Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:dudsmile:

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

lol oh my

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Naked Bear posted:

Holy poo poo

The tax-free bit was what got me.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Something that randomly just occured to me: what's true for the Russian airlines operating western aircraft is also true for the multitude if militaries that operate Soviet and Russian built aircraft (and presumably tanks, weapons, and ships, to a lesser degree). Outside of Russia the only facility factory authorized to overhaul MiG and Sukhoi aircraft is in Zaporzhizhia. (Obviously the factory authorized part may have changed since 2014)

I think India has that ability for it's Su-30MKIs since they build them locally (don't quote me on that, though.) But all the other operators are SOL once their overhaul periods come up.

I don't imagine that, say, Peru is going to want to send their MiG-29SMPs or Su-22s to Russia now.

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 15, 2022

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

PBJ posted:

I am the very model of a Russian major general.

I send troops with no air support to get killed in Mariupol.

I create a giant traffic jam while trying things logistical.

Then I get killed by a TB-2 while plotting war plans criminal.

:hellyeah:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PBJ posted:

I am the very model of a Russian major general.

I send troops with no air support to get killed in Mariupol.

I create a giant traffic jam while trying things logistical.

Then I get killed by a TB-2 while plotting war plans criminal.

:unsmith:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Something that randomly just occured to me: what's true for the Russian airlines operating western aircraft is also true for the multitude if militaries that operate Soviet and Russian built aircraft (and presumably tanks, weapons, and ships, to a lesser degree). Outside of Russia the only facility factory authorized to overhaul MiG and Sukhoi aircraft is in Zaporzhizhia. (Obviously the factory authorized part may have changed since 2014)

I think India has that ability for it's Su-30MKIs since they build them locally (don't quote me on that, though.) But all the other operators are SOL once their overhaul periods come up.

I don't imagine that, say, Peru is going to want to send their MiG-29SMPs or Su-22s to Russia now.

Lockheed’s got a boner to rival Boeing’s.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

There will probably be a booming market for aftermarket parts made by non Russian countries. Apparently RUAG makes their own parts for the F4, so I'm sure we'll see something similar for the multitude of leftover Soviet stuff.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

Lockheed’s got a boner to rival Boeing’s.

Could you imagine Lockheed factory serviced Migs?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Could you imagine Lockheed factory serviced Migs?

“Hey mate this thing’s right cocked, the brake callipers are just falling appart, I can’t let you off the ramp with this… lucky for you though my man Jimmy here has these surplus F-16 and we’ll give you a discount on account of how badly them fucks at Migoyan screwed ya.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Is there precedent for theft by conversion between two states?

There have been times when ships under construction were commandeered by the shipyard’s nation at the outbreak of war. I don’t know about ships that had already been delivered and returned to spawn for maintenance.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

“Hey mate this thing’s right cocked, the brake callipers are just falling appart, I can’t let you off the ramp with this… lucky for you though my man Jimmy here has these surplus F-16 and we’ll give you a discount on account of how badly them fucks at Migoyan screwed ya.”

"Give em the loaner"

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’ll take “Aww that’s adorable” for $500, Alex.

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1503744554444505093

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Platystemon posted:

Is there precedent for theft by conversion between two states?

There have been times when ships under construction were commandeered by the shipyard’s nation at the outbreak of war. I don’t know about ships that had already been delivered and returned to spawn for maintenance.

Lmao you're talking about the Ottoman's battleships at the start of WW1

This ended badly for all involved

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It’s so petty to include Hillary Clinton.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I mean, if Trump had won these sanctions would have some teeth.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Looks like the talking points have been solidified and Russia is back on it's social media game. Some Qanon whack job bullshit got filtered through to the troll farms and is being pumped in to the brains of all the right wing idiots. You're probably already hearing the camel's-nose-under-the-tent version of this from anybody loving stupid enough to watch Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour. It's the usual playbook of the wide spread soft introduction followed by "do your research!" to get people in to the really insane poo poo.

The REAL TRUTH is that Fauci had secret biolabs in Ukraine with Biden's blessing working on COVID 2.0 that are ethnically selective that Trump was trying to unmask but [insert favorite out group here] stopped him with their perfidious scheming and impeached him in the process so Russia had to defend themselves with a full scale invasion.

The conspiracy will change to meet the needs of reality, of course, but for now that's the kernel of corn in the propaganda poo poo pile.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

I spat when I saw the Soyuz

Ukrainian farmers are training for that prize
https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/1503750780133777415?s=20&t=WAvQqERFdxAQeg8tHZ6n2w
Working their way up

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1503588577900478464?t=yLrmTkLyAg3vF-i3MuHSCA&s=19
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1503589476106395648?t=Zvo8QmEwT4n0Y3VyRp1jfQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1503596347471110147?t=c0vtKdasj31f4D360YV67Q&s=19

Probably fallen on deaf ears (from all the Russian money stashed in them)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

New Snowrunner looking good.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

CBJSprague24 posted:

The tax-free bit was what got me.
That's official. Zelenskyy has announced that you will not pay any taxes on Russian military equipment you acquire.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ukraine is going to have a wild arms buyback program after this, or there's going to be a robust cottage industry of disabling the weapons on these tanks. Having that stuff hanging out after the war is asking for trouble.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I just realized that Romney's emergence as the voice of reason in the GOP probably has a much to do with him being rich as gently caress and not needing bribes from Russia as it does with him being in a politically secure position.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That's official. Zelenskyy has announced that you will not pay any taxes on Russian military equipment you acquire.

Russian oligarchs gonna have their yachts towed on purpose

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Ukraine is going to have a wild arms buyback program after this, or there's going to be a robust cottage industry of disabling the weapons on these tanks. Having that stuff hanging out after the war is asking for trouble.

Or a very polite society if you ask a southerner

Might be nice to get concert tickets to paul McCartney in exchange for your T-72B

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Russian oligarchs gonna have their yachts towed on purpose

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'd go to Action Park-Ukraine.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Looks like Russia thinks they have figured out how this amphibious assault works.

https://twitter.com/CovertShores/status/1503732767569420296

Any bets on if they even make it to shore? Did the last attempt get blown up/had a riot on a ship?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Elviscat posted:

I just realized that Romney's emergence as the voice of reason in the GOP probably has a much to do with him being rich as gently caress and not needing bribes from Russia as it does with him being in a politically secure position.

If he stops being all talk and threatens to leave the GOP unless they expel openly white supremacist or qanon members of Congress from the party, or if he makes reasonable requests for Biden's legislation to be revised in exchange for his support, then I'll take him seriously. Until then he's just a palette swapped McConnell. "We are really the only significant experiment in democracy and preserving liberal democracy is an extraordinary challenge” ok why don't you get yourself arrested protesting voter disenfranchisement at the Texas capitol, or endorse national voting by mail or making election day a holiday?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ASAPI posted:

Looks like Russia thinks they have figured out how this amphibious assault works.

Any bets on if they even make it to shore? Did the last attempt get blown up/had a riot on a ship?

Any idea if there are any shore batteries in the area?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
From what little I've seen, the Ukrainians have been reinforcing and readying themselves to defend against an assault in Odessa. I'd imagine that their weapons systems and defenses are something they're keeping off of social media. I hope the Ukrainians can make the beaches run with Russian blood.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ASAPI posted:

I don't want to be ghoulish but this whole drat thing will be filmed, won't it?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

If he stops being all talk and threatens to leave the GOP unless they expel openly white supremacist or qanon members of Congress from the party, or if he makes reasonable requests for Biden's legislation to be revised in exchange for his support, then I'll take him seriously. Until then he's just a palette swapped McConnell. "We are really the only significant experiment in democracy and preserving liberal democracy is an extraordinary challenge” ok why don't you get yourself arrested protesting voter disenfranchisement at the Texas capitol, or endorse national voting by mail or making election day a holiday?

I don't think threatening to leave helps his agenda in any way. It's not like he's irreplaceable, or that his enemies would be sad to see him go.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

From what little I've seen, the Ukrainians have been reinforcing and readying themselves to defend against an assault in Odessa. I'd imagine that their weapons systems and defenses are something they're keeping off of social media. I hope the Ukrainians can make the beaches run with Russian blood.

I also seem to recall Ukraine mining the poo poo out of the beach.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

Any idea if there are any shore batteries in the area?

Not sure but here's something:
https://twitter.com/OSINTschizo/status/1503539337018986496?s=20&t=s2yVokvogJ8MOZGGNtRkVw

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I can not imagine a redneck with an MBT letting the gun be disabled under any circumstances.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Robert Facepalmer posted:

The grave pool

But you have to cross a river in a Russian tank

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Forget shooting an rpg at a range in Cambodia, I get to pull the trigger on an mlrs???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I also seem to recall Ukraine mining the poo poo out of the beach.

Yeah they did
https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/status/1503309191523536896?t=L1AIZTmiGIsKiWiVhu7dbw&s=19