Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

It's mostly horrible since it's a early game leveling dungeon that if you've leveled enough classes, you'll have seen it enough to be sick of it. There's worse leveling dungeons but nobody really likes the really early game dungeons any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Satasha is fine as a first dungeon in FFXIV. It's not Toto-Rak or Aurum Vale.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What's so bad about that place? I started XIV in 2020 and don't remember anything about it.

Honestly nothing, it's an extremely inoffensive dungeon. But the way the leveling roulette goes, it's perhaps among the most likely dungeons for you to get sent into, and the way that level syncing works means that most players will end up there with barely any buttons, bored to tears. Basically Sastasha's only sin is being the first dungeon.

I still say that what they should've done to trigger FFXIV players is to go Aurum Vale. And then merge it with the Marsh Cave to trigger the FFI players, too.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sastasha is probably by far the most played dungeon in FF14 because it’s the lowest level dungeon and the first dungeon.

Since people have a daily roulette that randomly picks a dungeon from available dungeons for all 4 players, sastasha is always on that list.

And of course since it’s the first dungeon it also will be most likely to have a new player who isn’t very good (or strong) at the game. While people are generally sweet and helpful, it’s still a bit annoying to be slowed down by a new player when you’re just trying to finish your daily roulette.

It’s not triggering or anything, it’s just a big ol’ wink at the FF14 community. It’s honestly a very solid, inoffensive, if a bit boring, dungeon.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
It seems like the auto optimize of gear is really bad since it wants to put my samurai in all mage gear

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Maybe it's trying to tell you something about your choice of class.

Or maybe it thinks it's in Final Fantasy Tactics, where you wanted your samurai to have very high magic attack because Draw Out was magic-based. Or you preferably gave Draw Out to a black mage.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Sastasha also returns as a level 50 hard mode dungeon, and then Shadowbringers has a dungeon that very directly references Sastasha (Anamnesis Anyder), including a jazzy remix of its theme. The dungeon's a meme and a welcoming ground.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Eight-Six posted:

Sastasha also returns as a level 50 hard mode dungeon, and then Shadowbringers has a dungeon that very directly references Sastasha (Anamnesis Anyder), including a jazzy remix of its theme. The dungeon's a meme and a welcoming ground.

Anamnesis Anyder music needs more love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aczcmKRd4F4

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Satasha is fine as a first dungeon in FFXIV. It's not Toto-Rak or Aurum Vale.

Toto-Rak is by far the worst dungeon in XIV. It comes up upsetting often in LDR too.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think there's a good case to be made for Copperbell too, just off the back of how dull the boss encounters are

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aurum Vale isn't even in the top five of worst xiv dungeons tbqh

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No Dignity posted:

I think there's a good case to be made for Copperbell too, just off the back of how dull the boss encounters are

Love to stand around and wait for an add to spawn and self-destruct to damage a boss.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

No Dignity posted:

It’s also the only dungeon (one of the only?) dungeons with leashing, which is good and bad.

The bosses are weird as poo poo though.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Copperbell is definitely bottom five, I like it's 50 version though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

IcePhoenix posted:

As a design, I agree, but as an experience, I strongly disagree, because even in 2022 people just loving cannot execute and it is just too drat easy to go off the rails

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I find that people only ever wipe in that first room. Coincounter isn't as bad now they've added the AoE markers. I guess being a healer means that I can cover for people absolutely refusing to eat fruit, that would probably be a lot worse if it were the healer not eating the fruit and dying.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Any reviewer who hits this point in the game and still has complaints about the story and writing probably think Hercules and Xena were bad shows with bad writing too.

VanillaGorilla posted:

Hahahaha, they put Sastasha right up front in the game to trigger all the FFXIV players.

These guys know exactly what they’re doing

Sastasha's probably the best, least offensive low level dungeon in FFXIV.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CottonWolf posted:

I find that people only ever wipe in that first room. Coincounter isn't as bad now they've added the AoE markers. I guess being a healer means that I can cover for people absolutely refusing to eat fruit, that would probably be a lot worse if it were the healer not eating the fruit and dying.
First room, people who don't eat fruit, and somehow inexplicably going for the "let all the baby malboro spawn" strat even though they don't give any exp in 2022.

But yeah, if I was the healer I bet it would feel a lot less bad, as compared to my usual experience of "deeps eat fruit then everyone die"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sastasha's probably the best, least offensive low level dungeon in FFXIV.

I'd say Tam Tara but yeah I'm perfectly happy to get Sastasha

DACK FAYDEN posted:

As a design, I agree, but as an experience, I strongly disagree, because even in 2022 people just loving cannot execute and it is just too drat easy to go off the rails

The experience is a lot better when you don't let it live rent free in your head and just do the dungeon. My favorite thing to do when I'm tanking is to just go through the middle of the first room because it makes people go insane before they eventually realize how not bad it is.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Has anyone got their hands on the PC version of SoP yet and can talk about performance?

No Dignity posted:

After they take the glue pools out of Toto-rak in the 6.1 patch, Copperbell is gonna be the worst dungeon, no contest. It's fine when you're just getting started with the game, but on subsequent runs the first two bosses being 3 minutes each of thumb-twiddling is the worst.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So uh, the not-Limp Bizkit song is on YouTube now

https://youtu.be/iHlgnqFGLik

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What's so bad about that place? I started XIV in 2020 and don't remember anything about it.

It sucks to get in duty roulette, because you probably will only have three or four buttons to push.

Also, everyone has really low HP, so a Healer might have a bit less time to do DPS than normal.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I like it, but there are far too many players who don’t know how to play, pull the entire first room, wipe, and abandon the party after. It’s not even that difficult compared to other mmo content. Players can’t be trusted with anything more complex than corridor running apparently

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So uh, the not-Limp Bizkit song is on YouTube now

https://youtu.be/iHlgnqFGLik

Actually pretty drat good lmao

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Did I skip a cutscene where we learn who the 3 bros are and what chaos is and why Jack hates it so much or does the game just start in media res

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

most people who hate Aurum Vale were traumatized by it in the early ARR days when it was on the same server cluster as all the end game dungeons so it was laggier than the other dungeons, and Coincounter didn't have AoE markers to telegraph his attacks. Also its extremely yellow. Its perfectly fine nowadays, though. Except for the yellow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Did I skip a cutscene where we learn who the 3 bros are and what chaos is and why Jack hates it so much or does the game just start in media res

What more do you need?

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Where is the smithy?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Seems like you got all the important info :hai:

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Where is the smithy?

on the stage select, open the menu and go to the second tab, but first select "Talk" and listen to all the inane things they made NPCs say

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

PirateZim posted:

on the stage select, open the menu and go to the second tab, but first select "Talk" and listen to all the inane things they made NPCs say

Rad thanks

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

I can't believe that Jack is tsundere.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Who are the 3 bros:
Jack, Ash, Jed

What is their background:
They want to kill chaos

What is chaos:
The target of their mission

What is their mission:
To kill chaos, who is bad

Why are they teaming up:
They have crystals that react to each other and want to kill chaos

What are the crystals:
Part of the plan to kill chaos

What is the plan to kill chaos:
Kill chaos

Why do they want to kill chaos:
They want to kill chaos, as set forth in the prophecy

What is the prophecy:
Some people will kill chaos

Why does Jack, specifically, want to kill chaos:
It’s like a hunger, or a thirst, to kill Chaos

Why does Jack hate chaos:
It’s like a hunger, or a thirst, to kill chaos

Hope this helps, friend

jokes fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 15, 2022

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Jack couldn't have put it better himself. :hmmyes:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Beat Crystal Mirage and did a farm run of it too. Pretty cool and the boss wasn't too bad, but it looks weirdly... oily on PS4.

Experimented with mace Tyrant as well which was interesting and pretty effective actually.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
You can tell a ton of love went into making this game. Absolutely wonderful. This is the most fun I’ve had with FF in ages.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

jokes posted:

Who are the 3 bros:
Jack, Ash, Jed

What is their background:
They want to kill chaos

What is chaos:
The target of their mission

What is their mission:
To kill chaos, who is bad

Why are they teaming up:
They have crystals that react to each other and want to kill chaos

What are the crystals:
Part of the plan to kill chaos

What is the plan to kill chaos:
Kill chaos

Why do they want to kill chaos:
They want to kill chaos, as set forth in the prophecy

What is the prophecy:
Some people will kill chaos

Why does Jack, specifically, want to kill chaos:
It’s like a hunger, or a thirst, to kill Chaos

Why does Jack hate chaos:
It’s like a hunger, or a thirst, to kill chaos

Hope this helps, friend

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
That moment with Lich really seals the deal that Jack Garland is the greatest protagonist of all time.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Pugilist is a fun class so far. Samurai is okay. Theif is real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Pugilist is a fun class so far. Samurai is okay. Theif is real bad

Thief is great in some cases, like the third boss you can chain steal instant whirlwinds to kill the adds easily. But the daggers are underwhelming in general.