Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I’m definitely flexing but I one tapped my way from 14 to 15 in tier2 and only failed twice on 13 to 14. I’m ready to get completely owned by RNG now that I’m in tier3.

When do honing rates drop from 100%, +6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
yeah, i am 1086 right now. i have been slowly creeping to 1100 the past two weeks - more because i haven't had a lot of time to dedicate beyond chaos dungeons, guardian raids, and dailies. it is pretty soul crushing from 1080 to 1100.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Hy_C posted:

I’m definitely flexing but I one tapped my way from 14 to 15 in tier2 and only failed twice on 13 to 14. I’m ready to get completely owned by RNG now that I’m in tier3.

That's when I noticed the drop in T1, would make sense if it holds for future tiers too.

Hit 480 on my alt and officially declaring her my main now, Deathblade is so much more fragile than Artillerist was but it's also way more fun (as long as your inputs register, which isn't happening 100% for me yet). Still saving that third power pass for when I decide on another class, and/or Scouter or Spear Lady.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looks like Harmony Island is showing up today if you still need the song. It says 1PM EST is the next time it's appearing but I'm worried about DST shenanigans meaning it's actually at noon or something.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

explosivo posted:

Looks like Harmony Island is showing up today if you still need the song. It says 1PM EST is the next time it's appearing but I'm worried about DST shenanigans meaning it's actually at noon or something.

It is actually at Noon EST and then again at 2PM.

It was supposed to be 11am and 1pm but its pushed back an hour each time. I can confirm they didn't fix the clocks because tooki island was at 9:50 EST today instead of the normal 8:50 its supposed to be at. I normally do my tooki daily during my morning waste of time work call!!

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 14, 2022

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

explosivo posted:

The clocks were an hour off yesterday so unless they fixed it last night then they probably still are

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shiiit thanks for the heads up

Edit: I got 166 silver and no song :smithicide:

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 14, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

yeah, i am 1086 right now. i have been slowly creeping to 1100 the past two weeks - more because i haven't had a lot of time to dedicate beyond chaos dungeons, guardian raids, and dailies. it is pretty soul crushing from 1080 to 1100.

I've been waiting until I build up my collection of moon breaths before honing an item. So its slower, but at least I don't have to see the fail message and waste resources.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

*leans into microphone*

gently caress harmony island

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

explosivo posted:

*leans into microphone*

big same

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I guess I got lucky. First time trying harmony island after someone mentioned it here back on saturday and the very first event awarded me the song. Still don't have the soul token though.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Is reset determined by the server? As in NA West reset is now 3 AM PDT while NA East is 3 AM EDT? Because having the daily chaos rift or boss spawn roll over by like 3 hours and counting towards the next day at reset time is some really dumb stuff.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

I said come in! posted:

I've been waiting until I build up my collection of moon breaths before honing an item. So its slower, but at least I don't have to see the fail message and waste resources.

Yeah, honestly depending on market prices I think it’s worth just buying & using moons breath off the market outright for going from 13-15. My halfass google probability search seemed to justify it cost-wise, and it’s definitely worth just not having to fail a bunch of 40-50% rolls.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Plus, using the Moon's Breath fills up your pity meter faster if you get really unlucky.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hyper Inferno posted:

Is reset determined by the server? As in NA West reset is now 3 AM PDT while NA East is 3 AM EDT? Because having the daily chaos rift or boss spawn roll over by like 3 hours and counting towards the next day at reset time is some really dumb stuff.

Server reset time is currently 6am Eastern. Before DST it was 5am.

I confirmed this morning that on days that Field Bosses spawn, they keep spawning every hour until 6am. And since the boss actually spawns at like 6:03, you can do him and get rewards even if you did it earlier that reset. We weren’t sure if it would keep working when DST happened but it does.

I’d imagine chaos rifts do the same thing but haven’t confirmed. However if the new day also has chaos rifts and/or field bosses on the schedule then doing this would count towards your limit in the new day but if they aren’t on the schedule then you’re doubling the normal rewards.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hyper Inferno posted:

Because having the daily chaos rift or boss spawn roll over by like 3 hours and counting towards the next day at reset time is some really dumb stuff.
Having it roll over by 5 hours is pretty good. It lets you catch events at 1am or something. It doesn't allow for double dipping unless you schedule your play in a kind of weird way.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are the T1/2/3 Reward Chests the next best choice for buying gems after the Level Complete pack if I wanted to buy a bunch?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Hy_C posted:

It stays 100% until you hit level 6, then it drops to 60%. It's not gradual like it was in T2.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm really hoping that they punish good buyers soon. Seeing people in my guild buying 500k good for a fraction of Amazon's blue crystals prices is infuriating.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zotix posted:

I'm really hoping that they punish good buyers soon. Seeing people in my guild buying 500k good for a fraction of Amazon's blue crystals prices is infuriating.

There is 0 chance those dudes don’t catch a ban eventually

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

They've banned some high profile ones to discourage it. They've also hit people who have done small purchases and 500k-1m purchases so maybe they'll get banned.

They're taking a huge risk in a game with so much grind that swiping can't bypass.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 15, 2022

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Well he was 1370 last week and now has 2 alts in the as well. And I've put in more effort than he has and I'm stuck at 1367. I literally can't buy my way to 1370 through Amazon's store in a timely fashion which is further adding to the pipe. There are only so many harmony leapstones available.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zotix posted:

Well he was 1370 last week and now has 2 alts in the as well. And I've put in more effort than he has and I'm stuck at 1367. I literally can't buy my way to 1370 through Amazon's store in a timely fashion which is further adding to the pipe. There are only so many harmony leapstones available.
I've put uhh... 500+ hours in according to steam and am also not 1370.

My view is that I'll build a big base, I'll get to 1370 hopefully next week, and they'll fix progression by the april update. Overall, argos is not a huge deal and it's something we will be running for a year or more after we get to it. In addition to a bunch of other raids and stuff.

On KR 25% of people can access hardest content, another 40% can access the content right before that. Those are crazy numbers that show NA release progression was a bit botched. The perceived rush to 1370 seems a bit misguided to me given everyone is going to hit 1370 etc and everyone is going to replace all of the gear from argos pretty quickly. They also tend to do catchup mechanics quite frequently.

There are big money sinks in endgame for people who are panicking over 1370 now. Rerolling for a 100% weapon is super expensive, rerolling gems is crazy silver intensive when you get 7,8,9,10 gems, and there's just a ton of stuff that's really expensive if you try to force it instead of finding a play pattern you enjoy & just rolling with it until you get there through inevitability.

I'm under the impression you know most of this already, but a lot of people in the thread probably don't.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 15, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wish Abyss Dungeon mechanics just gave you vuln or killed you if you hosed them up and not wiped. At least then it wouldn't feel so loving terrible to try and get these done when you try and tell people what to do and they just don't and then go "ummm quit???"

loving hell

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Zotix posted:

For better or worse, RNG can be at play.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

kirbysuperstar posted:

I wish Abyss Dungeon mechanics just gave you vuln or killed you if you hosed them up and not wiped. At least then it wouldn't feel so loving terrible to try and get these done when you try and tell people what to do and they just don't and then go "ummm quit???"

loving hell

It is wild to me that you can't even queue for Abyssals more than once a week, even just to practice them without getting rewards. just lmao

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Flair posted:

Rng can be at play, sure. But he's admitted his purchasing habits, where he purchased from and how much he's bought. It's not hard to get to 1370 when you're buying leapstones from the AH in stacks of 100.

I've had luck on my side, I got my t3 weapon from 14 to 15 on one tap. I've also had 2 armor pieces go to 12 fails before succeeding from artisans energy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

*leans into microphone*

How bad is it? I need the song so I can complete Azure Wind Island.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

super sweet best pal posted:

How bad is it? I need the song so I can complete Azure Wind Island.

I'm waiting to complete the same mission. There's an extremely simple minigame on the island but it only shows up on the weekend? I think? You get once chance that day and if you aren't lucky enough to get the song in the drop well better luck next week. They had one today which is weird because I thought it was only on the weekend.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

S.J. posted:

It is wild to me that you can't even queue for Abyssals more than once a week, even just to practice them without getting rewards. just lmao

god, yeah that too

it's so aggravating

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flair posted:

Yeah it’s not RNG when you are using RMT to buy your way in.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Flair posted:

Rng is far less of an issue at 14->15 t3 because you get significantly more samples than with something like a 60%. 10% is bad enough that succeeding on your 8th attempt is within the realm of "average". It's only if you fail the 8th that you're on the receiving end of bad luck. And if you fail there, what's another 6 failures to safe limit.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 15, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Currently debating whether or not to roll a second alt so I can have someone purchase the T1 mats from the event shop but all the other classes I really want to play aren't out in yet in the west (Glaiver, Arcana, and Summoner in that order). I have a Scrapper main that's going to be parked at i1325 for the foreseeable future and a Bard in T2 that's just slowly moving her way up but I don't know who else to play.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hyper Inferno posted:

Currently debating whether or not to roll a second alt so I can have someone purchase the T1 mats from the event shop but all the other classes I really want to play aren't out in yet in the west (Glaiver, Arcana, and Summoner in that order). I have a Scrapper main that's going to be parked at i1325 for the foreseeable future and a Bard in T2 that's just slowly moving her way up but I don't know who else to play.

Artillerist. Big boom, always good.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/downtime-hotfix-march-15-at-12-am-pt-7-am-utc-8-am-cet/264460

Hotfix in a few hours, fixes a few bugs, addresses the daylights savings issue (if your computer is set for it), removes ilevel restrictions for grand prix exchanges.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tortolia posted:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/downtime-hotfix-march-15-at-12-am-pt-7-am-utc-8-am-cet/264460

Hotfix in a few hours, fixes a few bugs, addresses the daylights savings issue (if your computer is set for it), removes ilevel restrictions for grand prix exchanges.

Oh gently caress yes

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Oh gently caress yes

Not an empty quote

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

okay that makes me feel a little better, thank u bezos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

quote:

Fixed an issue that prevented unbound Uncommon (green) and Rare (blue) HP Potions from being tradeable.

This seems great as well!

Man I’m not a game dev, but I am a dev, and the idea of trying to maintain three completely separate clients gives me hives. I’m sure there are good reasons not to try to unify them, but that is very much not a thing I would like to work on. It’s pretty impressive how not hosed everything is, all things considered.