Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Who is this artist? I love his style, and there's been a few of his posted already. Is it Dan Attoe?

edit: Can't be Dan Attoe - he's too young. I can't find anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Mary Lou Wagner was a 14 -year-old girl that was raped and murdered in 1957 by a 17-year-old boy.

Her family was so sick of the lurid magazines, like this, selling copies with her name that they sued:
https://via.library.depaul.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3374&context=law-review
and lost.
Murder is always newsworthy!

These mags fascinate me for a while, I Went through a period of just devouring the damned things. The echos of Jim Thompson and James Ellroy are so powerful, both in the stories and the hacky drunks churning out the copy to fill a magazine every month.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

wa27 posted:

Who is this artist? I love his style, and there's been a few of his posted already. Is it Dan Attoe?

I'm having trouble too, but there was another cartoon posted by him in Omni magazine, and around two years prior I found an Omni cartoon similar to his style credited to Steve Attoe

So, maybe Steve Attoe, but that's as far as I can get really

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

This was a really nasty crime. I used to live near the area where it happened.

https://abc13.com/jennifer-ertman-and-elizabeth-pena-murders-teen-girls-murdered-in-houston-victims-rights/3618178/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Jennifer_Ertman_and_Elizabeth_Pe%F1a

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

wa27 posted:

I'm trying to figure it out as well. I'll post any I run across.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

wa27 posted:

His name is Steve Attoe. He also had a bunch of cartoons printed in Omni magazine between 1984-1987 (at least).

This website has a few of them posted:

http://www.williamflew.com/cartoons.html

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
https://49thshelf.com/Contributors/A/Attoe-Steve

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 16, 2022

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I like to think Elvis rose from his grave as an immortal being like Jesus did but all he does is travel the world to do the most boring, mundane poo poo like a total boomer.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013