sticks into the spokes.

It’s not a happy thought.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/dimi/status/1503484449987743746?s=21

The Russian military and the rest of the kleptocracy sucks so much.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

I get having a technical if your opposition is militia in t-shirts with rifles, but this seems like a good way to die against an enemy with real weaponry.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't take any fast left turns, and go easy on rights too.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Flappy Bert posted:

I get having a technical if your opposition is militia in t-shirts with rifles, but this seems like a good way to die against an enemy with real weaponry.

On the other hand it might come in handy occasionally, like if your enemy with real weaponry is just moseying down the middle of the road in a tight pack and for some reason refuses to dive for cover in the tree line.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Marshal Prolapse posted:

https://twitter.com/dimi/status/1503484449987743746?s=21

The Russian military and the rest of the kleptocracy sucks so much.

The best part is when you realize that even if China were to deliver these items to Russia that 80% of them would still be grifted away and sold on eBay.

Think of all the money you could make selling Chinese MREs on eBay to western war tourists?

Edit: Also, now I’m picturing Dave Chappell twitching and asking if, “you got any of those drones?”

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Flappy Bert posted:

In a situation like this, the use of a technical is shoot and scoot ambushes. (talking out of my rear end)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LRADIKAL posted:

In a situation like this, the use of a technical is shoot and scoot ambushes. (talking out of my rear end)

It’s also useful for manning checkpoints.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Good point, BEHIND the sandbags and concrete barriers, truck pointed towards the escape route.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
How would these supplies get to the front line? Overland by train through Russia? How big is the Russian cargo train capacity in that region? Wouldn't it take ages? Or by ship? Is it possible to sail from Shanghai for example all the way up north to ports in the western part of Russia? Though the supplies would still need to be transported south to Ukraine. Or deliver military goods directly to Crimea? But that would presumably not help the reportedly much more undersupplied northern front. Could the EE NATO states check train cargo going from Kaliningrad to the rest of Russia? Or would supplies need to be brought St. Petersburg, and then transported south through Belarus?

Any way I slice it, it seems like a logistics nightmare, but perhaps I'm overlooking something?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Torrannor posted:

How would these supplies get to the front line? Overland by train through Russia? How big is the Russian cargo train capacity in that region? Wouldn't it take ages? O. . .. ?

Any way I slice it, it seems like a logistics nightmare, but perhaps I'm overlooking something?

No no this is a very well thought out plan and will totally work like their other plans have so far (rail and road connections between China and Russia are very limited and would take forever to move any significant capacity, but may be beat available option).

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

No no this is a very well thought out plan and will totally work like their other plans have so far (rail and road connections between China and Russia are very limited and would take forever to move any significant capacity, but may be beat available option).

They'd use some of that massive Russian airlift capacity.

Hey doesn't one of their neighbors have a giant plane they could- oh

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I bet there are some military intelligence guys getting itchy fingers just looking at these pictures
Thread has more pictures, as does the nested post
https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1503540516696182785?t=bwImEBXp51l6qyieaTstBA&s=19
Seems to be the only advanced tech Russia has that appears to work

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I dont have an ounce of class, so I'm going to say that I'd prefer not to see Russian PENAIDS

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
China will provide Russia with much needed cargo containers full of unsold fidget spinners, booties for your pet dog, and keychain truck nuts

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Flappy Bert posted:

Older armored vehicles that russia uses to move their troops around can still be at risk from russian 50 cal. As we've seen anything that can run being used, I'm willing to venture a technical like this is still useful in ambushes when you're not engaging tanks

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I dont have an ounce of class, so I'm going to say that I'd prefer not to see Russian PENAIDS

Saw too much on the Slavic crime yacht?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

condolences on your pen0r induced ptsd

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
New thread title should include penaids

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Alan Smithee posted:

"We know Putin has PENAIDS, thx"?

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Putins pantsir down, penaids captured by NATO

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

manpads for my penaids

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Alan Smithee posted:

Pantsir around anklesir: "Does this look like PENAIDS to you sir?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/spencerguard/status/1503552552029220870?s=21

John Spencer talking about a potential Battle of Kyiv and says the most apt comparison isn’t Gronzy…it’s Stalingrad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Russian hoisted by its own penaids.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Putin caught exposing his penaids to minor powers

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

https://twitter.com/spencerguard/status/1503552552029220870?s=21

John Spencer talking about a potential Battle of Kyiv and says the most apt comparison isn’t Gronzy…it’s Stalingrad.

Is there a transcripts for us plebians who can't sit through a podcast?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Putin posses small PENAIDS, function still unclear

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

bees everywhere posted:

Putin caught exposing his penaids to minor powers

Winner.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quackles posted:

Is there a transcripts for us plebians who can't sit through a podcast?

Not that I noticed, but it also just went up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Apply PENAIDS directly to the forehead.